by Larry Henry
There are member of Congress, House and Senate, who have taken bribes from the Iran Lobby. They took these bribes then voted for Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran.
United States Senate:
- Edward Markey, Massachusetts
- Jeanne Shaheen, New Hampshire
- Kirsten Gillibrand. New York
- Barbara Boxer, California
House of Representatives:
- Al Franken, Minnesota
- Mike Honda, California
- Andre Carson, Indiana
- Gerry Connolly, Virginia
- Donna Edwards, Maryland
- Jackie Speier, California
In the spirit of Jonathan Swift, let me suggest a modest proposal.
ISIS can now be diagnosed as a cancer. Having had a recent experience with cancer (2013, in remission now), I know personally that you treat it with radiation, chemo, and surgery if you have to mop up the little remaining pieces.
The nuclear nations of the world (US, Russia, Britain, France, Israel, and India) have enough combined nuclear weapons to eradicate all of the areas where the cancer ISIS currently infects.
Yes, ISIS is precisely like a cancer.
To the Editor,
Citizens to Save our Constitution is comprised of private citizens who are dedicated to saving our United States Constitution from the threat of being misguidedly altered or even replaced.
Originally made up of citizens of Virginia, the group has grown to include others from across the country to California. Funding has come from the budgets of working people and retirees.
Many well-meaning people have been sold on petitioning Congress to call a constitutional convention – also called a con-con, Article V Convention, Convention of States (COS) and Amending Convention.
by Ira White - Portsmouth
In recent years society has devoted more focus on bullying in schools, but are missing the most prevalent bullies everywhere else. It's the few who constantly circle society itself with a chip on their shoulder, intimidating anyone and everyone, and attacking without provocation.
As always, the chips are a benign excuse for premeditated aggression to beat down the population and elevate the bully to self-imposed prominence and power:
"We dare you to knock it off. Go ahead – Say 'anchor baby' one more time, let your school band try playing 'How Great Thou Art', use homophobic 'mother and father' as a legal family term, pray someplace where we can see you, denounce gender-neutral bathrooms in schools, dare to call someone a 'Muslim terrorist' or 'illegal alien', tell me again that your 'religious conscience' doesn't allow you to participate in a same-sex event, or whine that you don't want unborn babies suffering pain and mutilation."
"Yes, we'll come up with more. Watch your back. Democracy, liberty, life, and free speech don't rule here. WE DO, and we'll strike you down with media, lawsuits, and court rulings."
We seem to forget that bullies are only as strong as their victims allow them to be. Even a pompous judge or president has no bully pulpit when a majority confronts them, whether its the face of popular outcry or the pressured backlash from elected representatives.
In their absence, minority activists and attorneys are ruling society and the legal system. "Political correctness" is only a euphemism. NATIONAL NIHILISM – "noun: the rejection of all religious and moral principles" – is a more accurate term.
Our popular outcry better rule the next election, or the cowering will be complete.
Then we lose constitutional command of moral democracy and relinquish it to bully autocracy.
With that ultimate endorsement, they'll be hunting us all down on our streets and playgrounds.
Watch your back.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
What would Adolf Hitler have done with atomic energy? Right, he would have used it for peaceful purposes making Nazi Germany a better place to live. Obama tells us Iran is like that. Israel and America have nothing to fear.
Why is America in such racial turmoil? To understand this you have to understand how communism works. For communism to succeed three basic components are required: take away religion, divide the people, destroy the middle class. Gun confiscation comes later. Then the people are at the mercy of a communist regime.
Congress is totally corrupt. President Obama is dedicated to the destruction of capitalism. Capitalism built America, but who’s counting when the Democrats and the Republicans are selling us all down the river for personal gain?
This morning I was sent an article by a well-meaning patriot, telling me that "200 retired generals and admirals oppose the Iran deal." What followed was an article on how said admirals and generals were sending a strongly worded letter to Congress telling them how bad the Iran deal really is.
OK, so my reaction? Hmmm... Gee that's just wonderful!
I was reminded of something Mark Steyn said as he was hosting the Rush Limbaugh show the other day, about RINO senators and congressmen standing there with a scowl and announcing they've opposed abortion for 30, 40, 50 years or more. But guess what, we still have Roe v. Wade and taxpayer financed abortions.
It's not enough to stand hands on hips DECLARING your opposition to something, YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. Bring about legislation, make a meaningful stand against the president, fight him for God's sake!
Opposing the Iran deal sounds all cushy nice and mealy mouthed pap for the somnolent class, but I'll believe them when I actually see some action taken... you know, like a military coup, or some arrests being manifested for these traitors, Obama, Kerry, and the rest of them.
Until then, I can't be bothered by people who simply "oppose" this or that, or send around incessant petitions and ask me to "call my representative"...or something.
Truth is, I HAVE NO REPRESENTATIVE anymore. None of us do, they're all useless, self-serving, and corrupt. There is only one thing now that can save the republic from the girly men that are in charge, and that's to TAKE AWAY their offices and replace them immediately with real men, real patriots, and sane people.
That applies to the Supreme Court as well, the entire system of checks and balances is broken except in this manner: They write the checks and we the people pay the balances.
So do I care that 200 generals and admirals (retired by the way) oppose the Iran deal? Well...it's a start, and what a lovely one it is too, my oh my, makes my heart just go pitty-pat.
But really, call me when the real fight begins, that's when I will get involved.
Bill in Tennessee
Editor: I have addressed the following letter to the Trump Campaign:
"Trump is on my short list of candidates, and I've been pleased with the issues he has addressed. But Friday night, he slammed Jeb Bush for wanting to "Defund Women's Health" – the official diversionary war cry of Planned Parenthood.
The whole nation knows the only defunding efforts are aimed at PP for its video admissions of illegal abortion procedures and fetal harvesting.
To suggest this is targeting "women's health" when there are 9,000 govt-subsidized clinics offering complete health services for women and children (which PP does not) suggests he is in support of this corrupt and brutal organization, and would continue funding this corruption with half a billion a year or more of tax dollars that should go to those reputable full-service clinics.
Despite the stunning revelations of technologies and recent events, I heard a liberal again yesterday trying to corner a presidential candidate about "choice". It stuns me. People have made those kinds of choices through history – to think of a person, a distinct individual, as less than a human being, or as private property with no rights who can suffer horrible treatment.
We dealt with it here in the 1860s, again in Europe in the 1940s. An effect of that choice in Germany was to use the victims in medical research. How do people not recognize a repeat of shockingly bad choices? But once again, in a short time, maybe 5 years or 10 years, all will look back and say "How could it happen again in civilized society?"
Because people turn a blind eye. They speak in society and courts using euphemisms like choice, reproductive health, and "part of a woman's body" as a semantic mask. And it takes the shock of something like using human specimens for research to wake them up to the horror. And yet some still sleep, with hearts slowed to a cold beat, and ask as if in some dream state, "Where do you stand on "choice"?
I would ask, "No, where do you stand on it?"
Ira White - Portsmouth
- How to Do Breast Self-Exams
- risedronate, Actonel, Atelvia
- Sex May Boost Female Immune System to Aid Fertility
- Hormone Replacement May Protect Women's Kidneys, Study Suggests
- Bone Density Scan: Who Should Get One
- Uterine Growths
- Video Games May Make Women Pile Up More Than Points
- Computer-Aided Mammograms May Not Be Worth the Cost: Study
- MRIs Before Breast Cancer Surgery on the Rise: Study
- Antidepressants Top Treatment Choice for Severe PMS: Researchers
- UN official criticizes lack of women at peace tables
- How Google's neural network will improve YouTube
- California's sweeping new social policies could set trend
- Cleveland case shows how body cameras can help police (+video)
- Disturbing 'drunk' driving live video prompts surprising response (+video)
- Could office buildings that store power help fight climate change?
- Twenty-two websites that will pay you to write for them
- Jennifer Lawrence gives up on finding an 'adorable' way to fight wage gap (+video)
- Why Joe Biden is smart to sit out first Democratic debate (+video)
- Spectacular Hubble photo: A bright galaxy holds a hidden secret
- Clinton, Sanders clash on guns, economy, foreign policy
- The Latest: Clinton, Sanders split on Patriot Act
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- AP FACT CHECK: Clinton, Sanders revise history in Dem debate
- Israeli leader vows 'aggressive steps' to halt fighting
- Palestinians assailants often leave behind ordinary lives
- Former NBA star Odom found unconscious at Nevada brothel
- Donald Trump to host 'Saturday Night Live' in November
- Less skin: Playboy to stop running pictures of nude women
- Cubs win NL Division Series, beat Cardinals 6-4 in Game 4
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- How to Avoid the Big Hike in Medicare Premiums in 2016
- 4 Stocks to Buy Ahead of the Fed Rate Hike
- Best Fidelity Funds for Your 401(k)
- 3 Battered Biotech Stocks to Buy Now
- Best Things to Buy on Jet.com
- Protect Your Bonds in Today's Low-Yield Environment
- 4 Investing Rules to Live By
- How to Be a Better Investor in Today's Market
- 4 Stock-Picking Techniques for a Nasty Market
- 7 Things You Need to Know About Shopping Site Jet.com