Today's Top Stories - June 24, 2016
Marshals: Innocent People Placed On 'Watch List' To Meet Quota You could be on a secret government database or watch list for simply taking a picture on an airplane More
Hillary Clinton meets with House Dems hours before sit-in; organizer is a key Clinton ally There’s no denying it, earlier on Wednesday rival Donald Trump took direct aim at Mrs. Clinton, detailing her cronyism — from donations made to the Clinton Foundation while she served as secretary of state to her and her husband’s million-dollar paid speeches to Wall Street More
Gun safety advocates lobby firearm loan bill On the heels of the country’s deadliest shooting, gun safety advocates will swarm the Capitol today to lobby lawmakers for tougher gun loan restrictions More
Q1 would put more gun restrictions on law-abiding Nevadans As sheriff of Washoe County, I am committed to doing everything in my power to protect your families, your property and your community. I am equally committed to protecting your rights and freedoms as citizens of Nevada and the United States. One of my fundamental principles and promises to the citizens of this county is not to support any legislation that would infringe upon or restrict our Second Amendment rights More
Rangel: No Guns For Law-Abiding Constituents But I ‘Deserve–Need’ Police Protection More
Peninsula courts haven't seen an uptick in felon gun rights restoration requests There have been more phone calls seeking information in the last two months, but actual requests could be counted on one hand, even in the area's largest jurisdictions More
7 Facts About Gun Control That Democrats Will NEVER Admit More
CNN Host Costello Crushed by Facts on Gun Violence During a June 23 appearance on CNN, Gun Owners of America’s Erich Pratt shut down host Carol Costello’s gun violence inquisition by reminding her that she had omitted defensive gun uses More
I’m just sayin’.
The news reports Wednesday showed House Democrats staging a sit-in to try to advance their idiotic grandstanding on gun control.
If you watched closely,they looked like a bunch of fat-assed seals as they tried to get down on the floor of the house. One ole woman hikeed her dress up mid-fat thigh high and leader of the group GA Rep. John Lewis looked like a bloated gray-back gorilla clumsily trying to flop down.
Others stood around looking like frogs in a hail-storm batting their eyes, trying to figure out how they were going to join the others in a pile of mutant humanity on the floor.
The display made presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump’s case that Washington is ‘BROKE,’ self-centered, juvenile, useless - - politically inept and pathetic. It was a pathetic show of political stupidity. God bless the stupid bastards.
If they represent the best the Democrat leadership has to offer in Congress, we’re in real trouble. Vote all incumbents out of office. They’re sick people.
By Catherine Crabill
Special columnist - VNS
Islam is a cancer. It's the enemy of all mankind. Its creed, its name, “Islam”, means “DOMINATION”.
It’s NOT a religion as much as an ideology, a cult, a force of Evil. If one argues that it is a religion, than it is a worship of Satan himself.
How is it Americans continue to believe or accept the propaganda that this death cult is a “religion of peace” when the overwhelming evidence proclaims the exact opposite? [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
VNS Endorses Scott Taylor for 2nd District Congressman
Scott Taylor is the only choice for second district representative in Tuesday's election.
VNS’ endorsement is based on the fact that 4th District Congressional Rep. Randy Forbes is a Chesapeake-based carpetbagger lumped by the courts into a heavily black district and out of the safety of his longtime which district. He is jumping from a district he is represented for years, maybe we should just say he was elected in the 4th District, but only provided little representation to his constituents.
2nd District Rep. Scott Rigell unexpectedly announced he was stepping down from that seat. That gave Rep. Forbes the opportunity he was looking for to jump districts, hopefully be reelected in the 2nd district, and continue his “do nothing” congressional career.
In other words he showed no loyalty and abandoned his integrity to constituents in his old 4th to try to assure his reelection. His only goal is to remain elected.
His entire campaign has been about running down Scott Taylor, a X-Navy SEAL with a distinguished patriotic record serving the U.S.
Its doubtful if Forbes on the other hand, has even worn a Boy Scout uniform, but in his slimy campaign ads, he touts his father’s ‘great’ service during WWII.
Voters of the 2nd district should retire his pubic service June 14 and elect a real American public servant, Scott Taylor to Congress. We don’t need any more ‘do-nothing’ service from a RINO and establishment DC politician. VOTE TUESDAY!
By Ira White
40 years ago, people would have said abortion providers will never be killing live births and selling baby parts for profit.
30 years ago, they would have said there will never be a national re-definition of the marriage sacrament for same-sex couples.
20 years ago, they would have said businesses will never be sued and shut down for not wanting to provide abortion insurance or make a "gay" cake.
10 years ago, they would have said a biological male will never be allowed to use a girls' public bathroom or shower because he "feels" like a female.(Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by the Virginia Civil Defense League
Special report on attempts to disarm America
It’s now time to for us to look at the Orlando Massacre and to examine the child-like level of hysteria in the media.
THE GUN CONTROLLER’S BLOOD DANCE IS UNDERWAY
The media, politicians, and gun controllers are once again happily dancing in the blood of innocent Americans, as this, they feel, is their best chance to push gun control since the Sandy Hook massacre.
They pulled out their current wish list for gun control and dusted it off: banning AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles, magazine-size limitations, using the “Terror Watchlist” or some other federal bureaucrat generated list to deny the ability to purchase a firearm indefinitely, Universal Background Checks, confiscations, complete gun bans, and more.
What I have watched is an absolute feeding frenzy in the media, so intense that they’ve dropped all pretenses that gun-confiscation is not the end goal for them. While it’s refreshing to at least hear the truth from the gun grabbers for a change, it reminds us that WE are in a war to protect our gun rights and in fact ALL of our liberties in the Bill of Rights which are now threatened.
POINTING A FINGER IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION REQUIRES GUTS THE MEDIA AND MANY POLITICIANS DON'T HAVE
In the eyes of media and many politicians, ISIS and other terrorist groups aren’t the problem. The actual murderer is not the problem. YOU AND I are the problem. And the best tool for self-defense that was ever created is the problem, too. <eye roll> See:
Why blame gun owners and guns for the massacre? Simple. The media fears that, unlike peaceful American gun owners, ISIS might target them if the media points the finger in the direction of the real problem. So cowering behind their keyboards, the media goes after softer targets that pose no threat of a vicious retaliation.
Click Here to read rest of the story
I hate to bring this up, but Ramadan begins on Monday, June 6, 2016 and ends on Tuesday, July 5, 2016.
You can anticipate a bloom of Muslim jihad attacks, both in the USA and Europe on "soft targets." That will include malls, beaches, schools in session and, yes, government offices.
Oh, I'm not conjuring-up this advice. ISIS told us that they were going to raise hell during Ramadan!
John P. Kuchta, Jr.
By Robert K. Dean
Special to VNS
And these are the numbers that we should never forget:
World War I - United States forces mobilized: 4,355,000 Battle deaths 50,585
Total allies mobilized: 42,188,810
Total allies battle deaths: 4,888,891
Total force mobilized: 65,038,810
Total battle deaths: 8,020,780
World War II - United States battle deaths: 292,000
Total allies battle deaths: 10,502,000
United States civilian deaths: 6,000
Total allies civilian deaths: 16,471,000
In addition, about 6,000,000 Jews were put to death by the nazis (Click Read More below for rest of story)
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Many Male Docs May Overlook Female Heart Risks: Study
- Vaginal Bleeding
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Base Quit-Smoking Day on Menstrual Cycle?
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Hoping to lure tourists, Los Angeles skyscraper installs a slide
- Hawaii steps into gun control fray, joining state-by-state approach
- Why you shouldn't use a credit card to buy a house
- How quickly should Britain divorce from the European Union?
- How cat pictures gave Whitey Bulger's victims some restitution
- 9 fascinating new sports books
- 'We are Orlando!' signs dot gay pride parades amid increased security
- How Rhode Island’s governor aims to rebuild the state’s economy
- Federal disaster declaration helps bring flood aid to West Virginia
- A universal basic income? Right debate, wrong answer
- British political turmoil deepens after EU referendum
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- British expatriates fear for their future after UK vote
- For Trump and Brexit voters, echoes of the same frustrations
- Fallujah fully liberated from IS group, Iraqi commander says
- Rainbow flags, images of shooting victims at pride parades
- Pope: Gays and others marginalized deserve an apology
- Argentina's 'stolen babies' seek truth, face ghosts
- Owners of AR-style firearms defend their weapon of choice
- Oregon refuge takeover is over, but aftershocks remain
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Volatile Oil Prices to Head Lower
- Great Foreign Stocks That Pay Big Dividends
- Nail Your Home's Curb Appeal
- Why I'm Growing Cautious About the Markets
- 4 High-Paying Medical Jobs You Don't Need an MD for
- What Brexit Means for U.S. Investors
- Impact of the Brexit Vote: Scary But Mixed
- Help Wanted in America: Skilled Workers
- Taking Your First Required Minimum Distribution
- How to Super-Fund a Roth IRA