by Sue VNS Columnist
A majority of Americans think there is a war on police according to a September 3, 2015, Rasmussen Reports poll. It is increasingly apparent that the goal is to establish a national militia – or barring that, establish federal governmental control over local law enforcement.
Why is this so important? A national militia is the hallmark of a dictatorship. And, since we have not had one in America, we are unique in the world and a deciding factor in the freedoms we have enjoyed. It is imperative that we keep control of our law enforcement at the local level. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
By Tom Holmes - Special to Virginia News Source
Once again, innocent people have been sacrificed to the false god, “Political Correctness,” its prophets of “Accommodation,” “Appeasement” and “Containment” having done their jobs nicely. For the second time this year, France has bled and mourned, the result of the failed policies of the European Union, United Nations, and the Obama Administration to accept and address the true nature of the threat posed to Western Civilization by Islam.
As France bled, “Dear Leader” addressed the American people with a pained expression, not necessarily entirely out of sympathy, but rather one also caused by having to eat his words uttered only a few hours earlier that ISIS had been contained. His failed Middle East policy and his lack of leadership now suddenly loom as his presidential legacies. Oh, and include Hillary Clinton as part of this failure. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
In strongest of language, Obama said French killings were 'bad, bad, bad!"
President Barack Obama didn't minice words: Commenting on the attacks that occurred Friday in Paris, Obama counterattacked in the strongest of language calling the acts ‘really bad.’ He hinted he would even consider ‘hitting’ ISIS with his purse in support of the French people. “We must strike back,” he said.
He told the French president that the killing would have been worse if the French hadn’t had such tough anti-gun measures against its citizens in effect. “Can you imagine the carnage if your people had weapons and could have shot back, defending themselves?” he said in a statement to the French president.
Fighting back with private weapons could have killed many more people, Obama said. But declining to call the killers ISIS terrorists for fear of offending his Muslim brotherhood buddies, Obama suggested France should pass strict laws prohibiting terror attacks, like it has on private weapons. (Click Read More below for rest of the story)
ATTENTION VOTERS: The future of Virginia, your rights, and economy is at stake Tuesday … REALLY!
All House and Senate Seats are up for election. Currently Republicans have a 1-seat edge in the Senate - - That’s too slim to risk. Giving the Democrats control of the senate is akin to giving legendary bank robber Willie Sutton keys to the bank.
The talented current ghetto-organizing president has been allowed to trash our constitution. He’s proved himself a habitual liar on defense, race, the economy, medical policy, the environment, just to name a few major issues.
A RINO, go-along-to-get-along, Congress has aided and abetted him every step of the way.
We can reclaim our rights, our government, one step at a time, starting at the local level. Your chance begins Tuesday.
VNS' Election Recommendations ... (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story ...
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Joseph Stalin: 1878 – 1953 * Megalomanical dictator of Russia from the mid-1920s to his death in 1953. It is believed Beria, head of the NKVD, poisoned Stalin to stop him from starting WW III with America over Korea and the Berlin Airlift. Stalin purged his military, and murdered millions of his own citizens to implement communism.
Barack Obama: 1961 – present * Megalomanical president of the United States. Community Organizer, Marxist, suspected Muslim, disciple of Saul Alinsky.
Virginia Beach - - The criminal buzzards are finally coming home to roost for Virgina Beach Mayor Will Sessoms. After a yearlong investigation, he was charged with 5 counts of conflict of interest Wednesday for voting on zoning applications before City Council that benefited TowneBank, where he served as president until he was forced out late last year.
All five charges are misdemeanors, not rising to the level of ‘forcing’ Sessoms removal from City Council, but leaving a bad stain on his reputation and the council if he doesn’t resign.
The five charges were bought by a special prosecutor for the state Wednesday after almost a year investigation, in advance of the expiration of the statue of limitations on Nov. 8.
Sessoms and others are still targets of a federal government corruptions investigation. No such statue of limitations is pending on the federal cases and indictments can be issued at any time. One source said FBI indictments involving City Manager Jim Spore (who’s announced his pending resignation), a business partner, councilman John Uhrin and others may be announced about mid-December. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
[Editor’s Note; Sue, of North, VA has joined VNS as a regular columnist.
How would it be if you were playing a game and, in the middle of it, the rules were changed in favor of your opponent so that they were then ahead and ended up winning? Or, you signed a contract for the terms for payment of your new car and, half way through, the terms were changed.
So it is with the United States Constitution. It is our rulebook; it is a contract. Its ratification by the several states was an agreement as to the rules that the federal government would use.
It defines what the federal government can do as well as what it cannot do. Its true meaning has been misconstrued to such an extent that the way our country operates today is totally foreign to the original way.
By Ira White, VNS Columnist
Liberals are proclaiming a TKO for Hillary in the Benghazi hearings, but that totally ignores what we know.
The false video narrative was merely designed to coverup the offense, Hillary's claim that others were delegated for security management shifts blame for the offense, and the emails are only the paper trail of the offense.
What we know is from the ones who were on the inside:
Security commander Lt. Col. Andrew Wood said that he and Ambassador Chris Stevens "were fighting a losing battle. We couldn't even keep what we had."
Security officer Eric Nordstrom stated "it was abundantly clear we were not going to get resources until the aftermath of an incident."
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Disease Prevention in Women
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Schrödinger’s cat gets a playmate
- Alexa is now available on your browser, sort of
- Harvard grad's inspiring spoken-word poem goes viral
- French Open: Will the real Serena Williams please stand up?
- Capacity crowds: Is the era of restricted access to US national parks here?
- Glycine found around comet: Did life on Earth come from space?
- Suspected gang rape in Brazil: A wake-up call?
- As America took to the skies for Memorial Day, did TSA finally get it right?
- 'Living fossil' in Yellowstone River needs help: Will $57M dam save sturgeon?
- Elon Musk vs Warren Buffett: how two titans see carbon-free electricity
- 2 more bodies found in Texas after torrential rain, floods
- AP-NORC Poll: Interest, not excitement in White House race
- Veterans sites in California, Kentucky, Virginia damaged
- Child still critical after lightning hits 11 in Paris park
- Militants blow up Shell, Agip pipelines in Nigeria
- Pilots pay tribute to comrade whose WWII plane crashed
- Putin visits Russian Orthodox monastic community in Greece
- Ohio zoo closes gorilla exhibit for now after boy falls in
- Thompson's 41 points, 11 3s save Golden State's season
- Patience pays off for Polish-born kayaker competing for US
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- 5 Surprising Perks of Amazon Prime
- GDP Growth to Strengthen in Second Half of Year
- Gas Prices Spike Ahead of Memorial Day Weekend
- Help Get Your College Grad Out of Your House and Into a Job
- 6 Smart and Simple Money Tips for New Grads
- Estate Planning for Military Families
- 10 Great Waterfront Vacation Homes
- Why Bonds Still Make Sense in Retirement
- 7 Good Stocks With Hidden Value
- Worst Things to Buy at Memorial Day Sales