by John P. Kuchta Jr.
If you think that Chris Christie is a Jersey tough guy who would fight a buzz saw for Mom, the flag and apple pie, read the following essay about Christie inviting an admitted member of Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood to an Iftar dinner. Once there, Christie praised the man profusely and denigrated those (like me) who can tell a stick from a snake.
Having been raised in south Louisiana in a family active in politics, I understand when politicians do things that seem to make no sense to the average guy; but, back in the good old days, politicians didn't pander to special interests who wanted to take down the United States of America.
Did south Louisiana politicians take money from the Mafia? You bet. The Mafia in the 1960's in New Orleans was a very powerful, well heeled campaign contributor. The Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas make La Costra Nostra look like a pacifist offshoot of the Boy Scouts.
Mr. Chris Braunlich writes that we should consider granting in-state college tuition to the children of illegal immigrants. Sadly, once again we have a liberal whispering sweet words into the ears of taxpaying citizens while picking their pockets. Firstly, what part of illegal does he and his liberal friends not understand?
Granting in-state tuition to the children of illegal (there's that word again) immigrants merely encourages continued behavior of that nature. Who foots the bill? The taxpaying citizens of the Commonwealth.
By Larry Henry VNS Columnist & Tennesse Patriot
Uncle Sam, betrayed, beaten, and robbed by Congress, is being forced to the Poor Farm. Lady Liberty, used and abused by the White House, bows her head in shame.
The socialist Democrats, Commander Zero, and the RINO Republicans are all guilty.
The time has come to rescue our Republic. Article 5 of the Constitution affords us a legal procedure.
Two thirds of the 50 States may convene a Constitutional convention to stop the malignant growth and tyranny of our Federal Government. Constitutional changes must be ratified by three quarters of the 50 States.
by Chris Braunlich
Vice President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy and a member of the Virginia State Board of Education
One American leader claimed that incoming immigrants were too stupid to learn English and represented a political threat to America, noting that the newcomers "will soon so outnumber us" that "even our Government will become precarious." And he complained of the immigrants' "swarthy complexion," which, he said, was an affront to the "purely white people" of America.
Benjamin Franklin's concerns about the Germans immigrating to Pennsylvania demonstrate that the debate over immigration is nothing new. Even the nation's Founders have been among those using overheated language, whom history has proven wrong.
Thomas Jefferson's powerful points in the Declaration of Independence also declares the Obama government as uniquely destructive – defying truths, ethics, honesty, laws and the Constitution.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
“Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government." - Thomas Jefferson
"Implicit in structure, in the very idea of ordered liberty, was a rejection of absolute truth...that might lock future generations into a single unalterable course." - Barack Obama
Jefferson's listed grievances in the Declaration also mirror dissent of the Obama government.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance":
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Were you as perplexed as I was about the news clip that ran on Friday, 10 Jan 14, about the FBI going to Russia to assist the Russians in securing the Winter Olympics from terror attacks?
There has already been substantial violence within Russia with terror bombings aimed at slowing down international attendance at the games and embarrassing the Putin-led government . One would suppose that more bombings, some suicidal, are planned for the games. It’s all being orchestrated by Southern Baptists, right?
So, why is the FBI being invited in?
The Russians showed in the run-up to the Boston Marathon terror attack that they are pretty capable when it comes to identifying terrorists. Didn’t the Russians notify the FBI twice that the elder Tsarnaev brother was a terrorist and should be dealt with? Didn’t the FBI follow-up by sending one of their crack agents to “interview” the elder Tsarnaev and pronounce him sound as the US dollar? Bad analogy, I know. So a Russian anti-terror group who can identify a Muslim terrorist living in Boston, MA, feels the need to invite the FBI to “assist” them in their anti-terror efforts inside Russia? Yep, this sounds like a set-up doesn’t it?
RICHMOND - - On Sunday, January 19th at the Confederate War Memorial Chapel - the Lee-Jackson Camp #1 - in conjunction with the Virginia Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans, will hold a Remembrance Service for Gen Robert E. Lee, CSA on the 207th anniversary of his birth in the 2,014th Year of our Lord.
The service will be held at the Confederate War Memorial Chapel(2900 Grove Ave)., on the grounds of the Robert E. Lee Confederate Memorial Park in Richmond at 1:30 p.m.
After the service the Southern Battle Abbey/Confederate Memorial Institute(VHS) will be open to view their displays of Confederate art and Old Soldiers Home memorabilia.
David Palmer, in character as Gen Lee, will share his characterization of the man that was Robert E Lee.
Please inform other compatriots of this event.
Support the Chapel:
Friends of the Confederate War Memorial Chapel
2900 Grove Ave
Richmond, VA 23255-1256
by Ira White - Portsmouth
THIS IS WHERE IT'S GOING
The debate regarding same-sex marriage and morality is not an isolated one. It has also become relevant on the issues of polygamy and pedophilia which are riding the same wave of justification and legal activism. While redefining universal values recognized for millennia by civil society, they also seek to erode democracy itself by overthrowing the voice of a majority through the dictates of amoral minorities and arbitrary court rulings.
This is evident in its effects on the bipartisan Defense of Marriage Act, California's majority referendum Proposition 8, and Utah's long-standng polygamy laws.
Such relevant and crucial values are clearly defined in I Corinthians 6:9-10 and I Timothy 1:10 – sexual immorality, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves, slave traders, liars, perjurers. Though most of us have been guilty of at least one to some degree, one thing differentiates homosexuality.
- Change Congress, not the Constitution
- Kuchta would like the photograph of the last dead Taliban member
- FBI can't say words, "Muslim Jihad!"
- The lies of our leaders? You'll keep only what he wants you to keep!
- Army Mass Murderer 'Flavor of the Month?"
- Islam is a Religion of Peace? You're joking right?
- Cottage cheese dinner rolls
- Mario Day: Ways to score big bonding points
- Angela Merkel: Putin's Ukraine referendum illegal
- Honda hybrids go bigger; Insight axed
- The never-ending energy transition
- Plane collides with skydiver: No serious injuries
- 'True Detective' director Cary Fukunaga will reportedly direct adaptation of Stephen King's 'It'
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: China plays down terrorism theories
- Best predictor of divorce? Age when couples cohabit, study says.
- Joran van der Sloot: Why Peru won't extradite him until 2038 (+video)
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- In China, brutality yields confessions of graft
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Judge weighs new evidence in Army sex assault case
- E-cigarettes: fresh air or smoke and mirrors?
- US network to scan workers with secret clearances
- Survey: Uninsured rate drops; health law cited
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at NY trial
- Black Twitter growing into online force
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- Taking a Delayed RMD
- The 10 Worst Stocks of the Bull Market
- Ukraine Will Need to Swallow Loss of Crimea
- The 10 Best Stocks of the Bull Market
- Fabulous Freebies 2014
- Great Mutual Funds for Young Investors
- Advice on Spending Less From Around the Web
- Signing Up for Commuter Benefits
- More Jobs for New Grads in 2014
- Higher Earners Will Pay More Taxes This Spring
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections