Today's Top Stories - April 17, 2015
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Alabama neighbor who shot and killed a violent Gadsden teen who to raped a neighbor woman as 2 accomplices ransacked her home More
KILLING THE DRONE …
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To CA homeowner for shooting down a drone flying over his property … or did he?… A homeowner in California successfully shot down an unmanned quadcopter that was flying over his property while recording video. The homeowner, identified as Larry Breaux, believes the drone was a form of harassment from one of his neighbors due to a sign he has in his driveway More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To Washington Walmart concealed carry shopper with his 3 children who stopped an assault by another shopper who, without provocation, attacked him with a ball bat in front of the family More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To Conway, Arkansas who protected himself in a shootout with two men who tried to rob him while playing pool in his garage More
There won’t be any Jesses, Sharptons, Holders or other race haters/baiters here: Chicago police won’t released video of police shooting teen 16 times More
CRACKING DOWN ON WELFARE ‘QUEENS’ AND THEIR FAMILIES …
Missouri Bill Bans Buying Lobster, Steak With Food Stamps … would prevent using food stamps for “cookies, chips, energy drinks, soft drinks, seafood, or steak.” More
Kan. bans welfare recipients from going to pools, movies on state’s dime The law aims to tighten regulations on how the poor spend state aid More
GOVERNMENT RUN AMOK! …
Housing department employees used work time to steal electronics, watch porn A federal employee responsible for overseeing public housing projects stole more than $70,000 by conducting fraud using his work computer to obtain high-end electronics More
Postal Service Headed for Disaster The United States Postal Service is careening toward financial catastrophe, posting a $5.5 billion loss in fiscal year 2014. It's the eighth year in a row with multi-billion-dollar losses, and the Postal Service has maxed out its $15 billion line of credit from the U.S. Treasury. If it is declared insolvent, much of this debt is unlikely to be paid back, and taxpayers could be on the hook for an even bigger bailout More
BROKEN PROMISES…WOUNDED VETS …
Obama Promises Benefits For Wounded Vets: "We've Got Your Back" One of the things all veterans, as well as everyone else reading this story has to recognize, Obama Lies - His record reveals his every promise is a lie - Do Not Believe Obama More
WETBACK UPDATE …
Obama’s Illegal AMNESTY Program, Halted by Judge, Comes Before Appeals Court Today More
TAKE YORE JESUS AND ‘GIT’ …
Wisconsin School Snubs Christianity With Its "Be Muslim" Assignment Written essay only required for Muslims and Hindus - Superintendent denies attempt at indoctrination More
Nobody ever said the Virginia Beach voters are smart.
In fact the Virginia Beach city Council thinks they are downright stupid - why else would they be able to raise the property tax rate from $.87 to a dollar $1.22 in 10 years without protest?
Now the Council plans to raise it another six cents per $100 assessed value to finance fiscal mismanagement and to help bail Norfolk out of its financially crippling, money-losing and unsuccessful ‘Fraim’s Folly' – – AKA Norfolk light rail system.
And have you heard any grumbling from the taxpayers? No!
VNS columnist Bob O'Connor looks at this display of citizen stupidity in his most recent column entitled "Easy Pickin’s.” Click here to see: O'Connor's 'Easy Pickin's' for an insight into stupidity of beach taxpayers.
by John P.Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
A man has to helplessly watch a pack of coyotes tearing a live, new-born calf apart to realize that cattle and coyotes don't mix. Sometimes, the culprits are hopelessly out-of-range. For many decades, coyotes were not a part of the Virginia landscape; but, now they are found in every corner of the state.
As a consequence of their taste for beef and wild game that we enjoy, we shoot coyotes on sight out on the farm in Suffolk, VA, where we hunt turkeys, bear and deer. If by chance we are able to see where the coyotes are dening, we're not above throwing poisoned baits near the mouth of the den. If you think that you've wiped them out, soon other coyotes will sense the territory is available and move their clan in to fill the vacancy. I guess that's just nature's way, the strong hoping to pray on the weak. CLICK 'READ MORE' BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY ...
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
As our Buffoon-in-Chief orders his Secretary of Dunces to extend talks to allow Iran to develop a nuclear weapon, how appropriate is it that the first day of that extension should be on April Fools Day?
The jokes on us, my fellow Americans, and you need no further proof of that fact than this article:
As you are well aware, the Iranians refer to Israel as the "Little Satan" and to us as the "Great Satan." Their often-broadcast plan is to first eliminate the Israelis and then focus their sights on us.
Barack Hussein Obama may not get the opportunity to sneer at the smoldering remains of America as he emerges from his bunker. My take is that Obama will soon be a nasty memory compliments of his former political funds benefactors, the Saudis.
By Chris Kettner, Virginia News Source Columnist
In my first column for the VA News Source, I thought it would be proper to write about a subject that my radio show is based upon...That would bring me to “The Coin”.
I, for one, have had enough with terms like Red, Blue, Liberal, Conservative, Radical Right, Radical Left, Republican, and Democrat. Whatever happened to the term American?
As an Independent, I have come to realize that our great country has no chance for continued success until we as a nation stop dividing the country based on labels.
Once a person adopts a label for themselves, they have doomed themselves to becoming a follower of that label or group. They surrender the God-given ability to think for themselves. They become nothing more than followers… mindless robots, regurgitating the labels’ talking points.
I submit to you, kind reader, that if all Americans were to throw away the labels and actually look at both sides of the issues, they would find a little truth on both sides of the coin.
I further submit to you, that armed with that knowledge, you would at least have a better understanding of both sides of the coin.
by Larry Henry
Grace Slick sang White Rabbit back in 1967 in tribute to the American drug culture. That was the Age of Aquarius, drugs, sex, and rock & roll, communes, war protesters, dropping out, it was cool, man. Or so we thought at the time.
Today the White Rabbit is in control of our lives.
Democrats created the Housing disaster in 2008 with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, thanks to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Republicans did not protest strongly enough before the roof fell in. Obama came out with his Stimulus Package to save the day. About 95% went to the unions. Union dues then poured millions back into the DNC coffers.
That Gulf oil spill could have been capped six months earlier, but Obama refused to accept help from anyone not unionized.
Read 'em - ObamaCare is easy to understand ...4 simple sentences sum-up 10,535 pages of Obama Care
Great summary by a Notre Dame University engineer..... Here are the 10,535 pages of Obama Care condensed to 4 simple sentences.. As humorous as it sounds..every last word is absolutely TRUE!
1. In order to insure the uninsured, we first have to un-insure the insured.
2. Next, we require the newly uninsured to be re-insured.
3. To re-insure the newly uninsured, they are required to pay extra charges to be re-insured.
4. The extra charges are required so that the original insured, who became un-insured, and then became re-insured, can pay enough extra so that the original un-insured can be insured, so it will be "free-of-charge" to them.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is called "redistribution of wealth" ...or, by its more common name, SOCIALISM, the politically correct name for COMMUNISM!
- Breast Self Exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers Act Differently in Each Woman: Study
- Urine Isn't Free of Bacteria
- Ob-Gyns: Use Ultrasound to Assess Pelvic Symptoms
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Evolution May Explain Why a Curvy Bottom Drives Men Wild
- Restraining Order Often Costly for Women
- Early Onset Hot Flashes May Point to Raised Heart Disease Risk
- ibandronate, Boniva
- From Loretta Lynch to Iran, Obama's had enough of the GOP
- Best laptop deals: $169 off Apple's newest 13" MacBook Air, and more
- Kenyans stand against terror attacks, the pros and cons of a modern nuclear Iran, beware...
- Readers write: 'Right to work and unions,' Taiwan's diplomacy with China
- How is Kenya fighting Al Shabab? By all means necessary.
- Bucking cable tradition, Verizon offers custom TV bundles (+video)
- Share a cab? Uber's carpool option, uberPOOL, has now served 'millions'
- Yellow submarine: Navy hopes new drone revolutionizes how war is fought
- Most senior Baathist general to evade US in Iraq reported killed. Does it matter?
- How court battle over Obama immigration action could be road map for reform (+video)
- US Treasury secretary urges Greece to reach debt deal
- Gas-line blast at California shooting range injures 11
- Australia arrests 5 for alleged IS-inspired terror plot
- 2 years after bombs, Boston Marathon looks forward, not back
- First WWI gas attack produced new horrors, changed warfare
- Philanthropist, shopping mall developer Taubman dies at 91
- Suicide attack in Afghanistan kills at least 33 people
- Ringo Starr, Green Day headline eclectic Rock Hall class
- NHL player Jarret Stoll arrested in Las Vegas
- Egypt runners defy Cairo mayhem as sport's popularity grows
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- How to Reduce Next Year's Tax Bill Now
- Homeowners, Skip Small Damage Claims
- Should You Give Your Child a Credit Card?
- 5 Stocks for Riding the Coming China Tourism Boom
- Worst States for Retirement 2015
- 4 Ways to Turn Your Business Idea Into Millions
- The Woes of Extended Auto Warranties
- When Your Health Insurer Won't Pay
- World's Greatest Stocks
- The Costly Danger of Putting Extra Money in Your IRA