In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Nourison Recalls Rugs Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot
- Insolroll Recalls Roller Shades with Solar and Rechargeable Motors Due to Fire Hazard
- Lea Industries Recalls Children’s Beds Due to Fall Hazard
- Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Maker Due to Burn and Fire Hazards; New Instructions Provided
- Deezo Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Optimus Recalls Portable Electric Heaters Due to Fire Hazard
- Meijer Recalls Touch Point Baseboard Convection Heaters Due to a Fire Hazard
- Toro Recalls Zero Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard
- Family Dollar Stores Recalls Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters Due to Overheating and Fire Hazards
- Women Less Likely to Get Trauma Center Care After Injury: Study
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Could Adaptable Bacteria Cause Repeat Urinary Tract Infections?
- Pelvic Exam
- Exercise May Lower Older Women's Risk for Kidney Stones
- Longer Wait for Mammogram After Benign Breast Biopsy May Be Warranted
- Implants May Delay Breast Cancer Detection, Raise Death Risk
- Blood Test May Catch Deadly Fungal Infection Quickly
- Obama’s struggle: How free should the press be?
- Would a US 'drone court' to authorize drone strikes be a good idea?
- Can Senate candidate Gabriel Gomez help GOP repair its image among Latinos?
- How cockroaches evolved so as to bypass 'roach motels'
- Memorial Day travel: myth-busting tips to save gas
- Stocks barely move as market ends week down
- Energy secretary calls for review of US natural gas exports
- Space station astronauts snap amazing photos of Alaskan volcanic eruption
- In soggy North Dakota, hopes rise that floodwaters won't
- Why did our ancestors start walking upright? Ancient terrain may hold clue.
- Soldier's slaying prompts UK security review
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Key figures in racial profiling lawsuit in Ariz
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Obama's drone rules leave unanswered questions
- Syrian regime OKs peace talks amid skepticism
- After vote on gay youth, Scouts face more turmoil
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- What They Found In Lincoln’s Pockets the Night He Was Shot
- Trayvon Martin's Texts Matter, George Zimmerman Defense Attorneys Say
- Snowe: Reid and McConnell are Responsible for Senate Breakdown
- Boy Scouts Allowing Gay Youth OK With Mormon Church
- Why Health Care and Immigration Is a Dangerous Combination
- Radio Talk Show Host Plans 'Impeach Obama March' for Flag Day
- Life Discovered in Earth's Coldest Environment Yet
- A Q&A With Obama Heckler Medea Benjamin on Protests, Drones and Gitmo
- German Brewers Fear Fracking Could Damage Centuries-Old Industry
- Police: I-5 Bridge Collapse in Washington State Likely Caused by Truck
- May 24, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- May 22, 2013 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- April 16, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- April 3, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Ground Beef
- Mining States Feel Pinch of Commodities Slump
- How Stores' Price-Match Policies Compare
- Retirees Return to College Just for the Fun of It
- Spending Wisely Advice From Around the Web
- Does a Spate of Manager Departures at T. Rowe Price Signal Trouble?
- Turbulent Days Ahead for Bond Investors
- 4 Stocks Set to Gain from Rising Security Needs
- Protect Your Finances From Dog Bites
- Small Businesses To Face Mortgage Squeeze
- 8 Ways Baby-Boomers Are Reinventing Retirement
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- April 3, 2012 [FINAL Update]: Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Raw...
- As More Alzheimer's Drugs Fail, Researchers Find Hope In Vitamins And Spice
- Graduation and College Cartoons
- Long Robes And Silly Hats: What Is Graduation?
- How You Can Benefit From All Your Stress
- Print Pretty Looks Inspired By Katie Couric
- For Fitness Upstart, Three's Company
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parent's Loneliness
- Sexist Women Bosses
- Women and Money: It's All About Relationships
- Interviewing With A Friend? 5 Rules To Follow