Starting with the misleading mantra on Women's Health, this new flowchart leads Pro-Choice rhetoric to its obvious conclusions – undermining their arguments based on documented medical evidence and human rights. Click Here to View
Ira White - Portsmouth
The Virginia Beach GOP through good sense and judgement refused to allow 2nd District Cong. Scott Rigell force it to commit political suicide by getting into the middle of a Jew v. Jew battle over free speech at its most recent city committee meeting.
But it didn’t prevent a serious issue of racism from rearing its head as a practice by several members of the party’s membership. The party was told: Consider GOP members’ racist attacks on 2 black members if i considered the Jew v. Jew issue.
After Chuck Smith, lawyer, former GOP chairman and political candidate told the meeting of the numerous times the ’n-word’ was displayed to me on cell phone screens and he was called a ‘token’ by Bruce Meyer, Virignia Beach Sheriff Ken Stolle, the GOP’s parliamentarian, said if such acts were done, provable, without any action being taken, he would resign from the party. Former chair Kenny Golden said he got involved and dealt with the issue privately. But it still isn’t clear if it was resolved satisfactorily.
But i t temporarily distracted from discussion of the Jew issue.
To the Editor,
The U S Constitution is a contract signed by the states limiting the national government to a few and limited enumerated powers, which should be interpreted as to the original intent. If you buy something and sign a contract as to the payments, you don’t expect the terms to be changed later on. So it is with our Constitution.
But that has been greatly undermined by decisions of the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Marshall made a ruling basically that the federal government can do anything the Constitution does not specifically bar it from doing. That would translate to it doesn’t say that the government can’t dictate where you live, therefore it can.
by Bill in Tennessee
Having grown up in the 1950s and 60s, I was witness to the Civil Rights marches, the Vietnam protests, and just about every kind of protest known to man, or so I thought at the time. The Vietnam War protests did something I'm sure the protesters didn't intend... I joined the Marine Corps along with my brother, to serve my country. Just as our dad had done in WWII, he was a Navy corpsman with the Marines in the South Pacific.
The Civil Rights protests started out to gain equal opportunity for minorities...it ended up in the very unequal Affirmative Action laws and LBJ turning minorities into a special project that goes on to this day.
But the protest that got my attention today is the strange one going on (yes, again) in Ferguson, MO. Protests no longer seem to be about noble causes like ending war (fat chance!) or equal rights; today they seem to be about goofballs that ended up at the wrong end of a gun through their own bad and/or stupid decisions.
By Ira White
VNS Contributor - Portsmouth
BY ITS REAL NAME
We've all heard the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger."
Unfortunately there's been a lot of that going on recently, mostly by activists and their lawyers. They shoot messengers for hanging the US flag outside their homes, displaying the 10 Commandments on public property, sticking In God We Trust banners on police cars, or speaking as pastors and military chaplains about morality and sin. To name a few. Problem is those good people didn't make this stuff up... they're just the messengers.
Fact is the liberal and legal combatants can't shoot a heritage and song about The Star-Spangled Banner, the best-selling book in the world, a national motto stamped on our currency and government buildings, or the profound teachings of a guy named Jesus.
Retired Navy Commander and Beach resident Tom Holmes has sent a letter to the beach council urging approval of offshore drilling of Virginia’s coast.
Holmes, a native of the oil patch in Mississippi, told council Virginia Beach’s economy needs the benefit the oil drilling economy would bring.
“Do not allow Wilmington, Charleston, or Savannah to beat us to the punch. It is hoped that you, too, will realize the benefit of Virginia Beach becoming the focal point for this effort. I would appreciate a reply from you prior to the closed council meeting on August 18, in which your position on this issue is given.” Read Holmes complete letter to the city council:
By Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Here’s what happened while you were sleeping January 1st. These taxes were all passed in Obama’s Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare.
by Larry Henry
Are you caught out in the storm?
76% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. 14.5% live below the poverty level. Our recession never ended. Both parties are to blame. President Obama covets socialism. Boehner and McConnell covet power and wealth.
John Kerry’s 4 months in Vietnam was a bad joke. Three purple hearts for minor injuries brought on by his personal incompetence. Kerry shot civilians. He lied before Congress about Vietnam, about himself, and about Jane Fonda. They were a disgrace in 1968. They’re both a disgrace still today.
- Blood will be on council's hands if they fail to protect city for light rail
- Prosecute criminal activity of Planned Parenthood
- The Morons are loose!
- Politicians need to step up to the plate and take maggot Muslim terrorism seriously
- Beach Council should withdraw approval of moque in the city
- No Light Rail - Tell City Council
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Women's Health
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- Cardiac Concerns Not High on Women's Lists: Survey
- Pregnant and Got the Blues? Get More Exercise to Protect Your Health
- Finding balance in the politics of fear
- Opinion: Five prerequisites for war against ISIS
- Can Jeb Bush rise again? Look to Florida for clues.
- Weather-related disasters on the rise, says UN report
- With graphic video, Chicago police and activists ask: How much transparency?
- Chicago police officer charged in shooting death of black teenager
- Scientists hold their ground against Rep. Smith's NOAA subpoena
- Bestselling books the week of 11/24/15, according to IndieBound*
- Kentucky restores voting rights for 170,000 ex-cons, joining national trend
- Why aren't electric car sales in the US any higher?
- Obama and Hollande pledge solidarity against Islamic State
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
- The Latest: Russia pilot killed by groundfire in Syria
- Official: Paris attacks organizer was planning more carnage
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at police protest
- Chicago officer charged with murder in killing of black teen
- Thanksgiving travel 2015: Cheap gas but fears of terrorism
- Tunisia declares state of emergency after bus blast kills 12
- APNewsBreak: Emails reveal Coke's role in anti-obesity group
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 10 Things to Be Thankful For
- Advice to the Sandwich Generation: Make Sure Your Financial Plan Is Sound
- Things Not to Keep In Your Wallet During Holidays
- Best Black Friday Deals at Costco
- 3 Great Web Sites for Organizing Estate-Planning Documents
- Great Places to Retire in Every State
- Best Black Friday Deals at Best Buy
- Lower Your Taxable Income
- Best Black Friday Deals at Walmart
- Tax Audit Red Flags