Today's Top Stories - May 22, 2015
GUNS! Student Sues College After Gun Rights Sign Needed ‘Special Permission’ A student at a Texas college filed a lawsuit Wednesday claiming administrators shut down her free speech event that included a gun rights sign, telling her she needed “special permission” and that it was unclear if she could advocate for gun rights on campus More
Govt. Run Amok! Democratic Lawmaker Says Benefit in $74 Billion Food Stamp Program is ‘Too Low’ The federal government food stamp program benefit is “too low,” Rep. James McGovern (D-Mass.) said during a House Committee on Agriculture hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday. According to the Department of Agriculture, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) program cost $74,137,240,000 in 2014 More
ABC newsman, in Clinton’s pocket, not only didn’t tell viewers he was a double agent contributing financially to Hillary Clinton’s campaign funds, he also didn’t tell his employer of his contributions More
BENGHAZIGATE - Top Aide’s Pre-Benghazi Email: Hillary Clinton Had "Leadership/Ownership/Stewardship of This Country’s Libya Policy From Start to Finish" More
BenghaziGate Emails reportedly show confidant told Clinton Benghazi attack planned by fighters tied to Al Qaeda More
Rand Paul Was Right: Rifles, RPGs and Missiles Flowed from Benghazi to ISIS Ports More
The newly-obtained Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) report forwarded to the White House and State Dept. just after the 2012 Benghazi attack confirms that the administration's efforts behind Benghazi were specifically crafted to conceal administration malfeasance and re-elect Obama in 2012. I had been writing about surfacing reports by reputable journalists since early 2013, but Obama and Hillary still have not been held accountable for fatalities, coverups, and conspicuous dereliction of duty. Remember these facts – all currently relevant and incriminating, and most substantiated by the DIA report:
1. Arms were indeed being secretly transported from Benghazi to Syrian rebels – now Al Qaeda and ISIS – by Obama. Ambassador Stevens was sent, at least in part, to coordinate that effort. The 2012 DIA report also predicted the rise of an ISIS in Syria and Iraq, the region where Obama was shipping arms and 17 months before he called ISIS "JV". CLICK [READ MORE] BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY
Do we have an immigration problem?
Immigrants come here legally. They come here to benefit from the advantages of living in a nation of freedom and opportunity. They are eager to learn the language and American customs and become productive American citizens.
The problem we do have is an invasion. True, the invaders aren’t coming here militarily. If they were they would be summarily repelled. But rather, they are allowed to walk in with impunity.
Sure, there are some who come here simply to take jobs to provide for their families which is the result of the poor conditions in their homeland’s socialized economies. So we socialize our country’s economy by sending foreign aid to shore up their homeland’s failing socialized economies. We have to borrow the money to do so instead of having them do so.
by John P.Kuchta Jr.
We’re being “set-up.” I’ll offer a few personal examples.
I don’t know how else to interpret the fact that my US Congressman, Scott Rigell, representing VA’s Second Congressional District, will not respond to my local, regional and national security concerns expressed in a registered letter dated 07 Dec 14, that’s over five months ago.
On 08 April 15, Rigell lied to me in front of 200+ citizens at his Town Hall Meeting at Regency Law School.
He went on and on, obviously playing to the crowd about “responsiveness” when I rose to ask him publicly why he wouldn’t or couldn’t respond to my concerns expressed in my Dec 2014 letter.
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
Let me see if I can wrap my arms around these warnings we're getting from folks as diverse as our Department of Defense, the FBI and, today, ISIS' PR Department.
Virginia has been mentioned in all three reports within the last five weeks.
I know what we should do, let's dump millions of dollars into a $300 million light rail boondoggle. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
Hardening our schools, churches, synagogues, malls and entertainment venues should absolutely play second fiddle to a corrupt light rail project.
Bottom line: The VB City Council is under investigation by the FBI and the VA State Police. Making money for their campaign donors in this light rail project obviously takes precedence over the safety of the citizens of Virginia Beach.
Congressman Rigell, how's your response coming along? You either can't or won't address these security issues. Please just tell me which it is.
submitted by Beach Chiropractor William Theiser, DC
Our federal government … which has " Tomahawk" cruise missiles and "Apache", "Blackhawk", 'Kiowa" and "Lakota” helicopters - and used the code name "Geronimo" in the attack that killed Osama bin Laden,
Officially objects to the name of the Washington Redskins???
We make fun of Bill Clinton for saying things like, "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." It was and still is amusing to hear how he and Ms. Clinton can change the meanings of everyday words in order to wriggle out of a tight place. But, they have taught us a lesson. If we pay attention to the valuable lessons we learn from scheming politicians, and not just the Clintons, and apply them to meaningful purposes we could benefit greatly. I have two examples of how we are fooled every day, one just a rip-off and the other more highly destructive.
The lesser meaning of the two is a simple ad in a brochure, newspaper, magazine or flier. An actual ad in a brochure reads, "50% off all frames, all lens and all lens options." So, I go to purchase a set of glasses but the manager quotes me a price without the 50% discount. I complain. He shows me a nondescript small print disclaimer that says, "Some frames and lens excluded from offer. Other restrictions may apply."
I asked him to give me his definition of the word 'all' and he becomes inflamed.
THE FRAUD OF NORFOLK MAYOR PAUL FRAIM'S LIGHT RAIL PROJECT FOR VB CITIZENS
While a ‘paltry’ passel of political ‘suck-ups’ showed up outside City Council chambers to demonstrate their ignorance and stupidity of ‘Fraim’s Folly,’ the misguided, fiscally fraudulent Norfolk light rail project Tuesday night, voters who want to save their tax dollars from helping pay for Norfolk’s ‘folly’ can read the documents prepared by concerned, informed citizens over a period of several months of intense study.
1.Read the entire Draft Environmental Impact Study:
- Arctic drilling update: Protester leaves Shell ship after hanging on since Friday
- President Obama honors the fallen: 'A debt we will never stop trying to fully repay'
- Anonymous threats prompt military jet escort and three plane searches
- Shadab Hassan turned down a corporate career to start a village school
- Heat wave responsible for more than 500 deaths, say Indian officials
- Fall of Ramadi: Iran, Iraq say US is the one who 'showed no will to...
- Anne Meara leaves a 60-year legacy in comedy, theater, films, and TV
- Why Bernie Sanders is appealing to Elizabeth Warren fans
- When did US North and South unite on Memorial Day?
- California looks Down Under for drought advice
- Brides for sale: European women lured for sham marriages
- Rohingya seek better life in Malaysia, but reality is stark
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- Biden reassures Iraqi prime minister of US support
- AP source: Cleveland reaches deal with Justice on policing
- Conservative challenger Duda wins Polish presidential vote
- Twister kills 13 in Mexico border city; 12 missing in Texas
- AP PHOTOS: US reflects on veterans' sacrifices
- California looks to Australia for tips on surviving drought
- Police: 3 kids hurt when waterspout uproots bounce house
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 3 Simple Steps to Give Your Home Curb Appeal
- Rolling Over a Traditional IRA to a Health Savings Account
- 5 Surprising Ways Bad Credit Can Hurt You
- 10 Reasons Millennials Need to Own Stocks
- 3 Things That Cost Women More
- Is Productivity Plunging?
- 12 Stocks to Earn Dividends Every Month
- Best Dividend Stocks of the S&P 500
- What Are the Odds the IRS Will Audit Your Tax Return? And What Should You...
- 5 Common Medicare Mistakes to Avoid