In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Experts Continue to Scale Back Annual Pap Smear
- Breast Reconstruction Often Involves Multiple Operations
- Study Casts Doubt on Use of Common Antibiotic for UTIs in Women
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Breast Augmentation
- Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says
- Women With Grandkids May Leave Workforce Sooner
- Breast Self Exam
- Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers Act Differently in Each Woman: Study
- Strong quake rocks Papua New Guinea, local tsunami possible
- Obama taps Marine general Joseph Dunford as Joint Chiefs chairman
- Anti-Muhammad cartoon contest: Free speech or deliberately provocative?
- How would climate change regulations help now? Study seeks answer.
- Nepal earthquake: how one US aircraft could make a big difference (+video)
- Boston bombing trial: Tsarnaev breaks stoic facade, blows kiss to tearful aunt (+video)
- Bernie Sanders: Can Vermont's favorite uncle catch on outside the state? (+video)
- Ben Carson says he's running: Any chance he'll win in 2016? (+video)
- At violent protests in Israel, new generation of Ethiopian Jews is heard
- What is 'My Brother's Keeper Alliance'? (+video)
- Accused Texas gunman was former target of FBI terror probe
- Baltimore police: Man arrested near scene of recent riots
- In Arkansas, Huckabee poised to launch 2nd White House bid
- Boston Marathon bomber shows emotion for 1st time at trial
- Substance or Style? Labour leader banks on geek appeal
- APNewsBreak: Marine general chosen Joint Chiefs chairman
- Afghan poppy farmers say new seeds will boost opium output
- Venezuelan rum industry succeeding despite country's woes
- Obama jokes with Letterman about post-retirement life
- Rihanna in queen's garb shuts down Met Gala carpet
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 6 Great Stock Picks for an Aging Bull Market
- Investors, Stay Sane in a Crazy Market
- 7 Great Credit Unions Anyone Can Join
- Surprising Credit-Card Purchases That Don't Earn You Rewards
- How Snowbirds Can Trim Tax Bills in Retirement
- 5 Great Technologies Launched Via Crowdfunding
- How to Get Deals on Mother's Day Gifts
- Why You Should Sell in May and Go Away
- 3 Reasons Women Will Never Retire
- Municipal Bonds Still a Good Buy