Today's Top Stories - July 27, 2016
Shooting Deaths of Police Up 78% This Year: 32 firearms-related deaths recorded as of July 20 account for nearly half of the 67 line-of-duty deaths reported by police agencies, with ambushes comprising 14 of the fatal shootings More
New Jersey: Anti-gun activists target range rentals A 24-year-old New Jersey law allowing for temporary transfers of firearms at gun ranges is under scrutiny following the latest in a string of suicides at New Jersey shooting ranges More
Pistol-Whipped and Stunned, This Courageous Great-Grandmother Would Not Accept Defeat More
Praise be unto Clinton ... Mothers of 3 Attempted Murderers Champion Clinton In Philly More
The Second Amendment is on the Ballot More
Pokemon Go Players Exchange Gunfire With Real Life Monsters More
The NRA Will Have a Mile High Presence at This Year’s RedState Gathering More
by Ira White - VNS columnist
I hope people realize that the reason the liberal political establishment wants open borders is twofold:
1. To flood the elective with millions of illegal immigrants, become their welfare champions, grant them citizenship and the vote, and secure 1-party Democrat predominance and power once and for all.
2. To prop up the ambitious agenda for an elite governmental alliance of nations that will consolidate their political position on a global scale, and assure there is a central hierarchy of non-sovereign leadership and laws to attain the necessary authority and economic control to rule the populations as they see fit.
They actually believe this will succeed to the betterment of mankind because they reject consideration of how God has designed human nature in all people including themselves. (Click Read More below for rest of article)
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
We have in our White House, in the Cesspool Land of Treason and Greed, an egomaniacal community organizer systematically destroying our American Republic, one Constitutional brick at a time.
Standing together in the Halls of Common and along the byways of Pennsylvania Avenue are the FBI, our CIA, NSA, the Pentagon, that Loretta Lynch heifer, and of course our beloved and trusted US Congress.
The Left worships at the feet of this Marxist Bozo while the Right steps ‘n fetches for those executive orders.
Mitch McConnell swoons whenever Obama enters a room. Then Harry Reid struts his stuff like a bantam rooster. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
We are acutely aware that our news is often anything but the truth or certainly not the whole story. But, we may be only vaguely aware that the history we are taught is far from being accurate.
Yet, as George Orwell put it many years ago, “The most effective way to destroy a people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” It stands to reason that it is the victors who write history. Another take would be quite different if written by the losers. And, the best source for accurate information would always be that which is written contemporaneously, but those are usually disposed of by the victors. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Our country is being run into the ground by turncoats, Marxists, pussies, crooks, and fools. Political Correctness is the order of the day. Homeland Security preaches that veterans, Christians, and conservatives are a greater threat than Radical Islam.
Barack Obama refuses to recognize Radical Islam. That’s because he’s a Muslim at heart if not in fact. Hillary Clinton is a witch. I hear that everywhere I go … so it must be true.
Why did James Comey refuse to call for Hillary’s indictment? Why did Senator Corker shepherd Obama’s Iranian nuclear deal through the Senate? Why doesn’t our Republican House stop runaway spending? Why is unemployment over 10%, but we’re told it’s less than five? Why hasn’t Obama been impeached? [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Throughout modern American society, there have been crucial foundations to personal security, stability, and social morality:
1. It has always started with the family providing the most intimate core for mutual relationships and welfare, guidance, encouragement and love between parents and children.
2. This was followed by the church to nurture spiritually-intimate faith and community, democratically represented through local education, government, and public policy.
3. Next are neighborhoods where the supportive civic, social, and charitable efforts of families and ministries are applied.(Click Read More below for rest of the story)
Dallas police had to follow orders to not wear protective gear because it "might appear to be confrontational". Police died.
Police everywhere are being subjected to orders from mayors, etc., to NOT stop looting/rioting, or to NOT apprehend protesters who break the law. They endure having things thrown at them while they stand looking powerless during protests.
Let your local police and sheriff's offices know that you appreciate them and their officers. And tell them we don't need federal intervention to keep the peace. We need to keep our community police local and independent.
Carrie Nunnally- - Newport News
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Strange how two days after last Monday's meeting in Bill Clinton's private jet, Loretta Lynch's DoJ attorneys file a petition with a federal judge asking him to declare a 27 month delay in disclosure of correspondence originating with Clinton Foundation employees with a PR organization that Bill Clinton helped found.
I don't call that coincidental. I call that blatant lawlessness.
We are so far away from the vision for the United States of America as set forth by our Founding Fathers that we need to start talking revolution, not November elections. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Bone Density Scan
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- Menopause: Not All Hot Flashes Are Created Equal
- Hormone Therapy Won't Help Memory After Menopause
- Monthly Vaginal Ring May Help Protect Against HIV
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- 1st HPV Test for Use With Preservative Fluid
- Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
- Reassessing the Annual Pelvic Exam
- Why refugees marched in Utah's Pioneer Day parade
- What Brexit says about the credibility of experts and evidence
- Sen. Tim Kaine speaks Spanish: Does that matter to Latino voters?
- Electing Hillary: toughest political challenge of Bill Clinton's life?
- The Maine attraction
- Clinton wins historic nomination – with a boost from Sanders
- In Poland, mixed feelings over Pope’s visit
- Experts: Obama’s color-coded rankings oversimplify cybersecurity threats
- Could the mass stabbing in Japan have been prevented?
- Can Green Party's Jill Stein win over Sanders supporters?
- From 'likable enough' to lovefest, Obama to hail Clinton
- Bill Clinton tells a love story to make his case for Hillary
- Obama returns to convention stage to make case for Clinton
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
- Witnesses say South Sudan soldiers raped dozens near UN camp
- Hostage: Attackers forced my husband to film slain priest
- Ships rescue 46 people from sinking boat off Alaska islands
- Washington scientist launches effort to digitize all fish
- Actor Roger Moore 'heartbroken' over death of stepdaughter
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA