Today's Top Stories - July 25, 2014
GLOBAL FREEZING! Error Discovered in Antarctic Sea-Ice Record Rising temperatures have caused the amount of Arctic sea ice to shrink dramatically since global observations began in the 1970s. But on the other side of the world, sea ice in Antarctica was at first steady — and then began to slowly expand in the mid-2000s More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To New London combat vet who throws down on 15 YO punk burglar - kid breaks down and cries More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To 80 YO who shot a pregnant home invader twice: “She best be dead” - she’s recovering More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To: Philly doctor who pulled his own gun in a gunfight with a whackjob who’d killed a hospital case worker More
GUNS! Maryville, TN restaurant that posted a pro-gun sign can’t keep up with the uptick in business - has run out of food twice and had to close - life is good More
GUNS! Court rules Philadelphia must pay $1.4 MILLION for violating the privacy of carry permit holders More
GUNS! When guns are outlawed in Chicago, only Chicago outlaws will have guns! On Monday President Barack Obama said his mother-in-law still lives in a neighborhood where gunshots go off, and it can be rough where Michelle grew up.” She now lives in the White House More
Pregnant L.A. Woman in Labor Prevented from Getting to Hospital Across the Street for 30 Minutes by Obama's Motorcade on The Way to Another One of His Interminable Fundraisers More
AVOIDING THE PROBLEMS AS HE ALWAYS HAS: Obama's Six-Year Itch: As troubles mount at home and abroad, Obama instead focuses on fundraisers, photo-ops, and his vacation on Martha's Vineyard More
MORE JOKES ON FIXING VETERNAS’ AFFAIRS? Talks On Fixing the V.A. Are Now Just Angry Tweets: In spite of bipartisan agreement they must fix the problem, Congress is unable to do anything, with a result that - just like their inaction on fixing the sequester cuts - the military man and the veteran take it on the chin - AGAIN! More
Planned Parenthood advises 15 YO girl its OK to let her sex partners whip her, tie her up during sex More
Killing the 1st Amendment? Censorship coming? Federal Election Commission Chairman Lee Goodman issued a stark warning on Wednesday when he suggested that political speech and press freedoms were under assault by federal regulators More
A Virginia News Source Special Report
[Editor’s note: As a veteran reporter covering federal, state, and local courts since 1960, this reporter has never witnessed a story like Cameron Crockett’s.
His conviction on a manslaughter charge was the result of incompetent or corrupt prosecutors, defense attorneys, police investigators, and the courts. Or all of the above.
In fact one witness told the court she overheard the son of a Beach cop say, “I just got free…I thought I killed both of them (both Crockett and his best friend): The man, Jacob Palmer, was never interrogated by police or called to testify.
A police spokesman said the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office shut down their investigation and didn’t share information with them.
All are hiding behind official protection to keep the coverup going.
Prosecutors illegally read Crockett’s mail.
It was never proven by any witness that Crockett was driving.
Through judicial corruption, he was railroaded on withheld or manipulated evidence and sent to prison.
After his first trial ended in a mistrial, the angry, unprofessional,vindictive prosecution, swung around for another whack - they wouldn’t even try to convict the person identified as the real driver, choosing to re-try Crockett again instead.
He was found guilty by a jury the 2nd time, but before he could be sentenced - Cameron who grew up believing in the American justice system could see trouble: He skipped the country and when he finally returned - hoping to be treated fairly at sentencing, the courts took its pound of flesh and shipped him to the pokey for 8.5 years.
Many murderers don’t get more than a year from the same courts and judges - but this court, prosecutors, and police were pissed and threw the book at Crockett.
Anonymous, which has a reputation of opposing criminal government activities, on its web site says “the justice system in Virginia Beach has engaged in ‘psychological terrorism against Cameron Crockett…’.”
It goes on to state: “Cameron Crockett was wrongly convicted and sentenced to 8.5 years in prison for the manslaughter of Jack Korte. The case has taken place in Virginia Beach, where political corruption and cronyism runs deep and rampant.”
So far, a lot of bad decisions have been made by all parties, including Cameron himself. This is his story.]
The beginning of a long bad night!
The sorry saga began on the night of Dec. 28 , 2008. Crockett and his best friend Jack Korte, whose cousin is married to Mayor Will Sessoms’ daughter, had been invited by another friend, Jacob Palmer, to a party hosted by Josh Reddy and Kevin Rondorff at 1144 Bancroft Hall off First Colonial Rd. Crockett and Korte weren’t familiar with the location and arranged to be met by Palmer to take them inside.
Reddy told the court that about 11 p.m. Palmer asked him if he needed anything that they were going to the store. The trio was gone at the same time. Palmer didn’t come back until 2 or 3 hours later. The fatal crash happened at 11:16 p.m. Palmer lived about 2.3 miles from the crash site or less by the way the crow flies. More than one person at the party testified the trio were gone at same time.
The police never questioned why Palmer came back alone nor why Palmer wasn’t at the scene of the crash if they’d all left together.
Although the police knew of Palmer’s involvement, they NEVER interviewed Palmer ever.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Today's headline reporting the conviction of one of the Tsanaev brothers' friends, made me ponder:
When do we get to see US Army traitor Nidal Hasan hanging by his neck? And, how long will we be made to wait to see justice for all the folks maimed and killed by the Tsarnaev brothers?
After killing 13 men and women at Fort Hood, TX, Hasan has managed to stay alive by the good graces of his Muslim cousin, our Community Organizer-in-Chief.
Do you want to put any money on my proposition that Hasan will NEVER be hung for his treason? Did we ever get the great controversy of Hasan's beard resolved? [Click Below to read more]
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Illegally sold federal guns may fired on TX Congressman
I couldn’t help but borrow part of a phrase from the treasonous and blasphemous Reverend Jerimiah Wright, the “reverend” who spat out racist rhetoric from his pulpit in Chicago. You know the guy, the preacher who Obama never heard during Obama’s infrequent church attendances, the preacher who baptized both of Obama’s daughters? Yeah, that guy.
Instead of “chickens coming home to roost,” it appears that Obama’s 50 caliber weapons that he illegally sold through the BATF to Mexican drug cartels have, most assuredly, come home to roost.
Friday night, 18 July 2014, Texas US Congressman Louie Gohmert and his companions were fired upon from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande with what could only be described by the weapon’s report as a 50 caliber. Fifty calibers are capable of destruction on an unprecedented scale for a shoulder-fired weapon. They are sometimes used to disable vehicles in war zones by shooting through engine blocks. Assassinations from great distances are another use. Click here for rest of the column
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Viriginia News Source Columnist
It's good that you are reporting this morning that Congressman Louie Gohmert and his companions came under fire from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande on Friday night; but, how much effort would it take to connect the dots to Obama's FastandFurious weapon sales to the Mexican drug cartels?
Of the 2,200 high caliber weapons sold by the DoJ's BATF to the Mexican drug cartels, a number of the weapons were the uber-destructive 50 caliber rifles used to fire at the Gohmert party. What did everyone think the drug cartels would do with all that firepower, hang them on the wall with plaques attesting to Obama's treachery?
Obama wanted chaos on the Mexican border with the Fast and Furious sales and we're getting it.
It used to be that conservatives were known for supporting God, family, and self-reliance.
That being the case, WHY do you use such crude language in describing the lack of fortitude of Republicans?
If they were against Mr. Soetoro/Obama or whomever he is, they would have exposed him as a fraud and usurper a long time ago, right?
Mr. Obama was adopted by Barry Soetoro and took his name and nationality. Unless he has changed both, he remains Barry Soetoro of Indonesia.
VNS sent a constituent query, (not as the media) on June 2 asking 2nd District Rep. Scott Rigell on June 2 to give a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer to whether he would cosponsor H.R. 2959 - the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013 - no rhetoric just a simple answer. Rigell replied with a standard 2-page congressional form, irrelevant BS letter, consisting of 263-words - and would not answer the question. (See original story)
Then on June 23, VNS send an official media query to Kim Mosser, Rigell’s communications director: Restating: “Simple Yes or No answer - no explanation wanted:
A.Will Rigell 1). Support H.R. 2959 and 2). Will he co-sponsor H.R. 2959?
B.Will he oppose H.R. 4783? Yes or No?
Mz. Mosser answered finally on July 15 that Rigell is now a cosponsor of National Right to Carry bill.
Somehow she didn’t understand the question on H.R.4783 (https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/4783) a trojan horse bill entitled “Promoting Healthy Minds for Safer Communities Act of 2014” but in fact an bill aimed at gun control. It is described by the National Rifle Association (See: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2014/6/ask-your-us-rep-to-oppose-wide-ranging-gun-control-bill-hr-4783.aspx) as a wide-ranging gun control bill.
Mz. Mosser didn’t seem to understand VNS’ questions as to whether Rigell would hide behind the bill’s lofty title and oppose it. We’ll have to write him again. Maybe if you're interested, you can write him also.
by By Maureen Scott
He acts in the most hateful, spiteful, malevolent, vindictive ways in order to manipulate and maintain power and control over others.
Perhaps, because, as a child, he grew up harboring an abiding bitterness toward the U.S. that was instilled in him by his family and mentors…it seems to have never left him.
Rather it is the blackness that fills his soul and the hollowness in his heart where there should be abiding pride and love for this country.
Think: Have we ever heard Obama speak lovingly of the U.S. or its people, with deep appreciation and genuine respect for our history, our customs, our sufferings and our blessings?
Click below to read rest of one of the most damning and articulate characterizations of the man known as Barack Obama - a blight on all America and its values - click here for rest of the essay:
- The Constitution and the Military
- A Republican Victory on the Front Lines of ObamaCare; They're winning on Medicaid in Virginia
- More corruption in White House than on the border
- Pseudo Libertarians & Santa Claus
- Constitutional Limits Are Specific: Obama's Disregard - Criminal
- Takes a big man to abuse a little puppy
Quote OF THE DAY
If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hi-jab is only subject to having her neck and head searched because of her religion ..... Then you might live in a country run by idiots
~Junius P. Long
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Weight Loss Surgery May Help Ease Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Yeast Infection
- Vaginal Pain
- Childhood Sex Abuse May Be Linked to Heart Disease Risk in Women
- Sexy Facebook Photos Not a Hit With Many Young Women
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Fibrocystic Breast Condition
- Why Hamas is a more formidable foe in Gaza this time
- Mutual funds face new SEC regulations, falling assets
- IS tightens its sectarian rule as Iraq taps new president
- How one person paid off his credit card bills
- Reader recommendation: How the West Was Won
- 'The Stories of Jane Gardam' slice razor-sharp through English society
- Top Picks: Gareth Murphy's book 'Cowboys and Indies,' the iPhone app Bounden, and more
- Feds announce maximum penalties for not buying health insurance
- Boehner vs. Obama: House panel moves toward vote on Obama lawsuit
- UN investigates rumors of female genital mutilation by Islamic State
- Israel kills senior Gaza militant, mulls next move
- Hamas tunnel threat at center of war with Israel
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Black box found at Air Algerie wreckage site
- Ukraine reports overnight rebel attacks on border
- Russian execs fear lasting damage from plane crash
- Central American leaders convening at White House
- Cause sought for gunfight between patient, doctor
- Iraq Sunni militias pinched by jihadis, corruption
- Japanese fans speak on the evolution of 'Godzilla'
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Recall, Case Count & Investigation Update: Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to...
- July 1, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 27, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- June 20, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Frozen...
- June 12, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- June 11, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 5, 2014 (Investigation Notice) Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Exposure to Clinical and...
- June 3, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Newport Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted...
- 3 Types of Insurance to Protect Your College Student
- Worst Things to Buy Before Your Kid Heads Back to School
- 7 Great Growth Stocks with Long-Term Potential
- Avoid Rollovers of IRA CDs
- The Pitfalls and Profits of Collecting Cars, Wine, Art
- Housing and Mortgage Advice From Around the Web
- Wealth-Building Secrets of the Millionaire Next Door
- Where to Get Free Checking
- How Good Are Morningstar's Fund Picks?
- How U.S. Teens Rank in Financial Literacy
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections