Virginians are taking aim at Gov. Bob McDonnell with big expenditures for an add blasting him for a historic tax increase to fund his transportation plan.
See Anti-McDonnell ad running in Iowa
The Conservative Political Action Conference helped fund the ad which is running in Iowa where McDonnell is testing the waters for a future presidential run.
He’s not getting much sympathy and is working behind the scenes ‘to make this ‘bogey man’ go away. “I understand,” said one top conservative, “it literally jolted the crap out of him.”
He has been holding talks with failed GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s financial people about joining his fund raising team.
“McDonnell isn’t likely to veto the transportation,” said a GOP source, “but if he doesn’t slice it into smaller pieces to send it back to the General Assembly, we’re going to see he isn’t elected to the U.S. Senate or the presidency.”
The public is invited to a Town Hall meeting to discuss the state of the Taxpayers Review, Wednesday, March 13, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Great Neck Community Recreation Center at 2521 Shorehaven Drive.
The event is being hosted by Councilmen Bill DeSteph and John Moss in anticipation of the soon to be public discussions to be held by the city bureaucracy on the coming budget and tax picture for residents.
DeSteph and Moss have been long time advocates of smaller, more efficient, transparent government and less taxation. All those wanting more taxation should not attend. Those supporting responsible, responsive government are invited to attend. It is free and open to everyone.
by Larry Henry - VNS Guest Columnist
Gun control has long been an obsession with the American Left. This has little to do with Sandy Hook or those California shootings or anything else. It has everything to do with Washington gaining absolute control over its citizens.
That so many of you view the NRA and its resistance to additional restrictions on firearms as heartless lunatics, has far more to do with our public officials than it does the NRA.
You in public office are fundamentally dishonest. You lead lives of deception at every turn, structuring your lives as comfortably as you can while governing us with an arrogance and indifference that is absolutely maddening.
While the country is reeling from financial mismanagement, you waste a trillion dollars on a health care bill we can’t afford, which you never read. You claim it’s crucial because health care costs are killing the country. No they aren’t … You Are!
Kenneth White, President
While high tax-paid officials in Gov. McDonnell's administration and his active tax-paid propaganda machine have gone overboard in quickly praising McDonnell's alleged 'statesmanship' in getting his transportation package and Medicaid passed by a reluctant General Assembly --- accomplished by abandoning long-cherished Republican principles and reversing himself also on Medicaid to flood commonwealth nursing homes with more illegal aliens --- the fact is, the total refusal by him and his Task Force on School Safety to support the Second Amendment guarantees a hard-fought primary campaign for U. S. Senate between McDonnell and Del. Bob Marshall, R-Manassas, in 2016, which Marshall ought to win," the Virginia Taxpayers Association predicted today.
Particularly disgusting was the official statement by Speaker Howell with its fulsome praise of state actions entirely contrary to those our children are taught in school and in Sunday School. Howell praised abandonment of conservative Republican principles to get money for solving traffic congestion in northern Virginia and Hampton Roads.
If anyone believes a few billion here and a few billion there for construction will eliminate traffic congestion in crowded northern Virginia and Hampton Roads, we have a bridge going half way to Brooklyn we'd like to sell them.
And the plan offers Hampton Roads the 'option' of locally choosing unconstitutional regional government to help them solve their problem, a solution they have previously rejected.
Jeff Schapiro, ace reporter and columnist on the Richmond Times-Dispatch, speared McDonnell masterfully in his Feb. 24 column, 'McDonnell gets his legacy', pointing out where McDonnell reversed himself too many times.
(A response to Gov. McDonnell's "Roads = Jobs")
Even if this Biggest Tax Increase In Virginia History is a good idea, where and how will these roads be built?
VDOT is presumably in charge. The same VDOT, just the other day was replacing railings on the Clarksville causeway over Buggs Island Lake, that looked to me to be just fine, while the very pavement they stood on was cracked and potholed. Other useless, even dangerous projects abound.
Recently I've read of a huge project to extend the four-laning of 460 in Southside towards the Tidewater area, an area that is lightly traveled.
A veteran news man like you has to have a grudging admiration for Grover Norquist and his running mates in the stealth jihad movement in the US.
Norquist, et al, have managed to exert tremendous influence in organizations like CPAC, completely under the radar of clear-thinking folks.
Grover jumps up and down screaming about "No new taxes!" while he manages to push the agenda of organizations backed with big Saudi money. For a review of Grover's misdeeds, please go to www.muslimbrotherhoodinamerica.com. This is Frank Gaffney's site and he has facts to back up every sneaky move that Norquist has made to diminish the US military, which is his ultimate goal.
Think about it. You want to cut the US military so you push no new taxes, knowing that future cuts won't come out of sacred cow entitlement budgets but that they will come from the military. It's brilliant but deadly for America. Click here for column
Continuing my own "Redneck Jihad," I remain,
John P. Kuchta, Jr. - Virginia Beach, VA
by John Kuchta Jr.
As $250 million from our children and grandchildren is heaped on the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt soon after the arrival of the US military attack jets, I am moved to think of the movie "Hunger Games."
Besides our honor and national treasure for generations being squandered on Middle Eastern enemies, will Patriots finally boot this government out the door when our grandkids are drafted to be sent to Egypt? No, not for battle against our Muslim foes, but as competitors in games for the entertainment of the Muslim Brotherhood masses. It would be styled like a Donald Trump-inspired "Christian Survival Games."
As explained in the local Cairo newspapers, "The young Christians will vie against each other to showcase their inferior mental and physical prowess for the comic relief of the enlightened ones." "These young infidels represent the very best that the West has to offer, sad that they are after decades of malnutrition and forced interbreeding."
Is that what it's going to take before this country wakes up?
Or, will you pack your granddaughters a nice box lunch and wave goodbye as they board the plane to Cairo? See:
Government lie, giving rise to conspiracy theories. One of the latest reports is that SecState Hillary Clinton was aboard a military C-12 Huron aircraft that crashed in Iran.
Injuries received in the crash were attributed to the ‘flu/concussion’ reports that ended up hospitalizing her with a blood clot adjacent to her brain.
VNS had picked up cocktail party gossip out of Chevy Chase Country Club on December 22 that Clinton had really suffered a 'stroke.' Until yesterday, January 2, she had not been seen in public since Dec. 17. She was released from a NY hospital Wednesday night.
Still details about her health and/or illness have been cloaked in secrecy. Many are speculating that she has 'faked' the problems to avoid testifying before Congress about the terrorist attack on Benghazi in which 4 Americans, including U.S. Syrian Ambassador was murdered.
Clinton has accepted blame and agreed to security and safety recommendations of reports on the incident, but she's not been available to answer specific questions about the government's "Non-Role" the night of the attack.
Also on board was a senior Navy SEAL commander who was killed. DoD attributed his death of ‘non-combat’ causes - implying suicide.
Now, however, an Israeli source has filed a report on the crash, secrecy, and injuries. Adding that Iran still has the aircraft.
Fact or Fiction? We report. You decide which government is lying and why? More
- Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Maker Due to Burn and Fire Hazards; New Instructions Provided
- Deezo Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Optimus Recalls Portable Electric Heaters Due to Fire Hazard
- Meijer Recalls Touch Point Baseboard Convection Heaters Due to a Fire Hazard
- Toro Recalls Zero Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard
- Family Dollar Stores Recalls Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters Due to Overheating and Fire Hazards
- Surly Bikes Recalls Bicycle Forks Due to Fall Hazard
- LEM Products Distribution Recalls 5-Tray Food Dehydrators Due to Fire Hazard
- Louisville Slugger OneX Fastpitch Softball Bats Recalled by Hillerich & Bradsby Due to Injury Hazard...
Quote of the Day
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Could Adaptable Bacteria Cause Repeat Urinary Tract Infections?
- Longer Wait for Mammogram After Benign Breast Biopsy May Be Warranted
- Pelvic Exam
- Exercise May Lower Older Women's Risk for Kidney Stones
- Implants May Delay Breast Cancer Detection, Raise Death Risk
- Blood Test May Catch Deadly Fungal Infection Quickly
- Teen Births May Increase Risk of Obesity Later in Life
- Antonio Banderas as 'Super Mario'? Chilean miners approve.
- Kerry travels to Middle East: Will 'face time' help Syria?
- Tornado season off to a late but deadly start
- Zach Galifianakis saved homeless woman: 'Hangover' films saved him, he says
- Keanu Reeves spent five years on his latest film: Why?
- Tornado hits grade school: Search continues in Oklahoma City
- Cuomo warns Khloe: Change your shirt
- Apple 'tax gimmicks': rotten to the core or sensible business?
- Ray Manzarek dies: a musical legacy and founding member of The Doors'
- Fiery nominee brings 'Herman Cain phenomenon' to Virginia governors race
- Crews dig through night after deadly Okla. twister
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Policy, discretion guide media sources probes
- Owner: Chinese boat's captain beaten by NKoreans
- Myanmar Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high school?
- Slow pokes: Acupuncture helps hypothermic turtles
- Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
- What to Watch on TV This Summer
- Tornado Hits Moore, Okla., Near Oklahoma City: Schools and Houses Destroyed
- Sugar, Monsanto and Tobacco All in Crosshairs on Senate Farm Bill
- Study: White Americans More Likely to See Obama as Angry Than Non-White Americans
- Virginia Lt. Gov Candidate's Anti-Gay Comments Threaten GOP Efforts
- Mob Attacks Man Viewed as Sexual Assault Suspect in Pueblo, Colo.
- More Than Refinancing: Why Low Mortgage Rates Matter to Homeowners
- Iran, Russia, Hezbollah Top Backers in Syrian Regime's Success
- 'VEEP' Recap: Season 2. Episode 6
- Major ICE Union Against Immigration Bill, But Senate Bill Barrels Forward
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- April 16, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- April 3, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Ground Beef
- March 5, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Chicken
- February 15, 2013 (Investigation Update): Six Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- Tax Deductions for Student-Loan Interest
- Skeptical of Stocks? Try Convertibles
- Why Do We Have "Tax-Exempt" Political Groups, Anyway?
- 10 Best Financial Benefits for Military Families
- 15 Smart Phones You Can Get for Free
- 6 Ways to Cut Retiree Health-Care Costs
- 5 Reasons to Avoid Buying Bonds Directly
- Five Lessons from Apple's Fall
- Pimco Looks to Clone ETF Success
- Advice for College Grads From Around the Web
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- April 3, 2012 [FINAL Update]: Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Raw...
- Gyms For Women Sell More Than Fitness
- Guard Your Time As If It Were Gold
- How To Wear A Great Gatsby-Inspired Style At Work
- Nancy Jo Sales On 'The Bling Ring' And The Trouble With Our Fixation On Fame
- 7 Tips For Spotting Liars At Work
- 3 Signs You're In A Dead-End Job
- 85-Year-Old Graduates From College -- And Finds A Job
- 6 Ways Effective Listening Can Make You A Better Leader
- Promising 'Not To Screw It Up', Yahoo! Acquires Tumblr For $1.1 Billlion
- The Importance Of Women In The Boardroom: Q and A With Baroness Mary Goudie