December 28, 2014
There has been much debate regarding the holding of a Constitutional Convention, a.k.a., Con-Con, Convention of the States, Article V Convention, etc.
While I can certainly understand wanting to fix our broken government, it is crucial that everyone comes to understand that it is not our Constitution that needs fixing. The fault lies with those in power who have broken their oaths to preserve, protect, and defend it.
For 150 years the system of checks and balances set forth in The Constitution has been eroded until we have an out of control, centralized government that ignores the law of the land and does what it pleases. (Click: Read More for rest of the story)
After years of working at Towne Bank under questionable ethics tactics, Mayor Sessoms resigns when policy is changed
Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to admit or deny he’s used the word “NIGGER” in general conversations) Sessoms has resigned as president of Towne Bank as he struggles with a state and possible FBI investigations into conflict of interest and other potential government corruption charges.
A special state prosecutor has been appointed to investigate more than $140 MILLION loaned bank clients whose projects Sessoms voted for as mayor.
In addition, the FBI told VNS last week it could not answer,when asked if Sessoms WAS the target of a federal government corruption probe. (Click Read More for rest of the story)
The Virginia chapter of Overpasses for America will hold a march on the state Capitol in Richmond Monday starting at 10 AM to protest President Obama’s recent executive order granting amnesty to more than 5 MILLION illegal aliens currently residing in the United States.
The group will assemble on the Capitol grounds in the area of the George Washington statue near the intersection of 9th and Grace Streets.
“You’ll see lots of flags, signs, and banners, and probably some firearms, as we welcome and encourage our participants to open carry at all of our events. Without the second amendment, the rest of them wouldn’t exist,” said Daniel Szabo Jr. the event organizer said.
Click the link for details about the event.
Black America - 2012 FBI Report:
Democrats declare themselves the party of Compassion, a pious claim as if other parties and perspectives are comprised of heartless non-humans. In reality, there are two types of compassion.
One compassion feels unease at others' suffering, and a motivation to address that suffering because it makes them feel better and alleviates their distress. But that doesn't guarantee their efforts will relieve the suffering of others, but may only succeed in relieving theirs.
In the case of government welfare, the justification of policies and programs that have resulted in worsening conditions leads to indifference about the failures and consequences. It doesn't matter as long as the "empathizers" are scoring compassion points to prove their intent.
Thank you for your cartoon on the antipope Bergoglio.
Nevertheless, I do wish you would explain to your readers why this man is a fraud and a usurper and cannot be a Catholic pope.
1) to be a Catholic pope, a man must be a Catholic in good standing. A Catholic is a baptized Christian who believes in all of the teachings of the Catholic Church, which Mr. Bergoglio does not.
For example, he just fired one of his own Swiss Guards because the man is against the sin of Sodom.
To be a Catholic pope, a man must be ordained as a Catholic priest.
By John P. Kuchta Jr.
VNS Columnist, Blogger
If you were lIke me the Tuesday morning after the Monday night announcement of the MO Grand Jury verdIct In Ferguson, MO, you were flabbergasted at the scenes beIng shown on TV and on the Internet. See News Link:
At least 12 buIldIngs were burned and looted on the Monday night after the prosecutor announced that the Grand Jury could not fInd reason to indict and prosecute OffIcer Darren WIlson for the death of MIchael Brown. I rubbed my eyes on Tuesday morning because I couldn't belIeve what had just happened In the streets In Ferguson on Monday night. (I go to bed early!)
How In the hell do the local, state and federal governments have 90 days to prepare for what they knew was goIng to be a rIot and still have no plan to thwart the rioters? Read on.....
Lock ’n Load … read rest of the column: http://www.virginianewssource.com/jpk/ on click the button [Read More] below:
What If …
What if Congress calls an Article V convention to amend our U. S. Constitution?
Since it is within Congress’s authority to decide how the delegates are chosen, what if they select themselves, like John Boehner or Nancy Pelosi, or as the Assembly of States advocates, a bipartisan group.
What if they let the states chose the delegates, the number to be determined by the electoral college system giving California 55 delegates to Virginia’s 13. And, who would be chosen from Virginia – Speaker Howell or Governor McAuliffe and whom they appoint, legislators who are just as guilty of overreach as those at the federal level?
What if the convention meets and delegates don’t like a proposal? Then the chair says, all in favor say Aye, opposed NO, the Ayes have it. Next.
What if the convention changes the rules for ratification, and make the number of states needed to ratify only half of the states, or none?
What if the convention gives us a constitution that gives us rights instead of protecting our God-given inherent rights? Any government that gives rights can take them away.
What if there is a good result from the convention? Will legislators who fail to honor their oath of office mysteriously overnight choose to do so?
What if the convention becomes a runaway, where anything could result? What then?
Sue Long - North, VA
- Sessoms gets lawyered up for conflict of interest investigation
- Other officials Towne Bank has bought ...
- Will Mayor Sessoms' Allegations of Conflict of Interest charges affect his bank's merger plans?
- James O'Keefe III - trying to protect your liberty: Get to know him
- Will Towne Bank dump beach mayor to save merger deal?
- The country needs a leader, not a whiner
- Uterine Fibroids (Benign Tumors of the Uterus)
- Experts Continue to Scale Back Annual Pap Smear
- Study Casts Doubt on Use of Common Antibiotic for UTIs in Women
- Breast Reconstruction Often Involves Multiple Operations
- Breast Augmentation
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says
- Women With Grandkids May Leave Workforce Sooner
- Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers Act Differently in Each Woman: Study
- Honoring nurses
- Is Carly Fiorina the new Michele Bachmann?
- Clinton vows to push for immigration overhaul in visit to Nevada
- Senate passes budget plan, but challenges ahead. Could 2013 deal be a model?
- Massachusetts town takes new approach to opiate addiction
- Moments from safety, migrants die trying to reach Europe
- Why do evangelical voters like Mike Huckabee so much? (+video)
- Is it time for a female-led superhero film?
- What Mother's Day gift do moms want most? A meal out.
- What 'Draw Muhammad' shootings say about Islamic State reach (+video)
- Gunman's hashtag hinted at Texas plot
- Analysis: Despite Saudi strikes, Yemen rebels remain dug in
- Kerry trip to Djibouti highlights importance of small nation
- Latest GOP campaigns for White House star Hillary Clinton
- Nepal's earthquake highlights village exodus of the young
- California regulators approve unprecedented water cutbacks
- AP Interview: Uganda's president says he's the one bullied
- Afghan judge sentences 4 to death in mob killing of woman
- Who is David Cameron? Elusive leader at heart of UK election
- For most, N. Korean online shopping not just a click away
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- How to Get a Job in Today's Market
- How to Earn Up to 12% Yield with Closed-end Funds
- Biggest Supermarket Shopping Mistakes
- The Best College Majors for Your Career
- 7 Food Freebies and Deals in May
- How to Earn Up to 14% Yield with Mortgage REITs
- How to Earn Up to 7% Yield with Preferred Stocks
- 6 Great Stock Picks for an Aging Bull Market
- What Savings Bonds Pay Now
- Surprising Credit-Card Purchases That Don't Earn You Rewards