Although we hear little about it, we should be concerned about pending legislation that could destroy our sovereignty as a free and independent nation.
We already have NAFTA which is responsible for the loss of many jobs to outsourcing. Then there is the pending TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) which would merge our country into a regional government in the Pacific.
Sold as a means of beating out China in trade agreements, we are not told how China could join TPP later on in spite of our objections.
In addition, TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) would merge us with the EU which is now comprised of what were once sovereign nations in Europe, having been sold on it that it would help their economy.
Now, there is yet another to add to the mix, TiSA (Trade in Services Agreement). As if it isn’t enough that much of American manufacturing production has already been shipped out, leaving services as the main stay of the American economy, now services are on the chopping block.
The TiSA would give the UN’s World Trade Organization (WTO) unprecedented control over the service sector, including jobs in banking, finance, courier and postal services, delivery and freight services, energy distribution, health care, insurance, maritime, professional services, legal services, licensing, real estate, telecommunications, transportation, tourism, and much more. See the full report:
We need to insist that our legislators vote against this threat to our country.
Sue Long - North, VA
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
Karl Rove and his corrupt GOP elites are craping their Depends. Debbie Wasserman Shultz and her DNC menagerie of Marxist misfits are running in circles with their hair on fire. The Gravy Train Express is about to derail straight into the Potomac River.
Donald Trump is coming to town!
Boehner and McConnell sing their Siren songs for the conservatives who elect them, then do exactly what those Washington lobbies bribe them to do. Pelosi and Reid are more of the same rotten culture, lying to the American people with every breath.
[Ed's note: This was sent to VNS prior to Kim Davis' release. It still is relevant.]
County clerk Kim Davis attests that her beliefs in Christ and biblical principles won't allow her to issue same-sex marriage licenses.
As the first Christian to be imprisoned for peaceful religious conscience regarding this issue, I would encourage her to write a letter in her Kentucky jail about the injustice – just as Martin Luther King did in 1963 in a Birmingham jail. And she could employ the exact same points that King used in his commentary...
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
September 29, 1938: Neville Chamberlain signed a non-aggression pact with Adolf Hitler of Nazi Germany. Prime Minister Chamberlain was hailed as securing peace for Europe. September 1, 1939: The German Army stormed into Poland. That set the stage for WW II which killed 60,000,000 people.
Bob Corker drafted a bill, which was ratified by the Senate, which relieved Barack Obama of obtaining a two third senate majority vote to approve his nuclear deal with Iran.
Instead, Corker’s bill placed the burden of a two third majority vote to veto the Iran deal on the Senate. In other words, this bill virtually assured that Obama could give Iran our blessing for nuclear proliferation.
Can you say “madness,” boys and girls?
by Larry Henry
There are member of Congress, House and Senate, who have taken bribes from the Iran Lobby. They took these bribes then voted for Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran.
United States Senate:
House of Representatives:
Letter to editor:
First off, saw the movie WAR ROOM with my wife. Incredible. See it. Nuff said.
Second, the blessings that flowed in and around the theater were the biggest surprise, and only reinforced the power of the film's message.
We were coming out of the Cracker Barrel near the theater on our way to the film. I was holding the door for some black ladies who were obviously dressed for church services, and a older man finally took the door and said "Thanks, bless you."
When it comes to social and political causes, the ignorance and invective prevalent among polarized camps are largely based on the fact that people evade the root problem. It's like debating plans on how to build a structure without any thought to the mortar or fasteners to hold it all together. In the case of racial equality, for example, most choose not to heed what Martin Luther King clarified as the priorities, even as they carelessly compare their own wide-ranging agendas to his example.
In his Letter from A Birmingham Jail(1963), he wrote at length about his efforts for justice, and then cemented them with foundations higher and stronger than courts, politicians, and popular opinion:
In the spirit of Jonathan Swift, let me suggest a modest proposal.
ISIS can now be diagnosed as a cancer. Having had a recent experience with cancer (2013, in remission now), I know personally that you treat it with radiation, chemo, and surgery if you have to mop up the little remaining pieces.
The nuclear nations of the world (US, Russia, Britain, France, Israel, and India) have enough combined nuclear weapons to eradicate all of the areas where the cancer ISIS currently infects.
Yes, ISIS is precisely like a cancer.
- Pitfalls are many and dangerous in Citizens to Save Our Constitution movement
- RINOs get your hands off your hips and take action!
- NATIONAL NIHILISM: The Road to Bully Autocracy
- Letter to the Trump campaign
- Traitors Among Us - Obama promoting racial turmoil
- Is it only a dream? bortion brutality and butchering baby parts
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Women's Health
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- Burkina Faso elects civilian president, announces commission
- Special prosecutor confirms Bland case nearly complete
- Suspect in Planned Parenthood attack makes 1st appearance
- Why climate change isn't a winning issue in US politics
- Seven reasons to shop online during Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Why hurricane season is getting longer
- Should 'innovation' be tax deductible?
- False promises in fantasy sports gambling
- Chris Christie's N.H. coup: How endorsements shape voters' choices
- Laquan McDonald shooting: Chicago cop held on $1.5 million bail
- World leaders gather to try to save Earth from overheating
- Suspect in Planned Parenthood attack makes 1st appearance
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- Pope urges peace while visiting C. African Republic mosque
- Police shooting of black teen cited in U of Chicago threat
- Turkey won?t apologize to Russia over warplane downing
- Cyber Monday sales still on top, but losing some luster
- High court's election-year lineup rich in high-profile cases
- McCarthy predicts no gov't shutdown over Planned Parenthood
- Bryant kicks off hoops goodbye tour in hometown of Philly
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Warren Buffett's Dumbest Investments Ever
- How to Get Free Shipping for Holiday Gifts
- 10 Best Gift Cards to Give for the Holidays
- The Best Personal-Finance Products and Services of 2015
- 4 Golden Rules of Investing
- 8 Best Dividend Stocks of the Dow
- How to Buy a Diamond Ring for Less
- Worst Things to Buy During the Holidays
- Tax Audit Red Flags
- 6 Tax Breaks for College Costs