Trey Gowdy's questioning of Asst. Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security Gregory Starr on Sept. 17, 2014 reveals more evidence that Obama and Hillary refused security and lied about it specifically to protect the 2012 re-election campaign from the truth of disintegrating policies and conditions in Libya. There is no other conclusion.
An important point here is that Hillary had said they were depending on LOCAL FORCES of the HOST NATION to provide security when they pulled out Nordstrom's 16-man security detachment in August 2012.
Ironically, an ARB report regarding embassy security, FROM 1999 NO LESS, stressed the importance of constant coordination with the government of a host nation on any responsibilities for security of US embassies.
Editor: Obama claims ISIS is not Islamic precisely because of their brutality. To the contrary, the horrendous videos of civilian executions being broadcast are proof of their Qur'anic fundamentalism. Surah 8:55 & 57 makes clear that even non-combatants are fair game in order to spread fear:
"Assuredly, the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe... If you come on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that perhaps they may remember." (quoted verbatim from The Glorious Qur'an, a translation in their own words distributed by Muslims in English-speaking countries)
"The aim of The Glorious Qur'an is to present to English readers what Muslims the world over hold to be the meaning of the words of the Qur'an."
Ira White - Portsmouth VA
Do you ever call a tech and can’t understand what they are saying? Or is your income not keeping up with rising prices. Or you can’t find goods that have been made in America?
The trade pact NAFTA has contributed to all of these things. It has led to lower wages, job losses, outsourcing, and even a loss of American sovereignty.
Trade pacts such as NAFTA are regional arrangements that are foreign governing bodies that take control over not just trade but also regulations that have nothing to do with trade.
By Jim Bacon
When remarking upon disparities in educational outcomes, most pundits focus on the racial/ethnic gap between Asians and whites on the one hand and blacks and Hispanics on the other. That's no surprise, given the distressing size of the gap and the dismal implications of that gap for the prospects for forging a society in which every child has an equal shot at succeeding in life. But there's another gap, not quite as large, but equally pervasive -- the gender gap. Girls out-perform boys academically across the board. Combine the gender gap with the ethnic/racial gap, and that spells very bad news for the upcoming generation of black males.
To examine the dimensions of this gap, I used Virginia's awesome "SOL Assessment Build a Table" tool that allows users to take a deep dive into the data. I compared male vs female pass and fail rates on reading, writing, history, math and science SOLs across all schools and grades, then broke down the gender disparities by racial/ethnic group to see if the disparities were worse for some groups than others Read rest of the story Read More.
VNS columnist John Kuchta Jr., AKA Captain Crawdad, writes an interesting piece on the Wall Street Journal - the most widely circulated newspaper in the nation - calling out Obama for the half-black, half-white in competent politician in the nation’s history that he is.
“A ‘deadly’ article,” Kuchta said. Read rest of the story by clicking Read More below:
And in another scathing piece, Kuchta writes:
By golly, when Janet Napalitano told us years ago that the southern border was safer than it had ever been, I believed her!
Janet was the type of woman who was almost Thatcher-esq if you overlooked her lack of integrity, lack of knowledge of her job and slavish devotion to The Kenyan. Liberals liked her because she liked little girls…”. Read rest of his column by clicking Read More below
by Dr. Christine Chmura, President and Chief Economist, Chumura Economics and Analytics
A lot has been made about the hollowing out of America, also called "job polarization" by economists.
It happened during the recession when the employment in mid-wage occupations declined by a larger number than lower-wage or higher-wage occupations dropped.
Since the recovery began, job growth has been lagging Click to read rest of the story
New Study Highlights Financial Health of Hospitals
by the Thomas Jefferson Institute
In a new study released today, the Thomas Jefferson Institute shows the financial health of the hospitals in Virginia. The study may be found here:
"The financial health of the hospitals has become an issue because the hospitals have weighed in on the Medicaid expansion debate saying they need these federal dollars" writes Michael Thompson, President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute, who compiled the numbers and wrote this report.
Using the profit/loss and net worth numbers as reported on the Virginia Hospital Information website, the Jefferson Institute's report shows that most hospitals are doing very well, while a relatively few seem to be in "financial strife."
by Larry Henry - Special to VNS
Cowards to the Right of us,
Traitors to the Left of us,
Media Morons in front of us,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell,
Rode the six hundred
300 from Congress and 300 from the White House.
This reminds me of the allegory of Plato’s Cave.
Socrates describes a band of prisoners who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all their lives, facing a blank wall. The prisoners watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them. Those shadows are as close as they ever get to viewing reality.
- What would Davy (Crockett) Do?
- The Obama legacy - Destroying America
- Does Chinese cruelty to animals make your bacon taste better?
- A Christian holocaust is taking place in the Middle East ...& coming to America!
- Obama taking over the world with Ebola panic?
- Who Killed Jack Korte? We report. You decide@
Quote OF THE DAY
SEX IN THE SHOWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In a recent survey carried out for the leading toiletries firm 'Brut', people from Chicago have proved to be the most likely to have had sex in the shower!
In the survey, 86% of Chicago's inner city residents (almost all of whom are registered Democrats) say that they have enjoyed sex in the shower.
The other 14% said they hadn't been to prison yet.
Sort of brings tears to your eyes!!!!
- Timing of First Period Tied to Women's Later Heart Risk: Study
- Full Bladder May Get a Third of Women Over 40 Up at Night
- Picture of Uterine Fibroids
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Women Can Outperform Men in Financial Negotiations, Study Shows
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Mammograms for 40-Somethings Supported by New Study
- Weight Control After Pregnancy
- Urinary Incontinence: More Common Than You Think
- Top Picks: Holiday music edition
- Top Islamic militants killed: Are more US troops heading to Iraq?
- NASA's Kepler space telescope finds 'Super-Earth' after 19-month hiatus
- Jeb Bush: upsides and downsides for a 2016 presidential run
- Should Americans start planning trips to Cuba?
- Rand Paul breaks with other 2016 GOP contenders to back Obama's opening to Cuba
- For Sen. Marco Rubio, Cuba entwines passion and presidential aspiration (+video)
- Obama surprises Mass. governor on radio, gets called out on parking tickets (+video)
- Why Mitt Romney may have the right response for Sony's 'The Interview' (+video)
- States tackle question of how to boost college completion rates for low-income students
- Spy's parents search for son after Cuba-US deal
- Hope and some fear in Cuba amid thaw with US
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Hack attack spurs call for more NKorea sanctions
- Companies' data security in question after Sony hack
- Pakistan: 77 militants killed after school massacre
- 8 children killed, mother stabbed, in Australia
- Poll: Americans skeptical of commercial drones
- In Lebanon, Syrian newborns risk statelessness
- Stephen Colbert retires his 'Report' and the host he played
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- December 16, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- December 4, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- November 24, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- Why I'm Sticking With Acacia Research's Stock
- Last-Minute Deals for Holiday Shoppers
- Eased Relations With Cuba Will Help U.S. Businesses, Cigar Lovers
- Why Social Security Isn't Going Away
- 8 Energy Stocks to Add to Your Shopping List
- 6 Ways to Fix Social Security
- 25 Best College Values in the Southeast/Mid-South, 2015
- 25 Best College Values in the West/Southwest, 2015
- How We Rank the Best College Values
- 10 Best Values in Liberal Arts Colleges, 2015
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections