In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Birth Control Options (Types and Side Effects)
- Another Study Questions Mammography Screening
- Vulvodynia (Vaginal Pain)
- For Many Women, Sex Gets Better at Midlife
- Botox Beats Implant for Urinary Incontinence in Women
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Hot Flashes, Mood Woes?
- Ovarian Cysts
- Here's what crippled the internet
- Two years after Laquan McDonald's death, a proposal to recall elected officials
- Why is support for marijuana legalization hitting record heights?
- When American elections were rigged: How did the US stop electoral fraud?
- Bush’s letter to Clinton: Even bitter elections can bring polite power transfers
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg prepares for her operatic debut
- Did the Viking rover actually discover signs of life on Mars in 1976?
- Did the East Coast just suffer a massive cyberattack?
- 'Rigged election' claims: What they say about the culture of grievance
- Brexit could create world's largest tobacco company
- Clinton TV ad hits Trump hard; he promises an all-out effort
- Clinton campaign ponders 'what if' Trump doesn't concede
- Police: Powder mailed to Clinton campaign not harmful
- Cyberattacks on key internet firm disrupt internet services
- IS assault on Iraq's Kirkuk ends after 24-hour battle
- Report: Syrian government blamed for 3rd chemical attack
- No discipline for Minneapolis cops in Jamar Clark slaying
- Venezuela braces for turbulence after recall is stalled
- Charles Barkley has something to say about race in America
- AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the past week
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- How Much Social Security Benefits Will Go Up in 2017
- 9 Best Stocks to Buy Amid Market Turmoil
- 10 Blue-Chip Stocks You Should Sell Right Now
- 4 Retirement Planning Pitfalls to Avoid
- 4 Things to Know Now About Black Friday 2016
- The Biggest Mistakes Investors Make
- How $5 and the Stash App Turned Me Into an Investor
- Why You Should Invest in Dividend-Paying Stocks
- How Much Are You Paying for Investing Fees?
- October Is National Financial Planning Month