Maybe this makes sense to you in this Navy region! I can't understand it!
[Editor’s note: Quotes excerpted from an article by Dan Cannon in Guns Save Lives, Feb. 1, 2014}
“Maybe this is my own personal ignorance, but don’t we usually name Navy ships after heroes of war, presidents, and regions of the country? We do, right?
“Yeah, so why does former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords have a ship named after her? Also, how did this slip under my radar for TWO YEARS? I mean it’s not a stealth ship (stealth, radar, get it?).
?According to Wikipedia, Giffords has an Independence-class littoral combat ship (USS Independence pictured) named after her. The ship is scheduled to be completed in August of 2015.
“According to the Wikipedia entry, I’m apparently not the only one questioning the naming of the ship,
Some commentators disputed the decision to name the ship after Giffords, with two retired U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps officers criticizing the trend of naming ships for political reasons while military blogger Spencer Ackerman called it “The USS Shameless Cynicism….”
by John P. Kutcha Jr.
I was watching the elite of our "intelligence" community testifying in front of a Congressional committee yesterday, 29 Jan 14, and I was struck by a number of steady raindrops falling out of the ether in my living room. The drops kept hitting me in the forehead and wouldn't stop until I jumped to my feet and shouted, "Stop lying, you incompetents!"
Most noticeably, there sat CIA Director John (I converted to Islam) Brennan and James (What raids in the UK?) Clapper. Everybody on the august panel turned-out for a photo op to point a finger at Edward Snowden's document dump to the still-free press.
by Chris Braunlich, vice president of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
In 2007, the Virginia General Assembly replaced one eighth-grade social studies Standards of Learning (SOL) exam with three required middle school SOL tests. In 2009, Virginia's state superintendent proposed eliminating the third-grade social studies SOL exam, but backed off after opposition from members of the General Assembly.
My. What a difference a couple of years make.
Today, more than 15 bills are under consideration by Virginia's legislature to "reform" the SOLs. Some proposals, such as eliminating certain tests in the elementary grades when the focus should be on reading and math, have an educational justification. Others, such as requiring SOL assessments to be finalized well in advance of their administration, lean towards ensuring greater fairness.
Is Saudi/Terrorist Cash Buying Off National Political Scruntiny!
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Besides deciding that he wanted to destroy the country that had sheltered him for a number of years, this would-be NC jihadist had not yet come to the conclusion that the safest way to conduct Muslim jihad is to work your plan for destruction of the infidels through a US, Saudi-sponsored mosque.
All those Saudi-sourced campaign contributions to our political class produce what is essentially a "get-out-of-jail-free" card for the mosques.
This North Carolinian is what I call one of the "onezies and twozies" of jihadists sought-out by the FBI for their anti-terror photo ops.
A PERSONAL LETTER ADDRESSING THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL ABORTION MANDATE
Dear: (Senator or Representative),
The 1st Amendment to the US Constitution states:
"Congress shall make no law...prohibiting the free exercise [of religion]."
I am a law-abiding US citizen, and a believer in Judeo-Christian values and related pro-life issues. As such, I affirm that abortion-on-demand is by far the prominent moral issue in our nation, and my primary voting concern is whether or not a political leader supports it.
by Sue Long, North, VA
Is a convention a good Idea ?
Many good patriots have given a Convention of the States (COS) a thumbs up, trusting the promoters without further consideration. But, more study results in serious concerns.
What Article V of our Constitution actually says is: “The Congress,… on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments,…” In other words, it is Congress that calls for a convention. The only thing the states have the authority to do is to apply to Congress to call a convention.
by Larry Henry
Contact Larry by email at:
So there I was an escapee for one precious evening, away from all the lies and BS fostered on me and my countrymen by the Left, the Socialists, the Communists, and Commander Zero.
There was no radio, no TV, no internet to expose my gray-haired noggin to all the slander of our beloved Lady Liberty, and dear ole Uncle Sam. I was free for an hour, the USMC protector of the realm, our nation, on rode the six hundred.
Then, Wham-O! A retired UT professor sat down beside me at the Holiday Inn where I was attacking a pile of fried chicken legs, plus a tasty salad topped with blue cheese dressing.
Richard regaled me about the pious professors at UT who preach Marxism, despise America, while living like kings and queens off the backs of us “evil” Capitalists. I was agog, aghast, and slightly upset in the tummy region due to all the blue cheese dressing.
Right in our own backyard!
A bastion of liberalism at our revered Tennessee University, our Big Orange, the home of Old Smokey, traitors and dipsticks living among us. Why Lord? Why are we Americans assailed at every turn by people who don’t like us, our way of life, people who in fact couldn’t survive on their own without Capitalism, and all of us pushing their cart for them?
Socialism must go, Commander Zero must go, that disgusting Congressional Progressive Caucus must go, and that malicious Harridan who haunts my dreams, Nancy Pelosi.
Argh! What a nightmare! You too, Harry Reid, and you, Maxine Waters – no more speeches about how America is bad.
You people are bad, you Henry Waxman, and you Chuck Schumer. And take that moronic John Kerry with you!
I finished my fried chicken … on rode the six hundred.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
I'm not the only one calling the FBI inept and corrupt! Or, is that corrupt and inept? I forget! See This Link:
The FBI has grown so corrupt that the only effective solution is to break-up the FBI and fund the 50 states' bureaus. Keep the crime labs and profilers centralized.
Anybody recognize how much the United States of America looks like a third world republic? We have:
* State sponsored surveillance of ALL our citizens.
* Use of federal agencies like the EPA and IRS to enforce the desires of the executive branch.
* Unequal enforcement under the law as in the case of the IRS and conservative Tea party groups.
* Law enforcement agencies such as the ATF and DoJ consorting directly with Mexican drug cartels to promote curtailment of our Second Amendment rights. One weapons sale resulted in the death of US Border Agent Brian Terry.
- Christie just another politician sucking up to terrorists
- No to In-State Tuition for illegals
- Washington’s Fifth Column - America needs revolutionary change
- Are Southern Baptists Russian Terrorist or why is FBI involved?
- Language used in the "immigration wars" has been rough
- Lee Remembrance Service, January 19th,
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- New Review Suggests Benefits of Annual Mammograms Are Overstated
- Breast Lumps (In Women)
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Menstrual Cramps
- Turner Syndrome
- Yeast Infection Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- College Women: Have a Healthy Spring Break
- Could the HPV Test Replace the Pap Test?
- Adam Braun hands out pencils – and hope
- A love letter to 'orphan books' – the works that time forgot
- Ford launches Lincoln brand in China
- 'Jessie' breaks romantic ground for Disney
- Are you a true car buff? Test your knowledge with our quiz!
- Easter candy: Homemade Peeps that are better than store-bought
- Moore, Oklahoma has new building codes after deadly tornado
- With Brazil's Petrobras under fire for corruption, have Brazilians had enough?
- 'Transcendence': Not a transcendent movie experience
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in develpment, 21 years later
- Ukraine insurgents reject call to quit buildings
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Doomed ferry's sharp turn, slow evacuation probed
- Late sign-ups improve outlook for Obama health law
- Remembering an officer slain after bombs went off
- AP PHOTOS: Stratocaster still a favorite at 60
- Advice to Democrats: Don't say `recovery'
- Chinese relatives pray over lost Malaysian plane
- AP PHOTOS: Marking Jesus' journey on Good Friday
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- April 9, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- What to Do With a Damaged Smart Phone
- Dividends from Berkshire? Not on Buffett's Watch
- Don't Bet Against Warren Buffett
- What Federal Deposit Insurance Covers
- New Fed Chief, New Unemployment Approach
- Saving for Retirement Advice From Around the Web
- Why Flash Sales Aren't Always Good Deals
- Best Values in Used Cars, 2014
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 30s
- Insider Tips: Get the Best and Cheapest Seats on Your Next Flight
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections