by Beth Allen
[Editor’s note: I’m attaching a quick, incomplete and rough analysis of the campaign contributions generated by the Sessoms/Townebank cartel. I've dropped all the VPAP numbers into my spreadsheets. There are lots of numbers here, and it may put you to sleep and you may think you already know all of this anyway. But, it is still pretty riveting to see it all before you. And this is not complete, just the tip of the iceberg…]
NOVEMBER 4 ELECTIONS INFLUENCED BY MONEY …
The 2014 campaign for election to City Council provides an opportunity to observe the influence that Mayor Sessoms and TowneBank have over the selection of candidates and the ultimate outcome of the elections. Fewer than 100 people are exerting considerable influence over the outcome of City Council elections in Virginia Beach. All data is sourced from: www.vpap.org.
Local Election Background
Seven out of 11 City Council seats are up for re-election: five district seats and two at-large seats. Incumbents in three of the seven seats are running unopposed: John Uhrin – Beach District; Louis Jones – Bayside District; Jim Wood – Lynnhaven District. They will win.
The four remaining seats, all defended by incumbents, are the Princess Anne District, the Rose Hall District, and two at-large seats. Barbara Henley, the incumbent for Princess Anne, faces a single opponent who has raised just $1,200 to Henley’s $28,296. Henley is popular in her district and will easily win.
Click here to Read rest of the financial bribery story:
We all have our weaknesses or vices, but we aren't privileged to justify them. They are not our birthright.
Though some are revealed impetuously, others result because we choose to act on them. Even Jesus' apostles made the distinction by reiterating those acts of choice: Matthew 15:19, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:10
The list is all conscious and consequential conduct. We may have innate temptations to some choices – even be prone to addictions or lusts that need help and support – but not a license to condone or endorse them.
Don't be deceived by social activism and insensitivities, for we inherently know better. It is self-serving disinformation that is drowning out moral honesty.
And who needs to know this? YOUTH -- immature children and young people who are being wrongly confused about sexuality ... between what is conspicuously natural and what is being redefined as natural ... by media, education, and politics seeking to compel kids that LGBT is "who they are", rewriting morality within minors.
Ira White - Portsmouth
My two cents: The Virginian "Pile-it" has lost more subscribers and has just within the week, made more personnel cutbacks and wonders why. Maybe it's because of who they are endorsing as candidates in Virginia Beach's council races. Of course all their picks endorse Light Rail all the way, no matter what the costs.....to the paper's detriment and apparent demise, I'd say. How's that workin' out?
I liken the Light Rail referendum in 2012 to asking "Who wants ice cream?" The word reasonable was in the question but nowhere to be found in the pursuit of this project. The public voted on Who wants Light Rail without the actual costs in the referendum question. So it's like Who wants Ice Cream?.....oh, but after the fact we find out it is going to cost thousand$$$ a scoop....and you're going to get two scoops.
Flo AND HER BOSS!!!!!
In case you didn't know...
The "Harley Owners Group", the biggest motorcycle club in America, maybe even the world, hasn't found any members that have Progressive Insurance since the word got out about Progressive’s communist affiliations. Their association with George Soros, alone, should bring chills up your back. Oh, you don't know who George Soros is? He finances the Obama progressive affiliations.
Progressive Insurance....Who are they? You've seen and probably smiled at the clever Progressive Insurance TV commercials. As Paul Harvey would say, "You're about to learn the rest of the story." Click here to read Silentnomorepubications.com’s full news release on Progressive Insurance:
Dear Editor --
Although an off year, this November’s election is crucial to our future as a viable nation.
Democrat control of the senate for the past four years has enabled president Obama to do pretty much as he pleases, unchecked. The president is at this point a lame duck, answerable to no one for his actions.
It is therefore critical to flip the senate and maintain Republican control of the House to block Obama’s continuing executive overreach and, more importantly, block his potential Supreme Court nominations.
I will be the first to admit that today’s Republican Party is a bit far from what I, as a conservative, would like to see, and the Republicans running for the senate and the house are not necessarily my first choices. Click below to read rest of the letter
RICHMOND, VA –As fuels and technology become more accessible and cheaper, the forces of government and corporations are moving to increase your energy costs.
Virginians should also file letters asking for support from their U.S. representatives and Senators.
It has been said that our Constitution is no longer appropriate for modern times.
Indeed, President Obama stated “We can no longer rely on a rulebook made a few centuries ago.” The reasoning is that new times call for new rules.
In the history of the world our Constitution is a newly developed concept. There have been attempts of such in the past, but they have been short-lived and/or limited.
Call me cynical, but my prediction –
3.Harry Reid rams through Senate approval before January.
Timing avoids a tidal wave of voter outrage on Nov. 4, possibly preventing loss of the Senate. Fait accompli -- the perfect gift from Obama that keeps on giving. Heaven help us.
Just a thought,
Ted Williams - Gloucester, VA
Quote OF THE DAY
SEX IN THE SHOWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In a recent survey carried out for the leading toiletries firm 'Brut', people from Chicago have proved to be the most likely to have had sex in the shower!
In the survey, 86% of Chicago's inner city residents (almost all of whom are registered Democrats) say that they have enjoyed sex in the shower.
The other 14% said they hadn't been to prison yet.
Sort of brings tears to your eyes!!!!
- Timing of First Period Tied to Women's Later Heart Risk: Study
- Full Bladder May Get a Third of Women Over 40 Up at Night
- Picture of Uterine Fibroids
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Women Can Outperform Men in Financial Negotiations, Study Shows
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Mammograms for 40-Somethings Supported by New Study
- Weight Control After Pregnancy
- Urinary Incontinence: More Common Than You Think
- Fighting extremism in coastal Kenya: will hardline approach backfire?
- Did '24' help make torture acceptable?
- Security experts: FBI report light on evidence linking North Korea to Sony hack
- How two words stir controversy on federal plan to rate US colleges
- Marco Rubio vs. Rand Paul: Who's winning GOP Cuba policy smackdown?
- Wolves, bears, lynxes rebounding in Europe
- Obama: Sony 'made a mistake' in pulling 'The Interview'
- How insider traders are rigging America
- Christmas lights shine bright for all ages
- Five steps to take to gain financial independence
- N. Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking
- Human rights in spotlight after US-Cuba deal
- After turbulent year, Obama aims for quiet Hawaii getaway
- Iraq's Shiite fighters desert over shortages
- 2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel
- Tour agents: N. Korea may soon lift Ebola restrictions
- Tick-tock: Tips for last-minute shoppers
- Falling oil prices worry Algeria
- 5 things to know about year-end tax breaks
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- December 16, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- December 4, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- November 24, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- Why I'm Sticking With Acacia Research's Stock
- Starting a Roth IRA for a Grandchild
- 5 Great Tech Funds Without Loads
- Top Affordable Vacation Destinations for 2015
- 25 Best College Values in the Midwest, 2015
- 17 Stocks for Playing the Consumer Revival
- 25 Best College Values in the Mid-Atlantic, 2015
- Eased Relations With Cuba Will Help U.S. Businesses, Cigar Lovers
- 6 Ways to Fix Social Security
- Why Social Security Isn't Going Away
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections