In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Bone Density Scan: Who Should Get One
- Uterine Growths
- Video Games May Make Women Pile Up More Than Points
- Computer-Aided Mammograms May Not Be Worth the Cost: Study
- MRIs Before Breast Cancer Surgery on the Rise: Study
- Antidepressants Top Treatment Choice for Severe PMS: Researchers
- ofloxacin, Floxin (Discontinued Brand)
- Health Tip: What May Cause Urinary Incontinence
- Dangers of Vaginal Mesh Surgery for Incontinence May Be Overstated: Study
- Growth Hormone May Lower Odds of Fractures in Older Women
- In final moments before execution, Texas inmate finds forgiveness
- MLB playoffs: Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates in NL Wild Card game
- What will be the first corporation on the moon?
- Online university offers Syrian refugees an opportunity to study for free
- Will China's $2 billion in UN aid buy international respect?
- Ben Carson expounds on the US Constitution in 'A More Perfect Union'
- Millions don't pay federal income tax?
- Caramel apple 'flipped over' cake
- Why a 15-second rap video set Los Angeles police on edge
- Doctors group: Don't brush aside Afghan hospital attack as 'mistake'
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear smugglers sought extremist buyers
- Russia fires missiles as Syrian troops launch ground push
- Round 2: Downstream South Carolina towns brace for flooding
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority?
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon, Connecticut slayings
- As Clinton campaigns, complications with her old boss arise
- Thousands of drug inmates approved for early prison release
- Scientists win Nobel chemistry award for work on DNA repair
- Woman found after actor tweets about her lost student ID
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before Joining Jet.com
- Best Things to Buy on Jet.com
- 4 Core Tech Stocks to Own: AAPL, INTC, MSFT, STX
- 3 Side Jobs for Stay-at-Home Moms and Dads
- Good Stocks That Keep Raising Dividends
- Best T. Rowe Price Funds for Your 401(k)
- Have Emerging Markets Hit Bottom Yet?
- 5 Easy Ways to Save $1,000 by the Holidays
- How to Put an Extra $1,000 in Your Pocket by the Holidays
- Best Languages for Your Career