In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Many Male Docs May Overlook Female Heart Risks: Study
- Vaginal Bleeding
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Base Quit-Smoking Day on Menstrual Cycle?
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Could ancient wheat species play a big role in the future of food?
- From popularity to a deeper sense of worth
- A 'good looking' chocolate chip cookie recipe
- Your grandchild may never own a car, says Navigant Research
- How will the Brexit vote affect the cost of European travel?
- Why I read a poem a day
- Eight suicide bombers target Lebanese Christian village
- Report says South African leader should pay $507,000
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- California wildfire 'most destructive' in county history
- EU leaders plot a future without Britain, demand answers
- Generation EU: British vote often pitted old against young
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Supreme Court ruling imperils abortion laws in many states
- Trump's Muslim ban: From simple clarity to plain confusion
- How Clinton's and Trump's economic prescriptions clash
- House Republicans' report faults Obama on Benghazi attacks
- Volkswagen settles emissions-cheating cases for $14.7B
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history, has died at 64
- Jason Day says Zika fears will keep him out of Rio Olympics
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- When It Comes to Investment Advice, Humans Beat Computers
- The Only Investment Advice You'll Ever Need
- Great Foreign Stocks That Pay Big Dividends
- 5 High-Yielding REITs for Dividend Investors
- Reasons to Shop at Walmart (Even If You Hate Walmart)
- This 5-Stock Portfolio Makes the Perfect Summer Gift
- Why I'm Growing Cautious About the Markets
- Why Investing Is No Mystery to Me
- Worst States for Retirement 2016
- How to Super-Fund a Roth IRA