By Robert K. Dean
Special to VNS
And these are the numbers that we should never forget:
World War I - United States forces mobilized: 4,355,000 Battle deaths 50,585
Total allies mobilized: 42,188,810
Total allies battle deaths: 4,888,891
Total force mobilized: 65,038,810
Total battle deaths: 8,020,780
World War II - United States battle deaths: 292,000
Total allies battle deaths: 10,502,000
United States civilian deaths: 6,000
Total allies civilian deaths: 16,471,000
In addition, about 6,000,000 Jews were put to death by the nazis (Click Read More below for rest of story)
The Tidewater Libertarian Party in a policy paper has taken Gov. Terry “McGrafty” McAuliffe to task for his blanket restoration of felon rights.
In general, the TLP strongly supports restoration of rights after convicted felonies have repaid their debt to society. The TLP’s issue is that McAuliffe didn’t restore the rights consistent with the Virginia Constitution. Read this TLP’s full release here:
Just as the nation doesn't know how to fight a terrorist enemy that claims no national identity to declare war against, Americans don't know how to fight the domestic social and sexual wars against fanatical ideologies that claim no religious identity to target as they do Christianity.
Our greatest hinderance is thinking we have to fight against an official title – nation or religion – instead of the evil itself. In both cases, the government and judiciary, confused and paralyzed, allows the brutal enemy to advance unabated.
In the midst of the devastation, we totally miss the fact that they all indeed declare an imposing identity that they proudly wave in defiance. This is the way we recognize a devout and unified force in the modern world.
Ira White - Portsmouth
The Department of Defense has blocked 4th District Rep. Randy Forbes from using the carrier, Eisenhower, for a public political rally under the phony guise of an Armed Services committee hearing.
Forbes hearing was scheduled for Monday, but DoD objected to using the carrier as a site and backdrop for his personal political rally.
It was a decision that Forbes should have known to be illegal use of government assets for personal political purposes.
DoD told him he could conduct a ‘private, closed’ hearing aboard the carrier, but not the publicly one he’d planned. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White
Special to VNS
Radical activism – whether sexual or social – uses people, politicians, and judges as pawns to unravel society even if it destroys everybody in the process.
The data is in on one such issue...
In 1990, homicides were at historic levels. In 2014 they had dropped as much as 85% in some major cities. The tide turned in 1994 when the NYPD embraced the concept that police can prevent crime rather than just react to it. As a result, they analyzed data, looked for patterns, and devoted resources where most needed to protect people and property.
The successful strategies spread across the country with the greatest beneficiaries being the minority communities. Based on 1990 rates, 10,000 more minority males would be dead today in NYC alone if those proactive procedures had not been implemented.
Then in 2014, BLACK LIVES MATTER activism happened. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Catherine Crabill - Special Columnist - VNS
Now sits ‘Caligula’ of America, crazed with unchecked power indulged him by either the seduced or blackmailed on the Left and Right.
Such lunacy was earlier masked by cleverly drafted propaganda and the mitigation of collective outrage by the likes of Zuckerberg of Facebook fame, caught suppressing/censoring opposition to dishearten the resistance.
In Obama’s most recent ‘unmasking’, he has decreed that all modesty, privacy, and sanity, be most visibly and brutally raped by forcing men and woman, boys and girls to share bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms in every public school or lose federal funds.
So vehement is he in this assault on sanity that he has involved the Justice Department to insure its compliance. [Click Read More below for rest of the story]
by Ira White - Columnist -
Special to VNS
religion (riˈlijən) noun• the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power
• details of belief as taught or discussed
• a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance
There's a new religion on a crusade to convert the country, but it is flying under most peoples' radar. We are also learning that supreme beings are not a requirement for religion, though ideology, principles, and lifestyles are. One can conveniently choose to excommunicate gods from personal beliefs, but not the other three. They are an inalienable part of our existence and will be evident no matter what belief system is professed.[Click Read More below for rest of story]
The Obama era is about to end, and his presidency will make a long lasting impression on American politics. While he and his supporters expect the Affordable Care Act to be his legacy, history will most likely remember President Obama as an icon who reignited a multicultural war.
The disrespectful, sometimes insulting, resistance to Obama and the rise of Trump, some believe, can be attributed to the president’s race – the first black president. True perhaps, but it is not insightful.
To see beyond the veil of the obvious – Obama’s race – we need to first look at the history of the American immigration experience.
The real story of American immigration is not what they teach in high school civics or U.S. History 101. Rather than being the great melting pot the true story is more like a cauldron of boiling oil and water.[Click Read More Below for rest of the column]
- Where's leadership in Virgina Beach - not with council
- Councilman Davenport turns into 'lil bully Ben' with citizens
- No medical mainstream 'voodoo' for this doctor
- Town Center not paying off debt to taxpayers
- What is in store for us? The fraud of global warming
- City taxpayers shelling out big bucks for phony oyster shell program
- Later Start, Finish to Menstruation May Extend Women's Lives
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Menopause: Not All Hot Flashes Are Created Equal
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- Bone Density Scan
- Hormone Therapy Won't Help Memory After Menopause
- Monthly Vaginal Ring May Help Protect Against HIV
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- 1st HPV Test for Use With Preservative Fluid
- Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
- From Melania to Hillary, political tradition of cribbing quotes is thriving
- Get ready: midnight Muggle parties for ‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’
- New Sandy Hook school balances beauty and safety
- What's behind Indonesia's executions of drug traffickers?
- Officer says prosecutors silenced him about Sandra Bland case
- C is for Change: 'Sesame Street' drops veteran cast members
- Can drones speak whale? No, but they can come close
- Judges strike down North Carolina voter ID law, citing discrimination
- Apple shifts focus of Project Titan to autonomous car technology
- How beneficial are 'one-to-one' laptop programs in schools?
- Clinton campaign: Computer service used by campaign hacked
- Clinton roars against Trump as a hacking distraction arises
- Donald Trump speech beats Hillary Clinton in TV viewership
- Courts strike blows to GOP voter restrictions in 3 states
- Turkey's Erdogan slams US reaction to failed coup
- Pope visits Auschwitz, begs God to forgive "so much cruelty"
- 'Zika is now here': Mosquitoes now spreading virus in US
- 2 San Diego police officers shot, 1 fatally, during stop
- New Sandy Hook school opens nearly 4 years after massacre
- US economy expected to pick up after weak growth in spring
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 9 Dividend Stocks to Buy With Both Fists
- Hillary Clinton's Investments: Just Plain Boring
- Housing Market Keeps Its Momentum
- What Happens to Your 401(k) When You Die - Like It or Not
- Price Drops at the Gas Pump to Continue
- 7 Things Every Retirement Investor Should Own
- What to Do When You Suspect a Scam
- Beware the Hidden Costs of Mutual Funds
- 3 Ways to Teach Children About Money
- Worst Websites for Online Reviews