by Chris Braunlich
Vice President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy and a member of the Virginia State Board of Education
One American leader claimed that incoming immigrants were too stupid to learn English and represented a political threat to America, noting that the newcomers "will soon so outnumber us" that "even our Government will become precarious." And he complained of the immigrants' "swarthy complexion," which, he said, was an affront to the "purely white people" of America.
Benjamin Franklin's concerns about the Germans immigrating to Pennsylvania demonstrate that the debate over immigration is nothing new. Even the nation's Founders have been among those using overheated language, whom history has proven wrong.
RICHMOND - - On Sunday, January 19th at the Confederate War Memorial Chapel - the Lee-Jackson Camp #1 - in conjunction with the Virginia Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans, will hold a Remembrance Service for Gen Robert E. Lee, CSA on the 207th anniversary of his birth in the 2,014th Year of our Lord.
The service will be held at the Confederate War Memorial Chapel(2900 Grove Ave)., on the grounds of the Robert E. Lee Confederate Memorial Park in Richmond at 1:30 p.m.
After the service the Southern Battle Abbey/Confederate Memorial Institute(VHS) will be open to view their displays of Confederate art and Old Soldiers Home memorabilia.
David Palmer, in character as Gen Lee, will share his characterization of the man that was Robert E Lee.
Please inform other compatriots of this event.
Support the Chapel:
Friends of the Confederate War Memorial Chapel
2900 Grove Ave
Richmond, VA 23255-1256
Thomas Jefferson's powerful points in the Declaration of Independence also declares the Obama government as uniquely destructive – defying truths, ethics, honesty, laws and the Constitution.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
“Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government." - Thomas Jefferson
"Implicit in structure, in the very idea of ordered liberty, was a rejection of absolute truth...that might lock future generations into a single unalterable course." - Barack Obama
Jefferson's listed grievances in the Declaration also mirror dissent of the Obama government.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance":
by Sue Long
To the Editor,
There is a growing movement to call for a Convention of the States (COS,) also known as a constitutional convention, in order to add amendments to our Constitution, citing Article V as the authority to do so. Their argument is that since we can’t trust Congress to do the right thing, we should have delegates from the states get together to alter our Constitution.
At the 1787 constitutional convention, we had George Washington, George Mason and their ilk. Who do we have today? Who is representing us Virginians?
Bill Howell appointed those attending the first COS get-together on December 7th.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
VNS Anti-Jihad Editor
I sure hope that the FBI puts its best and brightest young talents on this coming Pakistani caper, (see: Jihad Watch) like the agent who interrogated Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
I'll bet the interrogation went something like this: "Mr. Tsarnaev, what did you do to Russian intelligence to make them think that you are a terrorist?" "I have no idea, except that they must be racists!" "Well, that certainly makes sense to me!" "Case dismissed!"
by Ira White - Portsmouth
THIS IS WHERE IT'S GOING
The debate regarding same-sex marriage and morality is not an isolated one. It has also become relevant on the issues of polygamy and pedophilia which are riding the same wave of justification and legal activism. While redefining universal values recognized for millennia by civil society, they also seek to erode democracy itself by overthrowing the voice of a majority through the dictates of amoral minorities and arbitrary court rulings.
This is evident in its effects on the bipartisan Defense of Marriage Act, California's majority referendum Proposition 8, and Utah's long-standng polygamy laws.
Such relevant and crucial values are clearly defined in I Corinthians 6:9-10 and I Timothy 1:10 – sexual immorality, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves, slave traders, liars, perjurers. Though most of us have been guilty of at least one to some degree, one thing differentiates homosexuality.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
VNS Anti-Jihad Columnist
Call me seriously old school; but, when I keep seeing US servicemen blown apart by IED's and attacks on US installations resulting in deaths of our men, I regard the Afghan Taliban as the enemy. (See: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/12/afghanistan-over-500-taliban-prisoners-released-from-jails.html).
And, like the Obama administration, I don't want to fight them. I want to wipe them out. Kind of like what they did to the carrier pigeons and the Japanese to end WWII. If a photograph of the last member of the Taliban known to have lived were finally published, I'd have a copy framed in fine hardwood and hung in my office. And, if Hamid Karzai somehow perished in the final battle, would that be a bad thing?
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
VNS Anti-Jihadist Columnist
If you don't think that you'll never hear the declaration, "If you like your religion, you can keep it. Period,"
you're kidding yourself.
Obama and his ilk are heading this country down the same path as the countries featured in "Jihad Watch."
Talk to some of the people running our public schools about their decisions and you'll walk away wondering what planet they were raised on, let alone what country! The kids in grammar school are being indoctrinated to accept the violent religion of Islam just like Goebbels would have done.
- Army Mass Murderer 'Flavor of the Month?"
- Islam is a Religion of Peace? You're joking right?
- Will Gov.-Elect "MsGrafty" McAulliffe make our kids dumber?
- Make Obama's actions a Class 1 Felony starting at the local level
- U.S. going to hell in a handbasket
- Obama's diplomatic mis-ques has ticked off America's allies
- FDA Experts Debate Timing of Pap Test
- FDA Panel Recommends HPV Test As Replacement for Pap Smear
- 2 Surgeries Work Equally Well for Female Incontinence, Study Finds
- Breast Anatomy
- Women Still Left Out of Medical Research: Report
- HPV Test
- Kegel Exercises for Women
- LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure)
- Menstrual Cramps
- Breast Augmentation
- Why 'stand your ground' bill isn't a sure thing in red state Georgia
- Fukushima radiation: Coming to a West Coast beach near you?
- Quiznos bankruptcy: Why only seven outlets affected
- Crimea vote: Five reasons why Putin's Ukraine case falls apart
- US Airways Flight 1702: What passengers say happened
- McDonald’s workers file lawsuit for ‘stolen’ wages
- 2011-2012 Dodge Charger recalled for overheating headlights
- Good Reads: From Syria’s stable center, to Julian Assange’s bio, to tech management
- Why Libya's promise of success never materialized
- A new great Irish emigration, this time of the educated
- Indian search finds no trace of Malaysian plane
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- 10 Things to Know: This Week's Takeaways
- Russian propaganda war in full swing over Ukraine
- 2 dead in shootout in eastern Ukraine
- Obama touts overhaul of rules on who gets overtime
- Obama seeks to stay neutral in CIA-Senate spat
- Kenyan police must stop terror hits on tiny budget
- Lawsuits over cash seizures settled in Nevada
- RNC chairman: Primary changes will rebuild GOP
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- 9 Companies Poised to Ride the Energy Boom
- Fracking Boom Spells New Tech Investments
- Doubling Retirement-Savings Plan Contributions
- There's No Place Like a Medical Home
- 10 Reasons You're Still Broke
- Family Finances Advice From Around the Web
- Fund Investors Reveal Their Lousy Timing
- Which Tax Software Is Best for You?
- Who Can Contribute to a Roth IRA?
- Who Can Contribute to a Roth IRA?
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections