by Larry Henry
Virginia News Source Columnist
Obama Care is the worst disaster to hit America since the Great Depression. Obama promised: You can keep your insurance and you can keep your doctor. There was also speculation that premiums would go down approximately $2,500.
Hidden away inside those 15,000 pages of hope & change was this little caveat. 40 to 67% of customers will not be able to keep their policies. Obama knew this. So did Pelosi and Reid and all the others. Our economy is headed for another depression. That is the Obama plan.
Hurricane Katrina: Why did Obama refuse the aid of so many nations offering to help? Two Reasons: Countries offering assistance did not employ union workers. And Obama wanted to make the point that oil is bad. He doesn’t like coal either so he’s shutting down our coal mines.
It's a sad day in America when "conservatives" go around spreading lies that a mother has a "fundamental right" to slaughter her child without mercy.
There is no such thing. If Americans understood how the US legal system works and cared about it, abortion would not be the #1 cause of death in the USA.
There is NO right to murder in the US constitution. Many states are passing laws recognizing the fact that the
pre-term baby is a person worthy of protection under the Bill of Rights.
BREAKING NEWS: THE VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT OVERTURNS TOLLS RULING:
In a surprise ruling against the anti-toll foes of Tidewater, the Virginia Supreme Court Thursday morning ruled that a Portsmouth judge erred in a decision declaring the Feb. tolls on the two tunnels linking Norfolk and Portsmouth unconstitutional taxation.
The ruling disappointed a lot of people who felt the legislation as drafted constituted illegal authority for a private entity to level taxes for more than then next 50 years without local or legislative input or control.
The Supremes disagreed, ruling the tolls are user fees, not taxes. A negative ruling would have cost the state considerable money since the contract for new facilities have been let and work started.
BREAKING NEWS: SUPREME’S RULE THE STATE WAS NOT NEGLIGENT IN MASSACRE SUIT:
Atty. Gen. Ken Cuccinelli issued a statement saying, “While words cannot express the tremendous sympathy we have for the families who lost their loved ones in the Virginia Tech shootings of 2007 -- including the Prydes and the Petersons -- the Virginia Supreme Court has found what we have said all along to be true: The commonwealth and its officials at Virginia Tech were not negligent on April 16, 2007. Cho was the lone person responsible for this tragedy."
Families of victims sought to prove negligent on the part of school and state officials.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
The Baptist radicals must be dealt with. They are building their churches all over the country, organizing the youth and pledging to destroy western culture. The latest advice, that they may be behind the threat to Wichita's water supply, is no surprise to many of us who remain vigilant. See: FBI Investigate possible threat to Witchata's water supply
What is their mission? They want everybody to become a Baptist! They are committed to a system of laws and enforcement based on Baptist beliefs and they feel that the laws of the western civil authorities must be subordinated to their legal system.
The Baptists have infiltrated into the highest echelons of the HSA and TSA, relying on big cash contributions to our political class; and, many of those politicians are located right here in Virginia. It doesn't seem to matter that many of the feeder organizations in their overall jihad effort were named by a federal judge as "unindicted co-conspirators" in a terror trial in Dallas. Despite that announcement, the "Big Money Men" within the ranks of the Baptists have been invited to dinner at the White House; and, they have had enough influence to have had all reference to the "Baptist Jihad" removed from FBI training materials.
by Cmdr Michael Joseph Walsh, USN retired
Author SEAL!: From Vietnam's Phoenix Program to Central America's Drug Wars
This is a response to the Question recently posed in the Special Operations Warrior blog through Linked-In with regard to the Militarization of Police in the United States.
These days it appears the majority of the planet is polarizing in one form or fashion. At home we find ourselves in very troubles waters. With regard to the Militarization of the Police in the Unites States, the People should require an informative discussion, one which is seriously overdue for discourse at the national level.
When the Founders conspired to free themselves from the yoke of British tyranny, they pledged themselves to an extra-ordinary standard…namely, their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.
One need only look at The Congress, and the actions of the White House Executive to see where notions of sacred honor have gone. In short, the Founders would not approve of what is going on here, vis-à-vis the Militarization of a Police Force, nor would they approve our other notions of Empire. They would be repulsed at this. These affronts were but a sampling of the ingredients leading up to the Revolutionary War.
Recall that standing armies and large police forces were anathema to the Founders; and these things were hotly discussed in the Congress in Philadelphia, New York, and Washington. It was the high character of George Washington himself, which shaped much of our value system and national character.
The pervasive result of the outcome of the Civil War means that the dichotomous paths of thought and belief were decided by the point of a gun, as was the Revolution.
by Cmdr. Michael Joseph Walsh, USN SEAL Retired
Special to Virginia News Source
[Editor's Note:Cmdr. Walsh is author of "SEAL!: From Vietnam's Phoenix Program to Central America's Drug Wars."]
This is Part 2 of Cmdr. Walsh's response to a recently posed question in the Special Operations Warrior blog with regard to the militarization of the Police in the Unityed States.
Then, when it was all over, both state and local police patrolled the night streets, doing the ‘officer friendly’ routine, waving and smiling at everyone. I understand this, have used it previously. Good PR. What is disappointing in all this is that people fed into it, by feeling relieved it was over…..I can now walk the streets, unarmed, feeling safe, and most of all, I’m no longer inconvenienced. We must grow out of this notion of deliberate self-emasculation; this is critical to societal recovery, particularly amongst men.
We must not despair…..we have been here before. It is not only in our history…it is in our very DNA, to oppose such belligerence. In the end, it must, and will be…confronted. Those of us, who have dwelt in the UW world, know how such brute force can be defeated, if need be. Such oppressive philosophies and tactics upon a citizenry will eventually backfire. It starts with courage. (CONT'D next page)
With so much happening it is easy for some issues to get overlooked. Such as the plan of the globalists to merge America with other countries into regional arrangements which start out being economic (such as NAFTA) but which progress into a political regional government (such as EU) which can then be merged into the United Nations.
Packaged as a great sounding trade agreement, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is one such scheme. It is sold as a means of improving trade, but it is nothing less than a means of transferring regulations and trade decisions from American control to a foreign governing body. A merger of the U.S. with the EU is the ultimate goal.
Michael Thompson, President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy, urged the General Assembly on Friday to restructure the tax code in Virginia in a revenue neutral way that could create tens of thousands of jobs.
The Small Business and the Manufacturing Development Commissions held their 4th public hearing on the Jefferson Institute's tax reform idea in Charlottesville on Oct. 17. Thompson testified for the second time to these Commissions on his tax restructuring idea.
This tax restructuring would expand the collection of sales taxes to the service industries except for health care. These additional funds would then be used to reduce and eliminate personal taxes and three business taxes seen as harming employment.
- Government seems to have planned shutdown long ago
- Obama's attack on U.S. military & a 2nd revolution in the works?
- It'll take more than Obama's fake ID card to rid us of "Sewer-Rat-in-Chief"
- Furious with the Virginian-Pilot
- Headed for Disaster! Why? Obama wants American to Fail
- Jefferson Institute releases 'Blended Learning" Brochure
- Hobby Lobby Stores Recalls Accent Chairs Due to Risk of Injury
- Doodlebutt Recalls Jelly BeadZ Jumbo BeadZ and Magic Growing Fruity Fun Toys Due to Serious...
- Trek Recalls Madone Bicycles Due to Crash Hazard; Front Brake Can Fail
- Eight Retailers Recall 32” Coby Flat Screen Televisions Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
- Shaw Industries Recalls Carpet Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Lowe’s Stores
- IKEA Recalls Children’s Wall-Mounted Lamps Due to Strangulation Hazard; One Child Death Reported
- Ram’s Imports Recalls Girls’ Pink Leopard Jackets Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington...
- Solowave Recalls Home Playground Tube Slides with Port Holes Due to Laceration Hazard
- PackTite Recalls Bed Bug Heating Units Due to Fire Hazard
- Gas Trimmers Recalled by efco Due to Fire Hazard
Quote OF THE DAY
If the government's plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working, by granting 99 weeks of unemployment checks, without any requirement to prove that gainful employment was diligently sought, but couldn't be found - you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
From the Internet
"[T]he jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake; since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of Republican Government."
--George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796
- Viagra for Menstrual Cramps?
- Obesity, Smoking Might Threaten Implants After Mastectomy
- Less Physical Activity, More TV for Today's Moms, Study Finds
- Uterine Growths
- Pregnancy After Miscarriage
- PTSD Might Lead to Sizable Weight Gain in Women
- Use of Breast MRIs Way Up, Studies Find
- Urine Tests Don't Always Confirm Urinary Infections, Study Finds
- North Korea executes leader's uncle and former mentor, Jang Song-thaek
- Arizona meteor totally unrelated to tonight's eye-popping Geminids
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' will win over Tolkien fans and newbies alike
- Is your oldest sister a warty comb jelly?
- Feds close 52 passenger bus lines during months-long safety probe
- Rare snowstorm sweeps across the Middle East, bringing both delight and distress
- Obama's Syria policy is pretty much dead and there are few good options
- Rich kid gets probation for drunk-driving deaths. His defense? 'Affluenza.'
- Bangladesh execution of opposition leader hints at deeper woes
- Saving Islam from suicide bombs
- Family feud: Boehner takes on GOP critics on right
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Boehner hits tea party groups as budget vote nears
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Mysterious 'white widow' eludes police in Africa
- Federal data show health disparities among states
- Officials: US drone strike kills 13 in Yemen
- Holiday shopping spree not for everyone
- Where's 'The Butler'? Globes Snubs and Surprises
- Crash probe renews debate over culture in aviation
- College Enrollment Falls for Second Year in a Row
- U.S. to Reevaluate Contribution to Syria After Withdrawing Aid
- John Boehner Unchained: Why the House Speaker Finally Stood Up To the Far Right
- Bob Barker Says the 'Choice is Right' with Republican David Jolly
- Jesse Ryan Loskarn Had 'Hundreds' of Porn Videos of Young Boys, Girls, Police Say
- Op/Ed: Strengthen Your Thinking Skills With Computer Science
- Local Officials: Drone Strike Hits Wedding Party in Yemen, Killing 15
- The Catholic League Fights for the Right to Christmas Party
- 'Obamaphone' Backers Want to Prevent $5 Charge in Georgia
- Ukrainian President 'Intends to Sign' EU Deal After All
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- July 18, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- July 10, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Chicken
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- June 21, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- June 20, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- June 14, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- Best Vanguard Mutual Funds
- Trade In Your Old Smart Phone
- Investing in Start-Ups Is Risky Business
- What to Know About Interest-Earning Checking Accounts
- Best Public College Values, 2014
- Best Values in Public Colleges, 2014
- A Good Year to Give Appreciated Stock
- Best Public Colleges for Out-of-State Students
- How to Keep Santa on a Budget
- Past Years' Rankings of Top Public College Values
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections