What can buses do that light rail cannot do?
- Cheaper to build, purchase and operate
- Operate on existing right-of-way or railroad track area converted to pavement and on the road commuter lanes
- Can go ANYWHERE, including festivals, etc.
- Ensures ALL riders pay
- Carries bikes externally
- Does not have to worry about other buses coming head on or from behind on tracks
- No over/under passes needed - will not interrupt intersections unless on the Norfolk Southern right-of-way
- Easier to expand and contract
- Comes in various sizes with different propulsion systems
- More efficient to operate
- Can be used for emergency evacuations
- Will not take more land off the tax rolls
- Can be equipped with devices to change red lights anywhere it goes
Please let me know if you can think of any additions to either.
Ben Krause - Virginia Beach
|< Prev||Next >|