In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Women's Health
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- Who else is buried in King Tut's tomb? Perhaps a queen, says one Egyptologist.
- Why did Black Friday sales suffer this year?
- What we owe Earth's other predators
- In Arkansas, a growing population of 'climate change refugees'
- Japan's Antarctic whale hunt reignites war of words
- Voters go to polls in Burkina Faso in test of new democracy
- Israel cuts out EU peace representatives over West Bank labeling
- Canadian brothers free trapped bald eagle, take selfie with it
- Colorado shootings point to abortion debate dominated by extremes
- Few signs of reconciliation as Russia enacts sanctions against Turkey
- The Latest: Hollande, Ban greet leaders for climate talks
- Key sticking points in UN climate talks
- 'No more baby parts': Reclusive suspect's words draw focus
- Kevorkian archive opens as physician-assisted deaths rise
- Pope Francis meets with Muslims in Central African Republic
- Trump scraps endorsement event after black pastors object
- Weather, flights aid post-Thanksgiving travel efforts
- HIV-positive doctor says his dog saved his life
- NY program uses phone calls, text messages to teach English
- '12 Days of Christmas' items top $34K, up 0.6 percent
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 10 Best Gift Cards to Give This Holiday Season
- How to Get Free Shipping for Holiday Gifts
- Worst Things to Buy During the Holidays
- People You Should Tip for the Holidays
- 13 Ways to Waste Money During the Holidays
- Things Not to Keep In Your Wallet During Holidays
- 22 Ways to Earn Extra Cash for the 2015 Holidays
- Who Not to Tip for the Holidays
- Get the Best Deal on a Diamond Ring
- Great Places to Retire in Every State