by Sue Long - Special to VNS
Davy Crockett that is. When we think of Davy Crockett what usually comes to mind are his exploits as a pioneer wearing a raccoon-tail cap and his death at The Alamo. What is lesser known is that he was also a highly respected member of the United States House of Representatives from Tennessee.
While he was serving in D. C., a bill was being voted on to appropriate money for the widow of a distinguished naval officer. It was very much favored until Davy Crockett gave a speech to the contrary. The substance of his comment was that debts must be paid but in this case there was no debt. Her husband had been paid the appointed amount, the same as was given to all the others and it would be irresponsible to single her out for special treatment. In that case it would be charity and charity should be paid with your own money –not someone else’s.
How did he come by this state of mind?
by Larry Henry
War is coming … our way.
If you understand the history of the 20th Century, you know what’s around the corner.
The Muslim Brotherhood is on the march. Israel is fighting for her life. Russia is threatening the Ukraine and Eastern Europe. Western Europe and England are being overrun by Islam. China is threatening Formosa and Japan. North Korea, Pakistan, and India all have nuclear weapons. Click [Read More] below for rest of the article
(Note) I launched this guided missile this evening. Personally, I will never touch a Smithfield product as I refuse to partake in cruelty and suffering. It amazes me that nobody, like reporters, ever puts the record-breaking profits and the vague deadlines of 2017 and 2022 together!!! Logic gap big enough to drive a Mack truck through.
Back in December 2011 Smithfield said they would “get rid of all gestation crates for pregnant sows on its farms by 2017.” Pregnant sows were…and apparently still are..kept in a crate with little room to move. Several animal rights groups asked Smithfield to get rid of the ‘gestation crates’ as soon as possible.
In the same month, December 2011, Smithfield posted a $120.7M quarterly profit…it’s third best quarter ever. When this was reported in the Pilot, no relationship was drawn between the cruel practices and the high profit. Click Read More below:
Is it too farfetched to think Obama will try to use the ebola scare to declare marshall law? By executive order, he’s already declared certain cities as ‘quarantine stations’ - El Paso, Los Angeles, and 18 other cities.
Cap’n Crawdad became concerned when he heard Fox News talking about ebola panic. Some conspiracy theorists are ready to believe that the incompetent CDC, which it was recently revealed, lost deadly small pox viruses, and other deadly diseases, is poised to allow ebola to escape into the U.S. population.
If it does, don’t say Cap’n Crawdad and VNS didn’t warn you. But Cap’n Crawdad went running to his front door this morning - expecting hoards of frightened Virginia Beach citizens milling around in flip flops and carrying pitchforks, surfboards, and hockey sticks in protest.
Will the Kenyan-In-Chief use this event to crown himself ruler of the world? Read Kuchta’s take on the ebola panic: http://www.virginianewssource.com/jpk/
by Joseph J. McGrenra, CFCM
(July 28th, 2014)-I don’t remember the first time I saw James Garner on screen. It was in the early 1970’s and I recall it was a western-either Support Your Local Sheriff or Support Your Local Gunfighter.
The role that made him a star was Maverick, and I came to that late. I was and am a western fan, but that series was in black and white and by the time I was growing up a lot of stations wouldn’t show black and white series. However Garner returned to the role in the 1970s (The New Maverick and a cameo in Young Maverick), the 1980’s (the Bret Maverick series), and 1990’s 1994’s big screen Maverick).
He was one of the few stars of his era that worked on both the big and small screens. After leaving Maverick (more on that later), he spent the next decade or so concentrating on the big screen (The Great Escape, Grand Prix, etc.) before returning to television.
He was considered one of the best drivers in Hollywood and did all of his own driving in Grand Prix and later in The Rockford Files.
My favorite Garner role is easy and a no-brainer for me-Jim Rockford. I don’t remember if I was there for the first episode of The Rockford Files, but if I missed it, I was watching soon after it started. Rockford Files is one of the few shows in the history of television (yes my opinion, but shared by many others) that never really lost it or “jumped the sharp”.
It left television in the middle of its sixth season after Garner was told he needed a break or the pace was going to kill him. Garner intended to take some time and recover his health and return, but the studio decided not to wait for his return and pulled the plug (more on that later).
A Christian holocaust is taking place all over the Middle East and coming to America.
Christian men, women, and children, as well as other minorities, are LITERALLY being crucified, butchered, beheaded, raped and sold into slavery by the most grotesque, repugnant brutality unheard of in modernity.
What makes this particularly atrocious is the fact that WE, and every taxpaying American, are funding it.
America, under Obama, provided the “Islamic State of Iraq and Syria”, aka “ISIS”, with training, arms, and equipment, including MRAPS, Hellfire missiles, Humvees, millions of rounds of ammunition, etc, just for starters.
That’s what was ‘officially’ supplied to Iraq and ‘left’ for ISIS to pick up on its way to the slaughter.
A Virginia News Source Special Report
[Editor’s note: As a veteran reporter covering federal, state, and local courts since 1960, this reporter has never witnessed a story like Cameron Crockett’s.
His conviction on a manslaughter charge was the result of incompetent or corrupt prosecutors, defense attorneys, police investigators, and the courts. Or all of the above.
In fact one witness told the court she overheard the son of a Beach cop say, “I just got free…I thought I killed both of them (both Crockett and his best friend): The man, Jacob Palmer, was never interrogated by police or called to testify.
A police spokesman said the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office shut down their investigation and didn’t share information with them.
All are hiding behind official protection to keep the coverup going.
Prosecutors illegally read Crockett’s mail.
It was never proven by any witness that Crockett was driving.
Through judicial corruption, he was railroaded on withheld or manipulated evidence and sent to prison.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Today's headline reporting the conviction of one of the Tsanaev brothers' friends, made me ponder:
When do we get to see US Army traitor Nidal Hasan hanging by his neck? And, how long will we be made to wait to see justice for all the folks maimed and killed by the Tsarnaev brothers?
After killing 13 men and women at Fort Hood, TX, Hasan has managed to stay alive by the good graces of his Muslim cousin, our Community Organizer-in-Chief.
Do you want to put any money on my proposition that Hasan will NEVER be hung for his treason? Did we ever get the great controversy of Hasan's beard resolved? [Click Below to read more]
- Is Michelle Obama really she or he?
- Obama's 50-calibers coming home to roost!
- 2nd District Rep. Scott Rigell finally gets behind the 2nd Amendment
- Obama gave guns to Mexican criminals - Putin rockets to Ukraine rebels !
- Obama: It's not the color of his skin, but the blackness of his heart toward America that is a problem
- The Constitution and the Military
- Ob-Gyns: Use Ultrasound to Assess Pelvic Symptoms
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Evolution May Explain Why a Curvy Bottom Drives Men Wild
- Restraining Order Often Costly for Women
- Early Onset Hot Flashes May Point to Raised Heart Disease Risk
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Low Cancer Risk With Device Used to Remove Fibroids, Study Finds
- Mammogram Rates May Fall When Women Learn of 'Overdiagnosis' Risk
- Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Lower Levels of Key Nutrients in Women
- Israel reports successful test of 'David's Sling' missile-defense system
- Iraqi forces declare victory over ISIS in Tikrit
- Ted Cruz picks up religious freedom banner
- California drought: Who might feel new restrictions the most?
- Why Arkansas governor won't sign the Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- A $200 ticket for driving 'too slow?'
- Atlanta educators convicted of racketeering in test cheating scandal (+video)
- Has Boston bombing trial changed perceptions of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev? (+video)
- In backlash to Indiana law, an astonishing reversal in American politics (+video)
- N.J. Sen. Menendez indicted on federal corruption charges (+video)
- New Jersey Sen. Menendez vows to fight corruption charges
- Things to know about indictment against Sen. Menendez
- AP Exclusive: Airbnb to Cuba in major US business expansion
- Russian trawler with 132 crew sinks, at least 54 dead
- Double overtime: Faltering Iran nuclear talks extended again
- Arkansas, Indiana lawmakers race to update religion bills
- What Americans think about gay rights and religious liberty
- Police: Gunmen attack university in eastern Kenya, killing 2
- Getty oil heir's death latest in string of family tragedies
- Final Four teams have 4 different sets of drug-testing rules
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 6 Best Deals on Big-Screen TVs to Watch the Final Four
- Retirement Security In a Single Number
- The Only 5 Index Funds You Need to Own
- Tracking Down Missing Savings Bonds
- How Retirees Can Beat AARP Discounts
- Turn Your Overseas Retirement Fantasy Into Reality
- 8 New Military Technologies to Make a Stronger Warrior
- The Financial Pros and Cons of Getting Married Later in Life
- Best Times to Buy Household Appliances
- Don't Throw Away These Tax Records