In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- NBA title within reach for Warriors, led by Curry
- India’s heat ushers in mango season
- In praise of dandelions
- With passage of USA Freedom Act, Congress tweaks security-privacy balance
- More than 10 million enrolled this year under Obama's health law
- Elephants face 'catastrophic' decline in Tanzania
- Former Maryland man held at Guantanamo alleges CIA torture
- Native American student sues to wear eagle feather at graduation
- FBI spy planes: Who's mystery man 'Robert Lindley'?
- Man shot by law enforcement in Boston was monitored by terrorism task force
- Interpol issues 'red notice' for 6 linked to FIFA probe
- The Latest: South Africa denies $10M payment was WCup bribe
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Questions and answers about newly approved USA Freedom Act
- China escalates effort to recover missing from capsized ship
- The Latest on China Boat Sinking: Pope prays for victims
- Police: Man shot dead lunged at police officer, FBI agent
- California's largest lake threatened by urban water transfer
- With Medal of Honor award, family learns WWI hero wasn't kin
- N. Korea races to boost power in time for party anniversary
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Don't Give Up on Actively Managed Mutual Funds
- 5 Stock Picks for Value Investors
- Is It Too Late to Invest in Health Care?
- 3 Bargain Stocks to Beat the Market
- Being a Clever Investor Isn't Always Smart
- The Secret to Safely Investing in Biotech
- Can You Afford to Live Without Flood Insurance?
- Food Freebies: Free Donuts on June 5
- 10 Reasons Millennials Need to Own Stocks
- Best Things to Buy Organic at Walmart