Today's Top Stories - July 28, 2016
WikiLeaks Releases DNC Voicemails Except to prove they could do it, what they got is laughable More
The Actual Voicemail Release: Not worth the effort. Let's hope the emails were more productive More
DOA … Home Intruder Faces Deadly Consequence for Ignoring Elderly Texas Couple’s Warning More
Governor Calls for Clarity in Assault Weapons Ban Enforcement Gov. Charlie Baker supports Massachusetts' longstanding assault weapons ban, but he nonetheless had questions Tuesday for Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey over her recent crackdown on what she terms, "copycat" weapons More
Democrats take a more forceful stance on gun control At the past three Democratic conventions, only one presidential nominee mentioned the scourge of gun violence. Eight years ago in Denver, Barack Obama devoted a single sentence to the subject in his 5,000-word acceptance speech More
Preparing for the Worst: How to Respond to an Active Shooter - Every American should take the time to think about what they would do if they found themselves in danger. Here are some helpful tips More
Gun-Control Opponents Can Begin Efforts To Overturn Laws Opponents of a set of recently signed gun control laws may begin gathering signatures to qualify referendums to attempt to overturn them, Secretary of State Alex Padilla announced Monday More
Gun Violence Takes Center Stage at Democratic Convention Democrats call it "gun violence" or "gun safety", but their real focus is on strict new anti-gun laws More
Nevada State Senator James Settelmeyer Comes Out Against Question 1 Gun Control Ballot Initiative Nevada State Senator James Settelmeyer is the latest elected official in Nevada to come out against the Question 1 gun control ballot initiative. Settelmeyer, a rancher from Minden, Nevada, is urging voters to reject the initiative, which is largely bankrolled by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. More
FACT CHECK: Gun Control Advocate Mark Kelly Misleads on Gun Issue Hours before the issue of gun control took center stage at the Democratic National Convention, Mark Kelly, a leading gun control advocate, told what’s become a classic lie of the Hillary Clinton camp – that Clinton supports the Second Amendment and doesn’t wish to see it abolished More
Chicago ... The gun control Capital Obama bunch doesn’t talk about: At least 12 more people killed in Chicago violence this weekend as year’s homicide total nears 400 More
Why Was This Vietnam Veteran Shot For Supporting A Presidential Candidate? More
Gun Owners: Do you Believe in Privacy? More
Rabid 2nd Amendment opponents … Hillary and her Kaine Are Ready to Walk Across Your Gun Rights More
by Ira White - VNS columnist
I hope people realize that the reason the liberal political establishment wants open borders is twofold:
1. To flood the elective with millions of illegal immigrants, become their welfare champions, grant them citizenship and the vote, and secure 1-party Democrat predominance and power once and for all.
2. To prop up the ambitious agenda for an elite governmental alliance of nations that will consolidate their political position on a global scale, and assure there is a central hierarchy of non-sovereign leadership and laws to attain the necessary authority and economic control to rule the populations as they see fit.
They actually believe this will succeed to the betterment of mankind because they reject consideration of how God has designed human nature in all people including themselves. (Click Read More below for rest of article)
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
We have in our White House, in the Cesspool Land of Treason and Greed, an egomaniacal community organizer systematically destroying our American Republic, one Constitutional brick at a time.
Standing together in the Halls of Common and along the byways of Pennsylvania Avenue are the FBI, our CIA, NSA, the Pentagon, that Loretta Lynch heifer, and of course our beloved and trusted US Congress.
The Left worships at the feet of this Marxist Bozo while the Right steps ‘n fetches for those executive orders.
Mitch McConnell swoons whenever Obama enters a room. Then Harry Reid struts his stuff like a bantam rooster. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
We are acutely aware that our news is often anything but the truth or certainly not the whole story. But, we may be only vaguely aware that the history we are taught is far from being accurate.
Yet, as George Orwell put it many years ago, “The most effective way to destroy a people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” It stands to reason that it is the victors who write history. Another take would be quite different if written by the losers. And, the best source for accurate information would always be that which is written contemporaneously, but those are usually disposed of by the victors. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Our country is being run into the ground by turncoats, Marxists, pussies, crooks, and fools. Political Correctness is the order of the day. Homeland Security preaches that veterans, Christians, and conservatives are a greater threat than Radical Islam.
Barack Obama refuses to recognize Radical Islam. That’s because he’s a Muslim at heart if not in fact. Hillary Clinton is a witch. I hear that everywhere I go … so it must be true.
Why did James Comey refuse to call for Hillary’s indictment? Why did Senator Corker shepherd Obama’s Iranian nuclear deal through the Senate? Why doesn’t our Republican House stop runaway spending? Why is unemployment over 10%, but we’re told it’s less than five? Why hasn’t Obama been impeached? [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Throughout modern American society, there have been crucial foundations to personal security, stability, and social morality:
1. It has always started with the family providing the most intimate core for mutual relationships and welfare, guidance, encouragement and love between parents and children.
2. This was followed by the church to nurture spiritually-intimate faith and community, democratically represented through local education, government, and public policy.
3. Next are neighborhoods where the supportive civic, social, and charitable efforts of families and ministries are applied.(Click Read More below for rest of the story)
Dallas police had to follow orders to not wear protective gear because it "might appear to be confrontational". Police died.
Police everywhere are being subjected to orders from mayors, etc., to NOT stop looting/rioting, or to NOT apprehend protesters who break the law. They endure having things thrown at them while they stand looking powerless during protests.
Let your local police and sheriff's offices know that you appreciate them and their officers. And tell them we don't need federal intervention to keep the peace. We need to keep our community police local and independent.
Carrie Nunnally- - Newport News
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Strange how two days after last Monday's meeting in Bill Clinton's private jet, Loretta Lynch's DoJ attorneys file a petition with a federal judge asking him to declare a 27 month delay in disclosure of correspondence originating with Clinton Foundation employees with a PR organization that Bill Clinton helped found.
I don't call that coincidental. I call that blatant lawlessness.
We are so far away from the vision for the United States of America as set forth by our Founding Fathers that we need to start talking revolution, not November elections. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
- Later Start, Finish to Menstruation May Extend Women's Lives
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Menopause: Not All Hot Flashes Are Created Equal
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- Bone Density Scan
- Hormone Therapy Won't Help Memory After Menopause
- Monthly Vaginal Ring May Help Protect Against HIV
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- 1st HPV Test for Use With Preservative Fluid
- Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
- Why the Kremlin may not be the fan of Trump that it's said to be
- French media won't post photos of terrorists: Could US media follow?
- Home owning sinks to its lowest rate in 51 years – no surprise to Millennials
- Why Al Qaeda just got jilted in Syria
- How much do you know about German literature?
- Why Norway's birthday present for Finland may top them all
- Why Stephen Colbert can't be Stephen Colbert anymore
- On a walk with Michael Dukakis as he picks up litter
- With sales down, how will Whole Foods move forward?
- Australian wins island resort in a $49 raffle: How well does that work?
- Minority Dem delegates frustrated with 'Bernie or Bust'
- Her turn now: Hillary Clinton makes her case for presidency
- This time, an adoring He looks on as She accepts nomination
- Police and protesters credited with restraint at convention
- Cummings: Protesters during DNC speech were 'disrespectful'
- Trump has a record of siding with Putin on key issues
- Experts confront multiple explanations for surge of killings
- Wounded officers struggle with news of Hinckley's release
- The Latest: Some Sanders backers want DNC apology on TV
- N. Korea: US has crossed red line, relations on war footing
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 3 Best Vanguard Funds for Dividend Lovers
- When Buying Annuities Makes Sense
- Flat Growth for Business Spending in 2016
- How to Keep Your Home Cool Without Going Broke
- 4 Utility Stocks to Juice Your Portfolio
- 11 Ways to Cut the Cost of College Tuition
- Improve Your Physical and Financial Fitness
- 6 Estate Planning Tips for Those Approaching Death
- 3 Things No One Tells You About Retirement
- How Retirement Programs Could Change Under Clinton and Trump