Today's Top Stories - December 19, 2014
In Chiraq the fun never ends … Three people were killed and at least 13 others were wounded in shootings on Wednesday More
GUNS! PBS poll of 100,000 people found that 95% said, “NO” when asked “Would you support more restrictions on guns in your state?” More
WETBACK UPDATE …
Despite Job Growth, Native Employment Still Below 2007; All net employment growth went to immigrants More
SECRET SERVICE … A BUREAUCRATIC BOONDOOGLE IN CHAOS …
Panel: Secret Service ‘starved for leadership:’ An independent review recommended deep changes at the agency, including heightened security and a higher fence around the White House More
GOVT. RUN AMOK …
Study canceled after $1.3B spent and no results; The National Institutes of Health's project, which was supposed to track 100,000 kids from before they were born through adolescence, was canceled last week after burning through $1.3 billion, the Bloomberg news agency reported More
Billions in Taxpayer Funded Loans Going to Companies that Serve the Rich More
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery, Maine hiring 715 workers to deal with an increase in work as the Navy aims to reduce maintenance delays, particularly on nuclear submarines, officials say More
Thank you for your cartoon on the antipope Bergoglio.
Nevertheless, I do wish you would explain to your readers why this man is a fraud and a usurper and cannot be a Catholic pope.
1) to be a Catholic pope, a man must be a Catholic in good standing. A Catholic is a baptized Christian who believes in all of the teachings of the Catholic Church, which Mr. Bergoglio does not.
For example, he just fired one of his own Swiss Guards because the man is against the sin of Sodom.
To be a Catholic pope, a man must be ordained as a Catholic priest.
Black America - 2012 FBI Report:
That’s right. There is racism.
Today’s Democrats are the most corrupt, dishonest, race-baiting gang of parasites since Congressman Robert Byrd and his Democrats led a 57 day filibuster against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Before 1960 most black families were cohesive, hard-working, and sent their children to school. Since the 1960s, congressional Democrats and Welfare have wrecked the black family structure in America.
Democrats declare themselves the party of Compassion, a pious claim as if other parties and perspectives are comprised of heartless non-humans. In reality, there are two types of compassion.
One compassion feels unease at others' suffering, and a motivation to address that suffering because it makes them feel better and alleviates their distress. But that doesn't guarantee their efforts will relieve the suffering of others, but may only succeed in relieving theirs.
In the case of government welfare, the justification of policies and programs that have resulted in worsening conditions leads to indifference about the failures and consequences. It doesn't matter as long as the "empathizers" are scoring compassion points to prove their intent.
Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to confirm or deny he’s used the word “NIGGER” in private conversations) Sessoms is lawyered up for representation against charges of criminal conflict of interest for voting on issues before the City Council benefiting people or companies to whom he’d loaned $140 MILLION in his other role as a president of Towne Bank Financial services.
Seems like conflict of interest is breaking out all over because Towne Bank has no ethics policy governing employees engaging in potential criminal activity through political influence.
Go To Bank Directors for list of bought off public officials to see all the prominent people and elected officials the bank has bought with board positions.
Lynchburg Commonwealth’s Atty. Michael R. Doucette had to be appointed special prosecutor because Virginia Beach Commonwealth’s Atty. Colin Stolle has a conflict of interest -- his wife works for the bank and his brother Beach Sheriff Ken Stolle is on Towne Bank’s board. Doucette is charged with investigating the charges against Sessoms and taking whatever legal action is needed.
Several people have asked the Federal Bureau of Investigation to open a government corruption investigation into Sessoms actions and any potential conspiracies that might be discovered.
Unless the Feds use the RICO - racketeering law — and discover active conspiracies and other criminal violations - the conflict of interest charges against Sessoms are only misdemeanors. A finding of guilt could force his removal as mayor.
Sessoms was placed on paid leave from his bank position by Towne and he resigned from 3 of the company’s boards, as did Norfolk Mayor Paul Fraim and Suffolk Mayor Linda Johnson. City councilman John Moss Tuesday gave Sessoms a letter asking him to step down as mayor until the investigation of the criminal charges is concluded. Sessoms refused, hanging on and causing himself and Towne Bank more negative public relations grief.Somebody should start cutting their losses.
VNS emailed Sessoms @ 9:35 a.m. Wednesday asking about lawyering up. He refused to respond, but other news sources reported he’d hired a team of criminal defense attorneys. They are Norfolk lawyers Lyn Swartz and son, Jeff.
The Norfolk lawyers will be joined by former Beach Councilman Billy Harrison of Williams Mullen. Harrison also has a checkered past.
Harrison is also on two Towne Bank Boards - financial services, headed by Sessoms, and the Virginia Beach Division of Towne Bank. Harrison gave Sessoms’ campaign $5,450 and his law firm kicked in another $13,000 (See Campaign Contributions:
Harrison was a City Councilman and voted "yes" to include TowneBank as a City Depository on December 7, 1999 but it isn’t known if he had any specific involvement/conflict (shareholder?) with the bank at that time.
Two weeks earlier, on November 23rd, he had abstained from voting on the ordinance that created the Town Center TIF ( tax increment financing plot) reason for abstention is unknown, but his law firm, Williams Mullen, is now an influential tenant, located in one of the office buildings that was built in the Town Center with TIF funding.
Do all these connections between politicians and Towne Bank indicate it is corrupt and without ethics? We report, you decide.
By John P. Kuchta Jr.
VNS Columnist, Blogger
If you were lIke me the Tuesday morning after the Monday night announcement of the MO Grand Jury verdIct In Ferguson, MO, you were flabbergasted at the scenes beIng shown on TV and on the Internet. See News Link: http://www.ktrs.com/attorney-jay-kanzler-says-polIce-dIdnt-protect-ferguson-propertIes-as-promIsed/
At least 12 buIldIngs were burned and looted on the Monday night after the prosecutor announced that the Grand Jury could not fInd reason to indict and prosecute OffIcer Darren WIlson for the death of MIchael Brown. I rubbed my eyes on Tuesday morning because I couldn't belIeve what had just happened In the streets In Ferguson on Monday night. (I go to bed early!)
How In the hell do the local, state and federal governments have 90 days to prepare for what they knew was goIng to be a rIot and still have no plan to thwart the rioters? Read on.....
Lock ’n Load … read rest of the column: http://www.virginianewssource.com/jpk/ on click the button [Read More] below:
What If …
What if Congress calls an Article V convention to amend our U. S. Constitution?
Since it is within Congress’s authority to decide how the delegates are chosen, what if they select themselves, like John Boehner or Nancy Pelosi, or as the Assembly of States advocates, a bipartisan group.
What if they let the states chose the delegates, the number to be determined by the electoral college system giving California 55 delegates to Virginia’s 13. And, who would be chosen from Virginia – Speaker Howell or Governor McAuliffe and whom they appoint, legislators who are just as guilty of overreach as those at the federal level?
What if the convention meets and delegates don’t like a proposal? Then the chair says, all in favor say Aye, opposed NO, the Ayes have it. Next.
What if the convention changes the rules for ratification, and make the number of states needed to ratify only half of the states, or none?
What if the convention gives us a constitution that gives us rights instead of protecting our God-given inherent rights? Any government that gives rights can take them away.
What if there is a good result from the convention? Will legislators who fail to honor their oath of office mysteriously overnight choose to do so?
What if the convention becomes a runaway, where anything could result? What then?
Sue Long - North, VA
We all know about Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to confirm or deny he’s used the word “NIGGER” in private conversations) Sessoms being up to his shiny bald head in conflict of interest charges from a Virginian-Pilot investigation.
Yea, boy! You want a zoning approval, come see ole Will at Towne Bank. He's got yo money to loan and he’ll even vote (and get his council minions to do likewise) favorably on your zoning/building application(s).
Ole Will boy, he gots the power to make your projects happen, just come down to his Towne Bank office and git yoself some money, money, money real money !
But you wanna see who else Towne Bank has bought off through directorships at the bank?
What about Del.Chris Jones? What about Aubrey Layne Jr., secretary of transportation? What about Portsmouth Sen. Louise Lucas? Del. Ron Villaneuva? Yep he’s on there. VB Sheriff Stolle, VB Circuit Court Clerk Tina Sinnen, State Sen. Tommy Norment? Yep. They all at the bank’s beck and call. Click here for a complete listing.
Remember these represent just Towne Bank: What about the other dirtbag financial institutions? Public officials are already jumping ship from Chesapeake-based Monarch Bank. Just remember who your public officials really represent when you try to get their attention or help ….
- Will Mayor Sessoms' Allegations of Conflict of Interest charges affect his bank's merger plans?
- James O'Keefe III - trying to protect your liberty: Get to know him
- Will Towne Bank dump beach mayor to save merger deal?
- The country needs a leader, not a whiner
- The Hoax of Homosexuality ...
- Destroying America with the New World Order: 2014 Elections
Quote OF THE DAY
SEX IN THE SHOWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In a recent survey carried out for the leading toiletries firm 'Brut', people from Chicago have proved to be the most likely to have had sex in the shower!
In the survey, 86% of Chicago's inner city residents (almost all of whom are registered Democrats) say that they have enjoyed sex in the shower.
The other 14% said they hadn't been to prison yet.
Sort of brings tears to your eyes!!!!
- Timing of First Period Tied to Women's Later Heart Risk: Study
- Full Bladder May Get a Third of Women Over 40 Up at Night
- Picture of Uterine Fibroids
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Women Can Outperform Men in Financial Negotiations, Study Shows
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Mammograms for 40-Somethings Supported by New Study
- Weight Control After Pregnancy
- Urinary Incontinence: More Common Than You Think
- Did North Korea just blink over Sony's 'The Interview' hack? (+video)
- NYC crime falls but concern about police tactics rises
- What do Florida politics have to do with US-Cuba policy? Less and less.
- Mars tech: from ion thrusters to laser communications
- Can NASA's Orion program reinvigorate human spaceflight? (+video)
- Kurdish fighters make gains against Islamic State in Kobani
- Why Lindsay Vonn still wants to race men
- How immigrants may qualify to stay under Obama 'amnesty'
- Why the US released four Afghans from Guantanamo Bay (+video)
- Sony hack becomes four-way war of words (+video)
- AP sources: Cops' killer angry at chokehold death
- Sony saga blends foreign intrigue, star wattage
- North Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking
- A chance to breach divide for young in Cuba and US
- Raul Castro: Don't expect detente to change Cuban system
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris go?
- Panama's Noriega in prison 25 years post-invasion
- Australian woman charged with murder of 8 children
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized with pneumonia
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- December 16, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- December 4, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- November 24, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- Why I'm Sticking With Acacia Research's Stock
- Starting a Roth IRA for a Grandchild
- 5 Great Tech Funds Without Loads
- Top Affordable Vacation Destinations for 2015
- 25 Best College Values in the Midwest, 2015
- 17 Stocks for Playing the Consumer Revival
- 25 Best College Values in the Mid-Atlantic, 2015
- Eased Relations With Cuba Will Help U.S. Businesses, Cigar Lovers
- 6 Ways to Fix Social Security
- Why Social Security Isn't Going Away
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections