In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Many Women With Chronic Ills Don't Use Online Tools
- Uterine Growths
- 'Yo-Yo Dieting' Hard on Older Women's Hearts: Study
- norethindrone (oral - Camila, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Nor QD, Nora-BE, Ortho Micronor, Incassia)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Women Brace for Changes to Health Benefits
- Self-Exam of Breast Should Be Thorough
- Characteristics of Female Sexual Satisfaction
- Cranberry Products May Not Prevent UTIs: Study
- Breast Augmentation
- Snow in Hawaii: Why the locals aren't surprised
- Vladimir Putin sees Trump as key to eased sanctions: Why that's important
- How to protect your credit card information during the holidays
- The cavalry arrives: Veterans bring 'symbolic value' and support to Standing Rock
- Trump's treasury secretary pick has a very different tax plan than his boss
- Suspension of flag-stomping teacher upheld: Is teacher speech protected?
- Why a Virginia school considers banning two American classics
- Could Pluto’s icy ocean harbor life?
- Why American Airlines is cutting back on flights to Cuba
- Is Keith Ellison the future of the DNC?
- 9 killed in Oakland warehouse fire, dozens more feared dead
- Trump shrugs off fuss over Taiwan call
- For now, Trump bears signs of a dealmaker, not a policymaker
- Bergdahl seeks pardon from Obama to avert desertion trial
- McConnell cautions replacement to health law to take time
- Israeli TV journalist becomes a thorn in Netanyahu's side
- Within hours, wildfires set Tennessee mountain city aflame
- Universities exploring 'sanctuary' status for immigrants
- Guns at zoos? Texas says no while struggling to tame rules
- Teyana Taylor advises Kanye on recovery: "Take your time"
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Best Things to Buy at Dollar Stores for the Holidays
- Flying High By Managing Risk In Wealth Management
- Why Your Financial Professionals Should Work Together
- Overlooked Tax Deductions
- Preferred Stocks Paying 5% or More to Income Investors
- 7 Tips for Talking to Millennials About Money
- 3 Tech Stocks to Buy for Extraordinary Dividends
- Ways to Shop at Whole Foods Without Going Broke
- Strangest State Taxes from Around the U.S.
- 8 Stocks to Buy Now for 2017