By Larry Henry VNS Columnist & Tennesse Patriot
Uncle Sam, betrayed, beaten, and robbed by Congress, is being forced to the Poor Farm. Lady Liberty, used and abused by the White House, bows her head in shame.
The socialist Democrats, Commander Zero, and the RINO Republicans are all guilty.
The time has come to rescue our Republic. Article 5 of the Constitution affords us a legal procedure.
Two thirds of the 50 States may convene a Constitutional convention to stop the malignant growth and tyranny of our Federal Government. Constitutional changes must be ratified by three quarters of the 50 States.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Were you as perplexed as I was about the news clip that ran on Friday, 10 Jan 14, about the FBI going to Russia to assist the Russians in securing the Winter Olympics from terror attacks?
There has already been substantial violence within Russia with terror bombings aimed at slowing down international attendance at the games and embarrassing the Putin-led government . One would suppose that more bombings, some suicidal, are planned for the games. It’s all being orchestrated by Southern Baptists, right?
So, why is the FBI being invited in?
The Russians showed in the run-up to the Boston Marathon terror attack that they are pretty capable when it comes to identifying terrorists. Didn’t the Russians notify the FBI twice that the elder Tsarnaev brother was a terrorist and should be dealt with? Didn’t the FBI follow-up by sending one of their crack agents to “interview” the elder Tsarnaev and pronounce him sound as the US dollar? Bad analogy, I know. So a Russian anti-terror group who can identify a Muslim terrorist living in Boston, MA, feels the need to invite the FBI to “assist” them in their anti-terror efforts inside Russia? Yep, this sounds like a set-up doesn’t it?
by Chris Braunlich
Vice President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy and a member of the Virginia State Board of Education
One American leader claimed that incoming immigrants were too stupid to learn English and represented a political threat to America, noting that the newcomers "will soon so outnumber us" that "even our Government will become precarious." And he complained of the immigrants' "swarthy complexion," which, he said, was an affront to the "purely white people" of America.
Benjamin Franklin's concerns about the Germans immigrating to Pennsylvania demonstrate that the debate over immigration is nothing new. Even the nation's Founders have been among those using overheated language, whom history has proven wrong.
Thomas Jefferson's powerful points in the Declaration of Independence also declares the Obama government as uniquely destructive – defying truths, ethics, honesty, laws and the Constitution.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
“Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government." - Thomas Jefferson
"Implicit in structure, in the very idea of ordered liberty, was a rejection of absolute truth...that might lock future generations into a single unalterable course." - Barack Obama
Jefferson's listed grievances in the Declaration also mirror dissent of the Obama government.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance":
by Sue Long
To the Editor,
There is a growing movement to call for a Convention of the States (COS,) also known as a constitutional convention, in order to add amendments to our Constitution, citing Article V as the authority to do so. Their argument is that since we can’t trust Congress to do the right thing, we should have delegates from the states get together to alter our Constitution.
At the 1787 constitutional convention, we had George Washington, George Mason and their ilk. Who do we have today? Who is representing us Virginians?
Bill Howell appointed those attending the first COS get-together on December 7th.
RICHMOND - - On Sunday, January 19th at the Confederate War Memorial Chapel - the Lee-Jackson Camp #1 - in conjunction with the Virginia Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans, will hold a Remembrance Service for Gen Robert E. Lee, CSA on the 207th anniversary of his birth in the 2,014th Year of our Lord.
The service will be held at the Confederate War Memorial Chapel(2900 Grove Ave)., on the grounds of the Robert E. Lee Confederate Memorial Park in Richmond at 1:30 p.m.
After the service the Southern Battle Abbey/Confederate Memorial Institute(VHS) will be open to view their displays of Confederate art and Old Soldiers Home memorabilia.
David Palmer, in character as Gen Lee, will share his characterization of the man that was Robert E Lee.
Please inform other compatriots of this event.
Support the Chapel:
Friends of the Confederate War Memorial Chapel
2900 Grove Ave
Richmond, VA 23255-1256
by Ira White - Portsmouth
THIS IS WHERE IT'S GOING
The debate regarding same-sex marriage and morality is not an isolated one. It has also become relevant on the issues of polygamy and pedophilia which are riding the same wave of justification and legal activism. While redefining universal values recognized for millennia by civil society, they also seek to erode democracy itself by overthrowing the voice of a majority through the dictates of amoral minorities and arbitrary court rulings.
This is evident in its effects on the bipartisan Defense of Marriage Act, California's majority referendum Proposition 8, and Utah's long-standng polygamy laws.
Such relevant and crucial values are clearly defined in I Corinthians 6:9-10 and I Timothy 1:10 – sexual immorality, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves, slave traders, liars, perjurers. Though most of us have been guilty of at least one to some degree, one thing differentiates homosexuality.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
VNS Anti-Jihad Columnist
Call me seriously old school; but, when I keep seeing US servicemen blown apart by IED's and attacks on US installations resulting in deaths of our men, I regard the Afghan Taliban as the enemy. (See: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/12/afghanistan-over-500-taliban-prisoners-released-from-jails.html).
And, like the Obama administration, I don't want to fight them. I want to wipe them out. Kind of like what they did to the carrier pigeons and the Japanese to end WWII. If a photograph of the last member of the Taliban known to have lived were finally published, I'd have a copy framed in fine hardwood and hung in my office. And, if Hamid Karzai somehow perished in the final battle, would that be a bad thing?
- FBI can't say words, "Muslim Jihad!"
- The lies of our leaders? You'll keep only what he wants you to keep!
- Army Mass Murderer 'Flavor of the Month?"
- Islam is a Religion of Peace? You're joking right?
- Will Gov.-Elect "MsGrafty" McAulliffe make our kids dumber?
- Make Obama's actions a Class 1 Felony starting at the local level
Quote OF THE DAY
"Voters cannot hold officials responsible if they do not know what government is doing, or which parts of government are doing what. Given that 20 percent thinks the sun revolves around the Earth, it is unsurprising that a majority is unable to locate major states such as New York on a map. Usually only 30 percent of Americans can name their two senators. The average American expends more time becoming informed about choosing a car than choosing a candidate. But, then, the consequences of the former choice are immediate and discernible."
~ George Will
- Turner Syndrome
- FDA Warns Against Procedure for Uterine Fibroids
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- New Review Suggests Benefits of Annual Mammograms Are Overstated
- Breast Lumps (In Women)
- Menstrual Cramps
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Yeast Infection Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- Could the HPV Test Replace the Pap Test?
- Prayers for peace and progress on Boston's Marathon Day
- General Mills' U-turn: OK, you can sue us
- Nevada range war: Western states move to take over federal land
- Malaysian airliner lands safely after tire bursts
- Former army general favorite in Egyptian presidential race
- Chevrolet tips hat to rival Ford
- 'Transcendence' proves no match for 'Captain America'
- 420 festival: How far and fast could legal marijuana spread? (+video)
- Malaysia Flight 370 relatives not ready to talk money amid ongoing search
- Do West Bank Israelis, Palestinians live under different set of laws?
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Kids get codeine in ER despite risks, guidelines
- On eve of marathon, festivities and tight security
- Boston race makes room for those affected by bombs
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest disaster
- Cuba home woes endure despite real-estate reform
- Sharks take 2-0 series lead with 7-2 win vs. Kings
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- April 9, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- How Parents Are Teaching Kids About Money
- 6 Ways to Save Money on Summer Flights to Europe
- When a Spouse Inherits an IRA
- What Federal Deposit Insurance Covers
- What to Do With a Damaged Smart Phone
- Dividends from Berkshire? Not on Buffett's Watch
- Don't Bet Against Warren Buffett
- Saving for Retirement Advice From Around the Web
- New Fed Chief, New Unemployment Approach
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 20s
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections