by Ira White - Portsmouth … VNS columnist
Since 1776, the Declaration of Independence declares Americans are "endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights"...
Since that time, all 50 state Constitutions have referenced "GOD", "CREATOR", and/or "DIVINE GUIDANCE" in their preambles…
Since 1789, a CHAPLAIN has been appointed to both Senate and House of Representatives to conduct PRAYER, pastoral care for congressmen, BIBLE study, funerals and memorial services...
Since 1791, the 1st Amendment states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the FREE EXERCISE thereof"...
Since 1864, our United States motto "IN GOD WE TRUST" (a phrase taken from the 4th stanza of our national anthem) has been printed on our currency...
And in 1963, Dr. Martin Luther King wrote that blacks "were in reality standing up for the best in the American dream and the most sacred values in our JUDEO-CHRISTIAN heritage".
by Sue Long, North, VA
[Editor’s Note; Sue Long of North, VA has joined VNS as a regular columnist. Sue is self-described as …”devoted to God, a Bible believing church-goer from childhood, to her family, eager to become, in a few months, a great-great-grandmother, and to country having been a volunteer in the John Birch Society since 1961.
It is has been said that you can’t fight City Hall. But, actually you can. History is replete with changes in what government has done. By the same token, we also know from history that it is much more easily done at the local level. At the state level, it is more difficult and even more so at the federal level. Can you just imagine what it would be like with an all-powerful one-world government?
A war-weary America was sold on the United Nations as the best hope for peace in the world. Well, history has certainly proved that to be a myth. Some would say that that is not reason enough to get the United States out of the United Nations, that it would be isolationist. But, that isn’t the only way to interact with other nations. Diplomatic relations on an individual basis is not only possible, it is a preferable means of interrelating with other nations. We did this all the time before the UN came onto the scene.
Isn’t it pretty drastic, though, to get out altogether?
Looks like Winston Salem is going to scrap their trolleys as it cost $23 per rider.
with a $33,000,000 shortfall, VB can ill afford to have the Paul Fraim choo choo.
Stand by for another tax increase.
What is the unfunded liability now? Was $500,000,000.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Uncle Sam is ill. He’s sick to the point I fear he may not recover. You see, he’s infected with a terrible disease called Liberalism. Liberalism is like kudzu. It’s progressive, tenacious, spreading over its victims, and eventually smothering them.
Barack Obama is the Kudzu Prince, a progressive liar with no regard for others or Uncle Sam. He lies to get a foot in the door, then chokes the life out of everything decent and American. He protects his Muslim Brotherhood while placing our republic in Harm’s Way.
Although we hear little about it, we should be concerned about pending legislation that could destroy our sovereignty as a free and independent nation.
We already have NAFTA which is responsible for the loss of many jobs to outsourcing. Then there is the pending TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) which would merge our country into a regional government in the Pacific.
Sold as a means of beating out China in trade agreements, we are not told how China could join TPP later on in spite of our objections.
In addition, TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) would merge us with the EU which is now comprised of what were once sovereign nations in Europe, having been sold on it that it would help their economy.
Now, there is yet another to add to the mix, TiSA (Trade in Services Agreement). As if it isn’t enough that much of American manufacturing production has already been shipped out, leaving services as the main stay of the American economy, now services are on the chopping block.
The TiSA would give the UN’s World Trade Organization (WTO) unprecedented control over the service sector, including jobs in banking, finance, courier and postal services, delivery and freight services, energy distribution, health care, insurance, maritime, professional services, legal services, licensing, real estate, telecommunications, transportation, tourism, and much more. See the full report:
We need to insist that our legislators vote against this threat to our country.
Sue Long - North, VA
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
The week of 27 September 2015 is one that you shouldn’t forget for a number of reasons. We saw prime examples of what is happening to America both at home and abroad and none of it is good.
On 30 Sept 15, at approximately 0800, a suspicious person was reported in a van in the parking lot of a mall in Forest Acres, SC.
Two officers reported to the scene and a pursuit ensued. The man who ran from police was caught by one of the officers and he refused to surrender, battling Officer Greg Alia, 32.
The suspect pulled a gun and shot and killed Officer Alia.
The suspect’s name is Alvis Parks and we know little about him except for the mug shot on file. It is that of a black man in his thirties or forties in a prison orange jumpsuit. But, you wouldn’t know that except for social media.
The thug’s photo never appeared in the MSM and the story was completely erased from the MSM coverage within 24 hours.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Karl Rove and his corrupt GOP RINO elites are soiling their Depends. Debbie Wasserman Shultz and her DNC menagerie of Marxist misfits are running in circles with their hair on fire.
The Gravy Train Express is about to derail straight into the Potomac River. Donald Trump is coming to town!
Boehner and McConnell sing their Siren songs for the conservatives dupes who elect them, then do exactly what those Washington lobbies bribe them to do.
Pelosi and Reid are more of the same rotten culture, lying to the American people with every breath.
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
Karl Rove and his corrupt GOP elites are craping their Depends. Debbie Wasserman Shultz and her DNC menagerie of Marxist misfits are running in circles with their hair on fire. The Gravy Train Express is about to derail straight into the Potomac River.
Donald Trump is coming to town!
Boehner and McConnell sing their Siren songs for the conservatives who elect them, then do exactly what those Washington lobbies bribe them to do. Pelosi and Reid are more of the same rotten culture, lying to the American people with every breath.
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Women's Health
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- Tensions escalate between Russia and Turkey over downed Russian plane
- President's turkey pardon creates China stir
- Protesters plan to block Chicago shopping on Black Friday
- Thanksgiving leftovers: Turkey, sweet potato, and corn chowder
- The best 2015 Black Friday travel deals
- The most important steps for a comfortable retirement
- Are you truly thankful for the good books you already have?
- A planet of cities
- 'The Gratitude Diaries' explains why a grateful heart is a happy heart
- How mobile payment services could help low-income consumers
- Russia, France agree to tighten cooperation against IS
- The Latest: Putin: Russia to cooperate with US-led coalition
- Turkey-Russia spat over downed Russian warplane escalates
- Trump called out for appearing to mock disability
- Teen killed by Chicago officer had broken, troubled family
- The Latest: Friday's protest to target main shopping area
- Pope says 'catastrophic' if interests derail climate talks
- Russia strikes back at Turkey with economic sanctions
- Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade
- Panthers still perfect, Romo hurt again in 33-14 Dallas loss
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Best Doorbuster Deals for Shoppers on Thanksgiving Day
- Best Things to Buy at Walmart During Black Friday Sales
- 10 Things to Be Thankful For in 2015
- Play DraftKings or FanDuel? The IRS Wants to Know About Your Winnings
- Which States Tax Social Security Retirement Benefits?
- Big Changes Ahead for Claiming Social Security
- Worst Things to Buy During the Holidays
- Tips and Tricks for Filling Out a FAFSA for College Financial Aid
- Best Black Friday Deals at Costco
- Best Tools to Pay for College