In a scathing expose’, the prestigious, nationally-acclaimed Columbia Journalism Review has blasted Virginian Pilot management interference with news coverage of the story on Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to deny or confirm he’s used the word “Nigger” in conversations) Sessoms conflict of interest problem.
The Pilot’s news staff is reported in rebellion over corporate lawyer Rusty Fridell’s and management’s blocking continued reporting on the scandal which forced Sessoms to resign his 6-figure salaried job as president of financial services with Towne Bank where he was accused of voting on issues before the City Council for people who got financing from his bank. He also resigned his seats on 3 bank boards.
He’s refused requests from other council members to resign from council.
Sessoms’ double-dealing activities were reported by Pilot investigative reporter John Holland. He found public records that showed Sessoms voted at least 60 times on issues involving developers and businesses who had received at least $140 MILLION in loans from the bank. This caused many citizens to believe that to get council approval of projects, you had to do business with Towne Bank.
A special state prosecutor has been appointed to investigate the charges and the FBI refused to say that Sessoms isn’t a target of a federal government corruptions investigation.
Sessoms has hired Norfolk lawyers Lyn Swartz and his son, specialists in federal legal cases, and his old buddy, XXX-Councilman Billy Harrison, with Williams Mullen in Virginia Beach to represent him.
And this is where it gets sticky: Fridell and Harrison are big ‘buds.’
Harrison was with Wilcox Savage with Fridell, Norfolk’s most prestigious law firm until after the Virginia News Source revealed in an investigative piece that Harrison paid $28,000 to a former employee who accused him of attempted rape. See: (http://www.veritas-solus.com/VNS/Archive/Harrison.htm) in 1990 at a motel he owned on Shore Drive.
Click here to read the settlement documents (http://www.veritas-solus.com/VNS/Archive/settlementdocs.htm)
Staffers at the Pilot allege Fridell’s relationship with Harrison is blocking continued investigation of Sessoms and his antics. The censorship of coverage is ISIS-like with reporters telling the CJR its like "we're walking around with duct tape over our keyboards.” CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL DISGRACEFUL DETAILS OF THE CENSORSHIP FROM CJR
By Bob O'Connor, VNS Colunmist
Tell us the Truth … the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth:
VNS Columnist Bob O’Connor calls out Councilmen Jim Wood and Bobby Dyer to provide the transparency in government they recently boasted about wanting:Of course, everyone agrees with those concepts: Public fully informed and facts without distortion.
A good place to start is full information regarding an important project that you approved many years ago – the convention center. We need a full accounting of the total cost and a complete review of the operating costs and, of course, total revenue due to convention center operations.Start with the cost to build the convention center. The total cost of the convention center is $307 million (that is $202 million plus interest). We need to know the total cost of operation and maintenance. That includes all utilities, insurance, all personnel engaged in maintenance and sales and total compensation for all personnel. The revenue must be calculated ONLY on people who have come to Virginia Beach for convention center activities.
We are proud to announce that VNS Columnist John P. Kuchta Jr. has been named among the Top 10 Counter-terrorism Specialists in America by Dave Gaubetz and “wearenotafraid.blogspot.com.
Around he, we call the ole Cajun boy, Cap’n Crawdad or Jihaid John, among the names we can publicly print. John files stories almost daily for VNS on the Muslim/Islam terrorist religion’s movements and activities.
In making the announcement, Gaubetz said, “Our country is currently in it's last days and the people who get paid to protect our country (law enforcement and politicians) against Islamic terrorist thugs are failing America and our children.
“During my many years conducting counter-terrorism research I have had the pleasant opportunity to meet many Americans who contribute many, many hours each week to educate Americans on the threats of Islam and it's terrorists. They get no pay and little national attention. They sacrifice their time with families and hobbies like golf and going on vacation. These people sacrifice for one reason: America and our freedoms.
“The 10 people I have chosen are among the many I have met. They desire no publicity or pay for their work. They often get threats from Islamic terror supporters. We owe our prayers and a good ole fashioned slap on the back for protecting our country. These are the top counter-terrorism people who understand the threat of the Islamic ideology. 'They Get It’.”
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Virginia News Source Columnist
What did General "Black Jack" Pershing do when he was ordered to the Philippines to combat Muslim bandits and rebels?
After a decisive firefight in which many of the Muslim bandits were killed, the General had a large pit excavated that was filled with slaughtered hogs and the remains of the Muslim bandits. The pit was then ordered covered.
Funny thing, there wasn't a resurgence of Islamic-based rebels for 50 years in the Philippines. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story about swines and Muslims)
By Michael W. Thompson
Chairman and President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy, a non-partisan Virginia focused foundation dealing with the issues of improving education, government reform, economic development and environmental stewardship. This foundation is the state's premier independent public policy foundation and has gained broad based respect from political and business leaders throughout Virginia.
In recent years the federal government has continued to impose burdensome new regulations on the states, especially in the area of health care. Strict new rules handed down as a result of Obamacare are forcing insurance companies to cancel coverage for roughly 250,000 Virginians this year, and costs are continuing to increase for everyone. Virginia should take action to expand access to health care while lowering the cost to consumers.
In the upcoming legislative session, the Virginia General Assembly has the opportunity to move away from an outdated government controlled health care structure that increases costs and delays patient care, to a more free market-based solution that will improve access to care across the Commonwealth. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the article
by Larry Henry
Blount County 2015
Barack Obama was just handed his head on a platter in a landslide mid-term defeat, so he goes about pretending he won all 50 states. Word just arrived that he’s going to veto the XL Pipeline. Obama believes in unicorns and dust fairies. John Boehner is a dust fairy. Meanwhile, Bill Haslam plans to initiate Obamacaid which may bankrupt Tennessee.
Mayor de Blasio of NYC is a communist, hates cops and soldiers, so he married a lesbian. He’s big pals with “Reverend” Al Sharpton. Sharpton is neither a reverend nor does he bother paying taxes. But he’s been to the White House 60 times advising President Obama on race relations. Somehow that race fandango fits in with Fast & Furious, Eric Holder, Benghazi, and Hillary Clinton. CLICK 'READ MORE' BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY
by Larry Henry
The United States is under assault.
This has been on-going for eight years ever since the Democrats took Congress hostage in 2006. Outside forces include Iran, China, Saudi Arabia, Cuba, North Korea, and parts of South America.
President Obama is our Manchurian Candidate. His czars, Eric Holder, and many others are his handmaidens of destruction. George Soros is the man behind the curtain with his billions, and billions more supplied by groups such as the Bildebergs, the Rothschilds, and the Communist Party. Hillary Clinton is just as evil and wants to assume control in 2017. (Click 'Read More' before for rest of the story)
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Almost exactly 24 hours ago, I passed along the warning published in "Jihad Watch" that the latest edition of "Inspire" magazine, aimed at Muslim jihadists who can read, was promoting the assassination of important infidels and the downing of commercial airliners. (See Kuchta's previous report) ).
Like the assassination of the two NYC cops this past weekend by a Muslim jihadist, a fact completely suppressed by the MSM (read ‘Mainstream Media), don't be too surprised if the latest news of the loss of an "Airasia" flight is reported as NOT TERROR RELATED.
You've been down that road before, haven't you? You do recall that that the jihad attack by Major Nidal Hasan at Fort Hood was termed an incident of workplace violence by the traitors in DC, don't you?
Oh yes, the Major is still alive and well after over five years have past since the attack. Do you think that's due to the intervention of our Sunni-in-Chief? I just wonder how much are the Saudis paying Obama for that feat?
If no Muslim Jihad group goes on the Internet to claim responsibility for the loss of the airliner, any and every trace of jihadi involvement will be suppressed by a compliant main stream media.
- No use to try to re-write Constitution if Politicians ignore their Oaths to abide by it
- Buckling under criminal investigation charges, Mayor resigns from Bank Presidency
- A revolution brewing?
- Thanks for Cartoon on Antipope Bergoglio
- Black America - the 2012 FBI Report - The American Tragedy!
- LOCK 'N LOAD ...Your government won't protect you ...
- Newer Birth Control Pills May Slightly Raise Blood Clot Risk
- Too Many Women Who Need Bone Screening Aren't Getting It
- Pap Smear
- Nearly 1 in 5 Female College Freshmen Sexually Assaulted: Study
- Single Moms Report Poorer Health Later in Life
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Endometrial Ablation
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Iraq's Sunni-Shiite divide: Does US experience show how it can be bridged?
- Cameron begins tour of EU states to build support for reform
- Syria's Al Qaeda chief says no plans to attack the West
- Former House speaker charged in relation to payments of hush money
- In Nebraska vote, sign of broader conservative backlash to death penalty
- In Islamic State fight, radically changed Pentagon view of civilian casualties
- Seven ways stay-at-home parents unexpectedly save money
- Early humans left Africa through Egypt, study says
- Why the EPA wants to amend the Clean Water Act
- Ten finalists to compete for national spelling bee title
- Hastert indictment offers few clues about alleged misconduct
- FIFA President Blatter asks to be re-elected despite crisis
- Myanmar warns against 'finger pointing' at migrant meeting
- AP Exclusive: UN rights staff fear for jobs amid abuse case
- Russia steps up propaganda push with online "Kremlin trolls"
- Civilians biggest losers on Afghan war's new northern front
- National Spelling Bee ends in tie for 2nd year in a row
- Alleged Nazi war criminal wanted by Russia dies in Quebec
- India's heat wave tests water supply; death toll over 1,800
- Who? Townshend, Springsteen, Daltrey jam at NYC event
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- A License to Spoil the Grandkids
- What Happens to Money in Your HSA When You Die
- Midyear Investing Outlook: Where to Put Your Money Now
- Is Aldi a Better Place to Shop Than Trader Joe's?
- 5 Ways to Save Without Looking Like a Cheapskate
- How Online Retailers Trick Shoppers Into Paying More
- Retirees, Find Hospitals That Score High
- 10 Best Things to Buy Organic at Walmart
- Best Dividend Stocks of the S&P 500
- Relief From Painful Medical Debt