Today's Top Stories - October 30, 2014
FOLLOW THE MONEY TO THE POLLS: if you want to vote for the right person. Read follow-the-money analysis about your city by Beth Allen More
WHERE TO VOTE … GET TO THE POLLS: Enter your registered voting address and and your polling place will be provided to you More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To 71 YO Dallas man who shoots, kills man attacking his wife in parking lot More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To 82 YO Mississippi man who shot a female who with her boyfriend tried to get in his home to rob him by pretending to deliver meals More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To > Elderly TX homeowner who blasted 2 would be robbers with a 20-gauge shotgun as they attempted to break in his home: Both woman, one 17 YO and the other 20 YO - hit both in the torsos More
GUNS! PA Governor signs pro-gun legislation into law More
WETBACK/ALIEN UPDATE …
Coast Guard: Migrant Crossings in Fla. Straits At 5-Year High in fiscal year 2014, migrant crossings hit the highest number in five years More
Immigration Politics: Where Facts and Commonsense Are Ignored: The deceptive tactics the Left uses to undermine U.S. border security More
OBAMA’S EBOLA … INFECTING AMERICA …
Soldier or Civilian, Ebola Protocols Not the Same: Yet, for certain, the Ebola virus doesn't know whether it's infecting a civilian or a soldier - OR maybe it's a new strain. We could call it Obola More
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Czar: The nation waits for Ebola Czar Ron Klain to fix Obama's Ebola policy - COMMENTARY More
The United States will face a greater threat from Ebola this winter as the epidemic in West Africa slowly turns into a potential worldwide pandemic and leads to outbreaks in cities across the country, according to a noted medical analyst More
California announced new quarantine guidelines for people arriving in the western state deemed to pose a risk of spreading Ebola More
Two top Republicans say there's little chance Obamacare will be repealed over the next two years, an assertion that has rattled some conservatives More
Drugs For The dearly departed: Medicare Bought Meds For Dead People: Just trying to keep them healthy so the Democrats can have them vote in the election Tuesday More
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
“If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. You can keep your doctor, period. Not even a smidgeon of corruption. Don’t let anybody tell you that its corporations and businesses that create jobs.” ~ Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Philosopher Karl Popper believed in open society, open borders, and no religion.
Columbia professors Cloward and Piven believed in overloading the welfare system to create a crisis which would lead to a national annual income, and the end of poverty.
Saul Alinsky believed in destroying Capitalism from within by joining the political system, moving up then forcing a welfare state.
So far Christian pastors, photographers, bakers and others have been sued by homosexuals for not servicing their same-sex marriages despite association with such practices being against their biblical and moral conscience, and despite the fact that the homosexuals could have gone anywhere.
It is a maligned and intentional move that can't be overlooked any longer. Here's the truth behind their documented agenda.
In 1986, a Supreme Court decision upheld states' rights to prohibit sodomy. A pro-sodomy strategy was then devised by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, authors of a groundbreaking article "The Gay Agenda".
They realized the only way to forward their plan was to shift it from a sodomy issue to a sexual-identity issue, advocating for a minority group of "gay" citizens who were victims of civil rights abuse. Based on the Civil Rights Act, gays had to meet three criteria:
1) suffered discrimination
2) powerless to help themselves
3) BORN that way. (The latter had never been a common conviction of homosexuality.)
by Beth Allen
[Editor’s note: I’m attaching a quick, incomplete and rough analysis of the campaign contributions generated by the Sessoms/Townebank cartel. I've dropped all the VPAP numbers into my spreadsheets. There are lots of numbers here, and it may put you to sleep and you may think you already know all of this anyway. But, it is still pretty riveting to see it all before you. And this is not complete, just the tip of the iceberg…]
NOVEMBER 4 ELECTIONS INFLUENCED BY MONEY …
The 2014 campaign for election to City Council provides an opportunity to observe the influence that Mayor Sessoms and TowneBank have over the selection of candidates and the ultimate outcome of the elections. Fewer than 100 people are exerting considerable influence over the outcome of City Council elections in Virginia Beach. All data is sourced from: www.vpap.org.
Local Election Background
Seven out of 11 City Council seats are up for re-election: five district seats and two at-large seats. Incumbents in three of the seven seats are running unopposed: John Uhrin – Beach District; Louis Jones – Bayside District; Jim Wood – Lynnhaven District. They will win.
The four remaining seats, all defended by incumbents, are the Princess Anne District, the Rose Hall District, and two at-large seats. Barbara Henley, the incumbent for Princess Anne, faces a single opponent who has raised just $1,200 to Henley’s $28,296. Henley is popular in her district and will easily win.
Click here to Read rest of the financial bribery story:
My two cents: The Virginian "Pile-it" has lost more subscribers and has just within the week, made more personnel cutbacks and wonders why. Maybe it's because of who they are endorsing as candidates in Virginia Beach's council races. Of course all their picks endorse Light Rail all the way, no matter what the costs.....to the paper's detriment and apparent demise, I'd say. How's that workin' out?
I liken the Light Rail referendum in 2012 to asking "Who wants ice cream?" The word reasonable was in the question but nowhere to be found in the pursuit of this project. The public voted on Who wants Light Rail without the actual costs in the referendum question. So it's like Who wants Ice Cream?.....oh, but after the fact we find out it is going to cost thousand$$$ a scoop....and you're going to get two scoops.
As the November election approaches, remember one thing: The candidate with the greatest amount of campaign contributions is using special interest cash to fund advertising to cover the fact they are incompetent … unworthy of election.
Campaign cash is merely a bribe by well-heeled developers and businessmen to ‘BUY’ elections for candidates who’ll support their wishes and agendas once elected.
There is no way that highly financed campaigns can be justified by candidates for jobs that pay less than $30,000 a year unless it represents a 'legal' bribe or payoff.
So what’s the motive? Screwing the public. Setting up the future to line their own pockets at the expense of the taxpayers. See story, TIP OF THE ICEBERG, below for an analysis of the campaign’s funding for this elections' incompetents.
Here are the VNS Picks
Senate: Ed Gillespie
2nd District Congress: Scott Rigell
Virginia Beach City Council:
(2 seats) At large: Incumbent John D. Moss; newcomer George Furman III
(1 seat) Bayside: Incumbent Louis R. Jones, unopposed
(1 seat) Beach: No recommendation: Write in your own favorite video pornographer
(1 seat) Lynnhaven: Incumbent James L. (Jim) Wood
(1 seat) Princess Anne: Newcomer Pieri E. Burton
(1 seat) Rose Hall: Newcomer, Beatrice R. (Petey) Browder
(2 seats) At large: Incumbent Dorothy M. “Dottie” Holtz; newcomer, Robert N. “Bobby” Melatti
(1 seat) Bayside: Incumbent Carolyn D. Weems
(1seat ) Beach: Incumbent Samuel G. (Sam) Reid
(1 seat) Lynnhaven: Newcomer Carolyn T. Rye
(1) Princess Anne: Newcomer Kimberly A. Melnyk
We all have our weaknesses or vices, but we aren't privileged to justify them. They are not our birthright.
Though some are revealed impetuously, others result because we choose to act on them. Even Jesus' apostles made the distinction by reiterating those acts of choice: Matthew 15:19, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:10
The list is all conscious and consequential conduct. We may have innate temptations to some choices – even be prone to addictions or lusts that need help and support – but not a license to condone or endorse them.
Don't be deceived by social activism and insensitivities, for we inherently know better. It is self-serving disinformation that is drowning out moral honesty.
And who needs to know this? YOUTH -- immature children and young people who are being wrongly confused about sexuality ... between what is conspicuously natural and what is being redefined as natural ... by media, education, and politics seeking to compel kids that LGBT is "who they are", rewriting morality within minors.
Ira White - Portsmouth
RICHMOND, VA –As fuels and technology become more accessible and cheaper, the forces of government and corporations are moving to increase your energy costs.
Virginians should also file letters asking for support from their U.S. representatives and Senators.
Quote OF THE DAY
"One of the curious aspects of the Tea Party’s emergence during the past four years is the extent to which the mainstream media have fostered the idea that this political phenomenon represents a kind of radicalism. Certainly, some politicians of the so-called Tea Party have tossed out ideas and expressions that have been silly and warped. Does that mean, though, that the Tea Party, as a broad political movement, is radical?
"The answer is no. The Tea Party is a reactive movement, aimed at protecting the political mainstream from radical ideas, initiatives and policies of the left. Indeed, a review of American politics over, say, the last 50 years reveals that, to the extent America has been grappling with radicalism, it has been coming from the left. Then, as these ideas have gained traction through the agitations of the country’s liberal establishment, that establishment promptly labels those who resist as radicals."
~ Robert W. Merry, Political Editor, The National Interest
- mifepristone, Mifeprex
- Women Less Likely to Get Kidney Dialysis Than Men, Study Finds
- terconazole, Terazol, Zazole
- Why Aren't There Sex Drugs for Women?
- Urinary Prosthetic Device for Women Approved
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Health Tip: Wearing High Heels
- Microsoft to release a new version of Office for Macs
- Did Mary Landrieu just insult the entire South? Actually, kinda.
- Is bagging an asteroid the best way to get to Mars?
- Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo crashes in desert. Here's what we know. (+video)
- How a guerilla artist is transforming Chicago's potholes
- 10 best books of November, according to Amazon
- Will a satanic coloring book be distributed to Florida school children?
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1' trailer shows a lot of action
- Ebola quarantine: why judge sided with nurse Kaci Hickox
- New evidence points to how and when our solar system got water
- Spacecraft for tourists explodes on test flight
- Judge rejects attempt to isolate nurse
- Ashes from Ebola victim's apartment in limbo
- Early votes exceed 15 million _ but who benefits?
- Mexico police questioned in killing of 3 Americans
- Analysis: In Syria, no good options for West
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Military sex survey draws complaints
- 2 arrested as people flock to Hawaii lava
- After murder suspect is caught, a sigh of relief
- Gas falling under $3 nationwide: What to know
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Don't Fall for This Walmart Mystery Shopper Scam
- Secrets of the Millionaire Next Door
- States Are Lowering Their Estate Taxes to Lure Retirees
- 6 Dividend Stocks With Above-Average Yields
- Best Cruises, Airlines, and Booking Sites for Your Travel Dollar
- Turn Your House Into a Rental Property
- 8 Stocks to Sell Now to Harvest the Tax Loss
- 5 Underperforming S&P Stocks to Buy Now
- Dodge Annoying Overdraft Fees
- 8 Telecom Stocks With Big Dividend Yields
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections