It is as dangerous as it is disappointing; the calls to silence dissent and disagreement from those who’s arguments cannot withstand the scrutiny of critical thinking and documented facts.
One of the greatest liberties ever granted to man by God was the liberty to disagree with Him. Imagine The Almighty condescending to allow the impudence of His creation to defiantly rage, “There is no God!”
The Founding Fathers did not have to research history to understand the tyranny against the mind, the censorship of religion, conscience, speech, and thought. They lived it, hence the establishment of the 1st Amendment in our Bill of Rights.
By Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
A number of my colleagues view 9-11 as the beginning of World War III. I believe it started with Jimmy Carter’s misguided human rights implementation against Iran, which led to the overthrow of the Shah.
That brought the Ayatollah Khomeini to power, and the slaughter of 600,000 Iranians. Khomeini’s revolution was followed by the Iran-Iraq War, Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait, and Desert Storm.
Then the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. The Taliban raised their bloody sword and Al Qaeda followed suit. Osama bin Laden’s grand finale was orchestrating the mass murder of 2,977Americans Oct. 11, 2001.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Would our Marxist / Socialist / Fabian / Commie Bastard-in-Chief start a war out in the wilderness when there is no life at risk and no property has been damaged? Of course Obama would!
Realize that this whole occupation began when a jury of their peers sent the pair of father and son Hammond family members to jail for three months.
A federal prosecutor demanded that a federal judge impose a FIVE YEAR sentence on the father and son.
The Hammonds were doing a "Controlled Burn" on THEIR land when the wind shifted and 127 acres of adjacent federal land was scorched.
The controlled burns clear-out dry undergrowth, it does not burn big timber. In essence, not a great deal of harm was done.
So, now we have armed citizens ready to confront a federal government that has gone completely off the reservation. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
Ira White - Portmouth
Special to VNS
Last year in the Wall Street Journal, author Eric Metaxas wrote a popular article titled, SCIENCE INCREASINGLY MAKES THE CASE FOR GOD (December 25, 2014). It is not only this article, but its subsequent rebuttal in another publication that is profound. Mr. Metaxas, makes the case (quoting some scientists and academics, I might add) that the statistical probability of life and the universe existing without intelligent design is most improbable. However, in the New Yorker magazine, Lawrence Krauss responded, in part:
"Such a claim is fraught with statistical perils. In order for me to be writing this piece, consider all the factors that had to be 'just right': I had to find myself in San Francisco; the sequence of stoplights my taxi had to traverse in order to get me to the airport; the airport security screener had to experience similar coincidences in order to be there when I needed her; same goes for the pilot. It would be easy for me to derive a set of probabilities that, when multiplied together, would produce a number so small that it would be statistically impossible for me to be here now writing."
Does anyone see the problem? [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
By Lou Pritchett,
Letter to Obama from Lou Pritchett, former top executive of Procter and Gamble
[Editor’s note: This is a letter written by one of the country’s top executives criticizing Barack Obama. The New York Times and other national media refused to run it. Read it and you’ll see why the mainstream media is so protective of the president].
Dear President Obama:
You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.
You scare me because after years of exposure, I know nothing about you.
You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive ivy-league education or your extravagant lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.
You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.
You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll. (Click on 'Read More' below for rest of this article.)
by Ira White - Portsmouth
Special to VNS
The new movie 13 HOURS on the Benghazi tragedy (Jan. 15 release) may be another hard glimpse into reality, but I hope everyone who needs to see it does if for no other reason than to be reminded of the consequences of politicians who care more about their power and elections than they do American lives and security.
The secrets have long been exposed that Obama and Hillary purposely pulled out Eric Nordstrom's specialized 16-man Libyan security team in 7/2012, refused response to the attacks on 9/11/2012, and quickly covered up their motives specifically to save Obama's 11/2012 re-election from his covert "Arab Spring" catastrophe.
Hillary's emails are still revealing more disgusting details including her correspondence and collusion with Sidney Blumenthal – longtime Clinton confidant, Clinton Foundation employee, and Hillary campaign advisor – to exchange "intelligence" on potential business contacts and contracts in Libya and the region.
Hopefully, the visual record of this new film will refresh a national consciousness that Hillary now seeks control of American safety and security again in 2016.
The movie trailer says it best: "The story you were never told."
[Editor's note: Without question ISIS has the most interest in hitting Virginia Beach/Tidewater with a massive terrorist attack. Virginia Beach is the home of the ISIS-hated SEAL Team 6 - the killers of bin Laden and many other top ISIS leaders.
[With its 'head-in-the-sand, niave and stupid politicians who squader tax monies on an unwatned light rail line instead of establishing a major protection plan for its schools, and other soft targets, a terror attack in Virginia Beach isn't 'IF' but 'WHEN.' our children, churches, and shopping centers will pop up as ISIS targets. If Virginia Beach thinks its piddling planning is sufficient, then that kind of thinking only highlights its political reasoning for light rail. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the scary column ...
- Birth Control Options (Types and Side Effects)
- Another Study Questions Mammography Screening
- Vulvodynia (Vaginal Pain)
- For Many Women, Sex Gets Better at Midlife
- Botox Beats Implant for Urinary Incontinence in Women
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Hot Flashes, Mood Woes?
- Ovarian Cysts
- Immigration issues and a sense of home
- 2017 Audi R8 is one of the best cars to buy next year
- 'Keeping Up With the Joneses' has funny people in overly familiar story
- A Nobel Peace Prize well deserved, a mixed record of governance, perseverance is key, history...
- Readers write: Arts skills are essential, gun violence
- Here's what crippled the internet
- Two years after Laquan McDonald's death, a proposal to recall elected officials
- Why is support for marijuana legalization hitting record heights?
- When American elections were rigged: How did the US stop electoral fraud?
- Bush’s letter to Clinton: Even bitter elections can bring polite power transfers
- Iraq pushes into town near Mosul after IS assault on Kirkuk
- Pentagon chief in Iraq to see commanders, assess Mosul fight
- Clinton TV ad hits Trump hard; he promises an all-out effort
- Clinton campaign ponders 'what if' Trump doesn't concede
- In Aleppo, jewel of Syrian rebellion faces possible collapse
- Clinton campaign: No health issues after mailed powder found
- Cyberattacks on key internet firm disrupt internet services
- Report: Syrian government blamed for 3rd chemical attack
- No discipline for Minneapolis cops in Jamar Clark slaying
- Venezuela braces for turbulence after recall is stalled
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- How Much Social Security Benefits Will Go Up in 2017
- 9 Best Stocks to Buy Amid Market Turmoil
- 10 Blue-Chip Stocks You Should Sell Right Now
- 4 Retirement Planning Pitfalls to Avoid
- 4 Things to Know Now About Black Friday 2016
- The Biggest Mistakes Investors Make
- How $5 and the Stash App Turned Me Into an Investor
- Why You Should Invest in Dividend-Paying Stocks
- How Much Are You Paying for Investing Fees?
- October Is National Financial Planning Month