by John Kutcha Jr.
A "National Concealed Carry Program?" That sounds good; but, not with the FEDS running it.
Call me reactionary or ill-tempered (my wife does) but I don't believe that I want Eric Holder knowing where all the civilian, American gun owners are living. As daddy would have said, "Thanks, but no thanks!"
The only cure for this gun grabbing hysteria is for federal gun confiscation patrols to experience 35-40% casualty rates when they come to visit.
Frankly, I keep hoping that all my RRR letters to Obama will prompt Holder to lead the first patrol to my place. That puts a smile on my face and Holder in a place where a demon is stuffing hot coals down his throat 24 / 7, 365 forever!
I'm done. Like I told poker playing buddies in my oilfield days, "Throw down, Obama, show me what ya' got!"
We appreciate your crusading efforts to expose tyranny and talk about things that the Pilot won't.
Nevertheless, today is Sunday, the Lord's day.
Being conservatives, we your readers would like to conserve Christian values. We particularly want this on our sabbath.
Please don't publicize unnatural acts by evil fathers against their daughters. It gives people ideas. And do not use crude slang to describe such acts.
By the way, the Christian and legal term for homosexuality is sodomy. If you must refer to the sin of Sodom, please do so with restraint and use proper terminology.
by Michael W. Thompson
With the issue of transportation funding settled, it's time for serious tax reform that can grow our economy, provide more spending money for Virginians, and relieve businesses of some truly job-killing taxes. The results of tax reform can offset the job losses we face from cuts in the federal budget. Tax reform can be revenue neutral fashion and have dramatic impact on Virginia's economy.
You should do an expose on (Beach City Councilman and the Beach's representatives on the Hampton Roads Transportation Board) Jim Wood. He has no idea what he should be doing.
His background is having been a policeman and then working for his mother's construction company!
The general assembly should appoint business people to the board and leave off people like Jimmy!
Give me a break.
by Kenneth White, President
Mr. Chairman and members of the Board, my name is Glenda Cahoon and I live at 3227 Tye River Road, Tye River.
I am here to speak as a representative of the Virginia Taxpayers Association, and all the words I will read to you today were written by, and approved by Kenneth White, President of the Virginia Taxpayers Association.
Since the last regular monthly meeting of your Board, there has been a lot of discussion in the media on use of drones to spy on Americans, and as you know, both houses of the General Assembly, the Senate controlled by Democrats and the House of Delegates controlled by Republicans, have passed resolutions with comfortable margins declaring that drones shall not be used for two years by any state or local law enforcement agencies in Virginia except in cases of a special emergency.
You also know that the Charlottesville City Council will be voting shortly on a resolution favored by the city's mayor against the use of drones.
As you know, it was the Virginia Taxpayers Association that first brought to your attention months ago, before the present controversy, the projected unconstitutional use of 30,000 drones over the United States.
But your reaction has always been: "Ho-hum, who cares about the government spying on our every move, by car, on foot, in our living rooms, on our TV sets and our computers?"
Folks ... the chicken will come home to roost in Norfolk very soon, once the Federal subsidies for Norfolk's Light Rail expire and Norfolk taxpayers are on the hook for $11M a year to subsidize fares on The Tide light rail.
Mayor Fraim is deperate - in a panic - to get Light Rail into VA Beach - so the Beach Taxpayers can be placed on the hook to assume the annual cost of the city's subsidy - a 90% subsidy - to bribe riders to ride the VERY SLOW train.
Out of thin air a magic "Public-Private Partnership" appears as the 2 year Federal "New Start" funds run out on the Tide. Who is in the middle of this? Phil Shucet - the same gbuy who got $480K a year to take over HRT from the corrupt Mike Townes ... a guy given a Golden Parachute to simply go away - no trial.
Once the financial cancer of Light Rail crosses the border from Norfolk into VA Beach, the bail out of Norfolk will begin. Beware the Trojan Horse filled with a large sucking sound of Beach Tax Funds to bail out Norfolk ...
[Editor’s Note: The following exchange was the result of a FOIA request by Robert K. Dean, chairman of the Tidewater Libertarian Party (TLP) to Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) . The request for the information was made on March 7, 2013, and a reply was received by Dean on March 13, 2013.
These questions were raised as a result of two public meeting held by HRT to seek comments from Virginia Beach residents as to the possibility of running a light rail spot to and through the Hilltop shopping area.]
by Robert K. Dean
HRT stated that a contractor estimated a LTR cost of $807 million (exclusive of Laskin Road tie in).
What documentation on cost breakouts was submitted on this forecast to HRT? Please send an itemized breakout on each component of the proposed LTR cost.
In my opinion/observation Glenn Davis is a puppet for the Business Lobby ... and so too is Dennis Free.
As I recall, both are supporters of light rail and big government. Both support Crony Capitalism. It appears to me that the two of them believe 'Crony Capitalism' to be an appropriate use of government powers and the people's tax funds.
Both support "Regionalism". From where I sit, Red Flags are raised and clearly waving for all to see - if voters pay attention.
The "We, The People" grassroots taxpayers stuck paying for all this "government-controlled-by-business-lobby-fiat" spending and debt are in serious need of recruiting, fielding, and supporting alternatives on the ballot.
Otherwise we are simply going to continue the same steady march off the cliff that the business lobby is directing behind the scenes - and the media and city government are supporting with endless propaganda.
What is especially disturbing is the realization that the Virginia Beach Republican Party leadership and back room decision-makers are SUPPORTIVE of the Crony Capitalism and Regional agenda.
Even Governor McDonnell revealed his SUPPORT with his recent REGIONALISM empowerment bill he is boosting about - as the "legacy" of his administration (HB 2313).
Glenn Davis? Seriously? That is simply unacceptable.
Frank Wagner and Ron Villanueva need to go too.
Reid F. Greenmun
- Virginia Beach consider citizens' needs? Insane!
- Gov. McDonnell Under Attack by Conservatives in Iowa Ad
- Councilmen to hold taxpayers' Town Hall meeting March 13
- U.S. Government killing babies and trying to take our guns away
- Saudi money manipulating the conservatives?
- VA Taxpayers Assc. predicts Gov. McDonnell will lose 2016 Senate Race
- Texsport Recalls Cedar Lake Heater/Cookers Due to Fire Hazard
- Stride Rite Recalls Girl’s Sandals Due to Choking Hazard
- Salsa Cycles Recalls Bicycle Forks Due to Fall Hazard
- Country Life Recalls Target-Mins Iron Supplement Bottles Due to Lack of Child-Resistant Packaging
- Philips Recalls Metal Halide Lamps Due to Fire, Laceration Hazards
- Gerber Recalls Machetes with Stitched Sheaths Due to Laceration Hazard
- IKEA Recalls LYDA Jumbo Coffee/Tea Cups Due to Burn Hazard
- DiveAlert Emergency Signaling Devices Recalled by Ideations Due to Drowning Hazard
- Fred Meyer Recalls “Chicken Dance” Easter Chicks Due to Hearing Damage Hazard
- Teavana Recalls Glass Tea Tumblers Due To Laceration and Burn Hazards
- New Silicone Breast Implants Approved
- Women Better at Remembering Faces, Study Finds
- Pent-Up Stress Could Harm Health of Middle-Aged Women
- Can You Skip Antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection?
- Childhood Abuse Tied to Food Addiction in Women: Study
- Women's Weight-Loss Surgery May Benefit Later Offspring
- Women Less Likely to Get Trauma Center Care After Injury: Study
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Modern technology finds the lost city of Mahendraparvata
- Kate Middleton's royal baby might be worth $400 million (to the British economy)
- Revolutionary technique lets scientists 'see' with sound – underwater
- Kate Spade and eBay roll out a miracle of modern shopping
- Poisoned N.J. flight: Ranting man restrained by passengers
- N.J. flight: Man yells he'll be poisoned. Gets tackled, bound.
- Utah church shooting: 'Evil will not prevail,' says priest
- Should you cheer on Abenomics?
- Supreme Court: For right to remain silent, a suspect must speak
- NASA's new astronaut class marks changing of guard for US spaceflight
- Seeking a Syria consensus despite US-Russia divide
- Obama: NSA secret data gathering 'transparent'
- Court: Ariz. citizenship proof law illegal
- Military plans would put women in most combat jobs
- Rowhani's 'path of moderation' also shows limits
- Still no Hoffa after 1st day of latest search
- Ex-hitman: I was heartbroken Bulger was informant
- Airborne laser reveals city under Cambodian earth
- Chrysler expected to formally refuse Jeep recall
- Bruins beat Blackhawks 2-0, lead Cup finals 2-1
- General Atomics to Sell Unarmed Predator Drones to Foreign Countries
- Report: US Drops in High School, College Grad Rates
- TRAILER: Martin Scorsese's 'Wolf of Wall Street' Starring Leonardo DiCaprio
- West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin Fights Back Against Gun Groups Unhappy With His Support of...
- Hoffa Family 'Forced to Relive the Loss' as FBI Agents Excavate Michigan Field
- FBI Makes 500th Addition to Most Wanted Fugitives List
- Ted Cruz Vows to Offer Immigration Amendment in Reaction to Court's Arizona Decision
- Snowden: Obama's 'Draconian' Response Only Makes Better Hackers
- Supreme Court Ruling Will Make it Harder to Impose Mandatory Minimums on Drug Offenders
- Drone Strikes on American Citizens Banned in New Defense Bill Amendment
- June 14, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- May 24, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- May 22, 2013 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- Secret Government Snooping Will Stay Mostly Secret
- Rocky Times for Developing Markets
- Don't Toss Your Tax Returns
- How to Raise Your Child's Financial IQ
- Create Your Own Summer Camp for Less
- New Online Tool Reveals What Hospitals Charge
- Economics 101
- 4 Annuity Mistakes to Avoid
- Father's Day Advice From Around the Web
- No Reason to Fear a Housing Bubble
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- Toxic Workplace Friends
- Coping In A Toxic Work Environment
- 7 Management Practices That Can Improve Employee Productivity
- Researchers Begin To Flesh Out The Red Meat-Type 2 Diabetes Connection
- 5 Transitions Great Leaders Make That Average Leaders Don't
- Eight Ways Goofing Off Can Make You More Productive
- 9 Tips For Boosting Productivity At Work This Summer
- What Marie Forleo Taught Me About Selling My Soul
- Twenty Female Entrepreneurs To Follow On Twitter
- QVC Millionaire: Home Shopping Queen Tara McConnell On How To Talk To Customers