by Catherine Crabill - VNS special columnist
In another epic fail of this administration, it was announced that women will now be given combat duty as well as included in the draft, should one be reinstituted.
Offering reassurances that women will have to pass the same stringent physical fitness tests as do the men, it was not mentioned that those ‘standards’ have been lowered to accommodate women. Click [Read More] below for rest of the story (This is funny)
Battle of Great Bridge Commemoration
By Tom Holmes
Re-Enactors fire salute @ Saturday's Commemoration of Great Bridge Battle
It was a time when the Britain’s American colonies took a defiant stand against what was considered an overbearing government in London.
It also was a time of uncertainty. The concept of an independent nation had not been conceived, yet shots had been exchanged in New England between colonists and British troops.
Here in Virginia, colonial governor John Murray, Lord Dunmore, actively led an effort to assert British dominance over the colony and to deter any further defiance of the Crown. He knew that control of the Chesapeake, southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina would deny General Washington the men and supplies badly needed to support further military operations in New England. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
For decades those who would expand government have been chipping away at our Constitution in each of the three branches of government. The legislature by way of laws, presidents by way of executive orders and the Supreme Court by way of their rulings.
Our Constitution is our rulebook. It defines what the federal government is allowed to do and more importantly, what it cannot do. Our public servants (the people we vote into office and those that are appointed) take an oath to uphold the Constitution when they take on their job. [Click Read More Below for rest of the story]
By Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
The Manchurian Candidate was a 1962 Cold War movie featuring Frank Sinatra, Janet Leigh, Lawrence Harvey, and Angela Lansbury. A squad of Army soldiers were captured in Korea and taken to Manchuria for brainwashing. That accomplished, they were released back into the American lines. Back in the States their mission was to install a communist sympathizer in the oval office.
In 2008 we elected a real Manchurian Candidate. In 2012 we reelected that same community organizer to our oval office. Why? The answer is found in Rules for Radicals. Barack Obama was trained in the Saul Alinsky method for overthrowing a government, picked by George Soros for political office, and embraced by the ill-informed and people who hate America.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
But, they're still not at home plate, far from it.
When will our city leaders accept that there is a new set of the "The Facts of Life?"
Unlike the Israelis who all perform mandatory military service, only 1% of our general population is exposed to military service.
What does that mean in today's reality of ISIS targeting our military personnel and their dependents here at home? It means that you can't put M-16's in the hands of school teachers and expect them to deal with an active shooter threatening their class.
Our politicians must extract their craniums from their posteriors and recognize that we MUST PLACE COMBAT EXPERIENCED, HEAVILY ARMEDGUARDS IN OUR SCHOOLS. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the column]
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Ever wonder shy God and Christianity are so distasteful to progressives?
God: Following the teachings of Jesus Christ has been a mainstay for most Americans ever since 1776. Judaism is another part of our wonderful culture. Islam is not! But Barack Hussein Obama has been shoving Shira law and Islam down our throat for seven miserable years.
Liberals worship the golden calf of government.
by Catherine Crabill - Special to VNS
It is not unusual for me to wake nearly every night at around 3:00 a.m. It is not unusual for me to lay awake for hours pondering all that is happening in the world from an ongoing study of the geopolitical in light of the spiritual.
What was unusual, the night before Thanksgiving, was what I can only describe as a download of the urgency and immediacy of the terror that lay in store for us.
I saw all of these pieces come together, the smuggling of tens, if not, hundreds of thousands of islamic terrorists into our country, the billions of rounds of hollow point bullets and firearms given to EVERY branch of our government. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
I'M PREJUDICED. There I said it, but I am not unique since everyone is. No, I'm not talking racism. If I was racist for an aversion to urban black gangstas or the divisiveness of Obama, why would I have black friends and Ben Carson on my presidential list?
A closer look reveals that most prejudice is first about culture. It is an integral part of human nature. Why? Because it allows us the security of innate family and cultural ties. In fact, most prejudice is harmless preference and simply provides comfort zones in social interaction. The family itself is the most important aspect of this. It provides the greatest security, intimacy, and shared support to survive and thrive through life and its challenges. That's why we favor our families and that, I believe, was God's utmost intention. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of story]
- Does Federal Law Trump State Law?
- Why Americans Need to Support Local Police and Keep Them Independent
- As France Mourns
- Obama Offers to use his purse to fight against Parisian attackers
- Criminal buzzards finally circling Mayor Will Sessoms over Conflict of Interest
- VNS’ endorsements in Tuesday’s election
- Is Fat From Another Area of Body Safe for Breast Reconstruction?
- Birth Control Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- tranexamic acid (Lysteda)
- Having More Kids May Slow Mom's Aging, Study Says
- Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says
- Some Women Face Geographic Barriers to Breast Reconstruction
- Suppository Eases Vaginal Dryness in Small Study
- Pap Smear
- FDA Tightens Rules for Using Mesh Implants in Women's Surgery
- clindamycin vaginal suppository (Cleocin)
- Ohio restaurant diners help police find machete-wielding attacker
- Should the US help South Korea establish a missile defense system?
- 'Deadpool' is less irreverent than self-congratulatory
- KaBOOM! moves beyond the playground
- It's President's Day weekend. Do you know what the candidates' tax proposals are?
- Happy Abraham Lincoln's Birthday! Now get back to work.
- Retail sales rise 0.2 percent in January as wages improve
- Oregon occupation is over, but issues raised are still unresolved
- Why AT&T and Verizon's 5G could improve cars as much as it will phones
- Scientists: Maybe smiles really are contagious
- Presidential contenders fight for minority voters in SC
- AP FACT CHECK: Dems offer iffy stats on donors, health plan
- Diplomats aim for temporary Syria truce in a week
- APNewsBreak: EU is poised to restrict passport-free travel
- Migrants attacked around Calais, tinderbox of tensions
- How impoverished but nuclear-armed North Korea earns money
- Court: Facebook's nudity policy can face trial in France
- Flint crisis may help governor ease GOP doubt on Detroit aid
- Top Republicans stay quiet on release of their tax returns
- Kanye's lyrics about Taylor Swift ignite new controversy
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Money Habits You Don't Want Your Valentine to Have
- Things You Didn't Know About Discount Grocer Aldi
- Apple's Stock Is Becoming Too Cheap to Ignore
- Energy Stocks to Buy While Oil Prices Are Cheap
- Best FANG Stocks to Buy During the Market Selloff
- I See a Major Stock Market Decline Ahead
- How to Invest for the Coming Bear Market
- 7 Stock Picks to Beat the Market in 2016
- Claim Your Tax Refund ASAP to Thwart ID Thieves
- How to Stay On the Sunny Side in a Cloudy Market