by Catherine Crabill - Irvington, VA
VNS contributing columnist
When I first heard about the “transgender community” demanding access to men’s and women’s bathrooms across America, I thought the concept so absurd, so outrageous, that it didn’t stand a chance in you-know-where of being taken seriously. Boy was I wrong!
Just last month, in Gloucester County, Virginia, a sadly confused young woman identifying as a young man was granted full access to the boy’s locker room/bathrooms at Gloucester High School. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - North, VA
Virginia News Source Columnist
Now more than ever our law enforcement officers need our support. Thanks to them we are able to live in a free nation. Daily they put their lives on the line to protect us, and allow us to live in peace and security. But the assault on them has become considerable.
You are invited to join us, the Support Your Local Police of Virginia, at a town meeting to learn why it is important to keep law enforcement control at the local level, to give tribute to our law enforcement officers, and to hear from them and get their input as to how we can best be supportive of them.
By Frank Palmieri
This year’s presidential primary season has certainly been politically surprising and at times really funny.
Jeb Bush, from a Connecticut Yankee family that moved into the South, dropped out early in the race, symbolically marking the end of the moderate (Nixon-Rockefeller wing) control of the party. The Junior Senator from Texas, Ted Cruz , who is a spokesman for the anti-federalists-anti-feminist wing of the party which plans to bring an end to the Second Reconstruction and a Women’s Right to Choose, has been running hard to catch the leading candidate.
However, it has been Donald Trump, a political outsider billionaire, passionately supported by a populist revanchist-nationalist movement who appears to be closest to capturing the nomination.
Secretary Clinton has been advancing an internationalist-identity politics agenda.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Tom Holmes
GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump recently questioned the validity of the US remaining in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). See link below for an article on this issue.
Mr. Trump raised very valid and pertinent issues. That line was also echoed by members of the Senate. Americans must ask themselves whether NATO remains relevant and worth the cost to the American taxpayer. For example:
- Is a Europe that has surrendered to nanny-state socialism, political correctness, and masses of Mohammedan "refugees" worth the lives of young Americans to save?
- Do we continue to expand the alliance solely to tweak the Russian bear's nose, or does the alliance continue to have a legitimate role in the security of Europe and the United States?
- Would America be better served to join Russia in an alliance to combat Islamic-inspired terrorism? [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - VNS columnist
There are those who define communism in lofty ideals - that it is the solution to the world’s ills if only it were done right. Also, there are those who believe that “communism is dead” in spite of the millions who live in communist-controlled countries; and, here at home, we have the alive-and-well Communist Party USA.
Communism is not new. Ancient history tells us about the Ghouls in India many centuries ago, which operated just as communism has in more recent times, and the Illuminati, which is the precursor of present day communism, dating to 1776.
Through the centuries, little has changed. The modus operandi varies somewhat in order to take advantage of circumstances that prevail, but the ideals and goals are the same. The same ruthless philosophy is the foundation today of the tyrants who already rule and those who aspire to becoming rulers. Stalin is a hero whom they idolize and emulate.
Ira White - VNS Columnist
As you ponder the most recent story on Rachel Donezal – the woman who identifies as a "black trapped in a white body" – you can begin to understand the warped activism of the transgender movement to indoctrinate children and open up all public bathrooms to any sex.
The issues here are about BIOLOGICAL SEX and ETHNICITY, but the transgenderism hoax trumpets the mantra "gender identity" as something equivalent to biological sex.
But medical professionals are now revealing that it IS about biological sex and not a perceived gender, and that a psychological identity disorder is being politically endorsed by liberals, rock stars, and corporations rather than being acknowledged and treated for what it is. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
Sometimes an obvious point blows right past us when we are too busy trying to take care of the bills to fully understand what we're hearing.
Case in point. This morning we heard that our CIA Director, John Brennan, declared in a very recent interview that the CIA will never again water board another terror suspect, even if ordered to do so by a US President.
What's the big deal, you ask?
Well, in my mind, the fact that John Brennan converted to Islam some years ago is a very big deal!
Is Brennan's latest declaration on the non-use of water boarding a result of his conversion to Islam? If I were a betting man, I'd have to wager that it most certainly is.
A Real Country Cookin' Restauant - On the Road with VNS
The Farmer's Daughter 7700 Erwin Highway
Fridays & Saturdays: 11:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Sundays: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
It's the Real Meal. The Farmer’s Daughter Restaurant. Homemade food served ‘family-style.’ Many of us devotees call it The “Mother Church of Country Cooking,” a throw-back to the wonderful taste of real foods the way momma used to cook them ‘down home’ in Tennessee.
Operated by real country cooking experts. Located in a rural, isolated area about 8 miles from Erwin, TN and about 8 miles from Jonesborough, TN (driving there through some of the most beautiful mountain country you'll ever see, you may wonder if you are going to encounter dueling ‘banjoes’ from Deliverance), yet people drive for up to 100 miles to arrive there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
And why? Check it out. The dinner menu: Posted on a chalk board on the front porch.
On a recent visit, the meats/fish offered included: Fried Chicken, Steak-n-Gravy, Country Ham, Fried Alaskan Whitefish, Fried Cajun Catfish, Chicken ’n Dumplins, Baked Buttermilk Chicken. Each table can order two entrees. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
- Why isn't MSM reporting Paris bomber was living in their old Belgium neighborhoods?
- Former Beach Judge to Challenge Mayor Sessoms
- The System - Mismanaged by Both Corrupt Parties
- Wake up...Communism is poised to destroy our America
- Vice Mayor Louis Jones is part of the problem ...
- Destroying America: Arrogance, Hypocrisy & Treason
- France confronts familiar question: How best to integrate public schools?
- Cheesy vegetable soda bread
- After Brexit vote, most CEOs in Britain are looking at relocating
- A strong opening for 'The Magnificent Seven' shows westerns can still gallop
- Clinton, Sanders to share stage in New Hampshire to talk student debt
- How peer-to-peer lending has changed the game
- SpaceX test fires rocket engine that could propel humans to Mars
- Will 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' translate on the silver screen?
- Charlotte protests continue, peacefully, outside Panthers NFL game
- Why Trump-Clinton debate may be biggest since Nixon-Kennedy
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump set for high-stakes showdown
- VIEWER'S GUIDE: Trust and temperament key themes in debate
- 9 hurt in Houston shooting; suspect dead, was a lawyer
- FBI data show increase in murder, violent crime in 2015
- Ahmadinejad allies say Iran leader told him not to run again
- Arnold Palmer, a golfing king with common touch, dies at 87
- Memorial to confront South's troubled history of lynchings
- Upside to morning sickness: Fewer miscarriages, stillbirths
- Goodbye to homework for some elementary schools and classes
- Snake wrapped around armrest halts Japanese 'bullet' train
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Wells Fargo: 'Gutless Leadership' or Buying Opportunity?
- What's the Better Value for Investors: Amazon or Alphabet?
- 6 New Reasons to Shop at Target
- 6 Critical Questions to Ask Before Investing in a Stock
- What Should Bond Investors Do Now?
- Best College Majors for Your Career 2016-2017
- For a Healthy Vacation, Take a Walk
- Gasoline Prices to Trend Lower
- How to Tap Your Retirement Savings Penalty-Free
- When Is the Perfect Time to Invest?