Today's Top Stories - September 23, 2016
Going Postal? USPS Worker Steals Guns Being Shipped, Deals Them On The Street More
What’s with these clowns? Teen Reports Attack By Knife-Wielding Clown In Tennessee More
Suspects Break Into Deputy Sheriff’s Home, Avoids Death More
Black Lies Matter? Keith Scott’s Family Apparently Made Up The Story About How He Died More
Hey, Vern … watch this ad … All You Need for Self Defense Is A Phone? NRA Launches Ad Buy Against Hillary Clinton More
Whack Jobs … Harry Reid, Democrats Use Terrorist Knife and Bomb Attacks To Push… Gun Control? More
Why Cops Don’t Let Suspects Return To Their Vehicles: The Murder of Kyle Dinkheller More
NRA Launches TV Ad Buy to Defeat Bayh The National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) has launched a 30-second television ad to educate Indiana voters about Evan Bayh’s anti-Second Amendment voting record. The ad, titled "Rewind," will air on both cable and broadcast stations in Indianapolis, South Bend and Fort Wayne from September 20-October 3 More
NRA Endorses North Carolina Governor McCrory The National Rifle Association's Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) announced today that it is endorsing North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory More
NRA Debunks Jason Kander's Second Amendment Lies in New Ad The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) launched a TV ad on Tuesday exposing U.S. Senate candidate Jason Kander’s attempt to misrepresent his Second Amendment voting record. The spot, “Blindfold,” focuses on votes Kander cast in Jefferson City and demonstrates that he's a politician who will say anything to get elected More
Gun-toting Democrats bristle at firearms limits in California California is a Democratic bastion in the United States, but the party's presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has some voters up in arms over her push to tighten gun control. At the LAX Firing Range in Los Angeles, the idea of further restrictions on guns is by and large shot down More
Federal appeals court questions D.C.’s restrictions on concealed carry of firearms Appeals court judges had tough questions on Tuesday for the District’s lawyers about strict limits the city places on carrying concealed firearms on the streets of the nation’s capital More
Pa. bill would give NRA, others right to sue over gun laws The Pennsylvania House once again is considering a bill that would allow gun enthusiasts and organizations such as the National Rifle Association to sue municipalities over local firearm restrictions More
by Frank Palmieri - Special to VNS
Betting on the Blue Line
In the early part of the 20th century the trolley was the preferred mode of transportation in America’s cities. Norfolk’s trolley riders were carried from down town Norfolk to Ocean View’ s amusement park, where the streets and lots had been planned by the rail road.
According to Professor Jackson’s Crabgrass Frontier, Norfolk’s trolley line was typical. Usually a private company was given an exclusive right to operate a rail line along city streets in exchange for guarantees of service.
The reasonable flat rate fares did not cover the costs of operation, and tax payers did not subsidize trolley operators. The trolley companies planned on making their profits from other ventures. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the sordid story]
by Catherine Crabill - VNS Columnist
Watching Hillary Clinton finally collapse, in spite of a well orchestrated cover-up of her dire health issues, begs the question, “What do all of her co-conspirators have to gain by dragging her failing corpse across an electoral finish line?” Then again, perhaps the better question is, “What do they have to lose if they don’t?”
Floating like a test balloon is a new theory that Hillary, faced with the overwhelming evidence of the nation’s universal distrust and unmitigated disdain, unwilling to be globally humiliated by a Trump landslide that even the greatest forces of the MSM are unable to hide, has faked this medical melt down as a ‘Plan B’ to throw the 2016 election into a Constitutional crisis. If such a diversion, real or faked, fails, if no matter what Hillary pulls Trump prevails, there will not be enough nooses hanging from enough trees in D.C. to dispatch the traitors among us and ‘they’ know it.
Digressing, what would be an appropriate punishment for people who have conspired to force the entire world into a One World Totalitarian régime? The death toll of this conspiracy is currently in the millions. Under the Obama – Clinton rogue collaboration, whole nations and regions have been attacked and overthrown under specious excuses and outright propaganda to gain control over resources and geographical advantage, resulting in the accumulation of wealth and power funneled into the hands of an elite cabal. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Virginia Beach-based Unalienable Rights Foundation Tuesday morning served a notice of intent to file a Petition for a Writ of injunction on Teresa A. Sullivan, president of the University of Virginia for a requests to inspect ‘essential public records of the University Strategic Fund under the Freedom of Information Act to gain access to UVA records. Click here to read document
The filing states: “Except as otherwise specifically provided by law, all public records shall be open to inspection and copying by any citizens of the Commonwealth during the regular office hours of the custodian of such records. Access to such records shall not be denied to citizens of the Commonwealth, representatives of newspapers and magazines with circulation in the Commonwealth, and representatives of radio and television stations broadcasting in or into the Commonwealth.” [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
One well-heeled Virginia Beach wag once referred to the city council as the dumbest body of white folks in the city. Can’t say that now, a black person has been added.
At the 8th annual Thalia Civic League candidates forum Thursday night, everyone showed up but convicted misdemeant, Mayor Will Sessoms. He sent a surrogate, councilman Ben Davenport.
Mayoral candidate R. K. Kowalewitch came out the gate swinging, calling Sessoms a crook who the last two candidate forums has refused to appear. “He is the first member of City Council to be convicted of a crime,” Kowalewitch said. “He enriched himself as president of Towne Bank by voting 92 times to make $260 MILLION in his bank loans to friends, associates, and favored business interests who had projects before council.”[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
Regardless of who wins the up-coming presidential election, the hope of getting another Supreme Court Justice like Antonin Scalia is slim. In order for that to happen, these things must all happen, and it is unlikely that all four will come to pass.
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
THE REAL THREAT TO CHILDREN
We are aware of the danger to women and young girls from the open-bathroom policy being pushed by the LGBT agenda. But a broader threat exists for children as a whole – now and in the future. As the new scientific report SEXUALITY & GENDER reveals:
1. "Only 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as a gender that does not correspond to their biological sex. CHILDREN ARE A SPECIAL CASE... only a minority who experience cross-gender identification will continue to do so into adolescence or adulthood."
2. "The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex – 'BORN THAT WAY' – is not supported by scientific evidence." [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Councilwoman Shannon Kane broke the law in recruiting city fire department personnel to do her political dirty work in her run for re-election according to emails received under the Freedom of Information Act.
Kane is opposed by Robert Dean who said she should resign from office and drop out of the race for re-election. (See Dean’s News Conference Statement)
Dean Thursday released emails showing Kane got Virginia Beach firemen to erect her 4x8 - foot campaign signs in clear violation of Sec. 2-90 of the City Code.
Dean wrote Commonwealth’s Atty. Colin Stolle and City Atty. Mark Stiles about the criminal violation requesting investigation and action, which includes firing of employees who violate the code.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
- India to sign Paris accord: What would Gandhi say about climate change?
- China begins test of world’s largest radio telescope: What might it find?
- Why more young men are playing video games instead of working
- Did the Vikings help bring cats around the world?
- Five ways to upgrade your bathroom for less than $100
- A determination to improve
- Can Facebook push its users to the polls?
- Trump said he would invite Gennifer Flowers to debate. Crossing a line?
- Best tool deals for those who DIY
- Broncos vs. Bengals: Why Cincinnati has the edge
- At least 23 killed in Aleppo as UN meets over Syria
- Clinton as communicator, from Wellesley to campaign trail
- Road to debate: Trump built image as he built business
- Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident
- Charlotte police release video of shooting but doubts remain
- In battle for Iraq's Mosul, many forces with many motives
- Mother uncovers lasting impact of baby son's organ donation
- AP-GfK poll shows voter distaste for Putin-style leadership
- Police: Washington shooting suspect 'zombie-like' at arrest
- US terror attacks' common denominator: Anwar al-Awlaki
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Wells Fargo: 'Gutless Leadership' or Buying Opportunity?
- What's the Better Value for Investors: Amazon or Alphabet?
- 6 New Reasons to Shop at Target
- 6 Critical Questions to Ask Before Investing in a Stock
- What Should Bond Investors Do Now?
- Best College Majors for Your Career 2016-2017
- For a Healthy Vacation, Take a Walk
- Gasoline Prices to Trend Lower
- How to Tap Your Retirement Savings Penalty-Free
- When Is the Perfect Time to Invest?