My two cents: The Virginian "Pile-it" has lost more subscribers and has just within the week, made more personnel cutbacks and wonders why. Maybe it's because of who they are endorsing as candidates in Virginia Beach's council races. Of course all their picks endorse Light Rail all the way, no matter what the costs.....to the paper's detriment and apparent demise, I'd say. How's that workin' out?
I liken the Light Rail referendum in 2012 to asking "Who wants ice cream?" The word reasonable was in the question but nowhere to be found in the pursuit of this project. The public voted on Who wants Light Rail without the actual costs in the referendum question. So it's like Who wants Ice Cream?.....oh, but after the fact we find out it is going to cost thousand$$$ a scoop....and you're going to get two scoops.
RICHMOND, VA –As fuels and technology become more accessible and cheaper, the forces of government and corporations are moving to increase your energy costs.
Dominion Power wants a rate hike. It is before the State Corporation Commission. The EPA’s rogue policies will force Virginia utility companies to close down reliable power plants that generate affordable electricity and replace them expensive and unreliable alternatives.
Both measures, at a time salaries and incomes are stagnant, will take more money out of the pockets of Virginians.
Virginia House Speaker William J. (Bill) Howell (R-Stafford) has come out in opposition to the EPA’s plan and urges Virginians to likewise file their opposition with the EPA .
Virginians should also file letters asking for support from their U.S. representatives and Senators.
Read Howell’s complete news release
Flo AND HER BOSS!!!!!
In case you didn't know...
The "Harley Owners Group", the biggest motorcycle club in America, maybe even the world, hasn't found any members that have Progressive Insurance since the word got out about Progressive’s communist affiliations. Their association with George Soros, alone, should bring chills up your back. Oh, you don't know who George Soros is? He finances the Obama progressive affiliations.
Progressive Insurance....Who are they? You've seen and probably smiled at the clever Progressive Insurance TV commercials. As Paul Harvey would say, "You're about to learn the rest of the story." Click here to read Silentnomorepubications.com’s full news release on Progressive Insurance:
Dear Editor --
Although an off year, this November’s election is crucial to our future as a viable nation.
Democrat control of the senate for the past four years has enabled president Obama to do pretty much as he pleases, unchecked. The president is at this point a lame duck, answerable to no one for his actions.
It is therefore critical to flip the senate and maintain Republican control of the House to block Obama’s continuing executive overreach and, more importantly, block his potential Supreme Court nominations.
I will be the first to admit that today’s Republican Party is a bit far from what I, as a conservative, would like to see, and the Republicans running for the senate and the house are not necessarily my first choices. Click below to read rest of the letter
The Tidewater Libertarian Party (TLP) voted to oppose a request by City Councilman Jim Wood and Police Chief James Cevera to support their proposed legislation that would impose a civil penalty for any citizen ‘willfully’ failing to report a lost or stolen gun to the police.
Philip Van Cleve, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), a Virginia-based gun rights organization that lobbies to preserve and protect 2nd Amendment rights, in Virginia and the nation, told the 40+ attendees at the Saturday breakfast that the request will never get needed General Assembly approval to become law.
The TLP’s Robert Dean told Van Cleve he’d like to join the VCDL in drafting a joint resolution in opposition to the proposed legislation.
Wood and Cevera want to propose the law to the General Assembly to better combat lost or stolen guns out of the hands of criminals. Saturday’s was the first time the proposal to taken to the public to explain it. It can’t be passed by local government without legislative approval.
Cevera told the group, hundreds of thousands of lost or stolen guns, that have never been reported to police authorities, yearly end up on the streets in the hands of criminals. Status of the guns isn’t discovered until a criminal is arrested with a gun and police run a gun check.
Some weapons found on suspected criminals have to be returned because there are no records showing them reported lost or stolen, and, therefore not illegal to have in their possession until charged and convicted, or, investigation later reveals it connected to a crime.
TLPers contended that if a citizen had a weapon lost or stolen, they’d report it to their insurance company for reimbursement or replacement anyway, which would probably require making a police report. Wood and Cevera’s proposal wants to make that reporting requirement to police law, subject to civil penalties like running a red-light.
To a person Saturday, everyone at the meeting considered Wood and Cevera’s proposal an attempted first step of more gun control, leading to databases that could be used for future gun control/confiscation attempts by government. Libertarians and most conservatives do not trust government.
Wood and Cevera will continue to make their case before other groups and venues across the city.
Read full text of Councilman Wood’s Proposed Gun Law: More
It has been said that our Constitution is no longer appropriate for modern times.
Indeed, President Obama stated “We can no longer rely on a rulebook made a few centuries ago.” The reasoning is that new times call for new rules.
In the history of the world our Constitution is a newly developed concept. There have been attempts of such in the past, but they have been short-lived and/or limited.
Call me cynical, but my prediction –
3.Harry Reid rams through Senate approval before January.
Timing avoids a tidal wave of voter outrage on Nov. 4, possibly preventing loss of the Senate. Fait accompli -- the perfect gift from Obama that keeps on giving. Heaven help us.
Just a thought,
Ted Williams - Gloucester, VA
It's becoming clear that ISIS' expansion of territory and massacres of thousands will not stop without a decisive Desert Storm 2. That will not happen in the foreseeable future.
ISIS will continue to build their Islamic caliphate – the likes of which hasn't existed in that region for over a century – and will control oil revenues that will buy their weapons, manpower, and underground tickets into the US.
Meanwhile, our nation's security posture is falling apart under a "commander-in-chief" (who is anything but) who handcuffs security agencies with paralyzing policies, rejects any action that does not have a liberal political end, sent weapons to all the wrong people (Benghazi was part of that), has fired or discarded top military leaders alarmed by his arrogantly destructive incompetence, and who continues to patronize Islamic entities worldwide that are dangerous to all western civilizations.
Obama has become the Great Global Destabilizer of our time, and we will all feel the effects of it.
Everyone better be thinking about who will be leading this country in the next couple of years, but that will not be soon enough to ward off all the catastrophes in the making.
Ira White - Portsmouth VA
Quote OF THE DAY
"One of the curious aspects of the Tea Party’s emergence during the past four years is the extent to which the mainstream media have fostered the idea that this political phenomenon represents a kind of radicalism. Certainly, some politicians of the so-called Tea Party have tossed out ideas and expressions that have been silly and warped. Does that mean, though, that the Tea Party, as a broad political movement, is radical?
"The answer is no. The Tea Party is a reactive movement, aimed at protecting the political mainstream from radical ideas, initiatives and policies of the left. Indeed, a review of American politics over, say, the last 50 years reveals that, to the extent America has been grappling with radicalism, it has been coming from the left. Then, as these ideas have gained traction through the agitations of the country’s liberal establishment, that establishment promptly labels those who resist as radicals."
~ Robert W. Merry, Political Editor, The National Interest
- mifepristone, Mifeprex
- Women Less Likely to Get Kidney Dialysis Than Men, Study Finds
- terconazole, Terazol, Zazole
- Why Aren't There Sex Drugs for Women?
- Urinary Prosthetic Device for Women Approved
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Health Tip: Wearing High Heels
- Microsoft to release a new version of Office for Macs
- Did Mary Landrieu just insult the entire South? Actually, kinda.
- Is bagging an asteroid the best way to get to Mars?
- Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo crashes in desert. Here's what we know.
- How a guerilla artist is transforming Chicago's potholes
- 10 best books of November, according to Amazon
- Will a satanic coloring book be distributed to Florida school children?
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1' trailer shows a lot of action
- Ebola quarantine: why judge sided with nurse Kaci Hickox
- New evidence points to how and when our solar system got water
- Experts: Rocket blast a setback to space tourism
- Judge rejects Ebola quarantine for nurse
- Liberia opens 1 of largest Ebola treatment centers
- Analysis: In Syria, no good options for West
- Early votes exceed 15 million _ but who benefits?
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Military sex survey draws complaints
- Ex-band FAMU member convicted in hazing death
- After murder suspect is caught, a sigh of relief
- Brittany Maynard: New face of right-to-die
- Russia: Natural gas will flow after Ukraine pays
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Don't Fall for This Walmart Mystery Shopper Scam
- Secrets of the Millionaire Next Door
- States Are Lowering Their Estate Taxes to Lure Retirees
- 6 Dividend Stocks With Above-Average Yields
- Best Cruises, Airlines, and Booking Sites for Your Travel Dollar
- Turn Your House Into a Rental Property
- 8 Stocks to Sell Now to Harvest the Tax Loss
- 5 Underperforming S&P Stocks to Buy Now
- Dodge Annoying Overdraft Fees
- 8 Telecom Stocks With Big Dividend Yields
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections