Virginia News Source has learned Former Circuit Court Judge Patricia L. West is exploring a run for mayor of Virginia Beach, challenging Will Sessoms, recently convicted of conflict of interest for mixing business interests with political decisions.
West reportedly hasn’t made a decision on entering the race, but is strongly considering it. She could not be reached for comment for this story. See her complete resume
Sources have told Virginia News Source that Sessoms is among several Virginia Beach officials being investigated by the FBI. The FBI will not deny the reports.
The match-up will be interesting: As one political wag put it: “Judge West judged crimes, she didn’t commit them."
West was on the Circuit Court bench from 2000-2012, where she presided over civil and criminal matters from eminent domain to capital murder cases, including jury, non-jury trials and administrative law appeals.
She is a staunch conservative and opposes the proposed extension of Norfolk's Light Rail system into Virginia Beach, finding it incomprehensible to justify such expenditure of tax funds when compared to the many more pressing needs of the city. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
Or you can call him and disagree at: 865-607-3472
For some time now I’ve been confused over the fact that Obama hasn’t been impeached. He’s committed every political crime in the book, including, in my opinion, treason. So why is he still there?
Rush Limbaugh explained it recently. To impeach Obama would upset the system. It doesn’t matter which party is in power, both parties feed at the same political trough.
The Democrats and the Republicans take turns mismanaging the country. So to impeach Obama would throw a monkey wrench into the well-oiled and very corrupt political machinery.
By Sue Long, VNS Columnist
Slavery is denounced in no uncertain terms and rightly so. But, many who condemn the version of slavery that was in effect prior to the Xlll Amendment wholeheartedly support slavery in the present-day version.
Communism is slavery in its most virulent form. It affects people of all races, ages and socio economic levels. It has been imposed at the cost of the lives of more than 100 million people who have been worked, starved and tortured to death. Once imposed it is a binding situation with little hope of relief. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
by Larry Henry
VNS Columnist - Special to VNS
Back in 1990 our national debt was 3.2 trillion. Ten years later it was 5.7 trillion. That debt has been escalating ever since the 1960s when Lyndon Johnson unveiled his Great Society.
LBJ’s White House set social programs in motion which proved to be poison pawns. Within five years the black family structure was destroyed. Welfare had become a way of life, drugs, immorality, and government cheese.
Between 2001 and 2008 the debt went from 5.7 trillion to 10 trillion. George Bush was president. We got hit with 9-11. Then Pelosi and Reid took control of the House and Senate in 2006.
Much of this debt was their doing, including the housing crash of 2008 over sub-prime lending which the Democrats rammed down the throats of the Banking Industry.[Click Read More below for rest of story]
With the Republican establishment having its long knives out to try to sabotage the candidacy of front runner Donald Trump, here is a weird scenario that may be worth thinking about:
FBI director James Comey told Congress Tuesday that he was personally following the investigation involving Democratic front runner Hillary Clinton’s email/security scandal 'very closely.'
This set off a flurry of speculation from both Republican and some Democrat leaning media pundits to the effect that possible legal action against Clinton may be just weeks away. Further speculation is this is the only thing that can stop Clinton’s march toward the White House.
Should that occur the Republicans could win by default. BUT Consider this: If Clinton goes down, would not that be a wonderful opportunity for X-New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to join the race for president on the Democrat side?
Like Donald Trump, he could be self-funded and give Democrats a new candidate behind which they could immediately unite.[Click 'Read More'below for rest of the column]
Re-establishing Government By The People …
it has to start with replacing crony capitalism with a government that doesn’t pick winners and losers.
The first step is replacing Louis Jones, the Bayside District Council member who’s under the thumb of Will Sessoms, the first Beach mayor convicted of a crime.
Jones, despite what he may say privately, is a major supporter of bringing Norfolk’s “Tide-Tanic” light rail boondoggle and forcing it down the throats of Beach taxpayers.
Despite the findings of the $6.6 million study which showed that the project WOULD NOT REDUCE TRAFFIC CONGESTION - by a single car… despite the 1,125 daily ridership in 2034; despite the fact that the 3-mile project is estimated to cost the taxpayers $327 million, and despite the fact that Norfolk’s Tide is the highest subsidized lie-rail system in the nation, Jones wants to move forward with this blackhole disaster.
If you agree with Jones, keep silent. If you disagree, his number is 583-0177
Robert K. Dean - Virginia Beach
(Dean is a former City Councilman and unsuccessful candidate for mayor)
Letter to Editor:
The US debt is over $18,000,000,000 and climbing. Those in power seem to be in a drunken stupor.
At some point, our debt will no longer favored as an investment which will cause our interest payments to go up even more. In fact people may not even want to buy our debt.
In either case, it will be so bad that the politicians and other with great power will take what ever action necessary to "save" the country.
There is an over $18 trillion source of private funds that they can take by force, just as gold was taken.
That source of funds is the amounts people have in IRAs, 401-Ks and other private retirement plans. The government will then "promise" to pay those who will have to give up their money a "pension." This then gives the government power over every retiree dependent upon the "pension."
This will be a nationalism of private retirement plans. It will help solve the debt problem and give control to the socialist/communist. If you do not comply with their edicts, they will control you by varying or deleting your pension. Sounds like the mark of the beast.
The trend is not your friend.
Ben Krause - Virginia Beach
To: Parents and interested Virginia Beach citizens.....
This is an opportunity to learn about what is now standard in some of our Virginia Beach schools. You will be surprised, and I think, quite disheartened. Please, set aside the time to attend one of these "Fair and Equitable Grading" meetings. I am hopeful there will be "fairness", fairness to be honest with all those in attendance as to what exactly is going on regarding the grading(or lack thereof) and non-accountability practices taking place. Are these practices more attempts towards the "dumbing down" of our children? Let's hear what the Virginia Beach Administration has to say. I hope to see thousands of concerned parents attend ...... we owe it to our children.
(Meeting on this subject will be held at 6:30 PM March 16 at Kellam High School and 2665 W.Neck Road; And at 6:30 PM March 22 at First Colonial High School and 1272 Mill Dam Road. Parents and interested parties are encouraged to attend.)
Grandmother and very concerned
- Abide by the Constituton - Don't Pervert It with Change
- Why won't Obama bomb ISIS Capital?
- Beware of proposed 'constitutional changes'
- Obama Destroying America with Congressional help through the back door
- Protect our 1st & 2nd Amendment Rights to protect against Tyranny
- 9/11/01 - was start of WW III
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Disease Prevention in Women
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Schrödinger’s cat gets a playmate
- Alexa is now available on your browser, sort of
- Harvard grad's inspiring spoken-word poem goes viral
- French Open: Will the real Serena Williams please stand up?
- Capacity crowds: Is the era of restricted access to US national parks here?
- Glycine found around comet: Did life on Earth come from space?
- Suspected gang rape in Brazil: A wake-up call?
- As America took to the skies for Memorial Day, did TSA finally get it right?
- 'Living fossil' in Yellowstone River needs help: Will $57M dam save sturgeon?
- Elon Musk vs Warren Buffett: how two titans see carbon-free electricity
- As in 'Celebrity Apprentice,' Trump fosters rivalries
- AP-NORC Poll: Voters interested, not excited about election
- Syria rebels attacked by IS militants, government troops
- Child still critical after lightning hits 11 in Paris park
- 2 dead, 5 missing after heavy rains in Texas, Kansas
- WWII plane pulled from Hudson after crash that killed pilot
- Putin visits Russian Orthodox monastic community in Greece
- Italian, Irish, German ships save over 650 migrants at sea
- UN health agency rejects call to postpone Rio Olympics
- Family of lost hiker won't second-guess Maine over search
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 5 Surprising Perks of Amazon Prime
- GDP Growth to Strengthen in Second Half of Year
- Gas Prices Spike Ahead of Memorial Day Weekend
- Help Get Your College Grad Out of Your House and Into a Job
- 6 Smart and Simple Money Tips for New Grads
- Estate Planning for Military Families
- 10 Great Waterfront Vacation Homes
- Why Bonds Still Make Sense in Retirement
- 7 Good Stocks With Hidden Value
- Worst Things to Buy at Memorial Day Sales