In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- US wildlife officials have failed the world's last red wolves, judge rules
- Abbas attends Peres's funeral, honoring legacy as 'partner for peace'
- Why some cities thrive as economic engines
- How to revamp your apartment for less than $50 per room
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore suspended over stance on gay marriage
- Why California's 'snoozer' Senate election is actually important
- EU Paris ratification: world leaders' response to the US elections?
- Did Mars's crust contribute to its atmosphere?
- Pumpkin cream cheese bread pudding with streusel topping
- How Colorado plans to curb accidental pot consumption
- Analysis: Trump won't change; he can't let go of a grudge
- Clinton in a landslide _ in endorsements: Do they matter?
- Investigators want to question engineer in Hoboken crash
- Peres, remembered for tireless peace efforts, laid to rest
- Syrian monitor: Russian airstrikes killed 9,300 in past year
- US official: Hackers targeted election systems of 20 states
- 14-year-old boy charged in father's killing, school shooting
- Q&A: Will Deutsche Bank become the next Lehman?
- Zika illnesses are mild at worst in US teens, young children
- Europe's comet probe Rosetta ends 12-year mission with crash
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Wells Fargo: 'Gutless Leadership' or Buying Opportunity?
- What's the Better Value for Investors: Amazon or Alphabet?
- 6 New Reasons to Shop at Target
- 6 Critical Questions to Ask Before Investing in a Stock
- What Should Bond Investors Do Now?
- Best College Majors for Your Career 2016-2017
- For a Healthy Vacation, Take a Walk
- Gasoline Prices to Trend Lower
- How to Tap Your Retirement Savings Penalty-Free
- When Is the Perfect Time to Invest?