Presidential candidate Barack Obama called for a “civilian national security force”, one as big as all of the nation’s military branches combined.
Now, Al Sharpton is suggesting a path that probably would accomplish that: Nationalize America’s police forces. We have all seen him at the Ferguson, New York City, and Baltimore riots that have taken place in a rush to condemn police officers who were doing their jobs while encountering suspects who were resisting arrest.
While the Baltimore case is still open, investigations have cleared the officers of wrong-doing in both Ferguson and New York. Most interesting is the uniformity of the signs, chanted slogans, and behavior in the crowds at all locations.
Soros has financed such organizations as Black Lives Matter and has bussed paid protesters and rabble-rousers into these powder keg areas. The New American (www.thenewamerican.com) article titled “Justice Department Grants Linked to Cop-Killing Rap Video”, details the U.S. Department of Justice’s using our tax dollars to incite race riots.
by Larry Henry
Amour makes the world go round. Often times it sneaks up on us unexpectedly and sometimes scares us silly, but usually we welcome the stuff without too much reservation and thrashing about.
Then our feet grow wings, our hearts become as young eagles, while our heads float up in the clouds with nary a thought for passing aircraft. We behave like fools but nobody cares because they understand. They’ve been there before or want to be or maybe they are now.
It’s a time of youth no matter one’s chronological age, and every hour apart seems like Chinese water torture. A kiss ignites the senses, we embrace, we laugh, we cry, we fear the worst, but it’s going to be just fine, we hope, we pray … oh please Lord, make it last.
Sometimes it lasts a lifetime. Sometimes our hearts are broken in a million pieces. In spite of all this and Heaven too, love endures all. Love and patriotism were the essence of the fabulous 1950’s. [Click: Read More below for rest of the story]
To the Editor:
This email is to strenuously object to your article by Mike Thompson who erroneously states that nuclear power is "safe." Haven't you heard of what's happening in Japan at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant? The Germans have. Last I heard, they have shut down their nuclear power plants as a result.
Shame on you for deceiving the public into thinking that nuclear power is "safe" when nothing is further from the truth. The Pacific ecosystem of the Western USA is now collapsing due to the tons of radioactive water surging daily into the Pacific Ocean as a result of the ongoing tragedy in Fukushima. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the letter]
by Ira White - Portsmouth
Doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists and geneticists are affirming from their practices and research – and often with their jobs and reputations at risk from propagandists and politicians – that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, pedophile, and pornographer are ALL personality disorders that need medical care and not endorsement as a normal "born that way" trait by government, society or junk science.
But people aren't seeing how LGBT activism and Same-Sex Marriage are affecting the most vulnerable – our CHILDREN. And, as you will hear, those children feel uniquely stigmatized or isolated from speaking honestly about their circumstances.
What the evidence shows, as with the brutal abortion lobby, is radical activists and their political and medical collaborators playing social, sexual, and psychological roulette with youth through public schools, children's books, organizations like scouting, broadcast and social media, and now malignant laws bred from court decrees posing as federal legislation. Here are some of the powerful personal stories being censored from the public discourse...
DAWN STEPHANOWICZ: "I am one of six adult children of gay parents who recently filed amicus briefs asking the Supreme Court to respect the authority of citizens to keep the original definition of marriage. I also live in Canada, where same-sex marriage was federally mandated in 2005."
"If you say or write anything considered 'homophobic' (including same-sex marriage), you could face termination of employment or prosecution by the government. Now all children only have 'legal parents' [not 'natural parents'], as defined by the state. By legally erasing biological parenthood, the state ignores children’s foremost right: their immutable, intrinsic yearning to know and be raised by their own biological parents."
Children are not commodities that can be justifiably severed from their natural parentage and traded between unrelated adults
"Children in same-sex households will often deny their grief, feeling pressured to speak positively due to the politics surrounding LGBT households." CLICK READ MORE BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY ...
THE GREATEST THREAT
I was talking with a pastor the other day about the greatest threat to America. No, it's not terrorists who are conspicuously evil, barbaric, and on our radar. It is activism with a more sinister agenda hidden under the guise of equal rights.
It started with the Kinsey Reports 50 years ago (youtube.com/watch?v=6jllyYIUZeY), touted pseudo-science to embolden sexual activism from LGBT to pedophilia to pornography, and has incrementally led to court decrees and liberal laws that have un-democratically struck down the moral voices and values of voters across the nation. What happened to government "by the people"?
by Michael Thompson
A new study by the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy shows that Virginia is in a position to capture a substantial share of the international nuclear power market.
We are in a position to offer the technology, the engineering and the expertise to build safe and environmentally friendly nuclear power plants all over the world.
The new study, Virginia Can Lead the Nation’s Nuclear Renaissance (here), focuses on the power potential from nuclear energy and the economic advantages available to Virginia from this expanding industry.
Mike Thompson is currently the Chairman and President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy, a non-partisan Virginia focused foundation dealing with the issues of improving education, government reform, economic development and environmental stewardship. This foundation is the state’s premier independent public policy foundation and has gained broad based respect from political and business leaders throughout Virginia.
Click [Read More] for rest of the article.
GOP defendants, in a $5 MILLION defamation lawsuit brought by Del. Scott Taylor over dirty political tricks, which included attempts to link Taylor to illicit drug use and a Newport News prostitute, settled the case out of court.
Terms of the settlement are confidential.
Defendants included former 2nd District GOP chairman Gary Byler, campaign workers Gerald Scimeca, Kyle Adams, Austin Chambers, and current GOP 2nd District chairman Curtis Colegate, all of whom protested vehemently when details of the plot were disclosed in a Virginia News Source investigation.
In settling the case, the dirty tricks were blamed on the underlings.
In their statement, the defendants said, “At the time Kyle Adams gave the Byler campaign the information purporting to be from Meagan Bakelaar's Facebook archives, the Byler campaign thought it was true.
“During the course of discovery in this case, the Byler campaign has learned that it was not true and that it was fabricated. We are sorry that the information was used in the campaign and for the embarrassment the use of the information caused Scott Taylor."
by Michael Thompson
Chairman and President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
Puerto Rico is in serious financial crisis, and because the island is a U.S. territory, this is a matter of concern to taxpayers in Virginia and throughout the country.
As a territory, this government cannot declare bankruptcy under current Chapter 9 law, but it wants to do just that.
No government gets itself into this kind of trouble with its eyes closed. Today it owes some $74 billion in current debts, with long term liabilities exceeding $160 billion.
This summer major payments are due bondholders and it looks as if those payments may not be made. So what is the territorial government asking of Congress? They want authority to declare bankruptcy and leave hundreds of thousands of Americans, including many here in Virginia, holding worthless paper.
- Gardasil (HPV Vaccine)
- Change in 'Pap' Test Rules Linked to Drop in STD Testing
- Childhood Stress May Spur Weight Gain in Women
- Radiation From Mammograms May Be Lower Than Thought
- etidronate, Didronel
- nafarelin, Synarel
- Women Spend Far Less on Birth Control Because of 'Obamacare'
- HPV Test
- Millennials More Accepting of Working Moms Than Past Generations
- Trauma, PTSD May Raise Women's Odds of Heart Attack, Stroke: Study
- Down with Boehner? GOP congressman launches bid to oust House Speaker
- New jail footage shows Sandra Bland 'alive and well'
- Amazon Launchpad carves out flashy new shelf space just for start-ups
- With hiring of Jen Welter, NFL's Arizona Cardinals make history
- What does Windows 10 mean for the future of Windows?
- Yes, red states are attracting blue-state voters. But they don't stay red.
- US-Turkey military deal: A turning point in Obama's handling of Syria crisis?
- Homeownership dips to 35-year low: Why economists are optimistic
- Hindu-Muslim feelings raw as India awaits Yakub Memon hanging
- N.Y. prison worker pleads guilty to aiding killers' escape
- Obama and the Kurds: Turkish strikes vex Islamic State plan
- Parole for Pollard revisits divisions over extent of harm
- Iran nuclear deal turns up lobbying heat on Congress
- Anger grows over two-speed Poland, fueling political shift
- Man accused in lion death says he thought hunt was legal
- New video shows more of Sandra Bland's time in Texas jail
- Coast Guard plane's crew spends long days searching for boys
- Pakistan police kill feared Sunni militant leader, 13 others
- Review: 5 ways Windows 10 fixes annoyances in predecessor
- Fed is likely to delay 1st rate hike in 9 years a bit longer
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Then and Now: After Katrina, a New Life
- Great Stocks for Baby Boomers
- 3 Great States for Retirement
- Best Jobs Without a College Degree 2015
- What Turns Off Shark Tank's Mark Cuban About Your New Business Idea
- Great Vanguard ETFs
- 6 Great Buffett Stocks to Buy Now
- Avoid These Costly Social Security Mistakes
- How You May Be Getting Shortchanged on Your Credit Card Rewards
- Worst Jobs for the Future 2015