Today's Top Stories - September 3, 2015
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To To St. Charles County woman pulls gun on teens in park amid neighborhood feud More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Resident who Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect In SW OKC More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Houston teen who shot and killed himself accidentally while ‘taking a selfie’ - - proof black lives don’t matter More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: To Columbus, OH Homeowner shoots and kills alleged intruder More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To Cashier pulls gun on robber who walks out empty-handed in New Orleans More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To Tulsa woman, armed and ready, who stops attempted burglary More
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To Arkansas liquor store owner who shoots would be robber in exchange of gunfire More
Wheelchair-bound elderly Maine apartment dweller who shot a burglar trying to steal his pain medications told by owner he must give up his gun to remain in apartment More
Guns! Duke Researcher Shows Cars are 80% Riskier Than Guns Of course, none of this matters to anti-gun Democrats, as they don’t care about facts or logic or lives, for that matter. The only thing Democrats care about is control, and power over the citizenry More
Black Lives Don’t Matter … In Chicago … A 16-year-old boy was killed and at least 11 other people were wounded in Tuesday shootings across Chicago More
Overacting as always, VA Democrats have plan to attack guns … A group of Democratic lawmakers from Virginia on Thursday will unveil a 2,800-signature petition demanding expansion of background checks for gun purchasers, in the wake of a summer of violence that included the shootings of two journalists and a tourism official in Roanoke More
Guns! Anti-Gunners Nationwide Put Bull's-Eye on Open-Carry Permit Holders: "Inciting their radical base to turn their own neighbors in" More
Illegal Alien Update 1 … Expert: Current Policies Will Continue High Immigrant Welfare Use More
Illegal Alien Update 2 … Immigrant Households Using Welfare At Vastly Higher Rate Than Native-Born Households More
Obama’s Race War 1… Democrats Officially Endorse Anti-Cop ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement, even as police are stalked and killed in the streets More
Obama’s Race War 2 … Blood On The Hands Of #BlackLivesMatter And The Media More
This morning I was sent an article by a well-meaning patriot, telling me that "200 retired generals and admirals oppose the Iran deal." What followed was an article on how said admirals and generals were sending a strongly worded letter to Congress telling them how bad the Iran deal really is.
OK, so my reaction? Hmmm... Gee that's just wonderful!
I was reminded of something Mark Steyn said as he was hosting the Rush Limbaugh show the other day, about RINO senators and congressmen standing there with a scowl and announcing they've opposed abortion for 30, 40, 50 years or more. But guess what, we still have Roe v. Wade and taxpayer financed abortions.
It's not enough to stand hands on hips DECLARING your opposition to something, YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. Bring about legislation, make a meaningful stand against the president, fight him for God's sake!
Opposing the Iran deal sounds all cushy nice and mealy mouthed pap for the somnolent class, but I'll believe them when I actually see some action taken... you know, like a military coup, or some arrests being manifested for these traitors, Obama, Kerry, and the rest of them.
Until then, I can't be bothered by people who simply "oppose" this or that, or send around incessant petitions and ask me to "call my representative"...or something.
Truth is, I HAVE NO REPRESENTATIVE anymore. None of us do, they're all useless, self-serving, and corrupt. There is only one thing now that can save the republic from the girly men that are in charge, and that's to TAKE AWAY their offices and replace them immediately with real men, real patriots, and sane people.
That applies to the Supreme Court as well, the entire system of checks and balances is broken except in this manner: They write the checks and we the people pay the balances.
So do I care that 200 generals and admirals (retired by the way) oppose the Iran deal? Well...it's a start, and what a lovely one it is too, my oh my, makes my heart just go pitty-pat.
But really, call me when the real fight begins, that's when I will get involved.
Bill in Tennessee
by Ira White - Portsmouth
In recent years society has devoted more focus on bullying in schools, but are missing the most prevalent bullies everywhere else. It's the few who constantly circle society itself with a chip on their shoulder, intimidating anyone and everyone, and attacking without provocation.
As always, the chips are a benign excuse for premeditated aggression to beat down the population and elevate the bully to self-imposed prominence and power:
"We dare you to knock it off. Go ahead – Say 'anchor baby' one more time, let your school band try playing 'How Great Thou Art', use homophobic 'mother and father' as a legal family term, pray someplace where we can see you, denounce gender-neutral bathrooms in schools, dare to call someone a 'Muslim terrorist' or 'illegal alien', tell me again that your 'religious conscience' doesn't allow you to participate in a same-sex event, or whine that you don't want unborn babies suffering pain and mutilation."
"Yes, we'll come up with more. Watch your back. Democracy, liberty, life, and free speech don't rule here. WE DO, and we'll strike you down with media, lawsuits, and court rulings."
We seem to forget that bullies are only as strong as their victims allow them to be. Even a pompous judge or president has no bully pulpit when a majority confronts them, whether its the face of popular outcry or the pressured backlash from elected representatives.
In their absence, minority activists and attorneys are ruling society and the legal system. "Political correctness" is only a euphemism. NATIONAL NIHILISM – "noun: the rejection of all religious and moral principles" – is a more accurate term.
Our popular outcry better rule the next election, or the cowering will be complete.
Then we lose constitutional command of moral democracy and relinquish it to bully autocracy.
With that ultimate endorsement, they'll be hunting us all down on our streets and playgrounds.
Watch your back.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
What would Adolf Hitler have done with atomic energy? Right, he would have used it for peaceful purposes making Nazi Germany a better place to live. Obama tells us Iran is like that. Israel and America have nothing to fear.
Why is America in such racial turmoil? To understand this you have to understand how communism works. For communism to succeed three basic components are required: take away religion, divide the people, destroy the middle class. Gun confiscation comes later. Then the people are at the mercy of a communist regime.
Congress is totally corrupt. President Obama is dedicated to the destruction of capitalism. Capitalism built America, but who’s counting when the Democrats and the Republicans are selling us all down the river for personal gain?
Starting with the misleading mantra on Women's Health, this new flowchart leads Pro-Choice rhetoric to its obvious conclusions – undermining their arguments based on documented medical evidence and human rights. Click Here to View
Ira White - Portsmouth
Editor: I have addressed the following letter to the Trump Campaign:
"Trump is on my short list of candidates, and I've been pleased with the issues he has addressed. But Friday night, he slammed Jeb Bush for wanting to "Defund Women's Health" – the official diversionary war cry of Planned Parenthood.
The whole nation knows the only defunding efforts are aimed at PP for its video admissions of illegal abortion procedures and fetal harvesting.
To suggest this is targeting "women's health" when there are 9,000 govt-subsidized clinics offering complete health services for women and children (which PP does not) suggests he is in support of this corrupt and brutal organization, and would continue funding this corruption with half a billion a year or more of tax dollars that should go to those reputable full-service clinics.
Despite the stunning revelations of technologies and recent events, I heard a liberal again yesterday trying to corner a presidential candidate about "choice". It stuns me. People have made those kinds of choices through history – to think of a person, a distinct individual, as less than a human being, or as private property with no rights who can suffer horrible treatment.
We dealt with it here in the 1860s, again in Europe in the 1940s. An effect of that choice in Germany was to use the victims in medical research. How do people not recognize a repeat of shockingly bad choices? But once again, in a short time, maybe 5 years or 10 years, all will look back and say "How could it happen again in civilized society?"
Because people turn a blind eye. They speak in society and courts using euphemisms like choice, reproductive health, and "part of a woman's body" as a semantic mask. And it takes the shock of something like using human specimens for research to wake them up to the horror. And yet some still sleep, with hearts slowed to a cold beat, and ask as if in some dream state, "Where do you stand on "choice"?
I would ask, "No, where do you stand on it?"
Ira White - Portsmouth
The Virginia Beach GOP through good sense and judgement refused to allow 2nd District Cong. Scott Rigell force it to commit political suicide by getting into the middle of a Jew v. Jew battle over free speech at its most recent city committee meeting.
But it didn’t prevent a serious issue of racism from rearing its head as a practice by several members of the party’s membership. The party was told: Consider GOP members’ racist attacks on 2 black members if i considered the Jew v. Jew issue.
After Chuck Smith, lawyer, former GOP chairman and political candidate told the meeting of the numerous times the ’n-word’ was displayed to me on cell phone screens and he was called a ‘token’ by Bruce Meyer, Virignia Beach Sheriff Ken Stolle, the GOP’s parliamentarian, said if such acts were done, provable, without any action being taken, he would resign from the party. Former chair Kenny Golden said he got involved and dealt with the issue privately. But it still isn’t clear if it was resolved satisfactorily.
But i t temporarily distracted from discussion of the Jew issue.
- Growth Hormone May Lower Odds of Fractures in Older Women
- False-Positive Mammogram Result Traumatic for Most Women: Study
- Scientists Probe Obesity's Ties to Breast Cancer Risk
- Women's Pelvic Pain Often Unreported
- Hysterectomy at Younger Age Tied to Heart Disease Risks
- Your Office Temperature Settings May Have a Gender Bias
- Vaginal Pain
- For Women, No Link Between Kidney Stones, Osteoporosis
- Gardasil (HPV Vaccine)
- Change in 'Pap' Test Rules Linked to Drop in STD Testing
- Office of the future, offices of the past
- 'The last year has been a difficult one for Mexico.' Pena Nieto acknowledges country's troubles
- Conflict leaves 40 percent of children out of school in Mideast areas, UNICEF says
- Can officers in Freddie Gray case get impartial juries in Baltimore?
- New Ferguson report offers lessons on police's handling of mass protests
- Earth has lost half its forests since dawn of civilization, study finds
- Obama secures Iran deal victory in Senate: what changed Democrats' minds
- Are Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden both bitten by 'Schrödinger’s cat'?
- Taste education boosts sales for edible insects
- Pentagon makes 'obvious' choice, opens Ranger School to women permanently (+video)
- Hungary blasts EU on migration; chaos at Budapest station
- Aunt had tried to sponsor family who drowned off Turkey
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Guatemala president resigns amid corruption probe
- China shows off rising power in marking WWII defeat of Japan
- Iran deal will survive in Congress despite GOP opposition
- 1 Marine killed, 9 hurt in helicopter hard landing
- Big cities scramble to be prepared for an oil train disaster
- Police: Hunt won't stop for suspects in officer's death
- Labor Day flying: behind the scenes at a very busy airport
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- How to Combat Tax Identity Fraud
- 9 Easy Moves to Save You Time and Money
- 10 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Financial Adviser
- Energy Stocks That Could Make You Rich
- 3 Savvy Ways to Save on Your Next Restaurant Meal
- 3 Worst Things to Buy New for Kids
- Retirees, Avoid These 5 Costly RMD Mistakes
- What's Ailing Apple's Stock?
- Securities-Based Loans Are Risky Business
- Worst Things to Buy at Warehouse Clubs