Of Guns, Government & Theft of Freedoms - June 17, 2013
GUNS! All guns banned in venezuela: violation has prison sentences of up to 20 years for any civilian convicted of illegally carrying or selling a firearm President Nicolas Maduro signed a gun control bill into law in a bid to rein in the country’s runaway violent crime More
Dumb Ass of the Week Award to KY officials: 14 YO student faces up to a year in jail for wearing NRA T-shirt to school More
Maybe not such a bad idea? Sarah Palin courts controversy by saying the Syrian conflict should be left for Allah to sort out More
Chicago! Chicago! Obama's hometown - gun free zone murder capital of America: What Hath Gun Control Wrought II Bloody weekend recorded 7 murders and 46 wounded (so far) across that wonderful town More
What Hath Gun Control Wrought I 5 People Shot in 21 Minutes in Bloomie's NYC environs More
GOLDEN BULLET AWARD: Legally declared by prosecutor for cop's fatal shooting More
BIG BROTHER CAN HEAR YOU NOW! Secret To PRISM's Success: Even Bigger Data Seizure Under Obama, than when Bush initiated the program - While PRISM has attracted the recent attention, the program actually is a relatively small part of a much more expansive and intrusive eavesdropping effort - ON YOU More
We Told You So - 3 more NSA Veterans speak out on whistle-blower after spending years trying to tell the public the same thing: YOUR GOVERNMENT IS SPYING ON YOU More
Where's Your Outrage? NSA Admits Listening to U.S. Phone Calls Without Warrants National Security Agency discloses in secret Capitol Hill briefing that thousands of analysts can listen to domestic phone calls. That authorization appears to extend to e-mail and text messages too More
All Obama - All The Time: AT&T to Load iPhones With Emergency Alerts From Obama – That You Can't Switch Off: Once installed, AMBER and Emergency alerts are automatically sent to your phone unless you switch them off via Settings. However, should you be tired of Obama, just know that there’s no way to switch off Presidential alerts More
Obama Does Not Believe Vast NSA Spying On Citizens' Digital Data Violates Their Privacy, says his Chief of Staff: Amazing, says VNS - It's more likely that he doesn't give a damn whether it does or not More
Americans: Fighting for Freedom in all the Wrong Places? They need to be in America! Operation Vigilant Eagle Wages War On Returning Veterans: The paranoia of Obama and his resulting war on citizens is beyond belief - "The one common thread that connects all totalitarian regimes is the willingness to make war against its own citizens. Paranoia, insecurity and evil define the leadership" More
The city council is at it again and VNS municipal blogger Bob O'Connor is ripping their shorts down to expose their stupidity or a deliberately criminal 'shell game' it is playing with the citizens.
Sure the council says the city will give a single developer $18 MILLION of our tax dollars to guarantee him a profit for his private pipe-dream of 'restoring' the old Cavalier on the Hill. And like a little child who might not get his way? The developer is holding the city's stupid leadership hostage: Give me the dough or I bring in a wrecking ball!
O'Connor wants to know what the $18 MILLION includes: Interest? Based on past mismanagement, 'Probably not,' says O'Connor.
O'Connor goes on to list the council's pitiful track record of over-estimating benefits from past projects to to under-estimating benefits to the public.
Follow the trail: How your tax dollars are only benefiting bankers (Mayor Will Sessoms) and the developer (Bruce Thompson - once convicted of jury tampering, but now pretending to be a model citizen).
Does this place begin to smell like Chicago? Yup! Read O'Connor's take on his VNS blog.
We apologize for not remaining vigilant in protecting your freedom. We have allowed liberalism to redefine what America is without lifting a finger to stop this momentum. Though I have always voted since becoming eligible, I never wanted anything to do with politics; I was naive to the point of thinking that my government would always do the right thing to protect my freedom.
That was a huge mistake.
It was not until I heard candidate Obama say he wanted to fundamentally change America and talked of Joe the Plumber about redistributing the wealth that an alarm went off for me. That alarm said, “This is Communism.” Finally I woke up to reality and you must also if you are to remain free.
The challenges ahead for you are great, but you must do all you can to stay alert and join with others for the fight of your life. Whatever you do, don’t put your head in the sand and pretend that everything will work out in the end. Be assured it will not.
There were forces at work early in the 20th century to begin forming a one-world government. It began when the United Nations was formed to take up the mantle. The goal was to form a one-world government, a one-world currency and one-world religion.
The premise was that this would create a utopia where everyone would be at peace and poverty would be eliminated. A world devastated by war was anxious to accept any plan that assured peace.
But, there has been no peace in the years that followed, because many thousands of Americans have died in undeclared wars.
But, the move toward a one-world government has continued. Not only has it continued but also it has accelerated in the last 15 years. United Nations policies are now in every state, every county and in every home in America. You may think that is impossible.
Do your own research on Agenda 21 (Sustainable Development) UNESCO and Common Core Education (not in Virginia but in 45 of the 50 states.)
This idea is called “Socialism” and is in direct opposition to our constitution. It is intended to supplant religion with a doctrine grounded on science than revelation.
Please start paying attention during these critical times before it is too late. Remember it’s your future.
They’ve dodged and weaved and hemmed and hawed and spun the whole country into a financial quagmire.
That quagmire is the Democratic Party.
Is staying in Washington with all those amazing perks and groupie sex and political power more important than one’s sworn duty and obligation to one’s nation?
We’ve only had one president since John F Kennedy who placed America first, before himself. Ronald Reagan, whom the Left reviled, and hated.
Do you know where your commander in chief was the night of the Benghazi attacks? From all accounts he went to bed, after being informed, and flew off to Las Vegas the next morning for a political rally.
What’s become of honor, duty, and country? Congressional approval rating is 6%. Obama just plunged to 28%.
Who cares when you’re having fun?
The president says many wonderful things, but he’s not a man of his word.
The emerging scandals all over Smoke & Mirrors Land are Obama’s legacy.
That leaves us with a herd of political numbskulls, socialist and communist czars running the country, $17 trillion in debt, unemployment at 15%, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Larry Henry Louisville,TN
The American People, egged on by a complicit media, cheered on the destruction of liberty in the name of security and financed the most horrific Orwellian spy network in the history of the world.
Catherine Crabill - Irvington, VA
by John P. Kuchta Jr., AKA Capt. Crawdad, AKA (ANTI) Jihad John
In the words of a potential 2016 US Presidential candidate, "What does it matter?" (Ed Note - when asked about aiding and abetting the murders of 4 Americans in Behghazi)
Wait until Obama steps into WWIII, fighting the Russians, Hezbollah, Iran and possibly China in Syria and the world.
In North America, The Quds, special Iranian forces, will attack en masse across the US / Mexican border and from staging points inside the US.
They have been training Mexican drug cartels and the vicious MS13 drug gang. (Ed Note - Aided and abetted by illegal guns run into Mexico by the Obama administration). Easy targets will be Christian churches, schools, shopping malls and Jewish temples.
The Quds are trained in high explosives like C4 and Semtec, RPG's, IED's and such. Wow! I almost forgot to mention the shoulder-fired, anti-aircraft missiles looted from Gadhafi's arsenals.
It is estimated that Gadhafi had as many as 20,000 of these missiles before Obama started bombing his forces. For a guy who was essentially a third world dictator with plenty of oil, he was reputed to own THE LARGEST arsenal of these missiles IN THE WORLD!
What missiles haven't already been shipped to anti-Assad forces in Syria by our own CIA have made their way up from transfer points in South and Central America into the Unites States proper. Where are the missiles stored? How about in the basements of radical mosques across the US?
But, our terror fighters won't raid mosques. No, they would much rather ineffectively "data mine," your calls and emails and mine, to not find terrorists.
The Ruskies told the FBI twice and the CIA once that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a jihadist; but, Tamerlan asserted that he wasn't when interviewed by the FBI.
That man is "ethnically sensitive." That's an important trait for a FBI crime-buster these days. The big boys, like Robert "I don't know" Mueller, have their beady eyes trained on the interrogator for bigger and better things.
J. Edgar Hoover may have been a cross dresser, but he knew a bad guy when he saw one. It must be a hoot to see who wins the annual "J. Edgar Hoover Agent of the Year" award. I'll just bet that being a cross-gendered individual, or at least a gay or lesbian agent puts you way out in front of the Irish and Italian agent hold-overs from the bad old days of door-busting, drug-seizing and Mafia arresting.
It's that "sensitivity thingee" again. I MUST BECOME MORE SENSITIVE!
I know, they can shift the failed jihadist interrogator to the IRS and he can grill Tea Party types for the names of their grandchildren!
That should knock terrorism in America down a peg or two. Dog gone those fiscal and social conservatives!
Re: Cavalier hotel sale
Why am I not surprised when the “entrepreneur” who wants to purchase the hotel wants some of my tax money.
Bob Michel - Virginia Beachj
The American public has faced a near-continual bombardment of depressing news emanating from inside The Beltway over the past few months. Every now and then, however, there is a spark of hope and encouragement that comes along to re-kindle one's faith in the future of the Republic. For example:
- Ray Costner, valedictorian of his graduating class at Liberty High School in Pickens County, SC: Submitted a PC graduation speech for approval, adhering to the school district's rules that bans prayers or references to specific religions. Once on the podium, however, he tore up that speech and stated, "I'm so glad my parents led me to the Lord at a young age. And I think most of you will understand when I say..."
He then led the audience in the Lord's Prayer. Afterwards, the audience wildly cheered his courageous stand.
- Florida Republican Governor Rick Scott: Vetoed a bill that would have granted driver's licenses to illegals. Wouldn't it be great if the Commonwealth of Virginia's supposed Republican governor actually had this guy's moxie?
- Pro Bowl center Matt Birk of the NFL champions, Baltimore Ravens: Refused to meet the President at the White House because of the President's comments in which he stated, "God Bless Planned Parenthood." This guy; a devout, pro-life Catholic; isn't your usual grad of a football factory university, but rather graduated from Harvard with a degree in economics. This really must be driving the liberal intelligentsia mad!
Amid all the bad news, let us take heart in knowing there are still Americans, unwilling to bend to the false god of PC, who choose to take a stand for what they believe. Let us take a moment and cheer the latest of these. Their stories certainly made me feel better. Perhaps the folks at CIA and NSA also will feel better when they read this.
Tom Holmes - Virginia Beach
- 2nd District Rep. shows his RINO colors: Refuses to back party's black candidate for Lieutenant Governor
- Military source comfirms Syria is using Sarin gas from Iraq
- Forget pop tart guns, Noah Paul clicked the real things in elementary school
- Republic v. Democracy: Lynch mob is Democracy in Action
- AFL-CIO buying information to spy on U.S. citizens
- Instead of sending our money to bastards who think it's OK to have sex with 11 YO girls - Lets use funds to build safe rooms for tornado alley schools
- Texsport Recalls Cedar Lake Heater/Cookers Due to Fire Hazard
- Stride Rite Recalls Girl’s Sandals Due to Choking Hazard
- Salsa Cycles Recalls Bicycle Forks Due to Fall Hazard
- Country Life Recalls Target-Mins Iron Supplement Bottles Due to Lack of Child-Resistant Packaging
- Philips Recalls Metal Halide Lamps Due to Fire, Laceration Hazards
- Gerber Recalls Machetes with Stitched Sheaths Due to Laceration Hazard
- IKEA Recalls LYDA Jumbo Coffee/Tea Cups Due to Burn Hazard
- DiveAlert Emergency Signaling Devices Recalled by Ideations Due to Drowning Hazard
- Fred Meyer Recalls “Chicken Dance” Easter Chicks Due to Hearing Damage Hazard
- Teavana Recalls Glass Tea Tumblers Due To Laceration and Burn Hazards
- New Silicone Breast Implants Approved
- Women Better at Remembering Faces, Study Finds
- Pent-Up Stress Could Harm Health of Middle-Aged Women
- Can You Skip Antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection?
- Childhood Abuse Tied to Food Addiction in Women: Study
- Women's Weight-Loss Surgery May Benefit Later Offspring
- Women Less Likely to Get Trauma Center Care After Injury: Study
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Modern technology finds the lost city of Mahendraparvata
- Kate Middleton's royal baby might be worth $400 million (to the British economy)
- Revolutionary technique lets scientists 'see' with sound – underwater
- Kate Spade and eBay roll out a miracle of modern shopping
- Poisoned N.J. flight: Ranting man restrained by passengers
- N.J. flight: Man yells he'll be poisoned. Gets tackled, bound.
- Utah church shooting: 'Evil will not prevail,' says priest
- Should you cheer on Abenomics?
- Supreme Court: For right to remain silent, a suspect must speak
- NASA's new astronaut class marks changing of guard for US spaceflight
- Seeking a Syria consensus despite US-Russia divide
- Obama: NSA secret data gathering 'transparent'
- Court: Ariz. citizenship proof law illegal
- Military plans would put women in most combat jobs
- Rowhani's 'path of moderation' also shows limits
- Still no Hoffa after 1st day of latest search
- Ex-hitman: I was heartbroken Bulger was informant
- Airborne laser reveals city under Cambodian earth
- Chrysler expected to formally refuse Jeep recall
- Bruins beat Blackhawks 2-0, lead Cup finals 2-1
- General Atomics to Sell Unarmed Predator Drones to Foreign Countries
- Report: US Drops in High School, College Grad Rates
- TRAILER: Martin Scorsese's 'Wolf of Wall Street' Starring Leonardo DiCaprio
- West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin Fights Back Against Gun Groups Unhappy With His Support of...
- Hoffa Family 'Forced to Relive the Loss' as FBI Agents Excavate Michigan Field
- FBI Makes 500th Addition to Most Wanted Fugitives List
- Ted Cruz Vows to Offer Immigration Amendment in Reaction to Court's Arizona Decision
- Snowden: Obama's 'Draconian' Response Only Makes Better Hackers
- Supreme Court Ruling Will Make it Harder to Impose Mandatory Minimums on Drug Offenders
- Drone Strikes on American Citizens Banned in New Defense Bill Amendment
- June 14, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- May 24, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- May 22, 2013 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- Secret Government Snooping Will Stay Mostly Secret
- Rocky Times for Developing Markets
- Don't Toss Your Tax Returns
- How to Raise Your Child's Financial IQ
- Create Your Own Summer Camp for Less
- New Online Tool Reveals What Hospitals Charge
- Economics 101
- 4 Annuity Mistakes to Avoid
- Father's Day Advice From Around the Web
- No Reason to Fear a Housing Bubble
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- Toxic Workplace Friends
- Coping In A Toxic Work Environment
- 7 Management Practices That Can Improve Employee Productivity
- Researchers Begin To Flesh Out The Red Meat-Type 2 Diabetes Connection
- 5 Transitions Great Leaders Make That Average Leaders Don't
- Eight Ways Goofing Off Can Make You More Productive
- 9 Tips For Boosting Productivity At Work This Summer
- What Marie Forleo Taught Me About Selling My Soul
- Twenty Female Entrepreneurs To Follow On Twitter
- QVC Millionaire: Home Shopping Queen Tara McConnell On How To Talk To Customers