Today's Top Stories - July 31, 2014
CAUTION - NATIONAL HEALTH ALERT: EBOLA IN U.S.: CDC Goes Sky-High with New Ebola Warning: Is the U.S. just one airline flight away from an epidemic? Guidelines warn of "severe, often-fatal disease" More
Is this arrogant incompetent ghetto community organizer president finally going down? House Republicans gave Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) the power to initiate a lawsuit accusing the administration of breaching constitutional duties through executive orders that served as an end run around Congress More
PREPARE - HEAVY WX as Heavy Rain Eyes Jacksonville to NYC, Boston This Weekend More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Fayetteville, NC deputies who shot and killed at least one of three who died in gunfight over a domestic problem that also wounded 3 deputies More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Bedford Co. deputy for killed suspect in home invasion during a confrontation More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Metro Vegas cop who shot and killed man who’d carjacked a vehicle and burglarized a home More
SILVER BULLET AWARD:To Seatac, Wash. cop who shot home invader More
GUNS! DC Metro police again enforcing ban on carrying guns More
GUNS! New Bloomberg Anti-Gun Ad Backfires (Inadvertently) Proves Why Women Need Guns More
GUNS! Rapper, restaurant owner, Rick Ross, invites criminals: Wants patrons to leave guns at home when visiting his 25 wing restaurants More
GUNS! PEW RESEARCH REPORT CONFIRMS REALITY: As gun sales rise, crime levels fall. No matter how hard liberal-minded gun control freaks try to spin the numbers, they just can’t get around the simple truth that responsible gun-ownership is a huge deterrent to crime More
Catholic League President Bill Donohue slams U.S. Kenyan-in-Chief Obama for his pro-Muslim statement commemorating the end of the Muslim Ramadan observance More
IRS-GATE COVER UP CONT’D: Two of X-IRS chief Lois Lerner’s emails surface showing his contempt for conservatives and calling them ‘assholes.” More
Obama set to defy Congress again vows veto of House border bill More
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), an influential tea party leader, will meet with a group of House Republicans Wednesday to urge them to oppose House Speaker John A. Boehner’s plan to stem the flow of migrant children at the U.S.-Mexico border; it the latest example of the combative freshman senator wading into House affairs and serving as an informal whip against the leadership’s immigration position More
Endangered Democratic senators facing tough reelections want to put the brakes on President Obama’s plan to reform the nation’s immigration enforcement system through executive action; Two of the Senate’s most vulnerable incumbents, Sens. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) and Kay Hagan (D-N.C.), say Obama should not act unilaterally to reduce deportations, arguing it’s Congress’s job to change the law More
TX, AZ crime rates soaring due to swarms of Obama’s illegal aliens More
REMEMBER THIS OBAMA LIE? ObamaCare Shoots Healthcare Premiums Up By 88% in California What happened to the "your premiums will actually go down" promise? More B.O. B.S? More
THE PLACE TO GET PAID NOT TO WORK: “Dozens of employees working for an obscure federal agency went years with little work to do, allowing them to collect salaries and bonuses while they shopped online, caught up on chores, watched television or walked the dog, an investigation revealed More
A Virginia News Source Special Report
[Editor’s note: As a veteran reporter covering federal, state, and local courts since 1960, this reporter has never witnessed a story like Cameron Crockett’s.
His conviction on a manslaughter charge was the result of incompetent or corrupt prosecutors, defense attorneys, police investigators, and the courts. Or all of the above.
In fact one witness told the court she overheard the son of a Beach cop say, “I just got free…I thought I killed both of them (both Crockett and his best friend): The man, Jacob Palmer, was never interrogated by police or called to testify.
A police spokesman said the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office shut down their investigation and didn’t share information with them.
All are hiding behind official protection to keep the coverup going.
Prosecutors illegally read Crockett’s mail.
It was never proven by any witness that Crockett was driving.
Through judicial corruption, he was railroaded on withheld or manipulated evidence and sent to prison.
After his first trial ended in a mistrial, the angry, unprofessional,vindictive prosecution, swung around for another whack - they wouldn’t even try to convict the person identified as the real driver, choosing to re-try Crockett again instead.
He was found guilty by a jury the 2nd time, but before he could be sentenced - Cameron who grew up believing in the American justice system could see trouble: He skipped the country and when he finally returned - hoping to be treated fairly at sentencing, the courts took its pound of flesh and shipped him to the pokey for 8.5 years.
Many murderers don’t get more than a year from the same courts and judges - but this court, prosecutors, and police were pissed and threw the book at Crockett.
Anonymous, which has a reputation of opposing criminal government activities, on its web site says “the justice system in Virginia Beach has engaged in ‘psychological terrorism against Cameron Crockett…’.”
It goes on to state: “Cameron Crockett was wrongly convicted and sentenced to 8.5 years in prison for the manslaughter of Jack Korte. The case has taken place in Virginia Beach, where political corruption and cronyism runs deep and rampant.”
So far, a lot of bad decisions have been made by all parties, including Cameron himself. This is his story.]
The beginning of a long bad night!
The sorry saga began on the night of Dec. 28 , 2008. Crockett and his best friend Jack Korte, whose cousin is married to Mayor Will Sessoms’ daughter, had been invited by another friend, Jacob Palmer, to a party hosted by Josh Reddy and Kevin Rondorff at 1144 Bancroft Hall off First Colonial Rd. Crockett and Korte weren’t familiar with the location and arranged to be met by Palmer to take them inside.
Reddy told the court that about 11 p.m. Palmer asked him if he needed anything that they were going to the store. The trio was gone at the same time. Palmer didn’t come back until 2 or 3 hours later. The fatal crash happened at 11:16 p.m. Palmer lived about 2.3 miles from the crash site or less by the way the crow flies. More than one person at the party testified the trio were gone at same time.
The police never questioned why Palmer came back alone nor why Palmer wasn’t at the scene of the crash if they’d all left together.
Although the police knew of Palmer’s involvement, they NEVER interviewed Palmer ever.
by Joseph J. McGrenra, CFCM
(July 28th, 2014)-I don’t remember the first time I saw James Garner on screen. It was in the early 1970’s and I recall it was a western-either Support Your Local Sheriff or Support Your Local Gunfighter.
The role that made him a star was Maverick, and I came to that late. I was and am a western fan, but that series was in black and white and by the time I was growing up a lot of stations wouldn’t show black and white series. However Garner returned to the role in the 1970s (The New Maverick and a cameo in Young Maverick), the 1980’s (the Bret Maverick series), and 1990’s 1994’s big screen Maverick).
He was one of the few stars of his era that worked on both the big and small screens. After leaving Maverick (more on that later), he spent the next decade or so concentrating on the big screen (The Great Escape, Grand Prix, etc.) before returning to television.
He was considered one of the best drivers in Hollywood and did all of his own driving in Grand Prix and later in The Rockford Files.
My favorite Garner role is easy and a no-brainer for me-Jim Rockford. I don’t remember if I was there for the first episode of The Rockford Files, but if I missed it, I was watching soon after it started. Rockford Files is one of the few shows in the history of television (yes my opinion, but shared by many others) that never really lost it or “jumped the sharp”.
It left television in the middle of its sixth season after Garner was told he needed a break or the pace was going to kill him. Garner intended to take some time and recover his health and return, but the studio decided not to wait for his return and pulled the plug (more on that later).
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Today's headline reporting the conviction of one of the Tsanaev brothers' friends, made me ponder:
When do we get to see US Army traitor Nidal Hasan hanging by his neck? And, how long will we be made to wait to see justice for all the folks maimed and killed by the Tsarnaev brothers?
After killing 13 men and women at Fort Hood, TX, Hasan has managed to stay alive by the good graces of his Muslim cousin, our Community Organizer-in-Chief.
Do you want to put any money on my proposition that Hasan will NEVER be hung for his treason? Did we ever get the great controversy of Hasan's beard resolved? [Click Below to read more]
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Illegally sold federal guns may fired on TX Congressman
I couldn’t help but borrow part of a phrase from the treasonous and blasphemous Reverend Jerimiah Wright, the “reverend” who spat out racist rhetoric from his pulpit in Chicago. You know the guy, the preacher who Obama never heard during Obama’s infrequent church attendances, the preacher who baptized both of Obama’s daughters? Yeah, that guy.
Instead of “chickens coming home to roost,” it appears that Obama’s 50 caliber weapons that he illegally sold through the BATF to Mexican drug cartels have, most assuredly, come home to roost.
Friday night, 18 July 2014, Texas US Congressman Louie Gohmert and his companions were fired upon from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande with what could only be described by the weapon’s report as a 50 caliber. Fifty calibers are capable of destruction on an unprecedented scale for a shoulder-fired weapon. They are sometimes used to disable vehicles in war zones by shooting through engine blocks. Assassinations from great distances are another use. Click here for rest of the column
It was back in July of last year that I got a query from Dr. Martin Marks, AKA Dr. Footsie, offering to do cartoons for Virginia News Source. I first thought a California-based podiatrist calling himself Dr. Footsie and cartooning was maybe a ‘whack job.’
I love ‘whack jobs and I connected with him and stuck up a a great relationship nstantly. My kind of person.
Of sound mind. Off-beat humorous. A humanitarian. And a talented, creative individual. We loved him out the gate.
Dr. Footsie has enough of a whacky outlook and the creative, artistic ability to articulate the wrongs of the world in a delightfully humorous way. That’s not to say his cartoons aren't biting. They are. They are effective. In one upcoming cartoon, he depicts Obama in a cartoon entitled “a black eye on America," combining all that wrong about Obama’s failed presidency. Subtle meanings are hidden throughout his work.
Martin is an extremely busy man, working with young people, fighting drugs, doing puppet shows, preaching a life without crime, and the truth about smoking ‘the tale of toebacco.’
He’s as clever as he is off-beat and professional. We just wonder how he has the time for Virginia News Source. However, he does it, we’re thankful he’s chosen us as the publisher of his cartoons.
Thanks Dr. Footsie for a great 1st year and we hope you’ll continue to bless us with your great humor and talent.
Visit his website Footsteps Sports Club., Inc. for more information and details.
It used to be that conservatives were known for supporting God, family, and self-reliance.
That being the case, WHY do you use such crude language in describing the lack of fortitude of Republicans?
If they were against Mr. Soetoro/Obama or whomever he is, they would have exposed him as a fraud and usurper a long time ago, right?
Mr. Obama was adopted by Barry Soetoro and took his name and nationality. Unless he has changed both, he remains Barry Soetoro of Indonesia.
VNS sent a constituent query, (not as the media) on June 2 asking 2nd District Rep. Scott Rigell on June 2 to give a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer to whether he would cosponsor H.R. 2959 - the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013 - no rhetoric just a simple answer. Rigell replied with a standard 2-page congressional form, irrelevant BS letter, consisting of 263-words - and would not answer the question. (See original story)
Then on June 23, VNS send an official media query to Kim Mosser, Rigell’s communications director: Restating: “Simple Yes or No answer - no explanation wanted:
A.Will Rigell 1). Support H.R. 2959 and 2). Will he co-sponsor H.R. 2959?
B.Will he oppose H.R. 4783? Yes or No?
Mz. Mosser answered finally on July 15 that Rigell is now a cosponsor of National Right to Carry bill.
Somehow she didn’t understand the question on H.R.4783 (https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/4783) a trojan horse bill entitled “Promoting Healthy Minds for Safer Communities Act of 2014” but in fact an bill aimed at gun control. It is described by the National Rifle Association (See: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2014/6/ask-your-us-rep-to-oppose-wide-ranging-gun-control-bill-hr-4783.aspx) as a wide-ranging gun control bill.
Mz. Mosser didn’t seem to understand VNS’ questions as to whether Rigell would hide behind the bill’s lofty title and oppose it. We’ll have to write him again. Maybe if you're interested, you can write him also.
- Obama gave guns to Mexican criminals - Putin rockets to Ukraine rebels !
- Obama: It's not the color of his skin, but the blackness of his heart toward America that is a problem
- The Constitution and the Military
- A Republican Victory on the Front Lines of ObamaCare; They're winning on Medicaid in Virginia
- More corruption in White House than on the border
- Pseudo Libertarians & Santa Claus
Quote OF THE DAY
If hard work and success is rewarded with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, Subsidized housing, and free cell phones ..... Then you might live in a country run by idiots
~Junius P. Long
- Early Hormone Therapy May Be Safe for Women's Hearts
- Female Triathletes May Face Health Problems Such as Incontinence
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Weight Loss Surgery May Help Ease Urinary Incontinence
- Yeast Infection
- Vaginal Pain
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Sexy Facebook Photos Not a Hit With Many Young Women
- Childhood Sex Abuse May Be Linked to Heart Disease Risk in Women
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Gaza cease-fire: Did it help that US was taking a diplomatic breather?
- House border bill implodes, and Ted Cruz stands amid wreckage
- Wisconsin anti-union law: state Supreme Court ruling probably the final say
- House drops border bill, tells president they are suing for acting alone to act alone
- Dining out in UK rises, but still below pre-recession level
- Bizarre comet has a 'neck,' reveals Euro-probe
- Does Boehner lawsuit hold danger for Obama? (+video)
- 'Next in line': why Republicans have no clear heir apparent in 2016
- Taiwan explosions kill 15, injure 228 in Kaohsiung (+video)
- As Iraq crisis deepens, veterans wonder: Was it worth it?
- US, UN announce deal on 72-hour Gaza cease-fire
- Abbas seeks broad support for war crimes charges
- CIA spied on Senate, internal review finds
- Dow plunges as multiple worries vex investors
- W. Africa Ebola outbreak tops 700 deaths
- Gas explosions kill 20, injure 270 in Taiwan
- Congress races to finish VA, highway bills
- Libya Islamic militias declare control of Benghazi
- Price, Lester, Lackey traded in deadline flurry
- AP PHOTOS: Mansion or shack? It's the $1M question
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Recall, Case Count & Investigation Update: Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to...
- July 1, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 27, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- June 20, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Frozen...
- June 12, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- June 11, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 5, 2014 (Investigation Notice) Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Exposure to Clinical and...
- Investors, Are You Ready for the Next Global Crisis?
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Before You Retire?
- Best and Worst Buys of August 2014
- 3 Simple Steps to Make the Most of Your 401(k)
- Will Flex Fuel Save You Money?
- Car Buying Advice From Around the Web
- Another Way to Fund a Health Savings Account
- Matrix Advisors Value Fund on the Mend
- 7 Must-Haves for Your Emergency Kit - Slide Show
- How Financial Literacy Can Be Taught in Schools
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections