Has Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to confirm or deny he’s used the word “NIGGER” in private conversations - ala Paula Deen) Sessoms’ conflict of interest antics jeopardized a proposed merger between Towne Bank, where he’s president, and Franklin Federal Savings Bank?
A Franklin shareholder filed a suit against the merger on Oct. 1, before any allegatons about Sessoms' criminal conflict of interest antics were made public, but data about Sessoms’ and the Bank’s conflict of interest activity has since been sent to lawyers for the shareholder in the suit.
Impact of revelations about Sessoms, a Towne Bank president, who has given loans of $146 MILLION to clients, and voted for their applications before the City Council, is unknown at this time.
by Kirk MacKenzie
The Conservative Forum
[Editor's Note: Attached is my report on the November 11th speaker, James O’Keefe, who is quite remarkable. Indeed. Do you know who James O’Keefe is? I’m willing to bet most of you don’t know who James O’Keefe is.]
A youthfully optimistic and provocative, award-winning journalist from New Jersey, James O’Keefe III, wowed a packed house of over four hundred Forum members and guests with undercover videos taken by Project Veritas, a non-profit organization O’Keefe founded (www.theprojectveritas.com).
The word ‘veritas’ meaning ‘truth’ in Greek mythology, O’Keefe’s brand of investigative fact-finding involves citizen journalists who infiltrate and videotape the lies and malfeasance of some of America’s most protected public and private organizations and institutions, like ACORN, NPR, Planned Parenthood, and voter fraud, ... and O’Keefe video-taped crossing the southern border dressed as Osama bin Laden. (Click here for rest of the story)
Towne Bank, which Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to confirm or deny he has used the word “NIGGER” in private conversations) Sessoms, a Towne president, dumped in ‘deep doo-doo’ by mixing his bank role with favorable city council votes for favored applicants getting loans from his bank, may be facing possible problems with its planned merger with Franklin Federal Savings Bank.
Franklin is holding a Special Meeting of Shareholders on December 3, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. at the Cultural Arts Center at 2880 Mountain Road in Glen Allen to VOTE to merge into TowneBank.
With all of Towne’s recently revealed shenanigans - Norfolk Mayor Paul Fraim and Suffolk Mayor Linda Johnson - having to resign from Towne Bank’s board because of Sessoms conflict of interest votes amid calls for a criminal investigation - Franklin shareholders may want to take a ‘wait and see’ position on its merger plans.
One of Franklin's shareholders has already filed a Class Action Lawsuit AGAINST the merger...and this was before all the news of Sessoms’ potential criminal acts broke out in Virginia Beach, according to one of our great researchers.
Abraham Lincoln said you can fool some of the people all of the time. Indeed, two major hoaxes were born in modern America, and it is surprising how many have been fooled. Both portray something depraved as decency victimized. Both seek to shame people into submission with cries of injustice and intolerance. Yet both have been exposed as deception by science, medicine, sociology, and our own consciences.
Ironically, both are dependent upon an abusive slant on something sacred: being BORN...Homosexuals claim they are helpless victims of society because they are BORN that way, and abortion advocates depict women as victims of unwanted "parts" that are not BORN yet.
IN FACT, medical and scientific technology including ultrasound and videography have revealed the individual DNA, intricate development, heartbeat, brain functions, human responses, and even abortion pain reflexes of unborn children at the earliest stages.
IN FACT, the latest genetics research reveals no "gay gene", and homosexuals are born no more blameless and without choice than those of other sexual impulses including incest and pedophilia. (www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/ViewPage.aspx?pageId=66)
So far Christian pastors, photographers, bakers and others have been sued by homosexuals for not servicing their same-sex marriages despite association with such practices being against their biblical and moral conscience, and despite the fact that the homosexuals could have gone anywhere.
It is a maligned and intentional move that can't be overlooked any longer. Here's the truth behind their documented agenda.
In 1986, a Supreme Court decision upheld states' rights to prohibit sodomy. A pro-sodomy strategy was then devised by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, authors of a groundbreaking article "The Gay Agenda".
They realized the only way to forward their plan was to shift it from a sodomy issue to a sexual-identity issue, advocating for a minority group of "gay" citizens who were victims of civil rights abuse. Based on the Civil Rights Act, gays had to meet three criteria:
1) suffered discrimination
2) powerless to help themselves
3) BORN that way. (The latter had never been a common conviction of homosexuality.)
I had a rare moment Wednesday afternoon: I sat down to listen to President Barry's press conference. For those who know me personally, you can stop the snickering. Yes, I really did take time to listen! In fact, I had just listened to McConnell's press conference and was pleasantly surprised at his performance. Barry, however, was another story.
It may be just me, but I thought "The Dear Leader" was in a state of denial. He said he heard the people, but then tried to excuse his party's debacle by stating how many people chose not to vote, thus, deflecting the blame. Most importantly, he seemed to have forgotten what he said prior to the election: That the election was all about his policies.
I think he has a serious problem. He actually believes what he'd been told: That he was supposed to be the messiah of American politics. He now seems utterly confused and irritated that instead he is the pariah of American politics. Perhaps this is why he came across as a man betrayed, rather than defeated. It was as if he had just realized that "community organizer" wasn't exactly good training ground to be President of the United States of America.
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
“If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. You can keep your doctor, period. Not even a smidgeon of corruption. Don’t let anybody tell you that its corporations and businesses that create jobs.” ~ Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Philosopher Karl Popper believed in open society, open borders, and no religion.
Columbia professors Cloward and Piven believed in overloading the welfare system to create a crisis which would lead to a national annual income, and the end of poverty.
Saul Alinsky believed in destroying Capitalism from within by joining the political system, moving up then forcing a welfare state.
As the November election approaches, remember one thing: The candidate with the greatest amount of campaign contributions is using special interest cash to fund advertising to cover the fact they are incompetent … unworthy of election.
Campaign cash is merely a bribe by well-heeled developers and businessmen to ‘BUY’ elections for candidates who’ll support their wishes and agendas once elected.
There is no way that highly financed campaigns can be justified by candidates for jobs that pay less than $30,000 a year unless it represents a 'legal' bribe or payoff.
So what’s the motive? Screwing the public. Setting up the future to line their own pockets at the expense of the taxpayers. See story, TIP OF THE ICEBERG, below for an analysis of the campaign’s funding for this elections' incompetents.
Here are the VNS Picks
Senate: Ed Gillespie
2nd District Congress: Scott Rigell
Virginia Beach City Council:
(2 seats) At large: Incumbent John D. Moss; newcomer George Furman III
(1 seat) Bayside: Incumbent Louis R. Jones, unopposed
(1 seat) Beach: No recommendation: Write in your own favorite video pornographer
(1 seat) Lynnhaven: Incumbent James L. (Jim) Wood
(1 seat) Princess Anne: Newcomer Pieri E. Burton
(1 seat) Rose Hall: Newcomer, Beatrice R. (Petey) Browder
(2 seats) At large: Incumbent Dorothy M. “Dottie” Holtz; newcomer, Robert N. “Bobby” Melatti
(1 seat) Bayside: Incumbent Carolyn D. Weems
(1seat ) Beach: Incumbent Samuel G. (Sam) Reid
(1 seat) Lynnhaven: Newcomer Carolyn T. Rye
(1) Princess Anne: Newcomer Kimberly A. Melnyk
- Tip of the Iceberg - Who's buying whom in this election?
- Gay lifestyle: Who needs to know this?
- Vote with the Pilot or vote against the politicians they endorse!
- Your energy costs may skyrocket without your help
- Group calls for boycott of Anti-American Progressive Insurance
- Is Our Constitution 'DEAD' or Outdated?
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Lower Levels of Key Nutrients in Women
- Low Cancer Risk With Device Used to Remove Fibroids, Study Finds
- Mammogram Rates May Fall When Women Learn of 'Overdiagnosis' Risk
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Mercury in Seafood May Raise Risk of Autoimmune Diseases in Women: Study
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Did Dakota Johnson's ISIS parody cross a line?
- DHS funding fight gives voice to Republicans' growing pragmatist fringe
- How can we prevent the next 'Jihadi John'?
- Obama: 'I loved Spock'
- Netanyahu speech to Congress: Low point in US-Israel relationship?
- Electricians dangle in outer space to retrofit the ISS
- Wisconsin's Walker admits flip on immigration
- CCTV video may show missing British girls in Istanbul
- Major Supreme Court challenge threatens to gut Obamacare
- Why Russians march: to replace 'campaigns of hate'
- 30,000 marchers in Moscow mourn slain Putin foe
- Kerry asks for benefit of the doubt on Iran nuclear talks
- Iraqi premier gives ultimatum ahead of hinted Tikrit attack
- New plane tracking to be tested after Malaysia jet mystery
- AP Essay: 'Jihadi John' won't have the same impact unmasked
- Samsung ditches plastic design, adds mobile pay in new phone
- Israeli PM in US for controversial speech
- High court case threatens independent electoral map drawers
- Spacewalking astronauts finish extensive, tricky cable job
- Joint birthday party for NY couple married 82 years
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- January 23, 2015 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of <em>Salmonella<em> Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean...
- December 16, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- December 4, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- November 24, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- A Tax Break for Going Gluten-Free?
- Small Business Success Story: A Barber on the Cutting Edge
- Warren Buffett's Best Dividend Stocks
- 7 Tax Breaks for College Costs
- Worst Things to Buy in Bulk
- 4 Places That Will Actually Pay You to Live There
- How to Cut Smartphone Costs
- An Attractive Time to Invest in TIPS
- How an Obamacare Error Made Your Taxes Even More Complicated
- How Much Money Does the Tooth Fairy Leave at Your House?
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections