by John P. Kuchta Jr.
We have suffered another humiliating attack at the hands of one (or more) of the human / animal hybrids espousing a religious theology that condones violence against women and pedophilia, among other quirks, like beheadings.
Supposedly standing between us and these animals is our fabled FBI and NSA.
Where were these agencies as the shooters hatched their plots in Fort Hood, the Washington Navy Yard, Garland, TX, and Chattanooga?
Wait a minute. Did the FBI know that Major Nidal Hasan was in email communication with a radical sheik in Yemen who was later killed with a drone?
Yes, as a matter of fact they did knew all about that communication. Did 13 people die as Hasan climbed on top a table, shouted 'Allahu Akbar' and pulled the trigger repeatedly? [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
In light of the recent terrorist event in Chattanooga, will the Beach City Council now withdraw its approval of a mosque in our midst?
Probably not, but we really must consider removing the Confederate monument at Princess Anne.
Council continues to be of the belief that there are such things as "moderate" mohammedans, the result being that citizens of Virginia Beach will continue to be sold down the river in the name of political correctness.
I am disgusted and frustrated. One crazed white person, who just happened to have had his picture made with a Confederate battle flag, goes on a shooting spree and his action is cause enough to call for the destruction of Southern heritage.
Yet, a crazed mohammedan goes and kills several of America's finest and everyone wants to know his motive instead of addressing the threat.
It may just be me, but: [Click Read More below to read rest of the letter]
Attached is the second ad paid for personally by City Treasurer John Atkinson saying “No to Light Rail” that was in the Beacon on Sunday, July 19, 2015.
It gives an update of the response that John has received and what he would like to do in the future to keep this issue alive and bring a referendum forward.
Please forward this on to friends and family to continue to voice your “No to Light Rail” and assist John in this effort.
I am going to continue to support John in this endeavor so that the city does not waste our current and future tax dollars.
Everyone working together will help to reach our goal.
Rick "RK" Kowalewitch
by Larry Henry
Trying to have a normal conversation with a liberal is like trying to eat Jello with chop sticks.
I used to engage liberals in conversation. I found their minds to be completely nailed shut. A fellow I worked with years ago called me a hater because I wrote an article criticizing Bill Clinton.
I asked a lady I know in Atlanta about the difference between good and evil. She told me it’s all gray area, we are not to judge. Now we’re racists if we criticize Barack Obama.
Millennials are kids who came of age around 2000. Many of them are politically liberal. About half blame the United States for most of the troubles in today’s world. They have little knowledge of US history, WW II, Korea, economics, or the reality of what we’re facing in the Middle East.
By Michael W. Thompson
President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public PolicyNow that the Supreme Court has determined that the Obamacare entitlement is here to stay, let's work toward reforming our health care system in ways that make sense.
Virginia is one of 36 states that still has Certificate of Public Need laws (COPN) on the books. This law stems from a federal mandate more than 40 years ago, and it has not substantively changed in nearly 20 years. Some states have wisely chosen to rid themselves of these antiquated and burdensome regulations. Unfortunately, Virginia is not one of them.
In the Old Dominion, if a healthcare provider wants to add beds, purchase an MRI machine or start performing open-heart surgery it must first go through a lengthy and costly application process so that state regulators can determine if there is "a public need" for the service.
Submitted by a reader in Portsmouth from the Internet:
Here is an e-mail purportedly sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins. (Original author unknown)
Dear Mr. Page: I agree with our Native American population. I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins.
One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward.
Let's ditch the Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.
The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone. It's offensive to us white folk.
by Chris Kettner
Former Talk Radio Personality Known as The Specialist
Retired from his radio show June 1
It’s a Bird, No it’s a Plane, No it was a DOG!.....A golden Lab
Before we go to the Lab I guess we should go back to June 1st when I officially retired from Broadcasting.
Almost a decade broadcasting was a nice run but I felt it was time to pursue other endeavors while there was still time and I was still able.
Shortly after June 1st I was walking on the beach reflecting on my future with my new trusted ice water tumbler when I was struck from behind by a 60 lb. golden lab chasing at full speed a ball. I am told they run as fast as 18 miles per hour. That day I was knocked semi-unconscious, fractured 3 ribs and punctured my left lung which completely collapsed.
When I reached the ER they did an emergency Hemo-Thorax surgery on my chest cavity………NOT PRETTY.
Well kind reader, you are probably wondering where this story is going…….?
I was trying to recover from my injuries and realized I could finally do the story I had always wanted to do, so I went to Disney World in Orlando Fla.
Attorneys for the Virginia Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans, and the national organization of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV), have filed a response to the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles' (DMV) Motion to Vacate a 2001 decision of the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia and a 2002 decision of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Those decisions and resulting court orders instructed the Virginia DMV to begin issuing the specialty license plates bearing the SCV's Confederate Battle flag-themed logo. The original lawsuit, Sons of Confederate Veterans v. Holcomb, was sparked in 1999 when the Virginia General Assembly voted to approve the SCV’s specialty tag, but only after illegally removing the organization’s logo from the plate - the first and only logo ever so censored by the Virginia legislature.
- GOP Jewish Dispute also has racial overtones
- Virginia Beach GOP struggling with a 'Jew' problem of Middle East proportions
- Political Science 101 - Go Donald Trump
- Support City Treasuer Atkinson's campaign against light rail
- THE ANTI-GUN HOAX
- Liberals' perverted logic! CONFEDERATE FLAG RESPONSIBLE - REALLY?
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Women's Health
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- Who else is buried in King Tut's tomb? Perhaps a queen, says one Egyptologist.
- Why did Black Friday sales suffer this year?
- What we owe Earth's other predators
- In Arkansas, a growing population of 'climate change refugees'
- Japan's Antarctic whale hunt reignites war of words
- Voters go to polls in Burkina Faso in test of new democracy
- Israel cuts out EU peace representatives over West Bank labeling
- Canadian brothers free trapped bald eagle, take selfie with it
- Colorado shootings point to abortion debate dominated by extremes
- Few signs of reconciliation as Russia enacts sanctions against Turkey
- Leaders of warming Earth meet in Paris to cut emissions
- The Latest: Red Cross: Help poor facing climate change
- Key sticking points in UN climate talks
- Pope Francis meets with Muslims in Central African Republic
- Calendars show Clinton's availability to supporters
- Court appearance set for suspect in Colorado clinic shooting
- How can people safely take control from a self-driving car?
- Kevorkian archive opens as physician-assisted deaths rise
- HIV-positive doctor says his dog saved his life
- Fantasy sports companies weigh leaving US market _ for now
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 10 Best Gift Cards to Give This Holiday Season
- How to Get Free Shipping for Holiday Gifts
- Worst Things to Buy During the Holidays
- People You Should Tip for the Holidays
- 13 Ways to Waste Money During the Holidays
- Things Not to Keep In Your Wallet During Holidays
- 22 Ways to Earn Extra Cash for the 2015 Holidays
- Who Not to Tip for the Holidays
- Get the Best Deal on a Diamond Ring
- Great Places to Retire in Every State