Dear Editor –
Recently we’ve seen a flurry of articles and initiatives, spawned by the White House, to re-focus on climate change. Whether this is a move to distract from the Obamacare morass, or simply to appease environmentalists, it is pure politics.
Far from the science “being settled”, there is a swelling “consensus” that, yes, over the long haul the climate is warming, but it is the sun, not man that is driving it. The earth has been slowly warming, with ups and downs, since the last ice age. There has been no measurable warming for the last 17 years.
For five years, Obama has been playing a dangerous game of "chicken" with Congress and the American people – forcing us off the road of a constitutional republic. Seeing how easily we flinch despite his limited authority, the president has driven socialist policies and authoritarian decrees to the point where even a liberal constitutional scholar and professor warns that the legislative balance of power will veer and crash within the next two years.
Obama's head-on recklessness against defense, liberty, law, and transparency has caused America to yield every time.
It emboldened his lethal rejection of security in Benghazi, firing generals and eroding foreign policy, using the IRS and DOJ to suppress conservative action and information, declaring executive orders to alter major legislation, and lying about the actual intent and effects of the healthcare law. Click below to read more
By Larry Henry
Amour makes the world go round. Often times it sneaks up on us unexpectedly and sometimes scares us silly, but usually we welcome the stuff without too much reservation and thrashing about. Then our feet grow wings, our hearts become as young eagles, while our heads float up in the clouds with nary a thought for passing aircraft. We behave like fools but nobody cares because they understand. They’ve been there before or want to be or maybe they are now. It’s a time of youth no matter one’s chronological age, and every hour apart seems like Chinese water torture. A kiss ignites the senses, we embrace, we laugh, we cry, we fear the worst, but it’s going to be just fine, we hope, we pray … oh please Lord, make it last. Sometimes it lasts a lifetime. Sometimes our hearts are broken in a million pieces. In spite of all this and heaven too, love endures all. Love and patriotism were the essence of the fabulous 1950’s.
1950 through 1959 were the 20th Century’s finest hour. They arrived right on schedule. Elvis sang Heartbreak Hotel, we fell like a ton of bricks, then Little Richard inspired us all to join hands and do the jitterbug. Teenagers frolicked around the dance floor like Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Bill Haley and The Comets kicked off this rock and roll extravaganza with Rock Around The Clock. Then Johnny Mathis made us all weak in the knees with his haunting love ballads. Buddy Holly sang like nothing we’d heard before or since. And James Brown was the soulful icing on our Sweet Sixteen birthday cake. The music was pure magic. The 1950’s were so perfect and adorable we loved them without reservation, knowing in our hearts this would last forever. Click Below to read more
Letter to Editor:
To illuminate and explain the problem a public seminar on the destruction of individual Property Rights, the Causes and potential Solutions will be held Saturday, March 8, 2:00PM at the Lighthouse Worship Center on Rt. 17 in Hayes. Click READ MORE below:
The Concerned Citizens of the Middle Peninsula, along with numerous other organizations, will hold a statewide event March 8 at 2 p.m. in the Lighthouse Worship Center . addressing, “Is Environmental Extremism Destroying Individual Property Rights?”
The featured speaker is internationally known property rights expert, Tom DeWeese, President of The American Policy Center and publisher of The DeWeese Report. Tom is well known for numerous appearances on national TV and radio news programs.
Also speaking is Marc Morano, executive editor and chief correspondent for the award-winning ClimateDepot.com and also a frequent guest on radio and TV.
Special guests include Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh from Romania, senior writer for Canada Free Press, author and commentator; also a property rights expert as well as Bishop E.W. Jackson, founder of S.T.A.N.D. (Stay True to America's National Destiny) numerous elected officials, candidates for Congress and school administrators.
The Lighthouse Worship Center is located at 4299 George Washington Memorial Hwy. Hayes, VA in the Gloucester area.
For further information contact:
Why has no one noticed the obvious?
Anyone insisting a business cater to their personal demands when it is against the scriptural religious convictions of those business owners is guilty of religious discrimination.
Neither Jews, Muslims nor Christians can be publicly forced to participate in an activity opposed by their faith and morality. This is legal conscientious objection.
The 1st Amendment specifies freedom of religious exercise. That is not nullified by homosexual exercise as current cases prefer you believe, and justifies suing anyone who discriminates against your constitutional freedom.
They can freely go elsewhere – your rights can't and are not required to.
Ira White - Portsmouth VA
Over the past 200 years and especially today, as Jefferson and Lincoln both warned, democracy is being destroyed by radical judicial decisions. In controversial cases from Dred Scott to Roe v Wade and the overturning of the Civil Rights Act of 1875, DOMA, and Proposition 8, crucial decisions affecting the whole people of states or nation have been made unilaterally by a single judge, or in a splintered vote by a group of justices.
Therein lies the "red flag": How does one person or a split court provide more concrete reasoning on issues than a majority of the people and their representatives?
There is one way to correct the dictatorial decisions of a few that decree a democracy null and void. The nation and states must pass an amendment declaring the following:
By Tom Holmes
Special to VNS
It was a cold winter’s night 150 years ago in Charleston, SC, harbor when naval history and combat was changed forever. On the evening of 17 February 1864, the Confederate States of America submarine H.L. HUNLEYbecame the first submarine to sink an enemy ship in combat.
The submarine, captained by LT George Dixon, rammed its 135-pound torpedo into the side of USS HOUSATONIC, one of the Union ships engaged in the blockade of the harbor, and ignited the torpedo sending the Yankee ship to the bottom within three minutes.
HUNLEY later surfaced long enough to send a signal to Confederate forces ashore, but never returned to base.
The mystery of HUNLEY’s fate challenged historians, treasure seekers, and naval enthusiasts for years.
Then, in 1995, HUNLEY was found well preserved and intact by author and adventurer, Clive Cussler. Cussler’s team worked five years to develop a procedure to raise the submarine, while keeping it intact. With great pomp and reverence, the submarine was brought to the surface on 8 August 2000. That warm late summer’s evening, HUNLEY’s brave crew made its final return to homeport, mission complete. Click READ MORE below:
- Virginia is now a blue state: Bought & Owned by Democraps
- If Libertarians lost their SCC charter, what's status of candidates?
- Obama's welcome mat if Iranian Navy attacks! Don't hurt 'em boys!
- Kuchta looking for a new prayer mat!
- Obama spreading Agenda 21 commie doctrine
- Saving Suzie - A love of man and dog
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- New Review Suggests Benefits of Annual Mammograms Are Overstated
- Breast Lumps (In Women)
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Menstrual Cramps
- Turner Syndrome
- Yeast Infection Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- College Women: Have a Healthy Spring Break
- Could the HPV Test Replace the Pap Test?
- Portland shootout: Portland officer wounded and police dog killed in shootout
- Privacy concerns? What Google now says it can do with your data.
- Obama, Biden pitch job training: Do reforms go far enough?
- Internet makes global economy vulnerable to Lehman-like crash, study says
- Marathon bombings: Special restrictions harming Tsarnaev defense, lawyers say
- Tiny carnivore evolved into humongous herbivores, say scientists
- Scientists might have figured out how to make solar power work at night
- Democrats 'whooping' Republicans in fundraising game – or are they? (+video)
- Should 'new GM' be liable for pre-bankruptcy ignition accidents? (+video)
- New York gun owners shrug off tough new rules: What happens now?
- Ukraine: 3 killed after Black Sea base attack
- Ukraine, US to alternately cajole, threaten Russia
- Fears rise for missing in SKorea ferry sinking
- Defend 'Obamacare' unabashedly, some Democrats say
- Boston Marathon organizers confident of safe race
- uFly fires flight instructor who appeared on CNN
- Curious about Palestine, Israeli visitors return
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling
- Jets sign former Titans RB Chris Johnson
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- April 9, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- New Fed Chief, New Unemployment Approach
- Insider Tips: Get the Best and Cheapest Seats on Your Next Flight
- Best Values in Used Cars, 2014
- Why Flash Sales Aren't Always Good Deals
- Sweet Deals on Used Cars
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 30s
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 20s
- Tax Day Freebies and Deals 2014
- 6 Stocks to Sell Now
- How to Save Money on Prom
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections