By Ira White
VNS Contributor - Portsmouth
BY ITS REAL NAME
We've all heard the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger."
Unfortunately there's been a lot of that going on recently, mostly by activists and their lawyers. They shoot messengers for hanging the US flag outside their homes, displaying the 10 Commandments on public property, sticking In God We Trust banners on police cars, or speaking as pastors and military chaplains about morality and sin. To name a few. Problem is those good people didn't make this stuff up... they're just the messengers.
Fact is the liberal and legal combatants can't shoot a heritage and song about The Star-Spangled Banner, the best-selling book in the world, a national motto stamped on our currency and government buildings, or the profound teachings of a guy named Jesus.
by Larry Henry
Are you caught out in the storm?
76% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. 14.5% live below the poverty level. Our recession never ended. Both parties are to blame. President Obama covets socialism. Boehner and McConnell covet power and wealth.
John Kerry’s 4 months in Vietnam was a bad joke. Three purple hearts for minor injuries brought on by his personal incompetence. Kerry shot civilians. He lied before Congress about Vietnam, about himself, and about Jane Fonda. They were a disgrace in 1968. They’re both a disgrace still today.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
I sent the following letter registered to Mayor Will Sessoms:
21 July 15 Registered
Mayor Will Sessoms
Ref: Priorities of You and the VB City Council
Dear Mr. Mayor:
I spoke on two different occasions this past Spring as you and the VB City Council sat and heard arguments for and against funding for light rail cars in your budget in the amount of $21 million.
I stressed the fact that we are in an undeclared state of war against radical Islam and they have struck too many times to mention; but, the attack last week in Chattanooga helps drive home the point that I have been stressing: Do we need light rail when all our schools are wide open to anyone with a weapon who cares to walk through the front doors? How about our beaches, malls, churches and synagogues? Have the attacks on Tunisian beaches not driven the point home for you and the city council? I have copied my latest remarks to city council below in an effort to help show you the utter folly of your stance.
“Yesterday morning, I was warmly welcomed at two elementary schools near my home in VB. I am puzzled how sniper teams can be positioned atop tall buildings on military bases located all over our city due to Force Protection Condition “Bravo,” yet, it was possible for me and anyone else to walk right in to our schools.
In America one can rise above one's birth and circumstances, but you can't rise above your level of intelligence. Kerry seems to have been born lucky, and married lucky, but beyond that seems to have not one single mitigating, socially redeemable trait. The Moron Cycle of Life:
This "Moron Cycle of Life" is killing America.
Thus endeth the lesson.
In light of the recent terrorist event in Chattanooga, will the Beach City Council now withdraw its approval of a mosque in our midst?
Probably not, but we really must consider removing the Confederate monument at Princess Anne.
Council continues to be of the belief that there are such things as "moderate" mohammedans, the result being that citizens of Virginia Beach will continue to be sold down the river in the name of political correctness.
I am disgusted and frustrated. One crazed white person, who just happened to have had his picture made with a Confederate battle flag, goes on a shooting spree and his action is cause enough to call for the destruction of Southern heritage.
Yet, a crazed mohammedan goes and kills several of America's finest and everyone wants to know his motive instead of addressing the threat.
It may just be me, but: [Click Read More below to read rest of the letter]
I have sent the following letter to my congressmen regarding the criminal activity of Planned Parenthood, and urge others to do the same. It is also interesting to note that all Republican congressmen list "Abortion" as a subject (required) when sending correspondence, but no Democrat does; they list only "Women's Issues" or "Reproductive Health". The smokescreen is conspicuous.
Dear Senator or Representative,
I have watched almost three hours of undercover interviews in their full context conducted with Dr. Deborah Nucatola and Dr. Mary Gatter, and it is clear by the admission of these two PPFA executives that at least two federal crimes were committed:
1. Prices were haggled by both for the sale of fetal specimens, and Dr. Gatter even indicated that she would research the highest values by other PP affiliates in order to maximize that price. It is clear that set or listed prices by a particular affiliate for collection, maintenance, delivery, etc. would not involve haggling or researching the "highest price" of other affiliates. Selling fetal specimens is a crime under federal law.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
We have suffered another humiliating attack at the hands of one (or more) of the human / animal hybrids espousing a religious theology that condones violence against women and pedophilia, among other quirks, like beheadings.
Supposedly standing between us and these animals is our fabled FBI and NSA.
Where were these agencies as the shooters hatched their plots in Fort Hood, the Washington Navy Yard, Garland, TX, and Chattanooga?
Wait a minute. Did the FBI know that Major Nidal Hasan was in email communication with a radical sheik in Yemen who was later killed with a drone?
Yes, as a matter of fact they did knew all about that communication. Did 13 people die as Hasan climbed on top a table, shouted 'Allahu Akbar' and pulled the trigger repeatedly? [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
Attached is the second ad paid for personally by City Treasurer John Atkinson saying “No to Light Rail” that was in the Beacon on Sunday, July 19, 2015.
It gives an update of the response that John has received and what he would like to do in the future to keep this issue alive and bring a referendum forward.
Please forward this on to friends and family to continue to voice your “No to Light Rail” and assist John in this effort.
I am going to continue to support John in this endeavor so that the city does not waste our current and future tax dollars.
Everyone working together will help to reach our goal.
Rick "RK" Kowalewitch
- Trojans, Beavers and other names of sports teams that are offensive
- The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness
- Visiting Disney after being hit by a big dog!
- Reform for Better Health Care
- Sons of Confederacy file court action over Confederate license tags
- GOP Jewish Dispute also has racial overtones
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Women's Health
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- French lawmakers vote to extend airstrikes against ISIS
- Black Lives Matter protests were nonviolent, but certainly not calm
- Black Friday: How merry are US shoppers feeling this holiday season?
- Is Donald Trump really a 'fascist?'
- How Muslims are using social media to reclaim their faith
- Italy's artful arsenal against Islamic State
- Human error led to strike on Doctors Without Borders hospital, general says
- Did volcanoes pack enough punch to do the dinosaurs in?
- Should Princeton disown Woodrow Wilson?
- Spiced pumpkin cheese
- Putin sends air-defense missiles to Syria to deter Turkey
- Preventable errors led to hospital attack, military says
- The Latest: Paris hotel business hit hard by attacks
- Amid Syria's civil war, a James Bond-style rescue operation
- Russian crackdown on Muslims fuels exodus to Islamic State
- Travelers take to the roads and the skies for Thanksgiving
- Protesters to target Chicago shopping area on Black Friday
- AP Interview: Coke exec on 'adversarial' ties with critics
- NY court hears arguments on fantasy sports
- Pope urges Kenyans to work for peace
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Worst Things to Buy During the Holidays
- The IRS Wants to Know About Your Fantasy-Sports Winnings
- 10 Best Gift Cards to Give This Holiday Season
- How to Get Free Shipping for Holiday Gifts
- Which Retirement Savings Plans Are Best for Teachers?
- Get the Best Deal on a Diamond Ring
- Best Thanksgiving Doorbuster Deals
- Things Not to Keep In Your Wallet During Holidays
- Best Things to Buy on Amazon During Black Friday Sales
- Tax Audit Red Flags