by Ira White - VNS Columnist
THE REAL THREAT TO CHILDREN
We are aware of the danger to women and young girls from the open-bathroom policy being pushed by the LGBT agenda. But a broader threat exists for children as a whole – now and in the future. As the new scientific report SEXUALITY & GENDER reveals:
1. "Only 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as a gender that does not correspond to their biological sex. CHILDREN ARE A SPECIAL CASE... only a minority who experience cross-gender identification will continue to do so into adolescence or adulthood."
2. "The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex – 'BORN THAT WAY' – is not supported by scientific evidence." [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
One well-heeled Virginia Beach wag once referred to the city council as the dumbest body of white folks in the city. Can’t say that now, a black person has been added.
At the 8th annual Thalia Civic League candidates forum Thursday night, everyone showed up but convicted misdemeant, Mayor Will Sessoms. He sent a surrogate, councilman Ben Davenport.
Mayoral candidate R. K. Kowalewitch came out the gate swinging, calling Sessoms a crook who the last two candidate forums has refused to appear. “He is the first member of City Council to be convicted of a crime,” Kowalewitch said. “He enriched himself as president of Towne Bank by voting 92 times to make $260 MILLION in his bank loans to friends, associates, and favored business interests who had projects before council.”[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Councilwoman Shannon Kane broke the law in recruiting city fire department personnel to do her political dirty work in her run for re-election according to emails received under the Freedom of Information Act.
Kane is opposed by Robert Dean who said she should resign from office and drop out of the race for re-election. (See Dean’s News Conference Statement)
Dean Thursday released emails showing Kane got Virginia Beach firemen to erect her 4x8 - foot campaign signs in clear violation of Sec. 2-90 of the City Code.
Dean wrote Commonwealth’s Atty. Colin Stolle and City Atty. Mark Stiles about the criminal violation requesting investigation and action, which includes firing of employees who violate the code.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
By Victoria (Vicky) Manning
Candidate for Virginia Beach School Board
Almost two years ago, I discovered radical changes to the grading practices in Va Beach secondary schools. Teachers were being told not to give zeros for work not turned in, not to deduct points for work turned in late and test retakes were being encouraged.
Homework also could not be a factor in the grade. When I first approached the school board about my concerns, they were not aware this was taking place and my concerns seemed to be dismissed. I continued pushing back against these practices that lowered standards, removed accountability, and created more work for our teachers.
After a year of forums, surveys, and committee meetings, the Superintendent’s office put forth more radical recommendations which included removing the percentage grading scale. I continued to press the Board and rallied the community to have their voice heard.
New guidelines were recently presented at a workshop on Aug 3. These recommendations do allow for homework completion to be a factor of the grade—up to 10%. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
IF … that coalition of blacks, Latinos, feminists, gays, government workers, union members, environmental extremists, a partisan media, Hollywood, uninformed young people, the “forever needy,” the chronically unemployed, illegal aliens, and other “bonehead losers” vote for Hillary Clinton … Norman Rockwell’s American portrait is kaput!
Our Constitution will be replaced by Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.” The DNC progressives and those RNC RINOS, along with George Soros and his communist pals, will be pulling the strings on their White House puppet. The curtain will go up on a New World Order. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Re: your story about Virginia Beach member Shannon Kane using the fire department employees as her own labor force to erect her campaign signs in violation of the law.
I don’t see what the problem is: She is only following the lead of Mayor ‘Conflict-of-Interest’ Will Sessoms in betraying her public trust.
Extrapolating it further (e.g. Hillary Clinton) ‘After all what difference does it make?’
But another problem is brought to light. Her Fire Dept. lackey, William Bailey, head of the fire fighters union, is drawing disability because he can’t work for the city, but can erect signs for her. Is that right? Should his disability payments be investigated?
by Michael Thompson - President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
Special to Virginia News Source
One of the issues that continues to confront our nation is what to do about those illegal residents living in our communities now and how to reform the entire immigration and naturalization system. A few ideas toward that end are outlined herein.
First, we have to secure our borders. Whatever Congress decides, it is clear that our borders need to be more secure. That's step one to bringing a solution to our immigration problem in this country.
Second is terminology. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - VNS columnist
I hope people realize that the reason the liberal political establishment wants open borders is twofold:
1. To flood the elective with millions of illegal immigrants, become their welfare champions, grant them citizenship and the vote, and secure 1-party Democrat predominance and power once and for all.
2. To prop up the ambitious agenda for an elite governmental alliance of nations that will consolidate their political position on a global scale, and assure there is a central hierarchy of non-sovereign leadership and laws to attain the necessary authority and economic control to rule the populations as they see fit.
They actually believe this will succeed to the betterment of mankind because they reject consideration of how God has designed human nature in all people including themselves. (Click Read More below for rest of article)
- Birth Control Options (Types and Side Effects)
- Another Study Questions Mammography Screening
- Vulvodynia (Vaginal Pain)
- For Many Women, Sex Gets Better at Midlife
- Botox Beats Implant for Urinary Incontinence in Women
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Hot Flashes, Mood Woes?
- Ovarian Cysts
- What a new map tells us about the Milky Way
- Get a real ambassador, UN staff protest at appointment of Wonder Woman
- Calais Jungle to be dismantled: What's next for the Jungle's children?
- New York vs AirBnB: Can the company survive restrictions from cities?
- Can feral cats be useful in the war on rats?
- Why the few remaining snow leopards are still dying at the hands of humans
- Should you keep all your accounts at the same bank?
- Should Montana justice be impeached for sentencing on incest case?
- How hackers carried out the DDoS cyber-attack with DVRs and cameras
- Despite stores closing, the best Black Friday deals will be on Thanksgiving
- Off his message again: Trump vows to sue all female accusers
- AP Interview: Kaine already reaching out to GOP
- Emails show Clinton campaign attention to black voters.
- AT&T is reportedly in talks to buy Time Warner for $80B
- Iraqi leader resists US push for Turkish role in Mosul fight
- Iraq pushes into town near Mosul after IS assault on Kirkuk
- In Aleppo, jewel of Syrian rebellion faces possible collapse
- AP Exclusive: 'High threat' Texas border busts aren't always
- Attacks on the internet keep getting bigger and nastier
- For Clinton, struggle to change public perception persists
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- How Much Social Security Benefits Will Go Up in 2017
- 9 Best Stocks to Buy Amid Market Turmoil
- 10 Blue-Chip Stocks You Should Sell Right Now
- 4 Retirement Planning Pitfalls to Avoid
- 4 Things to Know Now About Black Friday 2016
- The Biggest Mistakes Investors Make
- How $5 and the Stash App Turned Me Into an Investor
- Why You Should Invest in Dividend-Paying Stocks
- How Much Are You Paying for Investing Fees?
- October Is National Financial Planning Month