Virginia Beach-based Unalienable Rights Foundation Tuesday morning served a notice of intent to file a Petition for a Writ of injunction on Teresa A. Sullivan, president of the University of Virginia for a requests to inspect ‘essential public records of the University Strategic Fund under the Freedom of Information Act to gain access to UVA records. Click here to read document
The filing states: “Except as otherwise specifically provided by law, all public records shall be open to inspection and copying by any citizens of the Commonwealth during the regular office hours of the custodian of such records. Access to such records shall not be denied to citizens of the Commonwealth, representatives of newspapers and magazines with circulation in the Commonwealth, and representatives of radio and television stations broadcasting in or into the Commonwealth.” [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
THE REAL THREAT TO CHILDREN
We are aware of the danger to women and young girls from the open-bathroom policy being pushed by the LGBT agenda. But a broader threat exists for children as a whole – now and in the future. As the new scientific report SEXUALITY & GENDER reveals:
1. "Only 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as a gender that does not correspond to their biological sex. CHILDREN ARE A SPECIAL CASE... only a minority who experience cross-gender identification will continue to do so into adolescence or adulthood."
2. "The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex – 'BORN THAT WAY' – is not supported by scientific evidence." [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
One well-heeled Virginia Beach wag once referred to the city council as the dumbest body of white folks in the city. Can’t say that now, a black person has been added.
At the 8th annual Thalia Civic League candidates forum Thursday night, everyone showed up but convicted misdemeant, Mayor Will Sessoms. He sent a surrogate, councilman Ben Davenport.
Mayoral candidate R. K. Kowalewitch came out the gate swinging, calling Sessoms a crook who the last two candidate forums has refused to appear. “He is the first member of City Council to be convicted of a crime,” Kowalewitch said. “He enriched himself as president of Towne Bank by voting 92 times to make $260 MILLION in his bank loans to friends, associates, and favored business interests who had projects before council.”[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Re: your story about Virginia Beach member Shannon Kane using the fire department employees as her own labor force to erect her campaign signs in violation of the law.
I don’t see what the problem is: She is only following the lead of Mayor ‘Conflict-of-Interest’ Will Sessoms in betraying her public trust.
Extrapolating it further (e.g. Hillary Clinton) ‘After all what difference does it make?’
But another problem is brought to light. Her Fire Dept. lackey, William Bailey, head of the fire fighters union, is drawing disability because he can’t work for the city, but can erect signs for her. Is that right? Should his disability payments be investigated?
by Michael Thompson - President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
Special to Virginia News Source
One of the issues that continues to confront our nation is what to do about those illegal residents living in our communities now and how to reform the entire immigration and naturalization system. A few ideas toward that end are outlined herein.
First, we have to secure our borders. Whatever Congress decides, it is clear that our borders need to be more secure. That's step one to bringing a solution to our immigration problem in this country.
Second is terminology. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
Councilwoman Shannon Kane broke the law in recruiting city fire department personnel to do her political dirty work in her run for re-election according to emails received under the Freedom of Information Act.
Kane is opposed by Robert Dean who said she should resign from office and drop out of the race for re-election. (See Dean’s News Conference Statement)
Dean Thursday released emails showing Kane got Virginia Beach firemen to erect her 4x8 - foot campaign signs in clear violation of Sec. 2-90 of the City Code.
Dean wrote Commonwealth’s Atty. Colin Stolle and City Atty. Mark Stiles about the criminal violation requesting investigation and action, which includes firing of employees who violate the code.[Click Read More below for rest of the story]
By Victoria (Vicky) Manning
Candidate for Virginia Beach School Board
Almost two years ago, I discovered radical changes to the grading practices in Va Beach secondary schools. Teachers were being told not to give zeros for work not turned in, not to deduct points for work turned in late and test retakes were being encouraged.
Homework also could not be a factor in the grade. When I first approached the school board about my concerns, they were not aware this was taking place and my concerns seemed to be dismissed. I continued pushing back against these practices that lowered standards, removed accountability, and created more work for our teachers.
After a year of forums, surveys, and committee meetings, the Superintendent’s office put forth more radical recommendations which included removing the percentage grading scale. I continued to press the Board and rallied the community to have their voice heard.
New guidelines were recently presented at a workshop on Aug 3. These recommendations do allow for homework completion to be a factor of the grade—up to 10%. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
IF … that coalition of blacks, Latinos, feminists, gays, government workers, union members, environmental extremists, a partisan media, Hollywood, uninformed young people, the “forever needy,” the chronically unemployed, illegal aliens, and other “bonehead losers” vote for Hillary Clinton … Norman Rockwell’s American portrait is kaput!
Our Constitution will be replaced by Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.” The DNC progressives and those RNC RINOS, along with George Soros and his communist pals, will be pulling the strings on their White House puppet. The curtain will go up on a New World Order. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
- Common Virus May Be Linked to Heart Disease, Diabetes in Some Women
- Bone Density Scan
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline
- Dutch Government Launches Birth Control Fund for Women in Developing Nations
- Birth Control Types
- Who should get a bone density test?
- Genes May Play Role in More Severe Form of PMS
- Mothers of Kids With Severe Birth Defects May Have Shorter Lives: Study
- Yeast Infection Quiz: Symptoms & Treatment
- Many Women With Chronic Ills Don't Use Online Tools
- Kim Jong-nam killed by nerve agent, Malaysian police say, putting spotlight on chemical weapons
- Trump wants a 'top of the pack' nuclear program: does that actually signal a shift?
- Trump team tries to calm US-Mexico relations. Why that's not easy.
- Sessions memo: Reversal on private prisons could portend shift on justice, observers say
- The Red Planet is red hot right now, but are we really ready to send...
- By migrants for migrants: the new faces of Italian media
- Victim in Kansas shooting hailed as a hero for 'standing up to hate'
- Clash of the titans: Google says Uber stole eyes for self-driving car
- Why expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit is popular on both sides
- J.C. Penney to close 140 stores – but still optimistic about brick and mortar
- AP Exclusive: DHS report disputes threat from banned nations
- Syrian who worked on nominated film can't attend Oscars
- White House bars major news outlets from informal briefing
- White House defends contacts with FBI over Russia reports
- Agency plans to award Mexico border wall contracts by April
- Trump blasts media, anonymous sources _ after WH uses them
- AP Analysis: Will China be North Korea's Trump card?
- Witnesses: Bar gunman shouted 'get out of my country'
- Bill Cosby won't face a barrage of accusers at his trial
- Brazil's Carnival begins with parades, parties but no mayor
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA