by John P.Kuchta Jr.
We’re being “set-up.” I’ll offer a few personal examples.
I don’t know how else to interpret the fact that my US Congressman, Scott Rigell, representing VA’s Second Congressional District, will not respond to my local, regional and national security concerns expressed in a registered letter dated 07 Dec 14, that’s over five months ago.
On 08 April 15, Rigell lied to me in front of 200+ citizens at his Town Hall Meeting at Regency Law School.
He went on and on, obviously playing to the crowd about “responsiveness” when I rose to ask him publicly why he wouldn’t or couldn’t respond to my concerns expressed in my Dec 2014 letter.
We make fun of Bill Clinton for saying things like, "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." It was and still is amusing to hear how he and Ms. Clinton can change the meanings of everyday words in order to wriggle out of a tight place. But, they have taught us a lesson. If we pay attention to the valuable lessons we learn from scheming politicians, and not just the Clintons, and apply them to meaningful purposes we could benefit greatly. I have two examples of how we are fooled every day, one just a rip-off and the other more highly destructive.
The lesser meaning of the two is a simple ad in a brochure, newspaper, magazine or flier. An actual ad in a brochure reads, "50% off all frames, all lens and all lens options." So, I go to purchase a set of glasses but the manager quotes me a price without the 50% discount. I complain. He shows me a nondescript small print disclaimer that says, "Some frames and lens excluded from offer. Other restrictions may apply."
I asked him to give me his definition of the word 'all' and he becomes inflamed.
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
Let me see if I can wrap my arms around these warnings we're getting from folks as diverse as our Department of Defense, the FBI and, today, ISIS' PR Department.
Virginia has been mentioned in all three reports within the last five weeks.
I know what we should do, let's dump millions of dollars into a $300 million light rail boondoggle. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
Hardening our schools, churches, synagogues, malls and entertainment venues should absolutely play second fiddle to a corrupt light rail project.
Bottom line: The VB City Council is under investigation by the FBI and the VA State Police. Making money for their campaign donors in this light rail project obviously takes precedence over the safety of the citizens of Virginia Beach.
Congressman Rigell, how's your response coming along? You either can't or won't address these security issues. Please just tell me which it is.
by Chris Kettner - VNS Columnist and host of the Specialist Radio hour.
The Real Problem
Let’s go to Baltimore everybody! Well maybe…not.
The Rioting and looting seen on our television screens this week are merely a microcoism into almost every urban big city in America. MAKE NO MISTAKE…It is clearly fueled by radical liberal policies and political corruption.
Baltimore has not had a Republican Mayor since 1967 and Maryland only (2) two Republican Governors since 1969.
The Radical Liberal mindset is clear. Baltimore’s Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s statement to “Give those who wish to destroy….Space to destroy” says it all.
What I, your humble correspondent noticed is “This space to destroy” was of course tax payer buildings, and private citizens loss of life savings.
This IS the typical Radical Liberal mindset.
I did not see the Mayor allowing HER property, HER office building, and HER cars being given “Space to be destroyed”……Just everyone else’s.
Maybe these will resonate with you. Click on [Read More] below for rest of the column
Did novice Virginia Beach City Councilman Ben Davenport hit the Kickapoo Joy Juice before Thursday night's city Council budget hearing or does he not know what racism is when he hears it?
In his libertarian attack on the city's proposed budget, former City Councilman Robert K. Dean, in his speech,(balance of which had to be delivered by another citizen because of time restraints, stated. among other things: See Dean’s complete statement
“And Mrs. Hammond? (A staunch, but under-educated supporter of the Folly Trolley) What is it about this light rail proposal that makes it so finger-licking good?
“Is it the 40 percent cost-overruns? Or the fact that it will absolutely NOT reduce traffic congestion? Let me repeat that. No reduction in traffic congestion. And before the first shovel of dirt is turned, you have already thrown away a minimum of just under $50 million dollars that has to be figured into the capital cost of the project.”
Now we know that current state delegate and former Councilman Ron Villanueva was selected by Virginia News Source as one of the dumbest councilmen in Virginia Beach when he stuck out his chest trying to act intellectual and asked the police chief (about a murder case) if he had interviewed the victim. The police chief answered, "Mr. Villanueva, the victim was dead!) For that he was one of the first recipients of VNS’ "Dumb Ass of the Week Award.”
Davenport is now in the running for a council ‘DAW Award’. According to Dean, Davenport became agitated ... went ballistic charging 'finger-licking' was a blatantly racist remark... The Council youngster obviously didn't know anything about the KFC marketing slogan, its orgin and its useage in the world.
His nonsensical tirade caused Mayor Will (who refuses to deny he has used the word “NIGGER” in conversations) Sessoms to bring down the gavel and ’shush’ Lil Ben, telling him to be quiet and sit-down.
Dean was dumbfounded. Unable to understand what triggered the outburst. He couldn't comprehend what Lil' Ben was trying to say about racism …
THE FRAUD OF NORFOLK MAYOR PAUL FRAIM'S LIGHT RAIL PROJECT FOR VB CITIZENS
While a ‘paltry’ passel of political ‘suck-ups’ showed up outside City Council chambers to demonstrate their ignorance and stupidity of ‘Fraim’s Folly,’ the misguided, fiscally fraudulent Norfolk light rail project Tuesday night, voters who want to save their tax dollars from helping pay for Norfolk’s ‘folly’ can read the documents prepared by concerned, informed citizens over a period of several months of intense study.
1.Read the entire Draft Environmental Impact Study:
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
I was born in 1938. I remember WWII, seeing the soldiers on the street corners. My parents protected me and my sisters from the horrors of Germany and Japan.
In high school I had a shop teacher who survived the Bataan Death March. He was gray looking and never smiled. And a biology teacher that shook all the time from shell shock. We kids paid them no mind. They were oddities to be ridiculed and laughed at.
I had an uncle who followed Patton across Europe building roads and bridges. Uncle Clyde never spoke of the war. He was a quiet and reserved individual. CA Henry was with the Army Air Force in the Pacific and Korea. CA never mentioned the wars. Both are dead now.
Jack Marshal is still alive. We call each other once a month. He served on PT boats in the Pacific. Gordon Sams is ailing and nearing the end. He served on cargo ships at Iwo Jima and Okinawa.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
“He alone who owns the youth, gains the future.” Adolf Hitler
How many tenured professors at UT indoctrinate their students with Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin? You’ll find the Communist Manifesto on their reading lists.
You will not find the Federalist Papers there. Only progressive communist ideology is taught.
“The rich aren’t paying their fair share.” Barack Obama
Top 1% pays over 20% of all tax revenues. Top 10% pays 68%. Top 50% pays 97%. The bottom 50%, the ones on welfare and government handouts, pay only 3%.
“It’s Bush’s fault.” Barack Obama.
- Stop using our youth as 'canon fodder' political wars
- Stupid Virginia Beach Taxpayers - 'Easy Pickin's'
- Terroists, Coyotes & Congressman Rigell
- 'The Coin"
- Obama's immigration moves sure to destroy America!
- White Rabbit - song of drugs, sex, and rock & roll, communes, war protesters, dropping out - Does it still apply?
- LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure)
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Laparoscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Newer Birth Control Pills May Slightly Raise Blood Clot Risk
- Too Many Women Who Need Bone Screening Aren't Getting It
- Pap Smear
- Nearly 1 in 5 Female College Freshmen Sexually Assaulted: Study
- Grateful Dead fans prove to be loyal and generous
- Radical teachers vow to block Mexican midterm elections
- From health care to economy, Obama muses about his legacy
- Boat with more than 450 people sinks in China's Yangtze
- Iraqi plan to defeat Islamic State: Too light on political steps?
- Bernie Sanders and Chuck Todd's 'Meet the Press' fiasco: 50 shades of bad
- Weighing the risks of a southern California tsunami
- What constitutes a Facebook threat? Supreme Court throws out man's conviction. (+video)
- Where are electric cars rare outside of California?
- How suspected ex-Nazis reaped $20 million in Social Security benefits
- Survivors pulled from China boat capsizing; hundreds missing
- Latest on China Boat Sinking: Over 1,000 sent to help search
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Iraq calls for more intel from allies against Islamic State
- FBI behind mysterious surveillance aircraft over US cities
- With law expired, Senate mulls changes to phone collection
- Some GOP donors willing to give to many, just not Paul
- Transgender movement looks to benefit from Jenner's change
- More older Americans are being buried by housing debt
- Jewish violinist finishes father's piece that Nazis broke up
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Being a Clever Investor Isn't Always Smart
- 3 Bargain Stocks to Beat the Market
- How Much Flood Insurance Costs
- Food Freebies: Free Coffee at Xtramart on June 1
- Best Cheap Organic Items to Buy at Walmart
- 5 Reasons to Shop at Aldi Instead of Trader Joe's
- What I Learned From My Soviet Husband About Money
- 5 Ways to Save Without Looking Like a Cheapskate
- Best Dividend Stocks of the S&P 500
- 12 Stocks to Earn Dividends Every Month