By Tom Holmes
Contributor to Virginia News Source
OK, I'm tired of all the Pilgrim and "first" Thanksgiving crap. We celebrated Thanksgiving in the South before those immigrant religious zealots ever got lost and stumped their toe at Plymouth Rock. I am talking about the first official Thanksgiving held in Virginia, by the way.
OK, so they may have had one earlier down in St. Augustine in fifteen something or other, but it didn't really catch on, did it? It also didn't lead to the formation of a myth and totally new race of people. So, here goes:
Yes, we had a good thing going in Ol' Virginny long before the arrival of those happy-go-lucky (not!) Pilgrims. Should have learned our lesson about immigration control right then and there, but noooo. Allowed them to stay and, thus, began the Mayflower Myth and eventual formation of a new race of people known as "damnyankees." In my humble opinion, this was the first great mistake in the development of what was to become the United States of America.
by Thomas Pastore
Special to VNS
On the eve of this Thanksgiving, over 100 illegal's (openly), came over the California border, in defiance of our Laws, throwing rocks at our Border Patrols, demanding entrance. In open fashion, without regard for our Laws, more and more are we seeing Illegal activity viewed as "justified" by people who (mainly) come from a country that would have shot or arrested them for the exact activities they "get away with" in a once proud country called America. Throughout this Land there are protestors compiled of Illegal's and their (accessory), supporters demanding that America grant them some sought of Amnesty for their Crimes. These protests, combined with the Weak Leadership that now composes America's government have those in Congress talking of "Reforms". Reforms are merely another way of saying that Congress and the alleged-one who is called "President", refuse to enforce the Laws of America, and in-fact are in violation of their very Oath of Office. They Fail to protect America, they fail to protect our Tax-dollars, with all the social welfare dollars Illegal's drain from our State and Federal budgets, and they fail to protect our right to seek work, as Illegal's now take jobs far more valuable then the so-called (jobs that we don't want), Myth that many want you to believe.
Americas' Government has decided to embrace these openly defiant, violators of our Laws. Strangers from other countries with NO sense of Loyalty to these United States. Selfish individuals who have chosen to leave their Families behind to make money, instead of staying in their country and attempt to make their country a better place for all of their people. After-all, isn't that the history of America, when we chose to stand up to the Monarchy of Great Britain, and fought and Died for our right to a better life? Why do we Not emphasize to these Illegal's to go back home and do what we did?
by John P. Kuchta Jr. VNS Columnist Jihadists killed while working on explosives in a mosque? No way, Jose! It must have been a Lutheran church and the reporter got it all wrong. In no way should an incident like this in a far-flung corner of the globe cause us to consider if jihadists are working on explosives in our US Lutheran churches. But, if an investigation would be prove beyond a reasonable doubt that such goings-on were taking place in our Lutheran churches, the proper course of action would be to raid said churches at 0300 some Sunday morning, arrest and try anyone found to be in possession of illegal weapons, explosives or ammo and dispatch quick, Old West-style justice. As usual, I'll buy the rope! Hey, Eric Holder, can I get an amen? (See: Afghanistan: Seven jihadis killed in mosque when mines they were making explode prematurely)
Here is a simple question everyone is avoiding but the answer is obvious: How stupid are the American people?
On October 30, 2008 Barack Obama said, "We are five days from fundamentally transforming the United States of America." And so the stupidest people in the world (oops! I gave away the answer) voted for a man who said he was effectively going to throw away the United States of America and replace it with......what? He didn't say. Well, how stupid is that? Think about it. On July four, 1776 the Representatives of the United States of America declared the intentions of the people to fundamentally transform the British Colonies in North America.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
The following this article which details the goof-up's during the Clinton administration in the war against terror when anti-terror officials completely disregarded intel that put Muslim jihadists behind plans to hijack airliners.
Does that Clinton era attitude differ at all from today's FBI being warned twice by the Russians that the Tsarnaev brothers were up to no good in Boston? What do these FBI guys do to become so ineffective? How do you train to ignore the obvious?
Exclusively for VNS by Tom McElvy, Virginia Beach
Here in these United States, we are a nation of law... from the Constitution to the local ordinance, these laws are here to help maintain an orderly society. Not everyone likes all of them, which is why we have a government to work with the people in changing and/or modifying these laws as necessary.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the person inhabiting the White House has no respect for this country, the people of this country, and the laws of this great republic, which he swore to uphold. Obama is now showing his true colors - and one that scares me the most is his, and his administrations’ selective enforcement of the laws of this great republic.
“It’s the law of the land,” according to Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, whenever confronted about the (Un)affordable Care Act. So, let’s extrapolate from there. From that statement, we can rest assured that the Legislative and Executive branches will follow those very laws.
For the most part I appreciate the Dr. Footsie cartoons, subject matter and presentation, but I think VNS should get away from the toilet humor. There are too many other ways your cartoonist to stay on the ‘edge’ of major issues without resorting to ‘fecal funnies.’
Brandon Clinton Chesapeake
by Chris Braunlich
Thomas Jefferson Institute
"One-Stop-Shopping" Website Announced for
Education Improvement Scholarship Tax Credit
The Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy today released a new website designed to assist Virginians in taking advantge of the new "Virginia Education Improvement Scholarships Tax Credit."
Located at www.vataxcreditscholarship.com, the website is designed to be a "one-stop-shopping" website to help parents interested in finding a scholarship for their child, donors in identifying potential scholarship foundations to support, and schools in determining how to work to receive students with such scholarships.
Taking effect for the first time in January 2013, Virginia Education Improvement Scholarship Tax Credit works much like similar programs in 12 other states, where more than 150, 000 children are helped to receive a better education.
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- New Review Suggests Benefits of Annual Mammograms Are Overstated
- Breast Lumps (In Women)
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Menstrual Cramps
- Turner Syndrome
- Yeast Infection Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- College Women: Have a Healthy Spring Break
- Could the HPV Test Replace the Pap Test?
- Ukraine deal: How energy binds Russia, Europe
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Latin America's literary icon and bestselling author
- Two Bidens, a presidential selfie, and a big announcement about 2016
- Baseball: the definitive autobiography of Ted Williams and 6 other noteworthy books
- Download a Cheerios coupon? You can’t sue General Mills.
- Chipotle plans first price hike in three years.
- Zynga goes mobile with new FarmVille 2 app
- Confederate flag flap at N.Y. school: why debate is hardly settled
- An Internet army of truth-tellers
- Ukraine crisis: US boots on the ground in Poland is an option, Hagel says
- Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- Ukrainian unity on display with peaceful rallies
- Who gained, and what, at Ukraine talks
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Pope washes feet of elderly, disabled in rite
- Iranian woman forgives son's killer at the gallows
- Dirty creek, old purse solve four-decade mystery
- Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- April 9, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- Dividends from Berkshire? Not on Buffett's Watch
- Don't Bet Against Warren Buffett
- Saving for Retirement Advice From Around the Web
- New Fed Chief, New Unemployment Approach
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 20s
- Sweet Deals on Used Cars
- Insider Tips: Get the Best and Cheapest Seats on Your Next Flight
- Best Values in Used Cars, 2014
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 30s
- Why Flash Sales Aren't Always Good Deals
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections