In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Disease Prevention in Women
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- More reasons Trump-Sanders debate might blow up politics as we know it
- Iowa Supreme Court bans life-without-parole sentences for all juveniles
- Zion Canyon: the handiwork of a colossal rock avalanche
- Ancient marsupial munched on snail, say scientists
- Should sacred tribal objects be for sale? Paris auction angers native Americans.
- Here's what Donald Trump had to say about climate change
- Is the drought making California's beaches cleaner?
- A quilt club gives its work to a shelter for abused women
- How 48-volt mild hybrid systems change their cars
- Wilderness survival: Do hikers rely too much on technology?
- Obama uses Hiroshima visit as opportunity to urge no nukes
- Holiday air travelers get a break from long security lines
- Never mind Trump, GOP uniting under banner: 'Never Hillary'
- Trump tells California 'there is no drought'
- In Iraq's battle for Fallujah, residents gird for long fight
- AP Exclusive: Bridge collapse survivor linked to IS in Syria
- Feds expect more Atlantic tropical storms than last 3 years
- Health experts urge WHO to consider moving Rio Olympics
- Migrant shipwreck survivor says he was under hull, pal died
- Judge orders Johnny Depp to stay away from estranged wife
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 5 Surprising Perks of Amazon Prime
- GDP Growth to Strengthen in Second Half of Year
- Gas Prices Spike Ahead of Memorial Day Weekend
- Help Get Your College Grad Out of Your House and Into a Job
- 6 Smart and Simple Money Tips for New Grads
- Estate Planning for Military Families
- 10 Great Waterfront Vacation Homes
- Why Bonds Still Make Sense in Retirement
- 7 Good Stocks With Hidden Value
- Worst Things to Buy at Memorial Day Sales