In comments on a Virginian-Pilot column, Michael Barrett, CEO of Runnymede Corp. called member of the Beach General Assembly delegation members of the Taliban (Terrorists). He made the remark in slamming voters for the election of John Moss to the City Council.
|He said: "Of course, that is what happens when the majority (of the voters) does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates.|
Isn't it amazing that the Runnymede Corporation, a company owned by the Fine family of Virginia Beach would allow its CEO Barrett to continue making scurrilous remarks in reference to members of the Virginia Beach Delegation to the Virginia General Assembly.
Here are his remarks posted following the Kerry Dougherty article titled, "WELL, IT'S (TAX) SEASON, SO HANG ON TO YOUR WALLET," appearing in the February 8, 2012 issue of the Virginian-Pilot.
Mike Barrett was referencing the election of John Moss' successful election to the Virginia Beach City Council and is slamming the people who elected him by saying, "Of course, that is what happens when the majority does not pay attention; just like we Virginians having elected the Taliban to the House of Delegates."
If Mr. Barrett keeps his job at Runnymede it is evidence the company is so ego-driven that it has no ethics. If Barrett remains on the board of Vision and the Chamber of Commerce, then shame on them for allowing him to remain so after making these outrageous remarks. Of course, if Mr. Barrett can provide proof that there are in fact members of the Taliban serving in the Virginia General Assembly, then we stand corrected.
It's well known that yellow-dog democrat Barrett is a shill for the Virginia Beach City Manager, and Mayor Will(ing) Sessoms. He delivers a constant barrage of snide, inflammatory remarks directed at every member of the Beach delegation, all of which are Republicans.
Oh, Barrett also represented the Virginia Beach on the corruptly managed Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) Board, the trash agency that inept management forced out of business.
Barrett has made it known that he is ill, suffering from cancer. One must have some pity on him, but not without still holding him accountable for his outrageous statements. Best advice: Stay on your meds, Mike, and give your venomous brain a break.
- Growth Hormone May Lower Odds of Fractures in Older Women
- False-Positive Mammogram Result Traumatic for Most Women: Study
- Scientists Probe Obesity's Ties to Breast Cancer Risk
- Women's Pelvic Pain Often Unreported
- Hysterectomy at Younger Age Tied to Heart Disease Risks
- Your Office Temperature Settings May Have a Gender Bias
- Vaginal Pain
- For Women, No Link Between Kidney Stones, Osteoporosis
- Gardasil (HPV Vaccine)
- Change in 'Pap' Test Rules Linked to Drop in STD Testing
- Texas 'cold-blooded assassination': Black Lives Matter rhetoric to blame?
- A newly discovered crustacean is named after Elton John
- My letter from Oliver Sacks
- A revolution comes in layers
- Can psychology fix its reproducibility problem?
- Why is Uber hiring hackers?
- Could black holes explain mysterious space explosions?
- Beyond Pluto: What's next for New Horizons?
- Saying ‘rubbish’ in Lebanon to politics by faith
- Acclaimed neurologist Oliver Sacks is remembered as scientist and poet
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
- Italy's Eni finds 'supergiant' natural gas field off Egypt
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- 'Awakenings' author, neurologist Oliver Sacks dies at 82
- When the wells run dry: California families cope in drought
- Poland's mixed feelings over memorial to rescuers of Jews
- Activists say IS damages ancient temple in Syria's Palmyra
- Pope Francis a stranger to the US in many ways
- Trump makes an appearance at Barclays
- Letter from Hungary: Migrants seek EU's field of dreams
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Most Fuel-Efficient Cars of 2015
- Why Market Routs Are Worse for ETFs
- Jobs You Won't Believe You Can Get Paid to Do
- 3 Savvy Ways to Save on Your Next Restaurant Meal
- Social Security Strategy: Boost Lifetime Payouts With the Spousal Benefit
- Learning to Live With Debt
- 3 Cars That Refuse to Die
- Back-to-School Money Tips for College Students
- Merck: A Great Dividend Stock for Retirees
- Good Stocks Trading at Bear-Market Prices