by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
For decades those who would expand government have been chipping away at our Constitution in each of the three branches of government. The legislature by way of laws, presidents by way of executive orders and the Supreme Court by way of their rulings.
Our Constitution is our rulebook. It defines what the federal government is allowed to do and more importantly, what it cannot do. Our public servants (the people we vote into office and those that are appointed) take an oath to uphold the Constitution when they take on their job. [Click Read More Below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Ever wonder shy God and Christianity are so distasteful to progressives?
God: Following the teachings of Jesus Christ has been a mainstay for most Americans ever since 1776. Judaism is another part of our wonderful culture. Islam is not! But Barack Hussein Obama has been shoving Shira law and Islam down our throat for seven miserable years.
Liberals worship the golden calf of government.
By Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
The Manchurian Candidate was a 1962 Cold War movie featuring Frank Sinatra, Janet Leigh, Lawrence Harvey, and Angela Lansbury. A squad of Army soldiers were captured in Korea and taken to Manchuria for brainwashing. That accomplished, they were released back into the American lines. Back in the States their mission was to install a communist sympathizer in the oval office.
In 2008 we elected a real Manchurian Candidate. In 2012 we reelected that same community organizer to our oval office. Why? The answer is found in Rules for Radicals. Barack Obama was trained in the Saul Alinsky method for overthrowing a government, picked by George Soros for political office, and embraced by the ill-informed and people who hate America.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
But, they're still not at home plate, far from it.
When will our city leaders accept that there is a new set of the "The Facts of Life?"
Unlike the Israelis who all perform mandatory military service, only 1% of our general population is exposed to military service.
What does that mean in today's reality of ISIS targeting our military personnel and their dependents here at home? It means that you can't put M-16's in the hands of school teachers and expect them to deal with an active shooter threatening their class.
Our politicians must extract their craniums from their posteriors and recognize that we MUST PLACE COMBAT EXPERIENCED, HEAVILY ARMEDGUARDS IN OUR SCHOOLS. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the column]
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
The federal Constitution is not a contract between the states and the federal government, but rather a contract between the states, in which they created an agent, the federal government, to carry out NOT enter into a position of unlimited subordination to the federal government, but ceded only certain enumerated and defined powers, reserving to it and to the people, all other rights and powers.
As Thomas Jefferson said, “The general government, created by this compact, was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the extent of the powers delegated to itself, since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself the measure of the general government’s administration or maladministration of the delegated powers." [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story]
by Catherine Crabill - Special to VNS
It is not unusual for me to wake nearly every night at around 3:00 a.m. It is not unusual for me to lay awake for hours pondering all that is happening in the world from an ongoing study of the geopolitical in light of the spiritual.
What was unusual, the night before Thanksgiving, was what I can only describe as a download of the urgency and immediacy of the terror that lay in store for us.
I saw all of these pieces come together, the smuggling of tens, if not, hundreds of thousands of islamic terrorists into our country, the billions of rounds of hollow point bullets and firearms given to EVERY branch of our government. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
I'M PREJUDICED. There I said it, but I am not unique since everyone is. No, I'm not talking racism. If I was racist for an aversion to urban black gangstas or the divisiveness of Obama, why would I have black friends and Ben Carson on my presidential list?
A closer look reveals that most prejudice is first about culture. It is an integral part of human nature. Why? Because it allows us the security of innate family and cultural ties. In fact, most prejudice is harmless preference and simply provides comfort zones in social interaction. The family itself is the most important aspect of this. It provides the greatest security, intimacy, and shared support to survive and thrive through life and its challenges. That's why we favor our families and that, I believe, was God's utmost intention. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of story]
by Sue VNS Columnist
A majority of Americans think there is a war on police according to a September 3, 2015, Rasmussen Reports poll. It is increasingly apparent that the goal is to establish a national militia – or barring that, establish federal governmental control over local law enforcement.
Why is this so important? A national militia is the hallmark of a dictatorship. And, since we have not had one in America, we are unique in the world and a deciding factor in the freedoms we have enjoyed. It is imperative that we keep control of our law enforcement at the local level. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
- As France Mourns
- Obama Offers to use his purse to fight against Parisian attackers
- Criminal buzzards finally circling Mayor Will Sessoms over Conflict of Interest
- VNS’ endorsements in Tuesday’s election
- Constitutional limits to our government that the president and Congress ignores
- Does Integrity Matter?
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Many Male Docs May Overlook Female Heart Risks: Study
- Vaginal Bleeding
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Base Quit-Smoking Day on Menstrual Cycle?
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Students build electric race car that goes 0 to 60 m.p.h. in 1.5 seconds
- Women at Coast Guard Academy: Record high enrollment
- Low gas prices mean a record-breaking July 4 travel weekend
- Quietly, schools take compassionate look at transgender rights
- Supreme Court upholds gun restrictions for domestic abusers
- How politics eclipsed Beyonce at the BET Awards
- How Brexit could change air travel in Europe
- 6 baseball books ripe for midseason reading
- Why Google plans to release its own smartphone by the end of 2016
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions
- The Latest: Alito reads aloud dissenting abortion opinion
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas restrictions on abortions
- UK's anti-EU victors will find it hard to fulfill promises
- UK appeals for calm as markets drop, EU leaders huddle
- Clinton's VP thinking: Don't harm Dem chances to take Senate
- The Latest: Study says Trump plan would swell national debt
- High court overturns former Virginia governor's conviction
- Iraqis suffer in desert camps after flight from Fallujah
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- Spanish parties reject Rajoy's attempt at a grand coalition
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Worst States for Retirement 2016
- 5 High-Yielding REITs for Dividend Investors
- Best Online Brokers
- This 5-Stock Portfolio Makes the Perfect Summer Gift
- Reasons to Shop at Walmart (Even If You Hate Walmart)
- Great Foreign Stocks That Pay Big Dividends
- Small-Business Success Story: KettlePizza
- Surprising Places to Retire If You Hate the Cold
- What Brexit Means for U.S. Investors
- Impact of the Brexit Vote: Scary But Mixed