The Concerned Citizens of the Middle Peninsula, along with numerous other organizations, will hold a statewide event March 8 at 2 p.m. in the Lighthouse Worship Center . addressing, “Is Environmental Extremism Destroying Individual Property Rights?”
The featured speaker is internationally known property rights expert, Tom DeWeese, President of The American Policy Center and publisher of The DeWeese Report. Tom is well known for numerous appearances on national TV and radio news programs.
Also speaking is Marc Morano, executive editor and chief correspondent for the award-winning ClimateDepot.com and also a frequent guest on radio and TV.
Special guests include Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh from Romania, senior writer for Canada Free Press, author and commentator; also a property rights expert as well as Bishop E.W. Jackson, founder of S.T.A.N.D. (Stay True to America's National Destiny) numerous elected officials, candidates for Congress and school administrators.
The Lighthouse Worship Center is located at 4299 George Washington Memorial Hwy. Hayes, VA in the Gloucester area.
For further information contact:
By Tom Holmes
Special to VNS
It was a cold winter’s night 150 years ago in Charleston, SC, harbor when naval history and combat was changed forever. On the evening of 17 February 1864, the Confederate States of America submarine H.L. HUNLEYbecame the first submarine to sink an enemy ship in combat.
The submarine, captained by LT George Dixon, rammed its 135-pound torpedo into the side of USS HOUSATONIC, one of the Union ships engaged in the blockade of the harbor, and ignited the torpedo sending the Yankee ship to the bottom within three minutes.
HUNLEY later surfaced long enough to send a signal to Confederate forces ashore, but never returned to base.
The mystery of HUNLEY’s fate challenged historians, treasure seekers, and naval enthusiasts for years.
Then, in 1995, HUNLEY was found well preserved and intact by author and adventurer, Clive Cussler. Cussler’s team worked five years to develop a procedure to raise the submarine, while keeping it intact. With great pomp and reverence, the submarine was brought to the surface on 8 August 2000. That warm late summer’s evening, HUNLEY’s brave crew made its final return to homeport, mission complete. Click READ MORE below:
Virginia Is now a BLUE state: it has been bought and is controlled by the Democraps. Want proof?
The Republican party is as fragmented as though it had stepped on land mine and blown into a million pieces.
The Tea Party is so confused it doesn’t know where its going and struggling with leadership problems. People jumping from one city’s organization to another.
And the Libertarian Party? Although it has fielded candidates for U.S. Senate and governor, it hasn’t officially existed since 2009, along with the Libertarian Party of Tidewater and all affiliates across the state, when the state charters expired.
David Lindsey, president of the Unalienable Rights Foundation, whose investigation discovered the LPVa had lost its charter has reported the case to legal authorities and judges in Richmond. He said an investigation is currently underway.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Let's just speculate how the Obama administration's war time chain-of-command will respond to this incursion off the US coast by Iranian warships:
Step One: At one thousand miles off our coast, Valerie Jarrett will gather a focus group to consider terms to describe the threat which is aimed at our country. The terms must be compatible with Obama's incoherent foreign policy statements and progressive ideals. Ideally, the descriptive, strategic terms should align with past administration strategies that dealt with international crises.
Step Two: At 500 miles off the US coast, Valerie sends National Insecurity Advisor Susan Rice out to make a statement to the MSM that the Iranians have taken umbrage at a Youtube video featuring an Iranian beauty pageant. Many infidels are struck by the fact that all the contestants are wearing black hijabs and challenging the judges' powers of observation. Nonetheless, Rice indicates to the sycophantic press that the producer of the video is being pursued by the FBI's Illicit Muslim Videos Division and an arrest is eminent.
by Larry Henry
Special columnist for VNS
100 $$$ billion in new taxes, 160 million hours deciphering new regulations, fear toward hiring new employees, millions losing their plans, yet Barack Obama and his Democrats continue to shove Obama Care down our throats.
Agenda 21 was unveiled by the United Nations at Stockholm in 1972. The White House via HUD is now spreading this communist doctrine across America. Blount County just swallowed the bait. Another name for Agenda 21 is Global Development. It’s about global warming and greenhouse gasses, and control.
It would be interesting to query the State Board of Elections (SBOE) regarding the validity of post-2009 elections in light of the revelations regarding the Libertarian Party of Virginia's status.
- Who at the SBOE missed the revocation of the LPV's charter?
- If someone at the SBOE was aware of the charter revocation, why then was the LP allowed to field candidates post-2009? (See Above Story)
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Please explain the policy change cited in this article and being repeated today on at least one TV station.
We're fielding armies and clandestine forces half way across the world supposedly to fight threats to our life and liberty; but, now it seems as if the Obama administration wants to cut the terrorists some slack! I know that Obama said in July 2008 that he wanted a new Civilian National Security Force; but, who would have thunk that Obama would be recruiting his new force direct from the ranks of imported terrorists?
I can just imagine the questions on the new, modified asylum-seeking form:
by Larry Henry
[Larry, who lives in the shadow of the University of Tennessee, is author of Garden of Eden, Noah’s Ark, and Plato’s Cave - available from Amazon, among other sources.]
Suzie - a Short Story
The dog lay in hiding beneath a great swath of honeysuckle watching the man as he approached slowly across the open field. It was cold, below freezing, with ribbons of fog scudding across the frost covered ground from the river some thirty yards behind the animal. A crisp breeze ruffled the stubble weeds causing them to sway back and forth against a dull gray sky. The dog shivered from the cold watching the man as he comes closer, turning his head from side to side.
The man human was tall, larger than most humans the dog had encountered before. He had hair below the ears, thick and white like snow. He walked in a crouch like humans do when they wish to hide their footsteps. Most troubling for the dog are the man’s eyes.
The face is old and scarred with the passage of the seasons but the eyes, clear and pale blue, are the eyes of a hunter. Sharp eyes like the coyote. The dog had seen those eyes once before when the man raised a long stick and made fire appear, thunder too which broke her left shoulder. The bullet went in and out. Stunned and bleeding, she ran then for all she was worth in spite of the searing pain and terror into the thick briars and field scrub where the man could not follow her. Click More
- Blogging for Patriotism - John P. Kuchta Jr.
- Negroes have defective memories: They were slave pawns of Democraps!
- A ship of mass destruction named for anti-gunner Gabby Giffords?
- Islam sympathing govt. officials setting U.S. up for major terror event; lying to Congress part of game
- General Assembly confused on SOLs for last 2 years, now considering 15 reform bills
- Change Congress not the Constitution
Quote OF THE DAY
"Liberals rely on bait-and-switch tactics because they fear the results of describing their agenda clearly and candidly to voters, who can’t handle the truth. Even an elementary truth, such as the proposition that improving health care will cost money rather than save money, must be denied over and over, lest don’t-tread-on-me rubes start asking awkward questions about how much improving health care is going to cost and where the money will come from. Once a policy such as Obamacare is enacted and implemented, making the switch means admitting the obvious, and then claiming it’s so obvious — “everyone always knew” it would cost money and disrupt existing health-care arrangements — that it doesn’t really qualify as a switch. The villains in this story are not the liberals who spoke incontestable untruths when political circumstances called for telling people what they wanted to hear. The villains are conservatives who complain about the deceits by commission and omission."
~ William Voegeli, Senior Editor, Claremont Review of Books
- Missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft: What’s known so far.
- Afghanistan's vice president, anti-Taliban fighter, dies
- Stage collapses at Anaheim high school, injuring 30-40
- Former Marxist guerrilla favored in El Salvador's presidential runoff
- Yogi Berra's wife dies
- Will Iran's 'end to extremism' take hold?
- Suicide car bombing, attack kill at least 42 in Iraq
- More than 70 arrested as UMass party spirals out of control
- Bacon Clubhouse headlines McDonald's premium menu
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Behind jet's passenger list is rich human tapestry
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Can GOP neutralize immigration as election issue?
- US general's accuser was ambitious soldier too
- Stigma hinders efforts to combat leprosy in India
- Suicide car bomb, attacks kill at least 42 in Iraq
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberating
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- Ukraine Will Need to Swallow Loss of Crimea
- Great Mutual Funds for Young Investors
- Delaying Your IRA Minimum Distribution
- Fabulous Freebies 2014
- Advice on Spending Less From Around the Web
- Signing Up for Commuter Benefits
- Why Chip Cards Are a Safer Alternative
- 6 Great Mutual Funds That Benefit From Small Portfolios
- More Jobs for New Grads in 2014
- Wanted: Bubble Detector
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections