Today's Top Stories - July 28, 2015
SILVER BULLET AWARD: To Concealed Carrier Named Patrick Ewing Stops Attempted Mass Shooting In Cincinnati; wounds shooter, rescues 4 More
Guns! WaPo: Americans See More Guns As The Solution It's an echo of a familiar theme from NRA head Wayne LaPierre. "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," LaPierre said frequently amid the more recent gun-control debate … And most Americans agree with this logic, according to a 2014 Pew Research Poll More
Guns! Having a gun without knowing how to use it costs NC woman her life … The mindset that obtaining a concealed carry permit (where required) and purchasing a handgun means that you’re prepared to defend your life. That couldn’t be further from the truth.A woman in Franklin, NC, apparently paid for that mistake with her life last night More
Guns! Wild-Eyed Democrat Commie Whackjob Presidential Candidate, Socialist Bernie Sanders, Wants To Ban ALL Self-Defense weapons More
Guns! Obama pushing for 'largest gun grab in American history': NRA The Obama administration is pushing to ban Social Security beneficiaries from owning guns if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own disability payments -- a move the NRA is calling the "largest gun grab in American history." More
Where black lives DON’T matter! Seven people have been killed and at least 34 others wounded in shootings across Chicago since Friday afternoon, police said. More
Wetback Update …
Obama loses last legal buffer against surge of immigrants A federal judge’s ruling presaging the release of the largest number of illegal immigrant mothers and children from U.S. detention centers has erased the last get-tough immigration policy of the Obama administration, leaving the law even more of a mess and authorities with even fewer tools to try to deter another surge of border crossers More
Hispanic rights groups protest fed plan to revoke amnesties Hispanic rights advocates are protesting the government’s plans to revoke amnesties for potentially hundreds of illegal immigrants who refuse to return their erroneous three-year work permits, saying that the illegal immigrants shouldn’t be punished for the Obama administration’s mistake More
Obama’s Race War …
Cleveland police pepper-spray protesters at ‘Black Lives Matter’ rally A “Black Lives Matter” rally held in Cleveland over the weekend briefly turned tumultuous when local police discharged pepper spray at participants while attempting to disperse a crowd of protesters More
Guns! Gun Control: Eating Steak with Teaspoons President Obama told the BBC he's "stymied" because he's not gotten his way regarding gun control --yet. So, apparently we should just relinquish our guns during a Second Amendment burning ceremony on the National Lawn. More
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
I sent the following letter registered to Mayor Will Sessoms:
21 July 15 Registered
Mayor Will Sessoms
Ref: Priorities of You and the VB City Council
Dear Mr. Mayor:
I spoke on two different occasions this past Spring as you and the VB City Council sat and heard arguments for and against funding for light rail cars in your budget in the amount of $21 million.
I stressed the fact that we are in an undeclared state of war against radical Islam and they have struck too many times to mention; but, the attack last week in Chattanooga helps drive home the point that I have been stressing: Do we need light rail when all our schools are wide open to anyone with a weapon who cares to walk through the front doors? How about our beaches, malls, churches and synagogues? Have the attacks on Tunisian beaches not driven the point home for you and the city council? I have copied my latest remarks to city council below in an effort to help show you the utter folly of your stance.
“Yesterday morning, I was warmly welcomed at two elementary schools near my home in VB. I am puzzled how sniper teams can be positioned atop tall buildings on military bases located all over our city due to Force Protection Condition “Bravo,” yet, it was possible for me and anyone else to walk right in to our schools.
I have sent the following letter to my congressmen regarding the criminal activity of Planned Parenthood, and urge others to do the same. It is also interesting to note that all Republican congressmen list "Abortion" as a subject (required) when sending correspondence, but no Democrat does; they list only "Women's Issues" or "Reproductive Health". The smokescreen is conspicuous.
Dear Senator or Representative,
I have watched almost three hours of undercover interviews in their full context conducted with Dr. Deborah Nucatola and Dr. Mary Gatter, and it is clear by the admission of these two PPFA executives that at least two federal crimes were committed:
1. Prices were haggled by both for the sale of fetal specimens, and Dr. Gatter even indicated that she would research the highest values by other PP affiliates in order to maximize that price. It is clear that set or listed prices by a particular affiliate for collection, maintenance, delivery, etc. would not involve haggling or researching the "highest price" of other affiliates. Selling fetal specimens is a crime under federal law.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
We have suffered another humiliating attack at the hands of one (or more) of the human / animal hybrids espousing a religious theology that condones violence against women and pedophilia, among other quirks, like beheadings.
Supposedly standing between us and these animals is our fabled FBI and NSA.
Where were these agencies as the shooters hatched their plots in Fort Hood, the Washington Navy Yard, Garland, TX, and Chattanooga?
Wait a minute. Did the FBI know that Major Nidal Hasan was in email communication with a radical sheik in Yemen who was later killed with a drone?
Yes, as a matter of fact they did knew all about that communication. Did 13 people die as Hasan climbed on top a table, shouted 'Allahu Akbar' and pulled the trigger repeatedly? [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
Attached is the second ad paid for personally by City Treasurer John Atkinson saying “No to Light Rail” that was in the Beacon on Sunday, July 19, 2015.
It gives an update of the response that John has received and what he would like to do in the future to keep this issue alive and bring a referendum forward.
Please forward this on to friends and family to continue to voice your “No to Light Rail” and assist John in this effort.
I am going to continue to support John in this endeavor so that the city does not waste our current and future tax dollars.
Everyone working together will help to reach our goal.
Rick "RK" Kowalewitch
In America one can rise above one's birth and circumstances, but you can't rise above your level of intelligence. Kerry seems to have been born lucky, and married lucky, but beyond that seems to have not one single mitigating, socially redeemable trait. The Moron Cycle of Life:
This "Moron Cycle of Life" is killing America.
Thus endeth the lesson.
In light of the recent terrorist event in Chattanooga, will the Beach City Council now withdraw its approval of a mosque in our midst?
Probably not, but we really must consider removing the Confederate monument at Princess Anne.
Council continues to be of the belief that there are such things as "moderate" mohammedans, the result being that citizens of Virginia Beach will continue to be sold down the river in the name of political correctness.
I am disgusted and frustrated. One crazed white person, who just happened to have had his picture made with a Confederate battle flag, goes on a shooting spree and his action is cause enough to call for the destruction of Southern heritage.
Yet, a crazed mohammedan goes and kills several of America's finest and everyone wants to know his motive instead of addressing the threat.
It may just be me, but: [Click Read More below to read rest of the letter]
Submitted by a reader in Portsmouth from the Internet:
Here is an e-mail purportedly sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins. (Original author unknown)
Dear Mr. Page: I agree with our Native American population. I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins.
One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.
Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.
The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.
- The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness
- Visiting Disney after being hit by a big dog!
- Reform for Better Health Care
- Sons of Confederacy file court action over Confederate license tags
- GOP Jewish Dispute also has racial overtones
- Virginia Beach GOP struggling with a 'Jew' problem of Middle East proportions
- Gardasil (HPV Vaccine)
- Change in 'Pap' Test Rules Linked to Drop in STD Testing
- Childhood Stress May Spur Weight Gain in Women
- Radiation From Mammograms May Be Lower Than Thought
- etidronate, Didronel
- nafarelin, Synarel
- Women Spend Far Less on Birth Control Because of 'Obamacare'
- HPV Test
- Millennials More Accepting of Working Moms Than Past Generations
- Trauma, PTSD May Raise Women's Odds of Heart Attack, Stroke: Study
- Down with Boehner? GOP congressman launches bid to oust House Speaker
- New jail footage shows Sandra Bland 'alive and well'
- Amazon Launchpad carves out flashy new shelf space just for start-ups
- With hiring of Jen Welter, NFL's Arizona Cardinals make history
- What does Windows 10 mean for the future of Windows?
- Yes, red states are attracting blue-state voters. But they don't stay red.
- US-Turkey military deal: A turning point in Obama's handling of Syria crisis?
- Homeownership dips to 35-year low: Why economists are optimistic
- Hindu-Muslim feelings raw as India awaits Yakub Memon execution
- N.Y. prison worker pleads guilty to aiding killers' escape
- Pollard to be freed; US analyst spied for Israel
- Health care spending to accelerate, US report says
- New video shows more of Sandra Bland's time in Texas jail
- Authorities: California teen accused of killing 8-year-old
- Boy who lost hands to infection gets double-hand transplant
- Man accused in lion death says he thought hunt was legal
- 'The Book of Mormon' gets rousing reception in Utah
- Review: 5 ways Windows 10 fixes annoyances in predecessor
- Roger Goodell upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension
- End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation and alarm
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Then and Now: After Katrina, a New Life
- Great Stocks for Baby Boomers
- 3 Great States for Retirement
- Best Jobs Without a College Degree 2015
- What Turns Off Shark Tank's Mark Cuban About Your New Business Idea
- Great Vanguard ETFs
- 6 Great Buffett Stocks to Buy Now
- Avoid These Costly Social Security Mistakes
- How You May Be Getting Shortchanged on Your Credit Card Rewards
- Worst Jobs for the Future 2015