By Larry Henry
Amour makes the world go round. Often times it sneaks up on us unexpectedly and sometimes scares us silly, but usually we welcome the stuff without too much reservation and thrashing about. Then our feet grow wings, our hearts become as young eagles, while our heads float up in the clouds with nary a thought for passing aircraft. We behave like fools but nobody cares because they understand. They’ve been there before or want to be or maybe they are now. It’s a time of youth no matter one’s chronological age, and every hour apart seems like Chinese water torture. A kiss ignites the senses, we embrace, we laugh, we cry, we fear the worst, but it’s going to be just fine, we hope, we pray … oh please Lord, make it last. Sometimes it lasts a lifetime. Sometimes our hearts are broken in a million pieces. In spite of all this and heaven too, love endures all. Love and patriotism were the essence of the fabulous 1950’s.
1950 through 1959 were the 20th Century’s finest hour. They arrived right on schedule. Elvis sang Heartbreak Hotel, we fell like a ton of bricks, then Little Richard inspired us all to join hands and do the jitterbug. Teenagers frolicked around the dance floor like Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Bill Haley and The Comets kicked off this rock and roll extravaganza with Rock Around The Clock. Then Johnny Mathis made us all weak in the knees with his haunting love ballads. Buddy Holly sang like nothing we’d heard before or since. And James Brown was the soulful icing on our Sweet Sixteen birthday cake. The music was pure magic. The 1950’s were so perfect and adorable we loved them without reservation, knowing in our hearts this would last forever. Click Below to read more
Why has no one noticed the obvious?
Anyone insisting a business cater to their personal demands when it is against the scriptural religious convictions of those business owners is guilty of religious discrimination.
Neither Jews, Muslims nor Christians can be publicly forced to participate in an activity opposed by their faith and morality. This is legal conscientious objection.
The 1st Amendment specifies freedom of religious exercise. That is not nullified by homosexual exercise as current cases prefer you believe, and justifies suing anyone who discriminates against your constitutional freedom.
They can freely go elsewhere – your rights can't and are not required to.
Ira White - Portsmouth VA
Letter to Editor:
To illuminate and explain the problem a public seminar on the destruction of individual Property Rights, the Causes and potential Solutions will be held Saturday, March 8, 2:00PM at the Lighthouse Worship Center on Rt. 17 in Hayes. Click READ MORE below:
The Concerned Citizens of the Middle Peninsula, along with numerous other organizations, will hold a statewide event March 8 at 2 p.m. in the Lighthouse Worship Center . addressing, “Is Environmental Extremism Destroying Individual Property Rights?”
The featured speaker is internationally known property rights expert, Tom DeWeese, President of The American Policy Center and publisher of The DeWeese Report. Tom is well known for numerous appearances on national TV and radio news programs.
Also speaking is Marc Morano, executive editor and chief correspondent for the award-winning ClimateDepot.com and also a frequent guest on radio and TV.
Special guests include Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh from Romania, senior writer for Canada Free Press, author and commentator; also a property rights expert as well as Bishop E.W. Jackson, founder of S.T.A.N.D. (Stay True to America's National Destiny) numerous elected officials, candidates for Congress and school administrators.
The Lighthouse Worship Center is located at 4299 George Washington Memorial Hwy. Hayes, VA in the Gloucester area.
For further information contact:
Virginia Is now a BLUE state: it has been bought and is controlled by the Democraps. Want proof?
The Republican party is as fragmented as though it had stepped on land mine and blown into a million pieces.
The Tea Party is so confused it doesn’t know where its going and struggling with leadership problems. People jumping from one city’s organization to another.
And the Libertarian Party? Although it has fielded candidates for U.S. Senate and governor, it hasn’t officially existed since 2009, along with the Libertarian Party of Tidewater and all affiliates across the state, when the state charters expired.
David Lindsey, president of the Unalienable Rights Foundation, whose investigation discovered the LPVa had lost its charter has reported the case to legal authorities and judges in Richmond. He said an investigation is currently underway.
Over the past 200 years and especially today, as Jefferson and Lincoln both warned, democracy is being destroyed by radical judicial decisions. In controversial cases from Dred Scott to Roe v Wade and the overturning of the Civil Rights Act of 1875, DOMA, and Proposition 8, crucial decisions affecting the whole people of states or nation have been made unilaterally by a single judge, or in a splintered vote by a group of justices.
Therein lies the "red flag": How does one person or a split court provide more concrete reasoning on issues than a majority of the people and their representatives?
There is one way to correct the dictatorial decisions of a few that decree a democracy null and void. The nation and states must pass an amendment declaring the following:
By Tom Holmes
Special to VNS
It was a cold winter’s night 150 years ago in Charleston, SC, harbor when naval history and combat was changed forever. On the evening of 17 February 1864, the Confederate States of America submarine H.L. HUNLEYbecame the first submarine to sink an enemy ship in combat.
The submarine, captained by LT George Dixon, rammed its 135-pound torpedo into the side of USS HOUSATONIC, one of the Union ships engaged in the blockade of the harbor, and ignited the torpedo sending the Yankee ship to the bottom within three minutes.
HUNLEY later surfaced long enough to send a signal to Confederate forces ashore, but never returned to base.
The mystery of HUNLEY’s fate challenged historians, treasure seekers, and naval enthusiasts for years.
Then, in 1995, HUNLEY was found well preserved and intact by author and adventurer, Clive Cussler. Cussler’s team worked five years to develop a procedure to raise the submarine, while keeping it intact. With great pomp and reverence, the submarine was brought to the surface on 8 August 2000. That warm late summer’s evening, HUNLEY’s brave crew made its final return to homeport, mission complete. Click READ MORE below:
It would be interesting to query the State Board of Elections (SBOE) regarding the validity of post-2009 elections in light of the revelations regarding the Libertarian Party of Virginia's status.
- Who at the SBOE missed the revocation of the LPV's charter?
- If someone at the SBOE was aware of the charter revocation, why then was the LP allowed to field candidates post-2009? (See Above Story)
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- New Review Suggests Benefits of Annual Mammograms Are Overstated
- Breast Lumps (In Women)
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Menstrual Cramps
- Turner Syndrome
- Yeast Infection Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- College Women: Have a Healthy Spring Break
- Could the HPV Test Replace the Pap Test?
- Will blame game keep West and Russia apart at Ukraine talks?
- How to defang Russia, China
- California gray wolf decision delayed. Should it be protected?
- SpaceX launch set for Friday, weather permitting
- Bloomberg's new $50 million gun safety push, one mom at a time
- Adult kids at home: Time to kick the birds out of the nest?
- High-frequency trading? You probably shouldn't worry about it.
- Project Ara: Google says 'next 5 billion' will build their phones
- Poison Spring
- Reader recommendation: Book of Ages
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Geneva talks on Ukraine face steep hurdles
- New SAT: What will those questions look like?
- NYC police rolling back some counterterror efforts
- Man charged with marathon hoax is held on bail
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Sub makes 2nd dive to search for Malaysian plane
- NKorea complains over barber's Kim Jong Un poster
- Pistorius defense tries to rebuild case
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- April 9, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- New Fed Chief, New Unemployment Approach
- Insider Tips: Get the Best and Cheapest Seats on Your Next Flight
- Best Values in Used Cars, 2014
- Why Flash Sales Aren't Always Good Deals
- Sweet Deals on Used Cars
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 30s
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 20s
- Tax Day Freebies and Deals 2014
- 6 Stocks to Sell Now
- How to Save Money on Prom
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections