In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Birth Control Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- tranexamic acid (Lysteda)
- Having More Kids May Slow Mom's Aging, Study Says
- Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says
- Some Women Face Geographic Barriers to Breast Reconstruction
- Pap Smear
- Suppository Eases Vaginal Dryness in Small Study
- FDA Tightens Rules for Using Mesh Implants in Women's Surgery
- clindamycin vaginal suppository (Cleocin)
- Breast Ultrasound, Mammography May Be Equally Effective: Study
- Super Bowl 50 preview: Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers
- Anti-Islam movement stages anti-immigration protests across Europe
- New Hampshire: What to watch for in the primary vote
- Why drought might be the new normal for the Southwest
- Super Bowl surprise? Why North Korea may be launching its rocket early
- Astronaut Edgar Mitchell: A legacy of research and moon walking
- Why meeting between pope and Russian church leader is a big deal
- Turkey faces pressure as thousands of Syrians gather at border
- Search for possible survivors of Los Angeles midair crash suspended
- Republican debate: Why Rubio is bigger target than Trump
- The Latest: GOP candidates say Clinton not a threat
- Taiwan rescuers find signs of life in quake rubble
- North Korea fires rocket seen as covert missile test
- Rubio faces barrage of attacks in Republican debate
- Turkey under pressure as Syrians mass at border
- States taking action to keep guns out of abusers' hands
- Chicago officer sues estate of teen he shot, claiming trauma
- Somali officials: Suicide bomber may have blown hole in jet
- Favre, Stabler, Harrison, Greene, Pace, Dungy voted to Hall
- MVP Newton, Watt, Rivera, Berry big winners of NFL awards
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Job Market Shows Underlying Strength
- More Near-Term Price Declines for Oil Likely
- 5 Ways to Invest in Emerging Markets While They're Cheap
- Overseas Woes, Strong Dollar Boost U.S. Trade Deficit
- Worst State for Retirement When It Comes to Taxes
- Cheap S&P 500 Stocks to Buy Now
- How to Get the Best Deal on a New Car in 2016
- Can You Take a Tax Break for Going Gluten-Free?
- Apple's Stock Is Becoming Too Cheap to Ignore
- 4 Ways to Save on Gym Memberships