Are Republicans shooting themselves in the foot by being such a closed party?
And are the Democrats ‘buying’ ’pseudo’ Libertarians to be spoiler candidates, not just in VA but in other states, where races between Republicans and Democrats are close?
Seems there is evidence Republicans are playing right into the ‘underhands’ of Democrats.
As ‘Howlin’ Henry Howell used to say, “There’s more going around in the dark than Santa Claus, and hanky-panky is its name!”
Now days it is ‘can’t win’ political candidates jumping into races as Libertarians, siphoning off the enough marginal votes of low information voters, to help underdog Democrats win.
Our U.S. Constitution defines what the federal government is authorized to do, including maintain a navy which is needed to protect the landlocked states. But, a federal standing army was not authorized. Why? Because each state had its own militia.
The Second Amendment states “A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
“Free state” refers to the sovereignty of individual states. Not only was the citizen militia to protect the states against a foreign power, but against any federal forces as well. Well armed citizens performed exercises keeping ready at a moment’s notice.
A 33 YO Beach dirtbag has been charged with felony animal cruelty after animal control discovered a little 5-month old puppy, so badly abused and injured, it had to be euthanized after examination by a vet. The man was identified as John James Schultz III, 33, of the 3600 block of Sea Gull Road.
Animal control said two additional adult canines were removed from the home during the investigation and are being cared for at the Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center.
The case remains under investigation.
If you are still unconvinced that Obama is a Sunni Muslim, how else do you explain him urging that Israel show restraint in the wake of the slaughter of three teens, one a US citizen? I have a better idea, oh, great Kenyan-in-Chief. How about you quit supplying Muslim Jihadists with cash and weapons in Syria? Yeah, that might have a settling effect on the Middle East; but, that's not your intention, is it Obama?
Obama calls for Israel to show restraint? Netanyahu should begin a systematic bulldozing of Palestinian settlements into the sea. Plant a few date and olive trees and call it good.
What to do with the Palestinians? Let the Saudis take them in. You reckon that would happen? Click here for link:
John P. Kuchta Jr. - Virginia Beach
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
In 1975 I was a hard drinking, woman-chasing, home builder living the good life in Atlanta, Georgia.
Then Uncle Sam “lost” the Vietnam War. Having served in the Marine Corps I suspected something was screwy so I began to read and study the conflict.
I believed in many things when I was a naive 37 year old youngster. I believed in Democrats and Republicans, I believed in Lady Liberty, and I believed in Washington, DC. I was deaf, dumb and blind about politics.
The more I studied Vietnam the more it led me back to Washington and the LBJ White House. And the more I studied Capitol Hill, the more I came to dislike politicians.
Nixon was indicted, Carter came along then Ronald Reagan became our president. I believed in Ronald Reagan, I still do.
Just a quick note to compliment your cartoonist, Mr. Marks. He is outstandingly spot on when it comes to targeting national issues. Don’t know where he’s from, but it would be great if he turn some of his biting humor on local Tidewater, Virginia topics and issues.
But guess we can’t have everything. Please pass on my compliments.
Frank Jackson - Virginia Beach
NOT NO, but HELL NO!
$500 million of your grandchildrens’ debt to “moderate” Syrian Islamists? How much of that will boomerang into Democratic Party coffers? I don’t know, what’s the standard Chicago kickback percentage? 20-25% ?I wonder how our fine Virginia US Congressional delegation will vote on the latest idiocy from Obama?
In particular, how will Virginia’s Second Congressional District Congressman Scott Rigell vote? Will a “Yes” vote get Rigell another ride on Air Force One?
The Islamists are all just animals with RPG’s. Period.
Will Eric Holder consider my last statement to be a “Hate Crime?”
Gee, I hope so. I’d love to take the stand in my defense in front of a Federal judge for about four hours enumerating the acts of treason against this country by Holder and Obama. Make that five hours.
Click here for rest of Kuchta's rant: http://www.virginianewssource.com/jpk/
Quote OF THE DAY
If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hi-jab is only subject to having her neck and head searched because of her religion ..... Then you might live in a country run by idiots
~Junius P. Long
- Female Triathletes May Face Health Problems Such as Incontinence
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Weight Loss Surgery May Help Ease Urinary Incontinence
- Yeast Infection
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Vaginal Pain
- Sexy Facebook Photos Not a Hit With Many Young Women
- Childhood Sex Abuse May Be Linked to Heart Disease Risk in Women
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Fibrocystic Breast Condition
- US is no safer after 13 years of war, a top Pentagon official says
- Delta Aquarid meteor shower: How to watch it online
- Hamas attacks by tunnel rattle Israelis on Gaza border
- Climate-smart farmers break new ground
- Ukraine crisis: How far will Obama go to get Russia to back down?
- Taiwan's nuclear power plants are magnets for protesters – and snorkelers
- Tara Reid says a sharknado could really happen. Is she right?
- No, the presidency has NOT become more difficult
- 'Outlander' trailer gives more of a peek into the upcoming TV show
- NSA surveillance, government secrecy undercut press freedoms, report says
- Israeli PM warns of prolonged campaign in Gaza war
- Hamas, Israel trade blame for deaths of 9 children
- Fighting in Ukraine prompts residents to flee
- In Iraq's Mosul, radicals unleash their vision
- Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers
- New fears about Ebola spread after plane scare
- Suspect dead, 2 marshals and cop wounded in NYC
- Medicare's own health looking better, report says
- Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B
- Obama gets emotional over Malia going to college
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Recall, Case Count & Investigation Update: Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to...
- July 1, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 27, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- June 20, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Frozen...
- June 12, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- June 11, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 5, 2014 (Investigation Notice) Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Exposure to Clinical and...
- June 3, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Newport Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted...
- Matrix Advisors Value Fund on the Mend
- How Parents Can Teach Kids About Money
- How Financial Literacy Can Be Taught in Schools
- How to Save Money Using Twitter
- The Conversion of Bill Gross
- 5 Great Cities for a Cheap Vacation
- 3 Types of Insurance to Protect Your College Student
- Reimbursing Yourself From a Flexible Spending Account
- Be Wary of Advice to Do an IRA Rollover
- 7 Great Growth Stocks with Long-Term Potential
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections