By Frank Palmieri
This year’s presidential primary season has certainly been politically surprising and at times really funny.
Jeb Bush, from a Connecticut Yankee family that moved into the South, dropped out early in the race, symbolically marking the end of the moderate (Nixon-Rockefeller wing) control of the party. The Junior Senator from Texas, Ted Cruz , who is a spokesman for the anti-federalists-anti-feminist wing of the party which plans to bring an end to the Second Reconstruction and a Women’s Right to Choose, has been running hard to catch the leading candidate.
However, it has been Donald Trump, a political outsider billionaire, passionately supported by a populist revanchist-nationalist movement who appears to be closest to capturing the nomination.
Secretary Clinton has been advancing an internationalist-identity politics agenda.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Ira White - VNS Columnist
As you ponder the most recent story on Rachel Donezal – the woman who identifies as a "black trapped in a white body" – you can begin to understand the warped activism of the transgender movement to indoctrinate children and open up all public bathrooms to any sex.
The issues here are about BIOLOGICAL SEX and ETHNICITY, but the transgenderism hoax trumpets the mantra "gender identity" as something equivalent to biological sex.
But medical professionals are now revealing that it IS about biological sex and not a perceived gender, and that a psychological identity disorder is being politically endorsed by liberals, rock stars, and corporations rather than being acknowledged and treated for what it is. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
by Tom Holmes
GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump recently questioned the validity of the US remaining in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). See link below for an article on this issue.
Mr. Trump raised very valid and pertinent issues. That line was also echoed by members of the Senate. Americans must ask themselves whether NATO remains relevant and worth the cost to the American taxpayer. For example:
- Is a Europe that has surrendered to nanny-state socialism, political correctness, and masses of Mohammedan "refugees" worth the lives of young Americans to save?
- Do we continue to expand the alliance solely to tweak the Russian bear's nose, or does the alliance continue to have a legitimate role in the security of Europe and the United States?
- Would America be better served to join Russia in an alliance to combat Islamic-inspired terrorism? [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - VNS columnist
There are those who define communism in lofty ideals - that it is the solution to the world’s ills if only it were done right. Also, there are those who believe that “communism is dead” in spite of the millions who live in communist-controlled countries; and, here at home, we have the alive-and-well Communist Party USA.
Communism is not new. Ancient history tells us about the Ghouls in India many centuries ago, which operated just as communism has in more recent times, and the Illuminati, which is the precursor of present day communism, dating to 1776.
Through the centuries, little has changed. The modus operandi varies somewhat in order to take advantage of circumstances that prevail, but the ideals and goals are the same. The same ruthless philosophy is the foundation today of the tyrants who already rule and those who aspire to becoming rulers. Stalin is a hero whom they idolize and emulate.
OK, tell me why this angle of the Brussel bombing / shootings is not being covered by the US main stream media (MSM).
Is it because the Brussels / Belgian anti-terror folks couldn't find the Paris shooter / bomber for four months when he had fled to his old neighborhood in Brussels? Think about that. The Paris attack mastermind was living around the corner from his parents' home in Brussels for four months undetected.
Is another reason the US MSM is blocking this reporting angle because Hussein Obama is releasing GITMO terrorists early and watching as they return to the battlefield? Of course it is.
Sometimes an obvious point blows right past us when we are too busy trying to take care of the bills to fully understand what we're hearing.
Case in point. This morning we heard that our CIA Director, John Brennan, declared in a very recent interview that the CIA will never again water board another terror suspect, even if ordered to do so by a US President.
What's the big deal, you ask?
Well, in my mind, the fact that John Brennan converted to Islam some years ago is a very big deal!
Is Brennan's latest declaration on the non-use of water boarding a result of his conversion to Islam? If I were a betting man, I'd have to wager that it most certainly is.
A Real Country Cookin' Restauant - On the Road with VNS
The Farmer's Daughter 7700 Erwin Highway
Fridays & Saturdays: 11:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Sundays: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
It's the Real Meal. The Farmer’s Daughter Restaurant. Homemade food served ‘family-style.’ Many of us devotees call it The “Mother Church of Country Cooking,” a throw-back to the wonderful taste of real foods the way momma used to cook them ‘down home’ in Tennessee.
Operated by real country cooking experts. Located in a rural, isolated area about 8 miles from Erwin, TN and about 8 miles from Jonesborough, TN (driving there through some of the most beautiful mountain country you'll ever see, you may wonder if you are going to encounter dueling ‘banjoes’ from Deliverance), yet people drive for up to 100 miles to arrive there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
And why? Check it out. The dinner menu: Posted on a chalk board on the front porch.
On a recent visit, the meats/fish offered included: Fried Chicken, Steak-n-Gravy, Country Ham, Fried Alaskan Whitefish, Fried Cajun Catfish, Chicken ’n Dumplins, Baked Buttermilk Chicken. Each table can order two entrees. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
Virginia News Source has learned Former Circuit Court Judge Patricia L. West is exploring a run for mayor of Virginia Beach, challenging Will Sessoms, recently convicted of conflict of interest for mixing business interests with political decisions.
West reportedly hasn’t made a decision on entering the race, but is strongly considering it. She could not be reached for comment for this story. See her complete resume
Sources have told Virginia News Source that Sessoms is among several Virginia Beach officials being investigated by the FBI. The FBI will not deny the reports.
The match-up will be interesting: As one political wag put it: “Judge West judged crimes, she didn’t commit them."
West was on the Circuit Court bench from 2000-2012, where she presided over civil and criminal matters from eminent domain to capital murder cases, including jury, non-jury trials and administrative law appeals.
She is a staunch conservative and opposes the proposed extension of Norfolk's Light Rail system into Virginia Beach, finding it incomprehensible to justify such expenditure of tax funds when compared to the many more pressing needs of the city. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story]
- The System - Mismanaged by Both Corrupt Parties
- Wake up...Communism is poised to destroy our America
- Vice Mayor Louis Jones is part of the problem ...
- Destroying America: Arrogance, Hypocrisy & Treason
- National Debt Not Your Friend - possibility of nationalizing your retirement funds
- If Hillary's indicted could Michael Bloomberg replace her?
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Many Male Docs May Overlook Female Heart Risks: Study
- Vaginal Bleeding
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Base Quit-Smoking Day on Menstrual Cycle?
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- A train collision in Texas leads authorities to question safety protocol
- Death toll rises at Istanbul's Ataturk airport after suicide bombing
- The brewing liberal labor revolution
- If Turkey and Russia mend rift, it will be on Putin's terms
- 'Terrorists' open fire at Istanbul airport
- Lab-made, animal-free leather: The future of the industry?
- See how NASA simulates year on Mars...on Earth's largest volcano
- Why Canada is relaxing restrictions for Mexican visitors
- VW makes amends. A model in rebuilding trust?
- One nonprofit's way of responding to natural disasters – more than 60 of them
- Suicide blasts kill dozens at Istanbul airport
- The Latest: Flights resume from US to Istanbul airport
- Final Benghazi report: No 'smoking gun' pointing to Clinton
- Trump blasts trade deals, departing from GOP orthodoxy
- 'Little guy' contractors still angry at Trump Taj bankruptcy
- Volkswagen settles emissions cheating for $15.3 billion
- Facebook CEO's Hawaii neighbors grumble about new wall
- Scotty Moore, Elvis Presley's first guitarist, dies at 84
- 4 scenarios eyed to keep Britain in the EU despite exit vote
- Buddy Ryan, NFL coach and master of defense, dies at 85
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- This 5-Stock Portfolio Makes the Perfect Summer Gift
- How to Transfer Money Between 529 College-Savings Accounts
- Reverse Mortgages Continue to Evolve
- When It Comes to Investment Advice, Humans Beat Computers
- 6 Ways to Convince a Store Clerk to Give You a Deal
- 3 Things You Didn't Realize a Financial Adviser Could Do for You
- Smart Investors Ignore the Noise
- The Only Investment Advice You'll Ever Need
- Why Investing Is No Mystery to Me
- 7 Savvy Retirement Steps for Generation X