Today's Top Stories - August 25, 2016
"Vagenda of Manocide" Marquee is But One of This Gunsmith's Hilariously Offensive Anti-Hillary Election Signs ( Language may be a bit rough, but worth it) More
Indy Police Mistake Homeowner For Carjacker With Horrible Results More
Real Women Reload More
What a Clinton Supreme Court Would Mean for America People often ask me how I – a so-called conservative intellectual and author of “The Book of Virtues” - can support and vote for Donald Trump. I have many good reasons, but nothing on the home front is more important than the Supreme Court. More
Mexico asks U.S. Congress to renew ban on assault weapons Mexico's Foreign Minister Claudia Ruiz Massieu on Monday asked the U.S. Congress to restrict the sale of assault weapons as "they cause harm on both sides of the border." More
Europeans turn to weapons in growing numbers after attacks Europeans in a number of countries are seeking to arm themselves with guns and self-defense devices in growing numbers following a series of attacks by militants and the mentally ill More
Claim: Michael Bloomberg Demanded John Lott Interview Cut from Couric Gun Control Film 250 Radio host John Cardillo claims that interview segments with noted gun scholar John Lott were included in the earliest version of Katie Couric’s gun control movie Under the Gun, but were taken out at Michael Bloomberg’s request following a private screening More
Texas school district sign: Armed faculty 'may use whatever force necessary' to protect students On the back to school shopping list for teachers and faculty in a school district 30 miles east of Amarillo is a concealed handgun license. The school district's staff is “armed and may use whatever force necessary” to protect its students, according to media reports. More
VNS Photo by Robert Dean
Drunk passed out awaiting subsidized ticket back home from Light Rail Station
This is just the beginning of the riff raff, crime, drunks and homeless that your Virginia Beach politicians want you to vote to bring to the Resort City by approving the extension of Norfolk's money-losing Light Rail sytem. This dude could afford the money to get dead dog drunk and pass out while awaiting the Light Rail, but the taxpayers will subsidize his travel ticket home by $5.68. Think about it! Is this what citizens of Virginia Beach want?
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
Freedom without authority is anarchy
Authority without freedom is tyranny
This is why we should have a republic
In the wake of numerous assaults, our hearts are heavy and our prayers are for the safety of our law enforcement officers, referred to as police in this article but also includes sheriffs and their deputies. There is a war on our police.
How could such a thing come about? What happened to the universal respect once held for those who risk their lives daily to be our protectors? The first time I saw the words “Police Brutality” was decades ago on a street in Chicago when I was given a copy of The Daily Worker , the communist newspaper of that day. I couldn’t believe what I was reading – a diatribe against police and cries of “Police Brutality.” But, then I dismissed it. The American people will never fall for that, I thought. How wrong I was!
Over time, the words “police brutality” would resonate throughout the nation and become the rallying cry of the street mobs that burned and pillaged during the 1970’s. But, because of the exposure of the designs of the promoters of the mayhem, the Civil Rights Movement (more accurately termed Civil Riots) was put on the back burner.
Now, once again, police are being targeted. Protesters, among those demonstrating in the streets and shouting “Black Lives Matter,” wave the communist hammer and cycle flag, give the communist clenched fist salute and chant for killing the police. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
By Victoria (Vicky) Manning
Candidate for Virginia Beach School Board
Almost two years ago, I discovered radical changes to the grading practices in Va Beach secondary schools. Teachers were being told not to give zeros for work not turned in, not to deduct points for work turned in late and test retakes were being encouraged.
Homework also could not be a factor in the grade. When I first approached the school board about my concerns, they were not aware this was taking place and my concerns seemed to be dismissed. I continued pushing back against these practices that lowered standards, removed accountability, and created more work for our teachers.
After a year of forums, surveys, and committee meetings, the Superintendent’s office put forth more radical recommendations which included removing the percentage grading scale. I continued to press the Board and rallied the community to have their voice heard.
New guidelines were recently presented at a workshop on Aug 3. These recommendations do allow for homework completion to be a factor of the grade—up to 10%. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
IF … that coalition of blacks, Latinos, feminists, gays, government workers, union members, environmental extremists, a partisan media, Hollywood, uninformed young people, the “forever needy,” the chronically unemployed, illegal aliens, and other “bonehead losers” vote for Hillary Clinton … Norman Rockwell’s American portrait is kaput!
Our Constitution will be replaced by Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.” The DNC progressives and those RNC RINOS, along with George Soros and his communist pals, will be pulling the strings on their White House puppet. The curtain will go up on a New World Order. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
We have in our White House, in the Cesspool Land of Treason and Greed, an egomaniacal community organizer systematically destroying our American Republic, one Constitutional brick at a time.
Standing together in the Halls of Common and along the byways of Pennsylvania Avenue are the FBI, our CIA, NSA, the Pentagon, that Loretta Lynch heifer, and of course our beloved and trusted US Congress.
The Left worships at the feet of this Marxist Bozo while the Right steps ‘n fetches for those executive orders.
Mitch McConnell swoons whenever Obama enters a room. Then Harry Reid struts his stuff like a bantam rooster. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
by Michael Thompson - President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
Special to Virginia News Source
One of the issues that continues to confront our nation is what to do about those illegal residents living in our communities now and how to reform the entire immigration and naturalization system. A few ideas toward that end are outlined herein.
First, we have to secure our borders. Whatever Congress decides, it is clear that our borders need to be more secure. That's step one to bringing a solution to our immigration problem in this country.
Second is terminology. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - VNS columnist
I hope people realize that the reason the liberal political establishment wants open borders is twofold:
1. To flood the elective with millions of illegal immigrants, become their welfare champions, grant them citizenship and the vote, and secure 1-party Democrat predominance and power once and for all.
2. To prop up the ambitious agenda for an elite governmental alliance of nations that will consolidate their political position on a global scale, and assure there is a central hierarchy of non-sovereign leadership and laws to attain the necessary authority and economic control to rule the populations as they see fit.
They actually believe this will succeed to the betterment of mankind because they reject consideration of how God has designed human nature in all people including themselves. (Click Read More below for rest of article)
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
Special to VNS
Throughout modern American society, there have been crucial foundations to personal security, stability, and social morality:
1. It has always started with the family providing the most intimate core for mutual relationships and welfare, guidance, encouragement and love between parents and children.
2. This was followed by the church to nurture spiritually-intimate faith and community, democratically represented through local education, government, and public policy.
3. Next are neighborhoods where the supportive civic, social, and charitable efforts of families and ministries are applied.(Click Read More below for rest of the story)
- Laparoscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Is Compromise More Likely When Women Are Part of the Decision?
- Child Abuse May Shorten Some Women's Lives
- Injected Drug May Help Fight Osteoporosis in Women
- Endometrial Ablation
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Gas is cheap and US drivers use it to log more miles than ever
- Hiker rescued from snowed-in hut in NZ, weeks after losing her way
- Historic Colombia-FARC peace deal: questions and answers
- Your personal finance guide to America's national parks
- Orlando hospitals waive Pulse victims' bills, echoing newfound unity
- Amid quake's devastation, Italians tap experience to swing into action
- Why did Dwayne Johnson earn more than Jennifer Lawrence in 2016?
- Attack on American University of Afghanistan targets a rare oasis
- The winner in the race for autonomous taxis: Singapore’s nuTonomy
- Who owns roadkill? Alaska highway robbery deprives needy.
- The Latest: Venice film fest cancels gala dinner after quake
- Aftershocks rattle Italian quake zone; toll rises to 250
- Chicago Story: Trump sends GOP donors spinning
- Suddenly it's Trump sounding soft on illegal immigration
- Trump rebukes racism claims as Clinton warns of radicalism
- Turkey sends more tanks to Syria, insists on Kurdish retreat
- Iran: Forces will warn any vessel after US warship incident
- Marines say 2 men didn't help raise 1st flag at Iwo Jima
- Apple boosts iPhone security after Mideast spyware discovery
- Auto, technology industries clash over talking cars
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Greatest Stocks From Around the World
- My Real Life Rules for Investing
- The Bull Market Isn't Over Yet
- How I Quickly Resolved My Case of Identity Theft
- Great Stocks to Get Dividends Every Month
- 7 Features Home Buyers Want Most
- 9 Good Stocks That Are Well Below All-Time Highs
- The Least Tax-Friendly States in the U.S.
- The Most Tax-Friendly States in the U.S.
- 5 Stocks With Rising Dividends for 50 Years in a Row