A Real Country Cookin' Restauant - On the Road with VNS
The Farmer's Daughter 7700 Erwin Highway
Fridays & Saturdays: 11:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Sundays: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
It's the Real Meal. The Farmer’s Daughter Restaurant. Homemade food served ‘family-style.’ Many of us devotees call it The “Mother Church of Country Cooking,” a throw-back to the wonderful taste of real foods the way momma used to cook them ‘down home’ in Tennessee.
Operated by real country cooking experts. Located in a rural, isolated area about 8 miles from Erwin, TN and about 8 miles from Jonesborough, TN (driving there through some of the most beautiful mountain country you'll ever see, you may wonder if you are going to encounter dueling ‘banjoes’ from Deliverance), yet people drive for up to 100 miles to arrive there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
And why? Check it out. The dinner menu: Posted on a chalk board on the front porch.
On a recent visit, the meats/fish offered included: Fried Chicken, Steak-n-Gravy, Country Ham, Fried Alaskan Whitefish, Fried Cajun Catfish, Chicken ’n Dumplins, Baked Buttermilk Chicken. Each table can order two entrees. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
OK, tell me why this angle of the Brussel bombing / shootings is not being covered by the US main stream media (MSM).
Is it because the Brussels / Belgian anti-terror folks couldn't find the Paris shooter / bomber for four months when he had fled to his old neighborhood in Brussels? Think about that. The Paris attack mastermind was living around the corner from his parents' home in Brussels for four months undetected.
Is another reason the US MSM is blocking this reporting angle because Hussein Obama is releasing GITMO terrorists early and watching as they return to the battlefield? Of course it is.
Virginia News Source has learned Former Circuit Court Judge Patricia L. West is exploring a run for mayor of Virginia Beach, challenging Will Sessoms, recently convicted of conflict of interest for mixing business interests with political decisions.
West reportedly hasn’t made a decision on entering the race, but is strongly considering it. She could not be reached for comment for this story. See her complete resume
Sources have told Virginia News Source that Sessoms is among several Virginia Beach officials being investigated by the FBI. The FBI will not deny the reports.
The match-up will be interesting: As one political wag put it: “Judge West judged crimes, she didn’t commit them."
West was on the Circuit Court bench from 2000-2012, where she presided over civil and criminal matters from eminent domain to capital murder cases, including jury, non-jury trials and administrative law appeals.
She is a staunch conservative and opposes the proposed extension of Norfolk's Light Rail system into Virginia Beach, finding it incomprehensible to justify such expenditure of tax funds when compared to the many more pressing needs of the city. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story]
By Sue Long, VNS Columnist
Slavery is denounced in no uncertain terms and rightly so. But, many who condemn the version of slavery that was in effect prior to the Xlll Amendment wholeheartedly support slavery in the present-day version.
Communism is slavery in its most virulent form. It affects people of all races, ages and socio economic levels. It has been imposed at the cost of the lives of more than 100 million people who have been worked, starved and tortured to death. Once imposed it is a binding situation with little hope of relief. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
by Larry Henry
VNS Columnist - Special to VNS
Back in 1990 our national debt was 3.2 trillion. Ten years later it was 5.7 trillion. That debt has been escalating ever since the 1960s when Lyndon Johnson unveiled his Great Society.
LBJ’s White House set social programs in motion which proved to be poison pawns. Within five years the black family structure was destroyed. Welfare had become a way of life, drugs, immorality, and government cheese.
Between 2001 and 2008 the debt went from 5.7 trillion to 10 trillion. George Bush was president. We got hit with 9-11. Then Pelosi and Reid took control of the House and Senate in 2006.
Much of this debt was their doing, including the housing crash of 2008 over sub-prime lending which the Democrats rammed down the throats of the Banking Industry.[Click Read More below for rest of story]
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
Or you can call him and disagree at: 865-607-3472
For some time now I’ve been confused over the fact that Obama hasn’t been impeached. He’s committed every political crime in the book, including, in my opinion, treason. So why is he still there?
Rush Limbaugh explained it recently. To impeach Obama would upset the system. It doesn’t matter which party is in power, both parties feed at the same political trough.
The Democrats and the Republicans take turns mismanaging the country. So to impeach Obama would throw a monkey wrench into the well-oiled and very corrupt political machinery.
Re-establishing Government By The People …
it has to start with replacing crony capitalism with a government that doesn’t pick winners and losers.
The first step is replacing Louis Jones, the Bayside District Council member who’s under the thumb of Will Sessoms, the first Beach mayor convicted of a crime.
Jones, despite what he may say privately, is a major supporter of bringing Norfolk’s “Tide-Tanic” light rail boondoggle and forcing it down the throats of Beach taxpayers.
Despite the findings of the $6.6 million study which showed that the project WOULD NOT REDUCE TRAFFIC CONGESTION - by a single car… despite the 1,125 daily ridership in 2034; despite the fact that the 3-mile project is estimated to cost the taxpayers $327 million, and despite the fact that Norfolk’s Tide is the highest subsidized lie-rail system in the nation, Jones wants to move forward with this blackhole disaster.
If you agree with Jones, keep silent. If you disagree, his number is 583-0177
Robert K. Dean - Virginia Beach
(Dean is a former City Councilman and unsuccessful candidate for mayor)
Letter to Editor:
The US debt is over $18,000,000,000 and climbing. Those in power seem to be in a drunken stupor.
At some point, our debt will no longer favored as an investment which will cause our interest payments to go up even more. In fact people may not even want to buy our debt.
In either case, it will be so bad that the politicians and other with great power will take what ever action necessary to "save" the country.
There is an over $18 trillion source of private funds that they can take by force, just as gold was taken.
That source of funds is the amounts people have in IRAs, 401-Ks and other private retirement plans. The government will then "promise" to pay those who will have to give up their money a "pension." This then gives the government power over every retiree dependent upon the "pension."
This will be a nationalism of private retirement plans. It will help solve the debt problem and give control to the socialist/communist. If you do not comply with their edicts, they will control you by varying or deleting your pension. Sounds like the mark of the beast.
The trend is not your friend.
Ben Krause - Virginia Beach
- If Hillary's indicted could Michael Bloomberg replace her?
- Attend "Fair & Equitable Grading" in VB Schools
- Abide by the Constituton - Don't Pervert It with Change
- Why won't Obama bomb ISIS Capital?
- Beware of proposed 'constitutional changes'
- Obama Destroying America with Congressional help through the back door
- Is Compromise More Likely When Women Are Part of the Decision?
- Child Abuse May Shorten Some Women's Lives
- Injected Drug May Help Fight Osteoporosis in Women
- Endometrial Ablation
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Pay Gaps Persist for Female Doctors Across the U.S.: Study
- Didronel (etidronate)
- What New York's free Wi-Fi kiosks mean to the city's homeless
- Nigeria kills a top terrorist, and the world shrugs
- Why Turkey's shelling of ISIS and Kurds in Syria is a big deal
- Inmates covet ramen: Why is this a bad thing? (+video)
- Clinton emails: A political controversy with the lifetime of a Broadway hit
- Filipino strongman: What’s behind Rodrigo Duterte’s popularity?
- What will the chemical rotenone do to Yellowstone's water wildlife?
- African-American Women's Equal Pay Day: How far have we come?
- A jihadist’s cultural redemption
- Why the 'Tufts-Love' T. rex teenager is so special
- Many donors to Clinton Foundation met with her at State
- In latest hedge, Trump says immigration laws can be softened
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Obama vows support for Louisiana after the 'cameras leave'
- Seoul: North Korea fires submarine-launched missile
- Turkey, Syrian Kurds on track for conflict in northern Syria
- Howard Johnson's restaurant to close, leaving only 1 more
- AP NewsBreak: Feds want to ban swimming with Hawaii dolphins
- Wi-Fi? Why not? Homeless are avid users of free web kiosks
- Steven Hill, who played 'Law & Order' DA Schiff, dies at 94
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA