by Larry Henry - Special to VNS
Cowards to the Right of us,
Traitors to the Left of us,
Media Morons in front of us,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell,
Rode the six hundred
300 from Congress and 300 from the White House.
This reminds me of the allegory of Plato’s Cave.
Socrates describes a band of prisoners who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all their lives, facing a blank wall. The prisoners watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them. Those shadows are as close as they ever get to viewing reality.
by Sue Long - Special to VNS
Davy Crockett that is. When we think of Davy Crockett what usually comes to mind are his exploits as a pioneer wearing a raccoon-tail cap and his death at The Alamo. What is lesser known is that he was also a highly respected member of the United States House of Representatives from Tennessee.
While he was serving in D. C., a bill was being voted on to appropriate money for the widow of a distinguished naval officer. It was very much favored until Davy Crockett gave a speech to the contrary. The substance of his comment was that debts must be paid but in this case there was no debt. Her husband had been paid the appointed amount, the same as was given to all the others and it would be irresponsible to single her out for special treatment. In that case it would be charity and charity should be paid with your own money –not someone else’s.
How did he come by this state of mind?
by Larry Henry
War is coming … our way.
If you understand the history of the 20th Century, you know what’s around the corner.
The Muslim Brotherhood is on the march. Israel is fighting for her life. Russia is threatening the Ukraine and Eastern Europe. Western Europe and England are being overrun by Islam. China is threatening Formosa and Japan. North Korea, Pakistan, and India all have nuclear weapons. Click [Read More] below for rest of the article
A Christian holocaust is taking place all over the Middle East and coming to America.
Christian men, women, and children, as well as other minorities, are LITERALLY being crucified, butchered, beheaded, raped and sold into slavery by the most grotesque, repugnant brutality unheard of in modernity.
What makes this particularly atrocious is the fact that WE, and every taxpaying American, are funding it.
America, under Obama, provided the “Islamic State of Iraq and Syria”, aka “ISIS”, with training, arms, and equipment, including MRAPS, Hellfire missiles, Humvees, millions of rounds of ammunition, etc, just for starters.
That’s what was ‘officially’ supplied to Iraq and ‘left’ for ISIS to pick up on its way to the slaughter.
A Virginia News Source Special Report
[Editor’s note: As a veteran reporter covering federal, state, and local courts since 1960, this reporter has never witnessed a story like Cameron Crockett’s.
His conviction on a manslaughter charge was the result of incompetent or corrupt prosecutors, defense attorneys, police investigators, and the courts. Or all of the above.
In fact one witness told the court she overheard the son of a Beach cop say, “I just got free…I thought I killed both of them (both Crockett and his best friend): The man, Jacob Palmer, was never interrogated by police or called to testify.
A police spokesman said the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office shut down their investigation and didn’t share information with them.
All are hiding behind official protection to keep the coverup going.
Prosecutors illegally read Crockett’s mail.
It was never proven by any witness that Crockett was driving.
Through judicial corruption, he was railroaded on withheld or manipulated evidence and sent to prison.
(Note) I launched this guided missile this evening. Personally, I will never touch a Smithfield product as I refuse to partake in cruelty and suffering. It amazes me that nobody, like reporters, ever puts the record-breaking profits and the vague deadlines of 2017 and 2022 together!!! Logic gap big enough to drive a Mack truck through.
Back in December 2011 Smithfield said they would “get rid of all gestation crates for pregnant sows on its farms by 2017.” Pregnant sows were…and apparently still are..kept in a crate with little room to move. Several animal rights groups asked Smithfield to get rid of the ‘gestation crates’ as soon as possible.
In the same month, December 2011, Smithfield posted a $120.7M quarterly profit…it’s third best quarter ever. When this was reported in the Pilot, no relationship was drawn between the cruel practices and the high profit. Click Read More below:
Is it too farfetched to think Obama will try to use the ebola scare to declare marshall law? By executive order, he’s already declared certain cities as ‘quarantine stations’ - El Paso, Los Angeles, and 18 other cities.
Cap’n Crawdad became concerned when he heard Fox News talking about ebola panic. Some conspiracy theorists are ready to believe that the incompetent CDC, which it was recently revealed, lost deadly small pox viruses, and other deadly diseases, is poised to allow ebola to escape into the U.S. population.
If it does, don’t say Cap’n Crawdad and VNS didn’t warn you. But Cap’n Crawdad went running to his front door this morning - expecting hoards of frightened Virginia Beach citizens milling around in flip flops and carrying pitchforks, surfboards, and hockey sticks in protest.
Will the Kenyan-In-Chief use this event to crown himself ruler of the world? Read Kuchta’s take on the ebola panic: http://www.virginianewssource.com/jpk/
by Joseph J. McGrenra, CFCM
(July 28th, 2014)-I don’t remember the first time I saw James Garner on screen. It was in the early 1970’s and I recall it was a western-either Support Your Local Sheriff or Support Your Local Gunfighter.
The role that made him a star was Maverick, and I came to that late. I was and am a western fan, but that series was in black and white and by the time I was growing up a lot of stations wouldn’t show black and white series. However Garner returned to the role in the 1970s (The New Maverick and a cameo in Young Maverick), the 1980’s (the Bret Maverick series), and 1990’s 1994’s big screen Maverick).
He was one of the few stars of his era that worked on both the big and small screens. After leaving Maverick (more on that later), he spent the next decade or so concentrating on the big screen (The Great Escape, Grand Prix, etc.) before returning to television.
He was considered one of the best drivers in Hollywood and did all of his own driving in Grand Prix and later in The Rockford Files.
My favorite Garner role is easy and a no-brainer for me-Jim Rockford. I don’t remember if I was there for the first episode of The Rockford Files, but if I missed it, I was watching soon after it started. Rockford Files is one of the few shows in the history of television (yes my opinion, but shared by many others) that never really lost it or “jumped the sharp”.
It left television in the middle of its sixth season after Garner was told he needed a break or the pace was going to kill him. Garner intended to take some time and recover his health and return, but the studio decided not to wait for his return and pulled the plug (more on that later).
- Why is U.S. Army terrorist Nidal Hasan still alive?
- Is Michelle Obama really she or he?
- Obama's 50-calibers coming home to roost!
- 2nd District Rep. Scott Rigell finally gets behind the 2nd Amendment
- Obama gave guns to Mexican criminals - Putin rockets to Ukraine rebels !
- Obama: It's not the color of his skin, but the blackness of his heart toward America that is a problem
Quote OF THE DAY
"There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs, partly because they want sympathy, and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public."
-- Booker T. Washington in his 1911 book, My Larger Education
- FDA Adds 'Boxed Warning' to Devices Used to Remove Uterine Fibroids
- New Device May Make Mammograms More Comfortable
- Study Ties Teen Smoking to Risk of Severe Menstrual Cramps
- Kids: An Rx for Menopause's Hot Flashes?
- mifepristone, Mifeprex
- Women Less Likely to Get Kidney Dialysis Than Men, Study Finds
- terconazole, Terazol, Zazole
- Why Aren't There Sex Drugs for Women?
- Urinary Prosthetic Device for Women Approved
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Ray Rice wins NFL suspension appeal; eligible to play again this season
- Authorities look at 'antigovernment' motive in Austin shootings
- Will the trucker shortage glitch Cyber Monday?
- Poll: Most Americans think things are going pretty well in the US
- Beyond Black Friday: five alternative ways to spend Thanksgiving weekend
- Star Wars teaser trailer: Does it leave too much to the imagination? (+video)
- Crude falls below $68; oil sector stocks plunge
- Judge puts the brakes on Uber ride-sharing in Nevada
- Curious about politicos who brag and bloviate? Marc Leibovich has stories
- 'Once Upon a Time, Veronica' is a bit dissolute and daffy
- Black Friday gets a little less frenzied
- INSIDE KOBANI: Devastation mixed with optimism
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Thinner crowds, protests, beer
- Protests temporarily close malls, shut down trains
- A glance at national protests, cleanup in Ferguson
- Michael Brown's legacy continues to evolve
- Police: Blasts at mosque in Nigeria kill 35 people
- Austin police: Man fired 100-plus rounds downtown
- French president cheered in Ebola-stricken Guinea
- Pope urges more Muslim opposition to IS in Turkey
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- November 24, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Be Strategic With Credit-Card Balance Transfers
- How to Make the Most of Black Friday Sales
- How to Set Up a Donor-Advised Fund
- 19 Stocks for Cashing In on Holiday Cheer
- Mannequin Eye Contact and Other Ways Retailers Get You to Spend More
- Retailers Speeding Up Holiday Deliveries in 2014
- Public Pensions Sock Social Security Benefits
- Great Gadget Gifts, 2014
- Best Doorbuster Deals for Black Friday at Toys "R" Us, Macy's, Walmart, Sam's Club, and...
- Five Myths About Black Friday
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections