by Tom Holmes
I share with you the following note to a friend regarding the attitudes of the Obama Administration toward our men and women in uniform:
You and I have children who served in Iraq, so we have a particular perspective on what it is like to send a child off into the field of battle. My son's USMC unit was activated prior to hostilities, mid-term, second semester of his senior year at Ole Miss, but he never once complained. Spent his birthday that year rolling across the desert from Kuwait into Iraq.
Nobody ever said the Virginia Beach voters are smart.
In fact the Virginia Beach city Council thinks they are downright stupid - why else would they be able to raise the property tax rate from $.87 to a dollar $1.22 in 10 years without protest?
Now the Council plans to raise it another six cents per $100 assessed value to finance fiscal mismanagement and to help bail Norfolk out of its financially crippling, money-losing and unsuccessful ‘Fraim’s Folly' – – AKA Norfolk light rail system.
And have you heard any grumbling from the taxpayers? No!
VNS columnist Bob O'Connor looks at this display of citizen stupidity in his most recent column entitled "Easy Pickin’s.” Click here to see: O'Connor's 'Easy Pickin's' for an insight into stupidity of beach taxpayers.
by John P.Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
A man has to helplessly watch a pack of coyotes tearing a live, new-born calf apart to realize that cattle and coyotes don't mix. Sometimes, the culprits are hopelessly out-of-range. For many decades, coyotes were not a part of the Virginia landscape; but, now they are found in every corner of the state.
As a consequence of their taste for beef and wild game that we enjoy, we shoot coyotes on sight out on the farm in Suffolk, VA, where we hunt turkeys, bear and deer. If by chance we are able to see where the coyotes are dening, we're not above throwing poisoned baits near the mouth of the den. If you think that you've wiped them out, soon other coyotes will sense the territory is available and move their clan in to fill the vacancy. I guess that's just nature's way, the strong hoping to pray on the weak. CLICK 'READ MORE' BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY ...
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
As our Buffoon-in-Chief orders his Secretary of Dunces to extend talks to allow Iran to develop a nuclear weapon, how appropriate is it that the first day of that extension should be on April Fools Day?
The jokes on us, my fellow Americans, and you need no further proof of that fact than this article:
As you are well aware, the Iranians refer to Israel as the "Little Satan" and to us as the "Great Satan." Their often-broadcast plan is to first eliminate the Israelis and then focus their sights on us.
Barack Hussein Obama may not get the opportunity to sneer at the smoldering remains of America as he emerges from his bunker. My take is that Obama will soon be a nasty memory compliments of his former political funds benefactors, the Saudis.
By Chris Kettner, Virginia News Source Columnist
In my first column for the VA News Source, I thought it would be proper to write about a subject that my radio show is based upon...That would bring me to “The Coin”.
I, for one, have had enough with terms like Red, Blue, Liberal, Conservative, Radical Right, Radical Left, Republican, and Democrat. Whatever happened to the term American?
As an Independent, I have come to realize that our great country has no chance for continued success until we as a nation stop dividing the country based on labels.
Once a person adopts a label for themselves, they have doomed themselves to becoming a follower of that label or group. They surrender the God-given ability to think for themselves. They become nothing more than followers… mindless robots, regurgitating the labels’ talking points.
I submit to you, kind reader, that if all Americans were to throw away the labels and actually look at both sides of the issues, they would find a little truth on both sides of the coin.
I further submit to you, that armed with that knowledge, you would at least have a better understanding of both sides of the coin.
by Larry Henry
Grace Slick sang White Rabbit back in 1967 in tribute to the American drug culture. That was the Age of Aquarius, drugs, sex, and rock & roll, communes, war protesters, dropping out, it was cool, man. Or so we thought at the time.
Today the White Rabbit is in control of our lives.
Democrats created the Housing disaster in 2008 with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, thanks to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Republicans did not protest strongly enough before the roof fell in. Obama came out with his Stimulus Package to save the day. About 95% went to the unions. Union dues then poured millions back into the DNC coffers.
That Gulf oil spill could have been capped six months earlier, but Obama refused to accept help from anyone not unionized.
Read 'em - ObamaCare is easy to understand ...4 simple sentences sum-up 10,535 pages of Obama Care
Great summary by a Notre Dame University engineer..... Here are the 10,535 pages of Obama Care condensed to 4 simple sentences.. As humorous as it sounds..every last word is absolutely TRUE!
1. In order to insure the uninsured, we first have to un-insure the insured.
2. Next, we require the newly uninsured to be re-insured.
3. To re-insure the newly uninsured, they are required to pay extra charges to be re-insured.
4. The extra charges are required so that the original insured, who became un-insured, and then became re-insured, can pay enough extra so that the original un-insured can be insured, so it will be "free-of-charge" to them.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is called "redistribution of wealth" ...or, by its more common name, SOCIALISM, the politically correct name for COMMUNISM!
- HPV Test
- Millennials More Accepting of Working Moms Than Past Generations
- Trauma, PTSD May Raise Women's Odds of Heart Attack, Stroke: Study
- Breast Anatomy
- Female Bosses May Not Push Pay Parity
- Birth Control Options
- Skinny Jeans Took a Tight Toll on This Lady's Legs
- Pregnancy Results Good for Women With Controlled Lupus: Study
- 'Skinny Jeans' Linked to Woman's Nerve Damage
- teriparatide (Forteo)
- When hackers get hacked: Notorious cybersecurity company targeted
- Vanilla chia pudding
- Google's Waze to launch carpooling app experiment in Israel
- Varoufakis rides into the sunset. Will it help Europe and Greece?
- Why is there a petition to fire Reddit CEO Ellen Pao?
- Work at home? Six gadgets that can make your job easier.
- US wins Women's World Cup: Rising gender equality in TV, marketability
- Why the Internet is talking about 'Game of Thrones' actor Kit Harington's hair
- Why 'Terminator Genisys' and 'Magic Mike XXL' underperformed at the box office
- Amazon 'Prime Day' aims to lure more premium subscribers
- Greece looks to reopen bailout talks as euro future in doubt
- What's next, as Greece stumbles toward euro exit
- South Carolina lawmakers begin debate over Confederate flag
- The Latest: Pope prays at shrine in Ecuador
- Iran pushes for end to arms embargo in nuke deal
- Fraying family ties cut to heart of theater gunman's defense
- Day of extremist violence across Nigeria kills more than 60
- Wins, setbacks mark the path to nationwide same-sex marriage
- Serena beats Venus in 2 sets in 4th round at Wimbledon
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Bursting the Talk of a Stock-Market Bubble
- Worst Jobs for the Future 2015
- 3 Great Europe Dividend Stocks: Sanofi, Vodafone, UBS
- Best American Funds for Your 401(k)
- Jim Stack: The Bull Market Isn't Dead Yet
- 12 Best Values in Used Cars, 2015
- Fewer Big Sales, More Custom Deals for Shoppers
- 10 Great Places to Retire in 2015
- 10 Best Places to Retire in 2015
- 10 States Where Taxes Are Going Up