Today's Top Stories - August 29, 2014
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To residents of the TX border town of McAllen who shot and killed burglar to broke into home More
GUNS! WaPo Analysis: Minors Can Possess Long Guns in 30 States Federal laws bar anyone under 18 from owning a handgun, but no minimum age exists for possessing a long gun, an analysis by The Washington Post shows More
Civil Liberties: California lawmakers vote to require warrants for spy drones out on surveillance missions, a move aimed at reining in what one lawmaker described as a true threat to individual privacy More
ADIOS GOD! Civil Liberties run Amok! Florida school district boots chaplains from football teams, bans Bible verses; An atheist group has successfully pressured a school district in Florida to quit allowing local ministers to provide pregame and post-game prayers for football players More
NO TO GOD, YES TO ALLAH … Tucson School Allows Islamic Prayers: In a room off the library at Desert View High School, four to six Muslim students pray during every school day for about 10 minutes More
WHAT PROBLEM(S) WE AIN’T GOT NO STINKIN’ PROBLEMS!
Obama Has NO ISIS STRATEGY And He's Sticking To It: Maybe a little less golf and a little more work would help More
Remilitarize the World Police...The First Step in Reestablishing a Credible Deterrent: Our ability to discourage and respond to aggression - is gone - thrown away. First, President Obama cut defense massively, constraining the Pentagon and hollowing out the force. He was helped not only by Democrats in Congress but also by Republicans, who agreed to the budget sequester in 2011. But spending cuts are just part of the problem. In the past, America has cut defense without eliminating our deterrent. What’s different? Presidential incompetence - COMMENTARY More
FBI National Domestic Threat Assessment Omits Islamist Terrorism: Report labels white supremacists, black separatists, militias, abortion extremists main domestic extremists, but makes no reference to Islamist terror threats, despite last year’s Boston Marathon bombing and the 2009 Fort Hood shooting—both carried out by radical Muslim Americans More
No Strategy? It's Back To Fundraising For Obama More
Obama allows Mexican Army to come in & fire on U.S. Citizens: Mexican soldiers have been creeping over the border for a number of years, and over the past 18 years have crossed our border more than 300 times they’ve gone so far as to open fire on U.S. citizens in the process More
Jimmy Carter to headline raghead terrorist fundraising convention for Hamas front group More
Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Wednesday that he believes militants with the Islamic State terrorist group will undoubtedly try to exploit the U.S. border crisis to gain access to American soil More
Chicago Politicians, Advocates Prepare For Possible Immigration Administrative Actions Chiraq’s politician leaders want to discuss ways to ensure Chicago is a model for enrolling illegal immigrants into potential new benefit programs More
Obama says immigration action still to come: Said Thursday his plans to take unilateral action on immigration were affected by the surge of illegal immigrant children on the southwest border, but he still vowed to move ahead where he can later this year More
Mass. mayor: Illegals enrolling in public schools have ‘more wrinkles than I have;’ mayor of Lynn, Massachusetts, claims that some of the illegal immigrant children enrolling in her city’s schools are not children at all More
OBAMA’S RACE WAR
In the wake of the deadly shooting of an unarmed black teenager in Missouri, black U.S. Atty. Gen. Holder is facing demands to make widespread changes to police procedures including the appointment of a "police czar," More
Obama boys say investigations into charges of racial discrimination amount to "political theater,” said officials at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau More
VNS columnist John Kuchta Jr., AKA Captain Crawdad, writes an interesting piece on the Wall Street Journal - the most widely circulated newspaper in the nation - calling out Obama for the half-black, half-white in competent politician in the nation’s history that he is.
“A ‘deadly’ article,” Kuchta said. Read rest of the story by clicking Read More below:
And in another scathing piece, Kuchta writes:
By golly, when Janet Napalitano told us years ago that the southern border was safer than it had ever been, I believed her!
Janet was the type of woman who was almost Thatcher-esq if you overlooked her lack of integrity, lack of knowledge of her job and slavish devotion to The Kenyan. Liberals liked her because she liked little girls…”. Read rest of his column by clicking Read More below
by Larry Henry - Special to VNS
Cowards to the Right of us,
Traitors to the Left of us,
Media Morons in front of us,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell,
Rode the six hundred
300 from Congress and 300 from the White House.
This reminds me of the allegory of Plato’s Cave.
Socrates describes a band of prisoners who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all their lives, facing a blank wall. The prisoners watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them. Those shadows are as close as they ever get to viewing reality.
by Larry Henry
War is coming … our way.
If you understand the history of the 20th Century, you know what’s around the corner.
The Muslim Brotherhood is on the march. Israel is fighting for her life. Russia is threatening the Ukraine and Eastern Europe. Western Europe and England are being overrun by Islam. China is threatening Formosa and Japan. North Korea, Pakistan, and India all have nuclear weapons. Click [Read More] below for rest of the article
A Christian holocaust is taking place all over the Middle East and coming to America.
Christian men, women, and children, as well as other minorities, are LITERALLY being crucified, butchered, beheaded, raped and sold into slavery by the most grotesque, repugnant brutality unheard of in modernity.
What makes this particularly atrocious is the fact that WE, and every taxpaying American, are funding it.
America, under Obama, provided the “Islamic State of Iraq and Syria”, aka “ISIS”, with training, arms, and equipment, including MRAPS, Hellfire missiles, Humvees, millions of rounds of ammunition, etc, just for starters.
That’s what was ‘officially’ supplied to Iraq and ‘left’ for ISIS to pick up on its way to the slaughter.
by Sue Long - Special to VNS
Davy Crockett that is. When we think of Davy Crockett what usually comes to mind are his exploits as a pioneer wearing a raccoon-tail cap and his death at The Alamo. What is lesser known is that he was also a highly respected member of the United States House of Representatives from Tennessee.
(Note) I launched this guided missile this evening. Personally, I will never touch a Smithfield product as I refuse to partake in cruelty and suffering. It amazes me that nobody, like reporters, ever puts the record-breaking profits and the vague deadlines of 2017 and 2022 together!!! Logic gap big enough to drive a Mack truck through.
Back in December 2011 Smithfield said they would “get rid of all gestation crates for pregnant sows on its farms by 2017.” Pregnant sows were…and apparently still are..kept in a crate with little room to move. Several animal rights groups asked Smithfield to get rid of the ‘gestation crates’ as soon as possible.
In the same month, December 2011, Smithfield posted a $120.7M quarterly profit…it’s third best quarter ever. When this was reported in the Pilot, no relationship was drawn between the cruel practices and the high profit. Click Read More below:
Is it too farfetched to think Obama will try to use the ebola scare to declare marshall law? By executive order, he’s already declared certain cities as ‘quarantine stations’ - El Paso, Los Angeles, and 18 other cities.
Cap’n Crawdad became concerned when he heard Fox News talking about ebola panic. Some conspiracy theorists are ready to believe that the incompetent CDC, which it was recently revealed, lost deadly small pox viruses, and other deadly diseases, is poised to allow ebola to escape into the U.S. population.
If it does, don’t say Cap’n Crawdad and VNS didn’t warn you. But Cap’n Crawdad went running to his front door this morning - expecting hoards of frightened Virginia Beach citizens milling around in flip flops and carrying pitchforks, surfboards, and hockey sticks in protest.
Will the Kenyan-In-Chief use this event to crown himself ruler of the world? Read Kuchta’s take on the ebola panic: http://www.virginianewssource.com/jpk/
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Co-Workers Take Dim View of Women Who Seek Flex Time: Study
- Women Over 75 May Benefit From Mammograms
- J&J Pulls Hysterectomy Tool Tied to Cancer Risk From Market
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- calcium carbonate, Caltrate 600, Os-Cal 500, Tums Extra, Tums Chewy Delight, and Many Others
- Early Hormone Therapy May Be Safe for Women's Hearts
- Female Triathletes May Face Health Problems Such as Incontinence
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Weight Loss Surgery May Help Ease Urinary Incontinence
- 'Ghostbusters': The comedy is back in theaters for its 30th anniversary
- Did Israel commit war crimes in Rafah?
- Labor Day anxiety: Will wages ever start rising?
- Minor eruption prompts Iceland aviation alert: First red, now orange
- The complex world of simplification
- Explosion fells building outside Paris, killing at least 2
- Bears vs. bulls: Is it time to cash out of the stock market?
- White House may hold off on immigration action until after election
- Israel calls on Arab nations to rebuild Gaza, takes 1000 acres of West Bank land
- McConnell campaign manager resigns, amid probe into Iowa bribery scandal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- Beijing faces defiance in Hong Kong on vote reform
- Islamic State group becomes target of Arab satire
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Protesters clash with Pakistan police, storm TV
- Islamist militia now guards US Embassy in Libya
- Moscow urges Ukraine talks to back cease-fire
- Stewart back on the track, but big issues remain
- It's not just Hello Kitty: Japan's character craze
- Revel starts shutdown Monday after just 2 years
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Recall, Case Count & Investigation Update: Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to...
- July 1, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 27, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- The Perils of Penny Stocks
- Mixed Signals in the Labor Market
- 2 Surprising Bargain Stocks for Value Investors
- What to Do If You're Stranded While Traveling
- The 7 Best ETFs for Dividends
- A Health Care Revolution
- Taxes on Scholarships
- Success Story: From Journalism to Medicine
- Burger King Shareholders Can Dodge a Whopper of a Tax Bill
- Freebies for Your Dog
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections