Flo AND HER BOSS!!!!!
In case you didn't know...
The "Harley Owners Group", the biggest motorcycle club in America, maybe even the world, hasn't found any members that have Progressive Insurance since the word got out about Progressive’s communist affiliations. Their association with George Soros, alone, should bring chills up your back. Oh, you don't know who George Soros is? He finances the Obama progressive affiliations.
Progressive Insurance....Who are they? You've seen and probably smiled at the clever Progressive Insurance TV commercials. As Paul Harvey would say, "You're about to learn the rest of the story." Click here to read Silentnomorepubications.com’s full news release on Progressive Insurance:
It has been said that our Constitution is no longer appropriate for modern times.
Indeed, President Obama stated “We can no longer rely on a rulebook made a few centuries ago.” The reasoning is that new times call for new rules.
What are the proposed “new” rules? They are socialism, communism and the same old collectivist rationale that is as old as civilization itself.
In the history of the world our Constitution is a newly developed concept. There have been attempts of such in the past, but they have been short-lived and/or limited.
Dear Editor --
Although an off year, this November’s election is crucial to our future as a viable nation.
Democrat control of the senate for the past four years has enabled president Obama to do pretty much as he pleases, unchecked. The president is at this point a lame duck, answerable to no one for his actions.
It is therefore critical to flip the senate and maintain Republican control of the House to block Obama’s continuing executive overreach and, more importantly, block his potential Supreme Court nominations.
I will be the first to admit that today’s Republican Party is a bit far from what I, as a conservative, would like to see, and the Republicans running for the senate and the house are not necessarily my first choices. Click below to read rest of the letter
The Tidewater Libertarian Party (TLP) voted to oppose a request by City Councilman Jim Wood and Police Chief James Cevera to support their proposed legislation that would impose a civil penalty for any citizen ‘willfully’ failing to report a lost or stolen gun to the police.
Philip Van Cleve, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), a Virginia-based gun rights organization that lobbies to preserve and protect 2nd Amendment rights, in Virginia and the nation, told the 40+ attendees at the Saturday breakfast that the request will never get needed General Assembly approval to become law.
The TLP’s Robert Dean told Van Cleve he’d like to join the VCDL in drafting a joint resolution in opposition to the proposed legislation.
Wood and Cevera want to propose the law to the General Assembly to better combat lost or stolen guns out of the hands of criminals. Saturday’s was the first time the proposal to taken to the public to explain it. It can’t be passed by local government without legislative approval.
Cevera told the group, hundreds of thousands of lost or stolen guns, that have never been reported to police authorities, yearly end up on the streets in the hands of criminals. Status of the guns isn’t discovered until a criminal is arrested with a gun and police run a gun check.
Some weapons found on suspected criminals have to be returned because there are no records showing them reported lost or stolen, and, therefore not illegal to have in their possession until charged and convicted, or, investigation later reveals it connected to a crime.
TLPers contended that if a citizen had a weapon lost or stolen, they’d report it to their insurance company for reimbursement or replacement anyway, which would probably require making a police report. Wood and Cevera’s proposal wants to make that reporting requirement to police law, subject to civil penalties like running a red-light.
To a person Saturday, everyone at the meeting considered Wood and Cevera’s proposal an attempted first step of more gun control, leading to databases that could be used for future gun control/confiscation attempts by government. Libertarians and most conservatives do not trust government.
Wood and Cevera will continue to make their case before other groups and venues across the city.
Read full text of Councilman Wood’s Proposed Gun Law: More
As a supporter of personal firearm ownership, both for personal protection and sporting, I must confess that I support the recent inclusion of a Lost and Stolen Firearm petition to the Virginia Beach’s recent legislative package.
First and foremost, I fail to recognize the infringement of personal liberty for failure to be responsible for a legally registered weapon that is in my name.
Additionally, irrespective of my view of personal weapon registration, as a law-biding citizen, it is my individual responsibility to take charge, maintain, and control access to weapons under my oversight.
Rightly or wrongly, current weapon registration results in a location and ownership database. Failure to keep that index current minimize its purpose and render it inaccurate. Without timely reporting, potential notifications to bonafide weapon outlets are infringed. Also, the recovery of a misplaced, lost, or stolen weapon has the potential of being recovered in lieu of being misused in an unlawful act.
As a Libertarian, I firmly believe in the liberties afforded by the Constitution, and it is my personal responsibility to abide and protect those liberties.
Wally Erb - Virginia Beach
Call me cynical, but my prediction –
3.Harry Reid rams through Senate approval before January.
Timing avoids a tidal wave of voter outrage on Nov. 4, possibly preventing loss of the Senate. Fait accompli -- the perfect gift from Obama that keeps on giving. Heaven help us.
Just a thought,
Ted Williams - Gloucester, VA
It's becoming clear that ISIS' expansion of territory and massacres of thousands will not stop without a decisive Desert Storm 2. That will not happen in the foreseeable future.
ISIS will continue to build their Islamic caliphate – the likes of which hasn't existed in that region for over a century – and will control oil revenues that will buy their weapons, manpower, and underground tickets into the US.
Meanwhile, our nation's security posture is falling apart under a "commander-in-chief" (who is anything but) who handcuffs security agencies with paralyzing policies, rejects any action that does not have a liberal political end, sent weapons to all the wrong people (Benghazi was part of that), has fired or discarded top military leaders alarmed by his arrogantly destructive incompetence, and who continues to patronize Islamic entities worldwide that are dangerous to all western civilizations.
Obama has become the Great Global Destabilizer of our time, and we will all feel the effects of it.
Everyone better be thinking about who will be leading this country in the next couple of years, but that will not be soon enough to ward off all the catastrophes in the making.
Ira White - Portsmouth VA
By Michael W. Thompson
Chairman and President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
The economic benefits from drilling off Virginia's coast natural gas and oil far exceed the cost of possible environmental impacts. That is the conclusion of a new study by the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy. The estimates for gas and oil reserves in this new study are from the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and are current as of a couple of months ago.
New seismic mapping of the ocean floor will begin sometime next year if all goes as planned. With the new technologies available since the last time the Outer Continental Shelf was mapped (over 30 years ago), most experts expect vast reservoirs to be found - quite possibly more than BOEM has estimated.
This new Jefferson Institute study,Oil and Gas Potential Off Virginia's Coast, makes a strong case that we should produce these reserves in a sensible and environmentally responsible manner.
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Lower Levels of Key Nutrients in Women
- Low Cancer Risk With Device Used to Remove Fibroids, Study Finds
- Mammogram Rates May Fall When Women Learn of 'Overdiagnosis' Risk
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Mercury in Seafood May Raise Risk of Autoimmune Diseases in Women: Study
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- The many jobs a job can co
- Did Dakota Johnson's ISIS parody cross a line? (+video)
- DHS funding fight gives voice to Republicans' growing pragmatist fringe
- How can we prevent the next 'Jihadi John'? (+video)
- Obama: 'I loved Spock' (+video)
- Netanyahu speech to Congress: Low point in Israel-US relationship?
- Electricians dangle in outer space to retrofit the ISS
- Wisconsin's Walker admits flip on immigration
- CCTV video may show missing British girls in Istanbul (+video)
- Major Supreme Court challenge threatens to gut Obamacare (+video)
- Obama-Netanyahu relations never promised happily-ever-after
- Iraq state TV: Operation to retake Tikrit begins
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Ferguson News Guide: US to make Ferguson announcements soon
- Los Angeles police kill man in struggle captured on video
- Ukraine's leader urges peacekeeping mission for the east
- First Look: Samsung gets a lot right with new S6 phones
- Dot-com deja vu: Nasdaq closes in on its record high
- Construction picks back up, but it's a different gig now
- Dearth of jobs a barrier to post-bankruptcy Detroit's growth
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- January 23, 2015 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of <em>Salmonella<em> Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean...
- December 16, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- December 4, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- November 24, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Worst Things to Buy in Bulk
- Small Business Success Story: A Barber on the Cutting Edge
- A Tax Break for Going Gluten-Free?
- Warren Buffett's Best Dividend Stocks
- 7 Tax Breaks for College Costs
- 4 Places That Will Actually Pay You to Live There
- How to Cut Smartphone Costs
- An Attractive Time to Invest in TIPS
- How an Obamacare Error Made Your Taxes Even More Complicated
- How Much Money Does the Tooth Fairy Leave at Your House?
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections