[Ed’s note: The following letter references the graphic showing Town Center is failing to pay back its debt to taxpayers.]
Please take a look at the annual Assessor's Reports, which separate out "high-rise condos/co-ops". In the FY2008-09 Report, the average assessment for these condos city-wide was $398,400.
The most recent 2016-17 Report lists the average for all high-rise condos at $299,700. So, high-rise condos, city-wide, are still down over -24.7% since 2008. That's all condos, city-wide, including the Town Center Condos.
At current values off -40%, -50% and more, your sample chart more than suggests that the Town Center condos have done far, far worse, than high-rise condos city-wide, and in fact are at least partially responsible for dragging down the City-wide average. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
"Abide By The Constitution, Not Change It!"
No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.
-- Mark Twain (1866)
Recently at the United Nations headquarters in New York City, delegates, presidents, prime ministers, potentates and dictators from 175 countries including the United State signed the United Nation’s Paris Climate Accord. It is purported to slow down what they consider to be a crisis of global warming by reducing manmade greenhouse gases, especially carbon dioxide.
Translated, this amounts to complete governmental control and restrictions on energy use by every person on the planet. The plan is for all to live in government multiple unit buildings in urban areas. How would you like to live in a three-story walk-up small apartment with two other families, little heat and no air conditioning?
There would be no single dwelling housing, except of course, for the powers-that–be. Automobiles would be replaced with bicycles and public buses and trains. [Click Read More below for rest of the article]
Which crook got the money in 'ghost' oyster shell scam? Maybe the FBI should follow the money in the great oyster scam of 2014.
Beach auditor finds mismanaged city council has spent more than $600,000 on a nonexistent oyster restoration plan for the Lynnhaven River.
Oyster shells collected from restaurants have been piling up unused for 6 years. Council has appropriated $644,000 since 2002 for the Oyster Heritage Plan - a plan city auditor Lyndon Remias says doesn’t exist - a ghost-money hole of tax dollars.
Furthermore the city doesn’t have a written plan or contract with any of the various organization allegedly involved, for collecting money, managing the program -- only doing nothing.
City officials responsible the fraudulent charade, started ducking for cover after the audit was released and could not be found for comment or explanation.
This was a project of guided by former city manager Jim Spore.
For more information read: The complete Audit Report
by Catherine Crabill - Irvington, VA
VNS contributing columnist
When I first heard about the “transgender community” demanding access to men’s and women’s bathrooms across America, I thought the concept so absurd, so outrageous, that it didn’t stand a chance in you-know-where of being taken seriously. Boy was I wrong!
Just last month, in Gloucester County, Virginia, a sadly confused young woman identifying as a young man was granted full access to the boy’s locker room/bathrooms at Gloucester High School. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
By Frank Palmieri
This year’s presidential primary season has certainly been politically surprising and at times really funny.
Jeb Bush, from a Connecticut Yankee family that moved into the South, dropped out early in the race, symbolically marking the end of the moderate (Nixon-Rockefeller wing) control of the party. The Junior Senator from Texas, Ted Cruz , who is a spokesman for the anti-federalists-anti-feminist wing of the party which plans to bring an end to the Second Reconstruction and a Women’s Right to Choose, has been running hard to catch the leading candidate.
However, it has been Donald Trump, a political outsider billionaire, passionately supported by a populist revanchist-nationalist movement who appears to be closest to capturing the nomination.
Secretary Clinton has been advancing an internationalist-identity politics agenda.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Did ambitious plans to get taxpayer bucks to help renovate the ancient Cavalier on the Hill hotel turn Bruce Thompson into a turn greedy, overconfident, bungling developer now caught a year behind original opening schedule and more than $20 MILLION over budget as a result of developer inexperience and lack of engineering due diligence?
Seems that in his drive to build a bigger reputation as a hotel developer wunderkind, he ‘crapped in his hat’ as one of my most successful developer friends in Virginia Beach would say.
Other well-heeled, less ego-driven, smart developers surveyed the aging Cavalier before it was sold to Thompson. [Click Read More below for rest of the story].
by Sue Long - North, VA
Virginia News Source Columnist
Now more than ever our law enforcement officers need our support. Thanks to them we are able to live in a free nation. Daily they put their lives on the line to protect us, and allow us to live in peace and security. But the assault on them has become considerable.
You are invited to join us, the Support Your Local Police of Virginia, at a town meeting to learn why it is important to keep law enforcement control at the local level, to give tribute to our law enforcement officers, and to hear from them and get their input as to how we can best be supportive of them.
Ira White - VNS Columnist
As you ponder the most recent story on Rachel Donezal – the woman who identifies as a "black trapped in a white body" – you can begin to understand the warped activism of the transgender movement to indoctrinate children and open up all public bathrooms to any sex.
The issues here are about BIOLOGICAL SEX and ETHNICITY, but the transgenderism hoax trumpets the mantra "gender identity" as something equivalent to biological sex.
But medical professionals are now revealing that it IS about biological sex and not a perceived gender, and that a psychological identity disorder is being politically endorsed by liberals, rock stars, and corporations rather than being acknowledged and treated for what it is. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Many Male Docs May Overlook Female Heart Risks: Study
- Vaginal Bleeding
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Base Quit-Smoking Day on Menstrual Cycle?
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Why Black Lives Matter pulled out of San Francisco's gay parade
- Washington's salmon anglers are back. What took so long?
- How the improved Panama Canal could change world trade
- Could microbes be 'sentinels' for protecting coral reefs?
- Coding bootcamps: Can you believe their claims?
- GMO labels: The great American food fight
- Why Beijing (and 45 other cities in China) are sinking
- Arizona runs out of lethal injection drugs: Is this how the death penalty dies?
- Brexit: Could there be a do-over referendum?
- Volkswagen diesel owners could get as much as $7,000 from company
- Britain, EU at odds over timing of divorce talks
- Britain's Europeans gripped by fear, confusion, heartache
- British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
- Brexit vote hardly a harbinger of US presidential election
- At least 14 killed in Somalia hotel attack; police say ended
- 23 dead in West Virginia floods; search and rescue continues
- Pope to Armenians: Never forget the genocide, but reconcile
- Business promotion and politics par for Trump's golf tour
- The Latest: Police: Gunfire exchanged outside dance studio
- Officials: 150 homes burned in deadly California wildfire
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Volatile Oil Prices to Head Lower
- Great Foreign Stocks That Pay Big Dividends
- Nail Your Home's Curb Appeal
- Why I'm Growing Cautious About the Markets
- 4 High-Paying Medical Jobs You Don't Need an MD for
- What Brexit Means for U.S. Investors
- Impact of the Brexit Vote: Scary But Mixed
- Help Wanted in America: Skilled Workers
- Taking Your First Required Minimum Distribution
- How to Super-Fund a Roth IRA