In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Is Compromise More Likely When Women Are Part of the Decision?
- Child Abuse May Shorten Some Women's Lives
- Injected Drug May Help Fight Osteoporosis in Women
- Endometrial Ablation
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Pay Gaps Persist for Female Doctors Across the U.S.: Study
- Didronel (etidronate)
- Why the 'Tufts-Love' T. rex teenager is so special
- Delphi, Mobileye promises self-driving system by 2019
- What Teddy Roosevelt can teach us about cybersecurity
- For Clinton, presidency and a foundation may not mix
- Labor board says graduate students can unionize
- Bestselling books the week of 8/25/16, according to IndieBound
- Feds say, no more frolicking with Hawaii dolphins
- Bikes lanes all across the world are evolving
- Why peace is prevailing, for now, in south Lebanon
- Central American child refugees continue to pour into the US
- Deputies: Mom killed newborn by putting him in refrigerator
- Many donors to Clinton Foundation met with her at State
- Trump aides covertly fought freeing of Ukraine prisoner
- Obama vows support for Louisiana after the 'cameras leave'
- Prisoner not seen publicly since 2002 at Gitmo hearing
- Turkey, Syrian Kurds on track for conflict in northern Syria
- Ex-host sues Fox claiming sexual harassment, retaliation
- AP NewsBreak: Feds want to ban swimming with Hawaii dolphins
- Fists not football: Brain injuries seen in domestic assaults
- Howard Johnson's restaurant to close, leaving only 1 more
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 7 Best Dividend Stocks You've Never Heard Of
- 5 Trendy Housing Options That Are Cheaper Than Renting
- 5 Dividend Stocks to Consider Selling
- 8 Worst Things to Buy at Dollar Stores
- 3 Best Dividend Stocks Owned by Warren Buffett
- 8 Things Kohl's Shoppers Need to Know
- 5 Ways to Save on Back-to-School Shopping
- 5 Stocks With Rising Dividends for 50 Years in a Row
- Climb the Money Ladder at Work
- Things You Should Never Buy at Dollar Stores