VNS sent a constituent query, (not as the media) on June 2 asking 2nd District Rep. Scott Rigell on June 2 to give a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer to whether he would cosponsor H.R. 2959 - the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013 - no rhetoric just a simple answer. Rigell replied with a standard 2-page congressional form, irrelevant BS letter, consisting of 263-words - and would not answer the question. (See original story)
Then on June 23, VNS send an official media query to Kim Mosser, Rigell’s communications director: Restating: “Simple Yes or No answer - no explanation wanted:
A.Will Rigell 1). Support H.R. 2959 and 2). Will he co-sponsor H.R. 2959?
B.Will he oppose H.R. 4783? Yes or No?
Mz. Mosser answered finally on July 15 that Rigell is now a cosponsor of National Right to Carry bill.
Somehow she didn’t understand the question on H.R.4783 (https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/4783) a trojan horse bill entitled “Promoting Healthy Minds for Safer Communities Act of 2014” but in fact an bill aimed at gun control. It is described by the National Rifle Association (See: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2014/6/ask-your-us-rep-to-oppose-wide-ranging-gun-control-bill-hr-4783.aspx) as a wide-ranging gun control bill.
Mz. Mosser didn’t seem to understand VNS’ questions as to whether Rigell would hide behind the bill’s lofty title and oppose it. We’ll have to write him again. Maybe if you're interested, you can write him also.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Viriginia News Source Columnist
It's good that you are reporting this morning that Congressman Louie Gohmert and his companions came under fire from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande on Friday night; but, how much effort would it take to connect the dots to Obama's FastandFurious weapon sales to the Mexican drug cartels?
Of the 2,200 high caliber weapons sold by the DoJ's BATF to the Mexican drug cartels, a number of the weapons were the uber-destructive 50 caliber rifles used to fire at the Gohmert party. What did everyone think the drug cartels would do with all that firepower, hang them on the wall with plaques attesting to Obama's treachery?
Obama wanted chaos on the Mexican border with the Fast and Furious sales and we're getting it.
by By Maureen Scott
He acts in the most hateful, spiteful, malevolent, vindictive ways in order to manipulate and maintain power and control over others.
Perhaps, because, as a child, he grew up harboring an abiding bitterness toward the U.S. that was instilled in him by his family and mentors…it seems to have never left him.
Rather it is the blackness that fills his soul and the hollowness in his heart where there should be abiding pride and love for this country.
Think: Have we ever heard Obama speak lovingly of the U.S. or its people, with deep appreciation and genuine respect for our history, our customs, our sufferings and our blessings?
Click below to read rest of one of the most damning and articulate characterizations of the man known as Barack Obama - a blight on all America and its values - click here for rest of the essay:
By Fred Barnes - Alexandria, Va.
Special to VNS
The biggest ObamaCare fight in the country is ruffling the politics of Virginia. The issue is whether the state should expand Medicaid to 400,000 more Virginians, as President Obama's health-care law prescribes. Gov. Terry McAuliffe, the pal of the Clintons and a former Democratic National Committee chairman, is committed to expansion; Republican House Speaker Bill Howell is opposed.
Though the struggle is far from over, Mr. Howell has the upper hand, and Mr. McAuliffe is increasingly exasperated. He's been outsmarted at every turn by Mr. Howell, whose maneuvers should be a lesson for foes of enlarging Medicaid in other states where it's still an issue.
Under ObamaCare, the federal government would pay 100% of the Medicaid expansion for three years, then 90% until 2022. Mr. Howell estimates the expansion will cost Virginia $40 million to $50 million in administrative expenses even when Washington supposedly is paying 100%. When that dips to 90%, another $200 million to $250 million will be added to the state's annual tab. Also, the percentages-100% and 90%-are nationwide.
Are Republicans shooting themselves in the foot by being such a closed party?
And are the Democrats ‘buying’ ’pseudo’ Libertarians to be spoiler candidates, not just in VA but in other states, where races between Republicans and Democrats are close?
Seems there is evidence Republicans are playing right into the ‘underhands’ of Democrats.
As ‘Howlin’ Henry Howell used to say, “There’s more going around in the dark than Santa Claus, and hanky-panky is its name!”
Now days it is ‘can’t win’ political candidates jumping into races as Libertarians, siphoning off the enough marginal votes of low information voters, to help underdog Democrats win.
Our U.S. Constitution defines what the federal government is authorized to do, including maintain a navy which is needed to protect the landlocked states. But, a federal standing army was not authorized. Why? Because each state had its own militia.
The Second Amendment states “A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
“Free state” refers to the sovereignty of individual states. Not only was the citizen militia to protect the states against a foreign power, but against any federal forces as well. Well armed citizens performed exercises keeping ready at a moment’s notice.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Unless I miss my guess, would the missiles being fired at an Israeli nuclear facility today be some of the 20,000 shoulder-fired, anti-aircraft missiles once owned by Libya's Gadhafi before Obama decided that Gadhafi had to go to that big dictatorship in the sky? See: http://www.infowars.com/hamas-just-attempted-to-create-a-horrific-nuclear-disaster-in-the-heart-of-israel/
You know the ones. The missiles that were all seized by Islamists, bandits and opportunists when the Gadhafi regime fell. I'll bet that Gadhafi felt pretty silly as he lay dying when he thought about having given-up his nukes years ago.
Who would have thought that the blood suckers in America would elect a Kenyan TWICE to lead the world's greatest country down the primrose path to oblivion?
How many of those previously Gadhafi-owned missiles have made it into the USA?
I'll bet that you're absolutely correct when you tell me that Janet Napalitano declared that the US / Mexican border is "safer than its ever been."
Yep, no missiles being humped across by Mexican drug cartels and Iranian Quds units. I certainly have to believe you! :-(
Don't be too concerned. Your US Border agents are busy protecting the border by changing the diapers of those 250,000 Central American children ridden with third world diseases that the Kenyan invited to America.
I guess that you've heard that 40% of the incoming kindergarten class in Virginia'sFairfaxCounty in September will not speak a lick of English? Do I hear a collective gasp out there?
Please repeat in unison, "Thank you, Mr. President!"
Quote OF THE DAY
"One of the curious aspects of the Tea Party’s emergence during the past four years is the extent to which the mainstream media have fostered the idea that this political phenomenon represents a kind of radicalism. Certainly, some politicians of the so-called Tea Party have tossed out ideas and expressions that have been silly and warped. Does that mean, though, that the Tea Party, as a broad political movement, is radical?
"The answer is no. The Tea Party is a reactive movement, aimed at protecting the political mainstream from radical ideas, initiatives and policies of the left. Indeed, a review of American politics over, say, the last 50 years reveals that, to the extent America has been grappling with radicalism, it has been coming from the left. Then, as these ideas have gained traction through the agitations of the country’s liberal establishment, that establishment promptly labels those who resist as radicals."
~ Robert W. Merry, Political Editor, The National Interest
- mifepristone, Mifeprex
- Women Less Likely to Get Kidney Dialysis Than Men, Study Finds
- terconazole, Terazol, Zazole
- Why Aren't There Sex Drugs for Women?
- Urinary Prosthetic Device for Women Approved
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Health Tip: Wearing High Heels
- Fallujah: The commander US Marines followed without question
- Microsoft to release a new version of Office for Macs
- Did Mary Landrieu just insult the entire South? Actually, kinda.
- Is bagging an asteroid the best way to get to Mars?
- Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo crashes in desert. Here's what we know. (+video)
- How a guerilla artist is transforming Chicago's potholes
- 10 best books of November, according to Amazon
- Will a satanic coloring book be distributed to Florida school children?
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1' trailer shows a lot of action
- Ebola quarantine: why judge sided with nurse Kaci Hickox (+video)
- Spacecraft for tourists explodes on test flight
- Judge rejects attempt to isolate nurse
- Ashes from Ebola victim's apartment in limbo
- Early votes exceed 15 million _ but who benefits?
- Mexico police questioned in killing of 3 Americans
- Analysis: In Syria, no good options for West
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Military sex survey draws complaints
- 2 arrested as people flock to Hawaii lava
- After murder suspect is caught, a sigh of relief
- Gas falling under $3 nationwide: What to know
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Don't Fall for This Walmart Mystery Shopper Scam
- Secrets of the Millionaire Next Door
- States Are Lowering Their Estate Taxes to Lure Retirees
- 6 Dividend Stocks With Above-Average Yields
- Best Cruises, Airlines, and Booking Sites for Your Travel Dollar
- Turn Your House Into a Rental Property
- 8 Stocks to Sell Now to Harvest the Tax Loss
- 5 Underperforming S&P Stocks to Buy Now
- Dodge Annoying Overdraft Fees
- 8 Telecom Stocks With Big Dividend Yields
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections