by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
“He alone who owns the youth, gains the future.” Adolf Hitler
How many tenured professors at UT indoctrinate their students with Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin? You’ll find the Communist Manifesto on their reading lists.
You will not find the Federalist Papers there. Only progressive communist ideology is taught.
“The rich aren’t paying their fair share.” Barack Obama
Top 1% pays over 20% of all tax revenues. Top 10% pays 68%. Top 50% pays 97%. The bottom 50%, the ones on welfare and government handouts, pay only 3%.
“It’s Bush’s fault.” Barack Obama.
by Tom Holmes
I share with you the following note to a friend regarding the attitudes of the Obama Administration toward our men and women in uniform:
You and I have children who served in Iraq, so we have a particular perspective on what it is like to send a child off into the field of battle. My son's USMC unit was activated prior to hostilities, mid-term, second semester of his senior year at Ole Miss, but he never once complained. Spent his birthday that year rolling across the desert from Kuwait into Iraq.
Nobody ever said the Virginia Beach voters are smart.
In fact the Virginia Beach city Council thinks they are downright stupid - why else would they be able to raise the property tax rate from $.87 to a dollar $1.22 in 10 years without protest?
Now the Council plans to raise it another six cents per $100 assessed value to finance fiscal mismanagement and to help bail Norfolk out of its financially crippling, money-losing and unsuccessful ‘Fraim’s Folly' – – AKA Norfolk light rail system.
And have you heard any grumbling from the taxpayers? No!
VNS columnist Bob O'Connor looks at this display of citizen stupidity in his most recent column entitled "Easy Pickin’s.” Click here to see: O'Connor's 'Easy Pickin's' for an insight into stupidity of beach taxpayers.
By Chris Kettner, Virginia News Source Columnist
In my first column for the VA News Source, I thought it would be proper to write about a subject that my radio show is based upon...That would bring me to “The Coin”.
I, for one, have had enough with terms like Red, Blue, Liberal, Conservative, Radical Right, Radical Left, Republican, and Democrat. Whatever happened to the term American?
As an Independent, I have come to realize that our great country has no chance for continued success until we as a nation stop dividing the country based on labels.
Once a person adopts a label for themselves, they have doomed themselves to becoming a follower of that label or group. They surrender the God-given ability to think for themselves. They become nothing more than followers… mindless robots, regurgitating the labels’ talking points.
I submit to you, kind reader, that if all Americans were to throw away the labels and actually look at both sides of the issues, they would find a little truth on both sides of the coin.
I further submit to you, that armed with that knowledge, you would at least have a better understanding of both sides of the coin.
by Larry Henry
Grace Slick sang White Rabbit back in 1967 in tribute to the American drug culture. That was the Age of Aquarius, drugs, sex, and rock & roll, communes, war protesters, dropping out, it was cool, man. Or so we thought at the time.
Today the White Rabbit is in control of our lives.
Democrats created the Housing disaster in 2008 with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, thanks to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Republicans did not protest strongly enough before the roof fell in. Obama came out with his Stimulus Package to save the day. About 95% went to the unions. Union dues then poured millions back into the DNC coffers.
That Gulf oil spill could have been capped six months earlier, but Obama refused to accept help from anyone not unionized.
by John P.Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
A man has to helplessly watch a pack of coyotes tearing a live, new-born calf apart to realize that cattle and coyotes don't mix. Sometimes, the culprits are hopelessly out-of-range. For many decades, coyotes were not a part of the Virginia landscape; but, now they are found in every corner of the state.
As a consequence of their taste for beef and wild game that we enjoy, we shoot coyotes on sight out on the farm in Suffolk, VA, where we hunt turkeys, bear and deer. If by chance we are able to see where the coyotes are dening, we're not above throwing poisoned baits near the mouth of the den. If you think that you've wiped them out, soon other coyotes will sense the territory is available and move their clan in to fill the vacancy. I guess that's just nature's way, the strong hoping to pray on the weak. CLICK 'READ MORE' BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY ...
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
As our Buffoon-in-Chief orders his Secretary of Dunces to extend talks to allow Iran to develop a nuclear weapon, how appropriate is it that the first day of that extension should be on April Fools Day?
The jokes on us, my fellow Americans, and you need no further proof of that fact than this article:
As you are well aware, the Iranians refer to Israel as the "Little Satan" and to us as the "Great Satan." Their often-broadcast plan is to first eliminate the Israelis and then focus their sights on us.
Barack Hussein Obama may not get the opportunity to sneer at the smoldering remains of America as he emerges from his bunker. My take is that Obama will soon be a nasty memory compliments of his former political funds benefactors, the Saudis.
- risedronate, Actonel, Atelvia
- Hormone Replacement May Protect Women's Kidneys, Study Suggests
- Sex May Boost Female Immune System to Aid Fertility
- Bone Density Scan: Who Should Get One
- Uterine Growths
- Video Games May Make Women Pile Up More Than Points
- Computer-Aided Mammograms May Not Be Worth the Cost: Study
- MRIs Before Breast Cancer Surgery on the Rise: Study
- Antidepressants Top Treatment Choice for Severe PMS: Researchers
- ofloxacin, Floxin (Discontinued Brand)
- College football TV schedule Saturday: Utah-Cal, Mich.-NW top games
- 'Pan': What's different in the origin story of the boy who wouldn't grow up
- Whole wheat cinnamon pancakes
- Is Russia trumping US in Syria? Pentagon is of two minds.
- Mass shootings or everyday violence: Where should campus gun debate focus?
- Should people be able to demand that websites 'Do Not Track' them?
- Geek teams on two continents write poverty-breaking apps for Kenya
- No matter who holds the speaker's gavel, the game has changed
- Why does Gaza have a cafe just for women?
- Why Chicago is shuttering anti-violence programs amid spike in shootings
- Officials: Before Russian bombs, CIA rebels had Syrian gains
- John Boehner's here to stay, for now, with nothing to lose
- Portraits of some of the victims in Kunduz hospital bombing
- 30 killed, 126 injured in Ankara bomb attacks
- Palestinian attacker stabs 2 in Jerusalem in latest violence
- Kim declares N. Korea ready to stand up to any US threat
- Black men gathering for Million Man March 20th anniversary
- Donald Trump, brash New Yorker, picks up Southern campaign
- Belarus' Lukashenko set for re-election
- Strong emotions as Obama visits grieving Oregon town
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 3 Side Jobs for Stay-at-Home Moms and Dads
- 4 Best Tech Stocks to Build a Portfolio
- 6 Food Freebies and Deals in October
- 7 Things You Need to Know About Shopping Site Jet.com
- Who Has to Pay the Hike in Medicare Premiums (and How to Avoid It)
- Best Things to Buy on Jet.com
- Home Projects That Save Energy and Money
- Tax Breaks and Rebates for Energy-Efficient Home Improvements
- Best T. Rowe Price Funds for Your 401(k)
- The Benefits of Retirement Villages