by Joseph J. McGrenra, CFCM
(July 28th, 2014)-I don’t remember the first time I saw James Garner on screen. It was in the early 1970’s and I recall it was a western-either Support Your Local Sheriff or Support Your Local Gunfighter.
The role that made him a star was Maverick, and I came to that late. I was and am a western fan, but that series was in black and white and by the time I was growing up a lot of stations wouldn’t show black and white series. However Garner returned to the role in the 1970s (The New Maverick and a cameo in Young Maverick), the 1980’s (the Bret Maverick series), and 1990’s 1994’s big screen Maverick).
He was one of the few stars of his era that worked on both the big and small screens. After leaving Maverick (more on that later), he spent the next decade or so concentrating on the big screen (The Great Escape, Grand Prix, etc.) before returning to television.
He was considered one of the best drivers in Hollywood and did all of his own driving in Grand Prix and later in The Rockford Files.
My favorite Garner role is easy and a no-brainer for me-Jim Rockford. I don’t remember if I was there for the first episode of The Rockford Files, but if I missed it, I was watching soon after it started. Rockford Files is one of the few shows in the history of television (yes my opinion, but shared by many others) that never really lost it or “jumped the sharp”.
It left television in the middle of its sixth season after Garner was told he needed a break or the pace was going to kill him. Garner intended to take some time and recover his health and return, but the studio decided not to wait for his return and pulled the plug (more on that later).
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Today's headline reporting the conviction of one of the Tsanaev brothers' friends, made me ponder:
When do we get to see US Army traitor Nidal Hasan hanging by his neck? And, how long will we be made to wait to see justice for all the folks maimed and killed by the Tsarnaev brothers?
After killing 13 men and women at Fort Hood, TX, Hasan has managed to stay alive by the good graces of his Muslim cousin, our Community Organizer-in-Chief.
Do you want to put any money on my proposition that Hasan will NEVER be hung for his treason? Did we ever get the great controversy of Hasan's beard resolved? [Click Below to read more]
It used to be that conservatives were known for supporting God, family, and self-reliance.
That being the case, WHY do you use such crude language in describing the lack of fortitude of Republicans?
If they were against Mr. Soetoro/Obama or whomever he is, they would have exposed him as a fraud and usurper a long time ago, right?
Mr. Obama was adopted by Barry Soetoro and took his name and nationality. Unless he has changed both, he remains Barry Soetoro of Indonesia.
VNS sent a constituent query, (not as the media) on June 2 asking 2nd District Rep. Scott Rigell on June 2 to give a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer to whether he would cosponsor H.R. 2959 - the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013 - no rhetoric just a simple answer. Rigell replied with a standard 2-page congressional form, irrelevant BS letter, consisting of 263-words - and would not answer the question. (See original story)
Then on June 23, VNS send an official media query to Kim Mosser, Rigell’s communications director: Restating: “Simple Yes or No answer - no explanation wanted:
A.Will Rigell 1). Support H.R. 2959 and 2). Will he co-sponsor H.R. 2959?
B.Will he oppose H.R. 4783? Yes or No?
Mz. Mosser answered finally on July 15 that Rigell is now a cosponsor of National Right to Carry bill.
Somehow she didn’t understand the question on H.R.4783 (https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/4783) a trojan horse bill entitled “Promoting Healthy Minds for Safer Communities Act of 2014” but in fact an bill aimed at gun control. It is described by the National Rifle Association (See: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2014/6/ask-your-us-rep-to-oppose-wide-ranging-gun-control-bill-hr-4783.aspx) as a wide-ranging gun control bill.
Mz. Mosser didn’t seem to understand VNS’ questions as to whether Rigell would hide behind the bill’s lofty title and oppose it. We’ll have to write him again. Maybe if you're interested, you can write him also.
by By Maureen Scott
He acts in the most hateful, spiteful, malevolent, vindictive ways in order to manipulate and maintain power and control over others.
Perhaps, because, as a child, he grew up harboring an abiding bitterness toward the U.S. that was instilled in him by his family and mentors…it seems to have never left him.
Rather it is the blackness that fills his soul and the hollowness in his heart where there should be abiding pride and love for this country.
Think: Have we ever heard Obama speak lovingly of the U.S. or its people, with deep appreciation and genuine respect for our history, our customs, our sufferings and our blessings?
Click below to read rest of one of the most damning and articulate characterizations of the man known as Barack Obama - a blight on all America and its values - click here for rest of the essay:
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Illegally sold federal guns may fired on TX Congressman
I couldn’t help but borrow part of a phrase from the treasonous and blasphemous Reverend Jerimiah Wright, the “reverend” who spat out racist rhetoric from his pulpit in Chicago. You know the guy, the preacher who Obama never heard during Obama’s infrequent church attendances, the preacher who baptized both of Obama’s daughters? Yeah, that guy.
Instead of “chickens coming home to roost,” it appears that Obama’s 50 caliber weapons that he illegally sold through the BATF to Mexican drug cartels have, most assuredly, come home to roost.
Friday night, 18 July 2014, Texas US Congressman Louie Gohmert and his companions were fired upon from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande with what could only be described by the weapon’s report as a 50 caliber. Fifty calibers are capable of destruction on an unprecedented scale for a shoulder-fired weapon. They are sometimes used to disable vehicles in war zones by shooting through engine blocks. Assassinations from great distances are another use. Click here for rest of the column
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Viriginia News Source Columnist
It's good that you are reporting this morning that Congressman Louie Gohmert and his companions came under fire from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande on Friday night; but, how much effort would it take to connect the dots to Obama's FastandFurious weapon sales to the Mexican drug cartels?
Of the 2,200 high caliber weapons sold by the DoJ's BATF to the Mexican drug cartels, a number of the weapons were the uber-destructive 50 caliber rifles used to fire at the Gohmert party. What did everyone think the drug cartels would do with all that firepower, hang them on the wall with plaques attesting to Obama's treachery?
Obama wanted chaos on the Mexican border with the Fast and Furious sales and we're getting it.
Our U.S. Constitution defines what the federal government is authorized to do, including maintain a navy which is needed to protect the landlocked states. But, a federal standing army was not authorized. Why? Because each state had its own militia.
The Second Amendment states “A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
“Free state” refers to the sovereignty of individual states. Not only was the citizen militia to protect the states against a foreign power, but against any federal forces as well. Well armed citizens performed exercises keeping ready at a moment’s notice.
- A Republican Victory on the Front Lines of ObamaCare; They're winning on Medicaid in Virginia
- More corruption in White House than on the border
- Pseudo Libertarians & Santa Claus
- Constitutional Limits Are Specific: Obama's Disregard - Criminal
- Takes a big man to abuse a little puppy
- Top notch cartoonist
Quote OF THE DAY
"One of the curious aspects of the Tea Party’s emergence during the past four years is the extent to which the mainstream media have fostered the idea that this political phenomenon represents a kind of radicalism. Certainly, some politicians of the so-called Tea Party have tossed out ideas and expressions that have been silly and warped. Does that mean, though, that the Tea Party, as a broad political movement, is radical?
"The answer is no. The Tea Party is a reactive movement, aimed at protecting the political mainstream from radical ideas, initiatives and policies of the left. Indeed, a review of American politics over, say, the last 50 years reveals that, to the extent America has been grappling with radicalism, it has been coming from the left. Then, as these ideas have gained traction through the agitations of the country’s liberal establishment, that establishment promptly labels those who resist as radicals."
~ Robert W. Merry, Political Editor, The National Interest
- Women Less Likely to Get Kidney Dialysis Than Men, Study Finds
- terconazole, Terazol, Zazole
- Why Aren't There Sex Drugs for Women?
- Urinary Prosthetic Device for Women Approved
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Health Tip: Wearing High Heels
- No Testosterone Therapy for Healthy Women, New Guidelines State
- 5 best high-tech Halloween costumes
- Will Roman Polanski finally serve face extradition and serve his sentence?
- Real-life Halloween scare: Chocolate prices are set to rise
- Why President Obama is speaking Navajo on the campaign trail
- Poll: Economy, IS, and Ebola overshadow social issues for midterm voters
- Obama campaigns in Maine, avoids spat over Ebola
- Anti-Islamists take control of Tunisia's parliament
- Facebook's Rooms app experiments with pseudonymity, unsearchability
- Halloween crafting fail can turn into a family time win
- Eric Frein captured, ending seven-week manhunt (+video)
- Trooper ambush suspect caught, death penalty eyed
- Efforts to compromise with Maine nurse stall
- Poll: Economy, other issues overshadow abortion
- Want to buy a New Hampshire election ad? Good luck
- Israel closes Jerusalem holy site after shooting
- Inmate freed in landmark Illinois case
- Apple CEO publicly acknowledges that he's gay
- Chevy makes the best of exec's nervous speech
- LeBron falters in emotional return to Cleveland
- Winston, Florida State rally to beat Louisville
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Best Cruises, Airlines, and Booking Sites for Your Travel Dollar
- Turn Your House Into a Rental Property
- Dodge Annoying Overdraft Fees
- 6 Savvy Moves to Stretch Your Retirement Savings
- 6 Dividend Stocks With Above-Average Yields
- 7 Best Dividend Stocks of the Dow
- States With Scariest Death Taxes -- Estate Taxes, Inheritance Taxes
- Best Luxury Cars for the Money
- 5 Reasons Not to Wait Until Black Friday to Shop
- What You Must Know About Medicaid and Long-Term Care
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections