In strongest of language, Obama said French killings were 'bad, bad, bad!"
President Barack Obama didn't minice words: Commenting on the attacks that occurred Friday in Paris, Obama counterattacked in the strongest of language calling the acts ‘really bad.’ He hinted he would even consider ‘hitting’ ISIS with his purse in support of the French people. “We must strike back,” he said.
He told the French president that the killing would have been worse if the French hadn’t had such tough anti-gun measures against its citizens in effect. “Can you imagine the carnage if your people had weapons and could have shot back, defending themselves?” he said in a statement to the French president.
Fighting back with private weapons could have killed many more people, Obama said. But declining to call the killers ISIS terrorists for fear of offending his Muslim brotherhood buddies, Obama suggested France should pass strict laws prohibiting terror attacks, like it has on private weapons. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
Virginia Beach - - The criminal buzzards are finally coming home to roost for Virgina Beach Mayor Will Sessoms. After a yearlong investigation, he was charged with 5 counts of conflict of interest Wednesday for voting on zoning applications before City Council that benefited TowneBank, where he served as president until he was forced out late last year.
All five charges are misdemeanors, not rising to the level of ‘forcing’ Sessoms removal from City Council, but leaving a bad stain on his reputation and the council if he doesn’t resign.
The five charges were bought by a special prosecutor for the state Wednesday after almost a year investigation, in advance of the expiration of the statue of limitations on Nov. 8.
Sessoms and others are still targets of a federal government corruptions investigation. No such statue of limitations is pending on the federal cases and indictments can be issued at any time. One source said FBI indictments involving City Manager Jim Spore (who’s announced his pending resignation), a business partner, councilman John Uhrin and others may be announced about mid-December. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
ATTENTION VOTERS: The future of Virginia, your rights, and economy is at stake Tuesday … REALLY!
All House and Senate Seats are up for election. Currently Republicans have a 1-seat edge in the Senate - - That’s too slim to risk. Giving the Democrats control of the senate is akin to giving legendary bank robber Willie Sutton keys to the bank.
The talented current ghetto-organizing president has been allowed to trash our constitution. He’s proved himself a habitual liar on defense, race, the economy, medical policy, the environment, just to name a few major issues.
A RINO, go-along-to-get-along, Congress has aided and abetted him every step of the way.
We can reclaim our rights, our government, one step at a time, starting at the local level. Your chance begins Tuesday.
VNS' Election Recommendations ... (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story ...
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Joseph Stalin: 1878 – 1953 * Megalomanical dictator of Russia from the mid-1920s to his death in 1953. It is believed Beria, head of the NKVD, poisoned Stalin to stop him from starting WW III with America over Korea and the Berlin Airlift. Stalin purged his military, and murdered millions of his own citizens to implement communism.
Barack Obama: 1961 – present * Megalomanical president of the United States. Community Organizer, Marxist, suspected Muslim, disciple of Saul Alinsky.
by Ira White - Portsmouth
While Democrats beat the drum of poverty, inequality, and becoming more like European socialist countries, a study of OECD economic data revealed that poverty is worse under European socialism.
Poverty in those nations including Britain, Germany, and France – each less than 1/4th the population of America – offers considerably worse conditions and a lower standard of living than that in the US.
Why don't we hear that?
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
[Editor’s Note; Sue, of North, VA has joined VNS as a regular columnist.
How would it be if you were playing a game and, in the middle of it, the rules were changed in favor of your opponent so that they were then ahead and ended up winning? Or, you signed a contract for the terms for payment of your new car and, half way through, the terms were changed.
So it is with the United States Constitution. It is our rulebook; it is a contract. Its ratification by the several states was an agreement as to the rules that the federal government would use.
It defines what the federal government can do as well as what it cannot do. Its true meaning has been misconstrued to such an extent that the way our country operates today is totally foreign to the original way.
By Ira White, VNS Columnist
Liberals are proclaiming a TKO for Hillary in the Benghazi hearings, but that totally ignores what we know.
The false video narrative was merely designed to coverup the offense, Hillary's claim that others were delegated for security management shifts blame for the offense, and the emails are only the paper trail of the offense.
What we know is from the ones who were on the inside:
Security commander Lt. Col. Andrew Wood said that he and Ambassador Chris Stevens "were fighting a losing battle. We couldn't even keep what we had."
Security officer Eric Nordstrom stated "it was abundantly clear we were not going to get resources until the aftermath of an incident."
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
The USS Yorktown was commissioned in 1937 and sunk at the Battle of Midway, 1942. Prior to Midway, she and the USS Lexington had been involved in several skirmishes with the Imperial Japanese Navy in the Coral Sea.
A number of minor Japanese ships were sunk, including the light Japanese carrier Shoho. In a major sea battle the USS Lexington was sunk, and the Yorktown badly damaged. Tactically, this was a Japanese victory, but a Japanese invasion fleet had been turned back from Port Moresby in Australia.
American Intelligence had broken the code and knew the Japs were coming.
Between June 3 and 7, 1942, the Japanese Imperial Navy lost four of their front line carriers at Midway at a cost of the USS Yorktown.
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Women's Health
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- Facebook photo of duct-taped dog triggers police investigation
- Modern-day Syria and 'Antigone': Syrian women find strength through acting
- Burping plasma: What happens when black holes digest stars
- Why Massachusetts wants to raise the smoking age to 21
- Hollande, activists gear up for Paris climate talks
- Why Ben Carson is visiting Jordan
- Donald Trump reframes claim that Muslims cheered 9/11
- Putin orders sanctions against Turkey after downing Russian warplane
- Should you invest your emergency fund?
- Kosovo police arrest opposition leader for Parliament unrest
- Official: Clinic suspect made 'no more baby parts' comment
- Pope heads to Central African Republic with peace message
- Images, analysis released of Cleveland officer shooting boy
- Attorneys for slain boy's family want own experts to testify
- In S. Korea, a town of Kims _ and an unusual shared history
- Hamstrung by Congress, Obama tries to clinch climate pact
- More deaths blamed on wintry storm moving through central US
- Carson after tour: Syrian refugees don't want to come to US
- Black Friday store sales fall as Americans buy more online
- No. 13 Stanford rallies past No. 4 Notre Dame 38-36
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- The Dumbest Investments Warren Buffett Ever Made
- Best Black Friday Deals at Best Buy
- Small-Business Success Story: Pure Barre Fitness Studios Franchise
- Best Black Friday Deals on Amazon
- Great Places to Retire in Every State
- Best Black Friday Deals at Walmart
- Worst Things to Buy During the Holidays
- Tax Audit Red Flags
- Best Black Friday Deals at Costco
- Lorena Garcia's Path to Celebrity Chef