In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- More Asian-American Women Getting Breast Cancer
- Early Onset Hot Flashes May Signal Higher Heart Risks
- Misunderstood Gene Tests May Lead to Unnecessary Mastectomies
- Mammogram Guidelines Have Changed, But Are Doctors Listening?
- 'Menstrual Cycle in a Dish' Explores Intricacies of Female Body
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (ALCL)
- Genetic Testing: Families With Breast Cancer
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Infertility Treatment: 7 Tips to Manage Stress
- Could these mastodon bones rewrite the history of the Americas?
- Despite recovery, humpback whales still suffer from ship strikes
- A middle way forward for a divided France? Macron voters hope so.
- Need a ride in farm country or in a distant exurb? How one company wants...
- To fight domestic violence among Syrian refugees, an outreach to men
- 'Flying car' to go on sale by end of year
- Boston sees slow progress on race in police stops
- Trump tax cuts may be a hard sell in light of growing national debt
- China launches its first domestically made aircraft carrier
- As anti-ISIS campaign grinds on, Mosul's businesses start rebuilding
- Trump proposes dramatic tax cuts for companies big and small
- Trump: national monuments a 'massive federal land grab'
- 'I'll be praying for you:' Americans assess Trump's 100 days
- Conservative caucus backs GOP health bill but fate uncertain
- Neanderthals in California? Maybe so, provocative story says
- Those caught up in 1992 LA riot reflect on causes, changes
- Jonathan Demme, 'Silence of the Lambs' director, dead at 73
- UC Berkeley braces for violence if Ann Coulter speaks or not
- Canadian firefighters rescue woman from crane in Toronto
- Johnny Depp's former managers call him 'habitual liar'
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 5 Must-Do's to Start with for Retirement Success
- Make Charitable Giving a Win-Win Part Of Your Wealth Plan
- 7 Things You Should Never Include in Your Cover Letter
- 7 Blue-Chip Stocks Every Investor Should Own
- Gas Prices to Head Higher This Spring
- 7 Reasons to Hire a Retirement Income Specialist
- When Two Policies Collide -- What Should 401(k) Plan Sponsors Do About Retirees?
- 10 Dividend Stocks That Will Deliver Double-Digit Returns Every Year
- Taking Required Minimum Distributions From a SEP IRA
- Roth IRAs: A Great Tool for Investors Looking for Tax Efficiency