In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Evolution May Explain Why a Curvy Bottom Drives Men Wild
- Restraining Order Often Costly for Women
- Early Onset Hot Flashes May Point to Raised Heart Disease Risk
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Lower Levels of Key Nutrients in Women
- Mammogram Rates May Fall When Women Learn of 'Overdiagnosis' Risk
- Low Cancer Risk With Device Used to Remove Fibroids, Study Finds
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Clinton advisers traveling to New Hampshire, Iowa
- Singapore police arrest teen for online criticism of Christianity
- Could Trevor Noah be just what 'The Daily Show' needs? (+video)
- Indiana law: Does freedom of religion mean freedom to discriminate? (+video)
- New high-end HTC One M9 phone doesn’t offer a whole lot of new (+video)
- Apple CEO Tim Cook speaks out against 'religous freedom' laws (+video)
- Do Rubio and Lee have a secret plan to help poor families?
- Why Luke Skywalker's binary sunset may be real after all (+video)
- Why experts think China launched the cyberattacks against GitHub
- Why White House cannot afford to ignore Yemen civil war (+video)
- Differences persist on deadline day for Iran nuke talks
- Fight over religious objection proposals shifts to Arkansas
- NSA: Car smashes into police vehicle at Fort Meade; 1 dead
- Despondent Gazans return to destroyed homes
- Student loan recipients go on repayment strike, face default
- Tsarnaev's lawyers try to show brother in charge of bombing
- Liberal Dems, GOP cling to hope Warren runs for president
- AP Exclusive: Big rigs often go faster than tires can handle
- Clinton also used iPad for email; mixed personal, work chats
- '76 Hoosiers hoping Kentucky can pull off perfect quest
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- The Financial Pros and Cons of Getting Married Later in Life
- Retire on the Road
- 11 Reasons You Just Overpaid at the Store
- 4 Great Fidelity Stock Funds for Retirement Savers
- Don't Throw Away These Tax Records
- What to Do If Someone Files a Tax Return in Your Name
- Costly Social Security Mistakes
- Best Times to Buy Household Appliances
- What Happens When the Insurer of Your Annuity Goes Broke?
- 6 Smart Things to Say When You Are Buying a Car