By Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
The Manchurian Candidate was a 1962 Cold War movie featuring Frank Sinatra, Janet Leigh, Lawrence Harvey, and Angela Lansbury. A squad of Army soldiers were captured in Korea and taken to Manchuria for brainwashing. That accomplished, they were released back into the American lines. Back in the States their mission was to install a communist sympathizer in the oval office.
In 2008 we elected a real Manchurian Candidate. In 2012 we reelected that same community organizer to our oval office. Why? The answer is found in Rules for Radicals. Barack Obama was trained in the Saul Alinsky method for overthrowing a government, picked by George Soros for political office, and embraced by the ill-informed and people who hate America.
by Catherine Crabill - Special to VNS
It is not unusual for me to wake nearly every night at around 3:00 a.m. It is not unusual for me to lay awake for hours pondering all that is happening in the world from an ongoing study of the geopolitical in light of the spiritual.
What was unusual, the night before Thanksgiving, was what I can only describe as a download of the urgency and immediacy of the terror that lay in store for us.
I saw all of these pieces come together, the smuggling of tens, if not, hundreds of thousands of islamic terrorists into our country, the billions of rounds of hollow point bullets and firearms given to EVERY branch of our government. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
But, they're still not at home plate, far from it.
When will our city leaders accept that there is a new set of the "The Facts of Life?"
Unlike the Israelis who all perform mandatory military service, only 1% of our general population is exposed to military service.
What does that mean in today's reality of ISIS targeting our military personnel and their dependents here at home? It means that you can't put M-16's in the hands of school teachers and expect them to deal with an active shooter threatening their class.
Our politicians must extract their craniums from their posteriors and recognize that we MUST PLACE COMBAT EXPERIENCED, HEAVILY ARMEDGUARDS IN OUR SCHOOLS. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the column]
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
The federal Constitution is not a contract between the states and the federal government, but rather a contract between the states, in which they created an agent, the federal government, to carry out NOT enter into a position of unlimited subordination to the federal government, but ceded only certain enumerated and defined powers, reserving to it and to the people, all other rights and powers.
As Thomas Jefferson said, “The general government, created by this compact, was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the extent of the powers delegated to itself, since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself the measure of the general government’s administration or maladministration of the delegated powers." [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story]
By Tom Holmes - Special to Virginia News Source
Once again, innocent people have been sacrificed to the false god, “Political Correctness,” its prophets of “Accommodation,” “Appeasement” and “Containment” having done their jobs nicely. For the second time this year, France has bled and mourned, the result of the failed policies of the European Union, United Nations, and the Obama Administration to accept and address the true nature of the threat posed to Western Civilization by Islam.
As France bled, “Dear Leader” addressed the American people with a pained expression, not necessarily entirely out of sympathy, but rather one also caused by having to eat his words uttered only a few hours earlier that ISIS had been contained. His failed Middle East policy and his lack of leadership now suddenly loom as his presidential legacies. Oh, and include Hillary Clinton as part of this failure. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
by Ira White - VNS Columnist
I'M PREJUDICED. There I said it, but I am not unique since everyone is. No, I'm not talking racism. If I was racist for an aversion to urban black gangstas or the divisiveness of Obama, why would I have black friends and Ben Carson on my presidential list?
A closer look reveals that most prejudice is first about culture. It is an integral part of human nature. Why? Because it allows us the security of innate family and cultural ties. In fact, most prejudice is harmless preference and simply provides comfort zones in social interaction. The family itself is the most important aspect of this. It provides the greatest security, intimacy, and shared support to survive and thrive through life and its challenges. That's why we favor our families and that, I believe, was God's utmost intention. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of story]
by Sue VNS Columnist
A majority of Americans think there is a war on police according to a September 3, 2015, Rasmussen Reports poll. It is increasingly apparent that the goal is to establish a national militia – or barring that, establish federal governmental control over local law enforcement.
Why is this so important? A national militia is the hallmark of a dictatorship. And, since we have not had one in America, we are unique in the world and a deciding factor in the freedoms we have enjoyed. It is imperative that we keep control of our law enforcement at the local level. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
In strongest of language, Obama said French killings were 'bad, bad, bad!"
President Barack Obama didn't minice words: Commenting on the attacks that occurred Friday in Paris, Obama counterattacked in the strongest of language calling the acts ‘really bad.’ He hinted he would even consider ‘hitting’ ISIS with his purse in support of the French people. “We must strike back,” he said.
He told the French president that the killing would have been worse if the French hadn’t had such tough anti-gun measures against its citizens in effect. “Can you imagine the carnage if your people had weapons and could have shot back, defending themselves?” he said in a statement to the French president.
Fighting back with private weapons could have killed many more people, Obama said. But declining to call the killers ISIS terrorists for fear of offending his Muslim brotherhood buddies, Obama suggested France should pass strict laws prohibiting terror attacks, like it has on private weapons. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
- Criminal buzzards finally circling Mayor Will Sessoms over Conflict of Interest
- VNS’ endorsements in Tuesday’s election
- Constitutional limits to our government that the president and Congress ignores
- Does Integrity Matter?
- The lies of Hillary about role in Benghazi massacre!
- European Socialism - False Economy Coming to Amerika? Nyet!
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Breast Cancer Gene Might Lower Women's Fertility: Study
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Study Links Green Spaces to Longer Lives for Women
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment
- Athens finds vibrancy can revive before economy does
- Would Carly Fiorina boost Ted Cruz in California?
- China steps up fight against foreign influence with new NGO law
- China accelerates tougher vehicle emission standards
- Baltimore police shoot teen with fake gun: Does that happen often?
- TSA's 'gross mismanagement' persists at cost of safety, employees say
- Can Carly Fiorina deliver Indiana for Ted Cruz?
- Decreasing ocean oxygen levels could be catastrophic, scientists say
- AI upgrade from MIT, Northeastern gets NASA robot ready for space
- 'Far and Away' lets readers travel the world with Andrew Solomon
- The Latest: Biden visits Irbil, Iraq
- Casualties mount from bombardment in Syria's largest city
- AP EXPLAINS: A look at the Syrian city of Aleppo
- Clinton backers 'feel the Bern' of angry Sanders supporters
- Former Speaker Boehner calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the flesh'
- Tracking the flow of guns used in crime is inexact science
- Reports: Prescription drugs found with Prince at death scene
- South Korea: Suspected midrange North Korean missiles fail
- Ohio massacre: 1 family, 8 dead, hundreds of tips, 0 answers
- The Latest: US says attacks on Syria's Aleppo were 'immoral'
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Best Careers for the Next 10 Years
- Best Low-Volatility Stocks for the Next Bear Market
- 9 Easy Ways to Save Money on Next Year's Tax Bill
- 7 Reasons Your House Isn't Selling -- and Price Isn't One of Them
- 4 Keys to Reaching Your Lifetime Financial Goals
- Why You Should Buy and Hold Exxon Stock for the Dividend, Long-Term Growth
- 6 Keys to Successful Investing
- Estate Planning Advice Inspired by Prince
- Utility Stocks for Steady Dividends
- 5 Fun Ways to Teach Kids About Money