The Virginia Beach GOP through good sense and judgement refused to allow 2nd District Cong. Scott Rigell force it to commit political suicide by getting into the middle of a Jew v. Jew battle over free speech at its most recent city committee meeting.
But it didn’t prevent a serious issue of racism from rearing its head as a practice by several members of the party’s membership. The party was told: Consider GOP members’ racist attacks on 2 black members if i considered the Jew v. Jew issue.
After Chuck Smith, lawyer, former GOP chairman and political candidate told the meeting of the numerous times the ’n-word’ was displayed to me on cell phone screens and he was called a ‘token’ by Bruce Meyer, Virignia Beach Sheriff Ken Stolle, the GOP’s parliamentarian, said if such acts were done, provable, without any action being taken, he would resign from the party. Former chair Kenny Golden said he got involved and dealt with the issue privately. But it still isn’t clear if it was resolved satisfactorily.
But i t temporarily distracted from discussion of the Jew issue.
To the Editor,
The U S Constitution is a contract signed by the states limiting the national government to a few and limited enumerated powers, which should be interpreted as to the original intent. If you buy something and sign a contract as to the payments, you don’t expect the terms to be changed later on. So it is with our Constitution.
But that has been greatly undermined by decisions of the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Marshall made a ruling basically that the federal government can do anything the Constitution does not specifically bar it from doing. That would translate to it doesn’t say that the government can’t dictate where you live, therefore it can.
Retired Navy Commander and Beach resident Tom Holmes has sent a letter to the beach council urging approval of offshore drilling of Virginia’s coast.
Holmes, a native of the oil patch in Mississippi, told council Virginia Beach’s economy needs the benefit the oil drilling economy would bring.
“Do not allow Wilmington, Charleston, or Savannah to beat us to the punch. It is hoped that you, too, will realize the benefit of Virginia Beach becoming the focal point for this effort. I would appreciate a reply from you prior to the closed council meeting on August 18, in which your position on this issue is given.” Read Holmes complete letter to the city council:
By Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Here’s what happened while you were sleeping January 1st. These taxes were all passed in Obama’s Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare.
by Larry Henry
Are you caught out in the storm?
76% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. 14.5% live below the poverty level. Our recession never ended. Both parties are to blame. President Obama covets socialism. Boehner and McConnell covet power and wealth.
John Kerry’s 4 months in Vietnam was a bad joke. Three purple hearts for minor injuries brought on by his personal incompetence. Kerry shot civilians. He lied before Congress about Vietnam, about himself, and about Jane Fonda. They were a disgrace in 1968. They’re both a disgrace still today.
by Bill in Tennessee
Having grown up in the 1950s and 60s, I was witness to the Civil Rights marches, the Vietnam protests, and just about every kind of protest known to man, or so I thought at the time. The Vietnam War protests did something I'm sure the protesters didn't intend... I joined the Marine Corps along with my brother, to serve my country. Just as our dad had done in WWII, he was a Navy corpsman with the Marines in the South Pacific.
The Civil Rights protests started out to gain equal opportunity for minorities...it ended up in the very unequal Affirmative Action laws and LBJ turning minorities into a special project that goes on to this day.
But the protest that got my attention today is the strange one going on (yes, again) in Ferguson, MO. Protests no longer seem to be about noble causes like ending war (fat chance!) or equal rights; today they seem to be about goofballs that ended up at the wrong end of a gun through their own bad and/or stupid decisions.
By Ira White
VNS Contributor - Portsmouth
BY ITS REAL NAME
We've all heard the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger."
Unfortunately there's been a lot of that going on recently, mostly by activists and their lawyers. They shoot messengers for hanging the US flag outside their homes, displaying the 10 Commandments on public property, sticking In God We Trust banners on police cars, or speaking as pastors and military chaplains about morality and sin. To name a few. Problem is those good people didn't make this stuff up... they're just the messengers.
Fact is the liberal and legal combatants can't shoot a heritage and song about The Star-Spangled Banner, the best-selling book in the world, a national motto stamped on our currency and government buildings, or the profound teachings of a guy named Jesus.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
I sent the following letter registered to Mayor Will Sessoms:
21 July 15 Registered
Mayor Will Sessoms
Ref: Priorities of You and the VB City Council
Dear Mr. Mayor:
I spoke on two different occasions this past Spring as you and the VB City Council sat and heard arguments for and against funding for light rail cars in your budget in the amount of $21 million.
I stressed the fact that we are in an undeclared state of war against radical Islam and they have struck too many times to mention; but, the attack last week in Chattanooga helps drive home the point that I have been stressing: Do we need light rail when all our schools are wide open to anyone with a weapon who cares to walk through the front doors? How about our beaches, malls, churches and synagogues? Have the attacks on Tunisian beaches not driven the point home for you and the city council? I have copied my latest remarks to city council below in an effort to help show you the utter folly of your stance.
“Yesterday morning, I was warmly welcomed at two elementary schools near my home in VB. I am puzzled how sniper teams can be positioned atop tall buildings on military bases located all over our city due to Force Protection Condition “Bravo,” yet, it was possible for me and anyone else to walk right in to our schools.
- Prosecute criminal activity of Planned Parenthood
- The Morons are loose!
- Politicians need to step up to the plate and take maggot Muslim terrorism seriously
- Beach Council should withdraw approval of moque in the city
- No Light Rail - Tell City Council
- Trojans, Beavers and other names of sports teams that are offensive
- Is Fat From Another Area of Body Safe for Breast Reconstruction?
- Birth Control Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- tranexamic acid (Lysteda)
- Having More Kids May Slow Mom's Aging, Study Says
- Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says
- Some Women Face Geographic Barriers to Breast Reconstruction
- Suppository Eases Vaginal Dryness in Small Study
- Pap Smear
- FDA Tightens Rules for Using Mesh Implants in Women's Surgery
- clindamycin vaginal suppository (Cleocin)
- What is Pope Francis doing on his Mexico visit?
- SCOTUS nominations in election years: What does history tell us?
- Why delaying Scalia hearings might make little difference
- Pope calls for peace in gang-striken Mexico City suburb
- Voters at polls in Central African Republic, hoping to end violence
- Kia Sorento vs. Honda CR-V: Which crossover SUV comes out on top?
- Simplicity isn't always simple
- Antonin Scalia: his life and legacy
- On this Valentine's Day, science proves to imitate love – and vice versa
- Can cell phones help detect earthquakes?
- Scalia's death means loss of key vote in divided cases
- Supreme Court vacancy is tangible test for 2016 candidates
- Scalia's body at Texas funeral home after 3-hour procession
- Pope warns against devil in hardscrabble Mexico City suburb
- Turkey shells Kurdish positions in Syria for 2nd day
- Northeast wakes up to record cold for Valentine's Day
- Syrian opposition figure slams Russia for continued bombing
- Brazil's Zika-related abortion debate sparks backlash
- Multiple crises challenge European Union before summit
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump on Iraq war
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- How to Stay On the Sunny Side in a Cloudy Market
- Money Habits You Don't Want Your Valentine to Have
- Using 529 College-Savings Plan Money for Part-Time Students
- Things You Didn't Know About Discount Grocer Aldi
- Apple's Stock Is Becoming Too Cheap to Ignore
- How to Invest for the Coming Bear Market
- Cheapest Places Where You'll Want to Retire
- Best FANG Stocks to Buy During the Market Selloff
- 7 Stock Picks to Beat the Market in 2016
- Claim Your Tax Refund ASAP to Thwart ID Thieves