Today's Top Stories - August 29, 2016
Google Censors ‘Hillary Clinton Health Problems’ Search Results: Popular search engine accused of running cover for presidential nominee - If you don't know it by now, GOOGLE is just another arm of the left-wing media. Use bing.com, more results, unbiased More
Libertarian VP Candidate William F. Weld Continues to be Anti-Gun As governor of Massachusetts, William Weld supported various gun control schemes, including a ban on semi-automatic firearms More
Injunction Sought Against Texas Campus Carry Denied by Judge In July, University of Texas at Austin professors Jennifer Lynn Glass, Lisa Moore, and Mia Carter filed suit in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton and UT officials to block the implementation of a recent change in Texas law that permits campus carry for those with a license in most portions of public university campuses More
Officer Derpy Sues Glock After Violating Every Rule Of Gun Safety And Shooting Himself More
BYE BYE BYE? “Active Shooter” Mall Panic Injures 9 At Joey Fatone Restaurant Opening More
Society’s Disconnect When it Comes to Gun Sense More
Making Your Rights Impossible to Exercise: Hillary Clinton’s Plan for Guns More
Massachusetts AG Renews Attack on Gun Owners Last week, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey added to the confusion caused by her decision to unilaterally ban common semi-automatic firearms by releasing a list of “Guns That Are Not Assault Weapons.” More
Couric’s Under the Gun, Under Fire Again Pseudo journalist Kaie Couric took a major credibility hit soon after her May antigun documentary was released, when it was revealed that the film incorporates footage intentionally manipulated and edited to show, incorrectly, that members of a Virginia-based gun rights group were dumbstruck upon being asked about background checks for gun purchases More
As Venezuelan Regime Loses Grip, Maduro Targets Guns Amid social and economic strife that threatens to topple the regime of Nicolas Maduro, the Venezuelan government is employing a favorite tactic of tyrants the world over, further gun control More
Celebrate Mississippi’s Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday a Week Earlier This Year! In 2014, the Mississippi Legislature created an annual tax break on firearms, ammunition, archery equipment and certain hunting supplies during the first full weekend of September. This year, state lawmakers passed House Bill 1687, moving the tax holiday to the last full weekend in August so that sportsmen can enjoy savings further in advance of going afield More
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
Freedom without authority is anarchy
Authority without freedom is tyranny
This is why we should have a republic
In the wake of numerous assaults, our hearts are heavy and our prayers are for the safety of our law enforcement officers, referred to as police in this article but also includes sheriffs and their deputies. There is a war on our police.
How could such a thing come about? What happened to the universal respect once held for those who risk their lives daily to be our protectors? The first time I saw the words “Police Brutality” was decades ago on a street in Chicago when I was given a copy of The Daily Worker , the communist newspaper of that day. I couldn’t believe what I was reading – a diatribe against police and cries of “Police Brutality.” But, then I dismissed it. The American people will never fall for that, I thought. How wrong I was!
Over time, the words “police brutality” would resonate throughout the nation and become the rallying cry of the street mobs that burned and pillaged during the 1970’s. But, because of the exposure of the designs of the promoters of the mayhem, the Civil Rights Movement (more accurately termed Civil Riots) was put on the back burner.
Now, once again, police are being targeted. Protesters, among those demonstrating in the streets and shouting “Black Lives Matter,” wave the communist hammer and cycle flag, give the communist clenched fist salute and chant for killing the police. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
By Victoria (Vicky) Manning
Candidate for Virginia Beach School Board
Almost two years ago, I discovered radical changes to the grading practices in Va Beach secondary schools. Teachers were being told not to give zeros for work not turned in, not to deduct points for work turned in late and test retakes were being encouraged.
Homework also could not be a factor in the grade. When I first approached the school board about my concerns, they were not aware this was taking place and my concerns seemed to be dismissed. I continued pushing back against these practices that lowered standards, removed accountability, and created more work for our teachers.
After a year of forums, surveys, and committee meetings, the Superintendent’s office put forth more radical recommendations which included removing the percentage grading scale. I continued to press the Board and rallied the community to have their voice heard.
New guidelines were recently presented at a workshop on Aug 3. These recommendations do allow for homework completion to be a factor of the grade—up to 10%. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
IF … that coalition of blacks, Latinos, feminists, gays, government workers, union members, environmental extremists, a partisan media, Hollywood, uninformed young people, the “forever needy,” the chronically unemployed, illegal aliens, and other “bonehead losers” vote for Hillary Clinton … Norman Rockwell’s American portrait is kaput!
Our Constitution will be replaced by Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.” The DNC progressives and those RNC RINOS, along with George Soros and his communist pals, will be pulling the strings on their White House puppet. The curtain will go up on a New World Order. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
We have in our White House, in the Cesspool Land of Treason and Greed, an egomaniacal community organizer systematically destroying our American Republic, one Constitutional brick at a time.
Standing together in the Halls of Common and along the byways of Pennsylvania Avenue are the FBI, our CIA, NSA, the Pentagon, that Loretta Lynch heifer, and of course our beloved and trusted US Congress.
The Left worships at the feet of this Marxist Bozo while the Right steps ‘n fetches for those executive orders.
Mitch McConnell swoons whenever Obama enters a room. Then Harry Reid struts his stuff like a bantam rooster. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by Michael Thompson - President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
Special to Virginia News Source
One of the issues that continues to confront our nation is what to do about those illegal residents living in our communities now and how to reform the entire immigration and naturalization system. A few ideas toward that end are outlined herein.
First, we have to secure our borders. Whatever Congress decides, it is clear that our borders need to be more secure. That's step one to bringing a solution to our immigration problem in this country.
Second is terminology. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - VNS columnist
I hope people realize that the reason the liberal political establishment wants open borders is twofold:
1. To flood the elective with millions of illegal immigrants, become their welfare champions, grant them citizenship and the vote, and secure 1-party Democrat predominance and power once and for all.
2. To prop up the ambitious agenda for an elite governmental alliance of nations that will consolidate their political position on a global scale, and assure there is a central hierarchy of non-sovereign leadership and laws to attain the necessary authority and economic control to rule the populations as they see fit.
They actually believe this will succeed to the betterment of mankind because they reject consideration of how God has designed human nature in all people including themselves. (Click Read More below for rest of article)
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Throughout modern American society, there have been crucial foundations to personal security, stability, and social morality:
1. It has always started with the family providing the most intimate core for mutual relationships and welfare, guidance, encouragement and love between parents and children.
2. This was followed by the church to nurture spiritually-intimate faith and community, democratically represented through local education, government, and public policy.
3. Next are neighborhoods where the supportive civic, social, and charitable efforts of families and ministries are applied.(Click Read More below for rest of the story)
- Stress May Take Greatest Toll on Younger Women's Hearts: Study
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Laparoscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Is Compromise More Likely When Women Are Part of the Decision?
- Child Abuse May Shorten Some Women's Lives
- Endometrial Ablation
- Injected Drug May Help Fight Osteoporosis in Women
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Time to harvest and weed? Crop mobs can help.
- How big a military threat is Russia, really?
- The refugee milestone Obama doesn't want to talk about
- Is Colin Kaepernick the new face of American patriotism?
- What do adult students want from college?
- Coca-Cola says it now replenishes all the water it uses
- Southerners are happy with their salaries, survey finds
- New Sandy Hook School opens on site of Newtown shooting
- Europe’s post-Brexit identity search
- Speaking Politics phrase of the week: 'Party of Lincoln'
- Suddenly unsure on immigration, Trump trying to clear it up
- 2 slain nuns remembered for helping the needy
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Clinton proposes plan to address mental health treatment
- Reid asks FBI to probe threat of Russian election tampering
- Airport scare hard to avoid with cascade of false reports
- Kaepernick's decision to sit through anthem scrutinized
- Brazil's president proclaims innocence at impeachment trial
- Actor Gene Wilder, star of Mel Brooks movies, dies at 83
- Clinton aide Abedin dumps husband Weiner over new scandal
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA