Did ambitious plans to get taxpayer bucks to help renovate the ancient Cavalier on the Hill hotel turn Bruce Thompson into a turn greedy, overconfident, bungling developer now caught a year behind original opening schedule and more than $20 MILLION over budget as a result of developer inexperience and lack of engineering due diligence?
Seems that in his drive to build a bigger reputation as a hotel developer wunderkind, he ‘crapped in his hat’ as one of my most successful developer friends in Virginia Beach would say.
Other well-heeled, less ego-driven, smart developers surveyed the aging Cavalier before it was sold to Thompson. [Click Read More below for rest of the story].
by Catherine Crabill - Irvington, VA
VNS contributing columnist
When I first heard about the “transgender community” demanding access to men’s and women’s bathrooms across America, I thought the concept so absurd, so outrageous, that it didn’t stand a chance in you-know-where of being taken seriously. Boy was I wrong!
Just last month, in Gloucester County, Virginia, a sadly confused young woman identifying as a young man was granted full access to the boy’s locker room/bathrooms at Gloucester High School. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - North, VA
Virginia News Source Columnist
Now more than ever our law enforcement officers need our support. Thanks to them we are able to live in a free nation. Daily they put their lives on the line to protect us, and allow us to live in peace and security. But the assault on them has become considerable.
You are invited to join us, the Support Your Local Police of Virginia, at a town meeting to learn why it is important to keep law enforcement control at the local level, to give tribute to our law enforcement officers, and to hear from them and get their input as to how we can best be supportive of them.
Ira White - VNS Columnist
As you ponder the most recent story on Rachel Donezal – the woman who identifies as a "black trapped in a white body" – you can begin to understand the warped activism of the transgender movement to indoctrinate children and open up all public bathrooms to any sex.
The issues here are about BIOLOGICAL SEX and ETHNICITY, but the transgenderism hoax trumpets the mantra "gender identity" as something equivalent to biological sex.
But medical professionals are now revealing that it IS about biological sex and not a perceived gender, and that a psychological identity disorder is being politically endorsed by liberals, rock stars, and corporations rather than being acknowledged and treated for what it is. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
Sometimes an obvious point blows right past us when we are too busy trying to take care of the bills to fully understand what we're hearing.
Case in point. This morning we heard that our CIA Director, John Brennan, declared in a very recent interview that the CIA will never again water board another terror suspect, even if ordered to do so by a US President.
What's the big deal, you ask?
Well, in my mind, the fact that John Brennan converted to Islam some years ago is a very big deal!
Is Brennan's latest declaration on the non-use of water boarding a result of his conversion to Islam? If I were a betting man, I'd have to wager that it most certainly is.
By Frank Palmieri
This year’s presidential primary season has certainly been politically surprising and at times really funny.
Jeb Bush, from a Connecticut Yankee family that moved into the South, dropped out early in the race, symbolically marking the end of the moderate (Nixon-Rockefeller wing) control of the party. The Junior Senator from Texas, Ted Cruz , who is a spokesman for the anti-federalists-anti-feminist wing of the party which plans to bring an end to the Second Reconstruction and a Women’s Right to Choose, has been running hard to catch the leading candidate.
However, it has been Donald Trump, a political outsider billionaire, passionately supported by a populist revanchist-nationalist movement who appears to be closest to capturing the nomination.
Secretary Clinton has been advancing an internationalist-identity politics agenda.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Tom Holmes
GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump recently questioned the validity of the US remaining in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). See link below for an article on this issue.
Mr. Trump raised very valid and pertinent issues. That line was also echoed by members of the Senate. Americans must ask themselves whether NATO remains relevant and worth the cost to the American taxpayer. For example:
- Is a Europe that has surrendered to nanny-state socialism, political correctness, and masses of Mohammedan "refugees" worth the lives of young Americans to save?
- Do we continue to expand the alliance solely to tweak the Russian bear's nose, or does the alliance continue to have a legitimate role in the security of Europe and the United States?
- Would America be better served to join Russia in an alliance to combat Islamic-inspired terrorism? [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - VNS columnist
There are those who define communism in lofty ideals - that it is the solution to the world’s ills if only it were done right. Also, there are those who believe that “communism is dead” in spite of the millions who live in communist-controlled countries; and, here at home, we have the alive-and-well Communist Party USA.
Communism is not new. Ancient history tells us about the Ghouls in India many centuries ago, which operated just as communism has in more recent times, and the Illuminati, which is the precursor of present day communism, dating to 1776.
Through the centuries, little has changed. The modus operandi varies somewhat in order to take advantage of circumstances that prevail, but the ideals and goals are the same. The same ruthless philosophy is the foundation today of the tyrants who already rule and those who aspire to becoming rulers. Stalin is a hero whom they idolize and emulate.
- The 'Mother Church' of Country Cooking in rural Tennessee
- Why isn't MSM reporting Paris bomber was living in their old Belgium neighborhoods?
- Former Beach Judge to Challenge Mayor Sessoms
- The System - Mismanaged by Both Corrupt Parties
- Wake up...Communism is poised to destroy our America
- Vice Mayor Louis Jones is part of the problem ...
- Later Start, Finish to Menstruation May Extend Women's Lives
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Menopause: Not All Hot Flashes Are Created Equal
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- Bone Density Scan
- Hormone Therapy Won't Help Memory After Menopause
- Monthly Vaginal Ring May Help Protect Against HIV
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- 1st HPV Test for Use With Preservative Fluid
- Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
- From Melania to Hillary, political tradition of cribbing quotes is thriving
- Get ready: midnight Muggle parties for ‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’
- New Sandy Hook school balances beauty and safety
- What's behind Indonesia's executions of drug traffickers?
- Officer says prosecutors silenced him about Sandra Bland case
- C is for Change: 'Sesame Street' drops veteran cast members
- Can drones speak whale? No, but they can come close
- Judges strike down North Carolina voter ID law, citing discrimination
- Apple shifts focus of Project Titan to autonomous car technology
- How beneficial are 'one-to-one' laptop programs in schools?
- Rabbi was behind meeting between pope, Polish rescuers
- Clinton keeps up anti-Trump push; he critiques her speech
- Trump transition tests outsider's governing ability
- Donald Trump speech beats Hillary Clinton in TV viewership
- 'Zika is now here': Mosquitoes now spreading virus in U.S.
- Turkey's Erdogan slams US reaction to failed coup
- Court blocks 'discriminatory' North Carolina voter ID law
- Pope visits Auschwitz, begs God to forgive "so much cruelty"
- 2 San Diego police officers shot, 1 fatally, during stop
- 6 more Michigan public workers charged in Flint water crisis
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 9 Dividend Stocks to Buy With Both Fists
- Hillary Clinton's Investments: Just Plain Boring
- Housing Market Keeps Its Momentum
- What Happens to Your 401(k) When You Die - Like It or Not
- Price Drops at the Gas Pump to Continue
- 7 Things Every Retirement Investor Should Own
- What to Do When You Suspect a Scam
- Beware the Hidden Costs of Mutual Funds
- 3 Ways to Teach Children About Money
- Worst Websites for Online Reviews