In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Later Start, Finish to Menstruation May Extend Women's Lives
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Menopause: Not All Hot Flashes Are Created Equal
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- Bone Density Scan
- Hormone Therapy Won't Help Memory After Menopause
- Monthly Vaginal Ring May Help Protect Against HIV
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- 1st HPV Test for Use With Preservative Fluid
- Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
- From Melania to Hillary, political tradition of cribbing quotes is thriving
- Get ready: midnight Muggle parties for ‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’
- New Sandy Hook school balances beauty and safety
- What's behind Indonesia's executions of drug traffickers?
- Officer says prosecutors silenced him about Sandra Bland case
- C is for Change: 'Sesame Street' drops veteran cast members
- Can drones speak whale? No, but they can come close
- Judges strike down North Carolina voter ID law, citing discrimination
- Apple shifts focus of Project Titan to autonomous car technology
- How beneficial are 'one-to-one' laptop programs in schools?
- Clinton, Trump struggle for national security upper hand
- Convention over, Clinton faces hacking, Trump criticism
- Hacker breaches a computer system Clinton campaign uses
- Questions remain about killing of San Diego policeman
- Courts deal setbacks to GOP voting restrictions in 3 states
- Gaza's Hamas hands out land hoping to avoid financial crisis
- Afghan official: Taliban capture district in Helmand
- Army report: Grenade found in room of Dallas gunman in 2014
- Turkey's Erdogan slams US reaction to failed coup
- Nicaragua electoral authority unseats opposition lawmakers
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 9 Dividend Stocks to Buy With Both Fists
- Hillary Clinton's Investments: Just Plain Boring
- Housing Market Keeps Its Momentum
- What Happens to Your 401(k) When You Die - Like It or Not
- Price Drops at the Gas Pump to Continue
- 7 Things Every Retirement Investor Should Own
- What to Do When You Suspect a Scam
- Beware the Hidden Costs of Mutual Funds
- 3 Ways to Teach Children About Money
- Worst Websites for Online Reviews