Today's Top Stories - February 10, 2016
Blowhard X-NYC mayor Bloomberg has panties in a bunch over deal Gov. Terry McAuliffe crafted with GOP legislators allowing reciprocal concealed carry; Blowhard X-Mayor took out a full page ad in Richmond newspaper denouncing his former Democrat ally More
The Backstory of Ending Operation Chokepoint … The Obama Bunch pursued this legislation to stop fraud, but used it instead to go after businesses they didn't like More
Golden Bullet Award: To Gunman in fatal Mt. Vernon, WA shooting… has a credible self-defense More
Golden Bullet Award: North Charleston man who killed another during an argument … ruled self-defense More
Silver Bullet Award:To Southaven, MS MPD officer for shooting a would be burglar More
Silver Bullet Award: To GA Deputy for shooting one of two bank robber More
What if the majority of the "politically correct" delegates at the "called convention (of states)“ support the formal introduction of Sharia law into the US Constitution?
What if Barack Hussein Obama is the next UN Secretary General?
Muslim expert Frank Gaffney opposes an Article V as all Muslims support Sharia while good or violent in their intentions to establish Sharia in USA. [Click Read More below for rest of story]
by Sue Long - North, VA
There is no doubt that most Americans would fight with their lives were we to be invaded by a foreign army. But it isn’t happening that way. We are at risk of our country by way of legislation.
The plan of the globalists, which is to merge America with other countries into regional arrangements, starts out being just an economic arrangement but then progresses into a political regional government which can then be merged into the United Nations forming a one-world government.
This is exactly what has already happened to the countries in Europe. They signed up for the EU (European Union) with the expectation that they would benefit financially. But look where it has taken them. [Click on Read More below for rest of the column]
By Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
A number of my colleagues view 9-11 as the beginning of World War III. I believe it started with Jimmy Carter’s misguided human rights implementation against Iran, which led to the overthrow of the Shah.
That brought the Ayatollah Khomeini to power, and the slaughter of 600,000 Iranians. Khomeini’s revolution was followed by the Iran-Iraq War, Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait, and Desert Storm.
Then the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. The Taliban raised their bloody sword and Al Qaeda followed suit. Osama bin Laden’s grand finale was orchestrating the mass murder of 2,977Americans Oct. 11, 2001.
by Ira White - Portsmouth
Special to VNS
The new movie 13 HOURS on the Benghazi tragedy (Jan. 15 release) may be another hard glimpse into reality, but I hope everyone who needs to see it does if for no other reason than to be reminded of the consequences of politicians who care more about their power and elections than they do American lives and security.
The secrets have long been exposed that Obama and Hillary purposely pulled out Eric Nordstrom's specialized 16-man Libyan security team in 7/2012, refused response to the attacks on 9/11/2012, and quickly covered up their motives specifically to save Obama's 11/2012 re-election from his covert "Arab Spring" catastrophe.
Hillary's emails are still revealing more disgusting details including her correspondence and collusion with Sidney Blumenthal – longtime Clinton confidant, Clinton Foundation employee, and Hillary campaign advisor – to exchange "intelligence" on potential business contacts and contracts in Libya and the region.
Hopefully, the visual record of this new film will refresh a national consciousness that Hillary now seeks control of American safety and security again in 2016.
The movie trailer says it best: "The story you were never told."
It is as dangerous as it is disappointing; the calls to silence dissent and disagreement from those who’s arguments cannot withstand the scrutiny of critical thinking and documented facts.
One of the greatest liberties ever granted to man by God was the liberty to disagree with Him. Imagine The Almighty condescending to allow the impudence of His creation to defiantly rage, “There is no God!”
The Founding Fathers did not have to research history to understand the tyranny against the mind, the censorship of religion, conscience, speech, and thought. They lived it, hence the establishment of the 1st Amendment in our Bill of Rights.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Would our Marxist / Socialist / Fabian / Commie Bastard-in-Chief start a war out in the wilderness when there is no life at risk and no property has been damaged? Of course Obama would!
Realize that this whole occupation began when a jury of their peers sent the pair of father and son Hammond family members to jail for three months.
A federal prosecutor demanded that a federal judge impose a FIVE YEAR sentence on the father and son.
The Hammonds were doing a "Controlled Burn" on THEIR land when the wind shifted and 127 acres of adjacent federal land was scorched.
The controlled burns clear-out dry undergrowth, it does not burn big timber. In essence, not a great deal of harm was done.
So, now we have armed citizens ready to confront a federal government that has gone completely off the reservation. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
Ira White - Portmouth
Special to VNS
Last year in the Wall Street Journal, author Eric Metaxas wrote a popular article titled, SCIENCE INCREASINGLY MAKES THE CASE FOR GOD (December 25, 2014). It is not only this article, but its subsequent rebuttal in another publication that is profound. Mr. Metaxas, makes the case (quoting some scientists and academics, I might add) that the statistical probability of life and the universe existing without intelligent design is most improbable. However, in the New Yorker magazine, Lawrence Krauss responded, in part:
"Such a claim is fraught with statistical perils. In order for me to be writing this piece, consider all the factors that had to be 'just right': I had to find myself in San Francisco; the sequence of stoplights my taxi had to traverse in order to get me to the airport; the airport security screener had to experience similar coincidences in order to be there when I needed her; same goes for the pilot. It would be easy for me to derive a set of probabilities that, when multiplied together, would produce a number so small that it would be statistically impossible for me to be here now writing."
Does anyone see the problem? [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
- Is Fat From Another Area of Body Safe for Breast Reconstruction?
- Birth Control Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- tranexamic acid (Lysteda)
- Having More Kids May Slow Mom's Aging, Study Says
- Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says
- Some Women Face Geographic Barriers to Breast Reconstruction
- Suppository Eases Vaginal Dryness in Small Study
- Pap Smear
- FDA Tightens Rules for Using Mesh Implants in Women's Surgery
- clindamycin vaginal suppository (Cleocin)
- Supreme Court blocks Clean Power Plan, but perhaps not its goals
- How Obama would fix the ACA's 'Cadillac Tax'
- What happened to Carly Fiorina's presidential hopes?
- VW, Daimler to recall 1.5 million US vehicles over Takata air bags
- Christie, Fiorina drop out of GOP presidential race
- Is an encrypted cell phone a secure device – or a threat to public safety?
- Making the world safe for anti-corruption whistle-blowers
- French anti-terror bill moves forward amid civil liberties debate
- Tensions rise between China and South Korea after North Korean launch
- Wild albatross granny just hatched her 40th chick – at 65
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina
- Viewer's Guide: What to watch on the day after New Hampshire
- Government sues Ferguson after city tries to revise deal
- The Latest: Clinton to campaign with mother of Sandra Bland
- Sirhan Sirhan, assassin of Robert Kennedy, denied parole
- 2 deputies killed, suspect dead in shopping center shootout
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ends 2016 White House bid
- Senate passes bill to hit North Korea with harsher sanctions
- Ex-priest arrested in 1960 slaying of Texas beauty queen
- But is she honest? Caring? Clinton grapples with questions
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Cheapest Places Where You'll Want to Retire
- Energy Stocks to Buy While Oil Prices Are Cheap
- How Much You'll Pay for Medicare in 2017
- I See a Major Market Decline Ahead
- 6 Secrets to Saving More for Retirement
- Vermont: The Worst State for Taxes on Retirees
- How to Buy 7 Great Load Funds Without Paying the Sales Load
- Best FANG Stocks to Buy During the Market Selloff
- What Bernie Sanders Can Teach You about 529 Plans
- Deadline for Contributions to Your Health Savings Account