Today's Top Stories - May 27, 2015
Confirmed TX/OK Flooding Death Toll Rises to 17: Apocalyptic scenes in submerged Houston as a casket floats by, snakes are seen swimming in the floodwaters More
Spying on Americans … FBI Push to Weaken Cell Phone Security, Skirt Encryption Alarms - Privacy Advocates If we can't collect the dots, how can we connect the dots, contend security officials More
Top Global Soccer Officials Arrested in U.S., Swiss FIFA Corruption Cases: Criminal investigation launched into FIFA, the wealthiest and most powerful sports body on earth, involving up to $100 million in bribes for awarding the next two world cup competitions More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To to Pleasant Grove, UT man for shooting and killing his neighbor who tried to break into his home More
Obama Race-Inspired killings: 12 killed and at least 43 — including a 4-year-old girl — were wounded in holiday weekend activity in murderous Chicago. Anybody seen Al Sharpton? More
Obama-Race-Inspired killings II: 9 killed, in 29 holiday weekend shootings in good ole Baltimore. Anybody seen Al Sharpton? More
GUNS! TX rushes to pass gun rights bills before legislative session expires More
Lefty Democrats conspire with criminals to destroy law and order …The wages of liberalism is death … The Left’s ceaseless attacks on law enforcement are having the predictable effect: elevated homicide rates in the cities where policemen have come under attack. Paul wrote here about out-of-control violence in Baltimore in the wake of the anti-police protests there, and the indictment of six officers More
Baltimore Bleeds After Democrats Attack Police President Barack Obama made it perfectly clear from 2009 onward that he holds law enforcement officers with a contempt, a fact born out time and again as he sends representatives to the funerals of violent criminals such as Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown, while ignoring the deaths of officers who have fallen in the line of duty in service to their communities More
Feel more secure yet? Thousands of Homeland Security TSA Airport High Security Access Badges Are Missing More
Wetback Update … Blocked Again Appeals Court Again Refuses To Lift Hold On Obama's Illegal Immigration Action More
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
My US Congressman, Scott Rigell, continues his silence regarding Islamic jihad organizations like CAIR, headquartered across the river from VA in DC.
Many CAIR members live in Virginia; but, Congressman Rigell apparently sees no problem with such anti-US organizations.
CAIR's latest proclamations denigrating America's fighting men and women on Memorial Day (below) should be sufficient evidence to even our left-leaning voters that the congressman has a huge problem.
Is the congressman obligated to CAIR in some way?
Why would he not respond to my letters and why would he not uphold his promise to respond to me made in front of 200+ voters at his Town Hall meeting on 8 April 15?
Does Congressman Rigell know something that we don't know?
Is there something about Rigell that I just don't get?
I will continue to call him a liar until he responds to me.
The newly-obtained Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) report forwarded to the White House and State Dept. just after the 2012 Benghazi attack confirms that the administration's efforts behind Benghazi were specifically crafted to conceal administration malfeasance and re-elect Obama in 2012. I had been writing about surfacing reports by reputable journalists since early 2013, but Obama and Hillary still have not been held accountable for fatalities, coverups, and conspicuous dereliction of duty. Remember these facts – all currently relevant and incriminating, and most substantiated by the DIA report:
1. Arms were indeed being secretly transported from Benghazi to Syrian rebels – now Al Qaeda and ISIS – by Obama. Ambassador Stevens was sent, at least in part, to coordinate that effort. The 2012 DIA report also predicted the rise of an ISIS in Syria and Iraq, the region where Obama was shipping arms and 17 months before he called ISIS "JV". CLICK [READ MORE] BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY
submitted by Beach Chiropractor William Theiser, DC
Our federal government … which has " Tomahawk" cruise missiles and "Apache", "Blackhawk", 'Kiowa" and "Lakota” helicopters - and used the code name "Geronimo" in the attack that killed Osama bin Laden,
Officially objects to the name of the Washington Redskins???
We make fun of Bill Clinton for saying things like, "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." It was and still is amusing to hear how he and Ms. Clinton can change the meanings of everyday words in order to wriggle out of a tight place. But, they have taught us a lesson. If we pay attention to the valuable lessons we learn from scheming politicians, and not just the Clintons, and apply them to meaningful purposes we could benefit greatly. I have two examples of how we are fooled every day, one just a rip-off and the other more highly destructive.
The lesser meaning of the two is a simple ad in a brochure, newspaper, magazine or flier. An actual ad in a brochure reads, "50% off all frames, all lens and all lens options." So, I go to purchase a set of glasses but the manager quotes me a price without the 50% discount. I complain. He shows me a nondescript small print disclaimer that says, "Some frames and lens excluded from offer. Other restrictions may apply."
I asked him to give me his definition of the word 'all' and he becomes inflamed.
Do we have an immigration problem?
Immigrants come here legally. They come here to benefit from the advantages of living in a nation of freedom and opportunity. They are eager to learn the language and American customs and become productive American citizens.
The problem we do have is an invasion. True, the invaders aren’t coming here militarily. If they were they would be summarily repelled. But rather, they are allowed to walk in with impunity.
Sure, there are some who come here simply to take jobs to provide for their families which is the result of the poor conditions in their homeland’s socialized economies. So we socialize our country’s economy by sending foreign aid to shore up their homeland’s failing socialized economies. We have to borrow the money to do so instead of having them do so.
by John P.Kuchta Jr.
We’re being “set-up.” I’ll offer a few personal examples.
I don’t know how else to interpret the fact that my US Congressman, Scott Rigell, representing VA’s Second Congressional District, will not respond to my local, regional and national security concerns expressed in a registered letter dated 07 Dec 14, that’s over five months ago.
On 08 April 15, Rigell lied to me in front of 200+ citizens at his Town Hall Meeting at Regency Law School.
He went on and on, obviously playing to the crowd about “responsiveness” when I rose to ask him publicly why he wouldn’t or couldn’t respond to my concerns expressed in my Dec 2014 letter.
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
Let me see if I can wrap my arms around these warnings we're getting from folks as diverse as our Department of Defense, the FBI and, today, ISIS' PR Department.
Virginia has been mentioned in all three reports within the last five weeks.
I know what we should do, let's dump millions of dollars into a $300 million light rail boondoggle. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
Hardening our schools, churches, synagogues, malls and entertainment venues should absolutely play second fiddle to a corrupt light rail project.
Bottom line: The VB City Council is under investigation by the FBI and the VA State Police. Making money for their campaign donors in this light rail project obviously takes precedence over the safety of the citizens of Virginia Beach.
Congressman Rigell, how's your response coming along? You either can't or won't address these security issues. Please just tell me which it is.
- Newer Birth Control Pills May Slightly Raise Blood Clot Risk
- Too Many Women Who Need Bone Screening Aren't Getting It
- Pap Smear
- Nearly 1 in 5 Female College Freshmen Sexually Assaulted: Study
- Single Moms Report Poorer Health Later in Life
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Endometrial Ablation
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- US slams FIFA officials with corruption indictments
- Nebraska becomes first red state to repeal the death penalty since 1973
- The 3 presidential candidates throwing a wrench in Mitch McConnell's plans
- Texas floods: Does urban sprawl put more homes in path of flooding?
- Opinion: 'Corporate welfare' must go
- New hominid species may have been neighbor to famed 'Lucy'
- 'It’s coming': Did stern Texas flood warnings go unheeded, or unheard?
- NASA prepares to test supersonic spacecraft for Mars mission
- Can Harry Potter save the wasps?
- UN report: Number of hungry people down by 200 million since 1990
- US, Swiss timed FIFA raids for maximum effect
- Blatter skips 3rd appearance, stays out of public view
- THE LATEST: Blatter cancels speaking engagement in Zurich
- Former FIFA member Blazer's plea seems key to investigation
- Bush's busy role on corporate boards could become 2016 issue
- Study says girls seek sisterhood _ not just marriage _ in IS
- Floods in vulnerable Houston no surprise, despite controls
- Baltimore residents fearful amid rash of homicides
- Indians crowd rivers, shady trees as heat toll passes 1,400
- Warriors eliminate Rockets, end 40-year NBA Finals drought
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Relief From Painful Medical Debt
- 43 Ways to Earn More Interest and Dividends
- Is Aldi a Better Place to Shop Than Trader Joe's?
- 5 Ways Shoppers Can Save Without Looking Cheap
- Best Places to Invest Your Money Right Now
- What Happens to Money in Your Health Savings Account When You Die
- Retirees, Find Hospitals That Score High
- 4 Ways to Earn Up to 3% on Investment-Grade Corporate Bonds
- 6 Things You Must Know About Online Pricing
- 3 Things That Cost Women More