by Tom McElvy
Special to VNS
Since the horribly tragic Connecticut school shootings last Friday, liberals across the country have been busy proving beyond any doubt that theirs is an ideology of hate and rage. Instead of blaming the person who pulled the trigger, liberals have blamed the NRA [National Rifle Association], the Second Amendment and gun owners in general.
Many have called for the deaths of NRA members and other supporters of the Second Amendment, in response to the shootings.
The loss of those little angels was tragic, to say the very least. However, it was not the fault of the gun, nor the NRA, nor the Second Amendment. It was the fault of a madman. Nothing more, nothing less.
However, with all of the death threats being made against NRA members and people supporting our RIGHT to weapons, etc, perhaps we need to take a more proactive stance against violence.
It's been very close to ten years since a crazed, Nigerian foreign student invaded the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, VA, and proceeded to shoot and kill three innocent victims.
When the shooting started, three heroes responded. Two had weapons in their vehicles and retrieved them. The third was an ex-marine.
Funny thing about folks who snap and decide to commit mass murder. Most have never been in a gunfight. Things change dramatically when someone levels a .357 at you. Most psychotics fold or bite the barrel of their own weapon when they are challenged.
The reason that Americans have remained free for over two centuries is that we have the Second Amendment that allows us to protect our family and our home from invasion. Protect that right or live like a cow.
"Remember Benghazi and ALL the Traitors!"
- Nourison Recalls Rugs Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot
- Insolroll Recalls Roller Shades with Solar and Rechargeable Motors Due to Fire Hazard
- Lea Industries Recalls Children’s Beds Due to Fall Hazard
- Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Maker Due to Burn and Fire Hazards; New Instructions Provided
- Deezo Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Optimus Recalls Portable Electric Heaters Due to Fire Hazard
- Meijer Recalls Touch Point Baseboard Convection Heaters Due to a Fire Hazard
- Toro Recalls Zero Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard
- Family Dollar Stores Recalls Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters Due to Overheating and Fire Hazards
- Women Less Likely to Get Trauma Center Care After Injury: Study
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Could Adaptable Bacteria Cause Repeat Urinary Tract Infections?
- Pelvic Exam
- Exercise May Lower Older Women's Risk for Kidney Stones
- Longer Wait for Mammogram After Benign Breast Biopsy May Be Warranted
- Implants May Delay Breast Cancer Detection, Raise Death Risk
- Blood Test May Catch Deadly Fungal Infection Quickly
- Russia 8.2 earthquake is big but no deaths
- Energy economics: What's next for gas prices?
- Good value, or no? Seven ways wholesale clubs make you spend more.
- A Jewish renaissance, tucked away in a Budapest apartment
- Fired for word: 'Negro' in Spanish class
- Gaza exports have plummeted under Israeli blockade
- Brett Favre lawsuit over sexually suggestive texts settled
- Jumper kills 5-year old girl in South Korea
- The healing power of Christian-Muslim dialogue
- Friend of alleged soldier killer arrested at BBC
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Improving economy changes political landscape
- Tornado upon them, quick choices decided fate
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Rescuers look for pilot in deadly NY Angel Flight
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- After vote on gay youth, Scouts face more turmoil
- What They Found In Lincoln’s Pockets the Night He Was Shot
- Trayvon Martin's Texts Matter, George Zimmerman Defense Attorneys Say
- Snowe: Reid and McConnell are Responsible for Senate Breakdown
- Boy Scouts Allowing Gay Youth OK With Mormon Church
- Why Health Care and Immigration Is a Dangerous Combination
- Radio Talk Show Host Plans 'Impeach Obama March' for Flag Day
- Life Discovered in Earth's Coldest Environment Yet
- A Q&A With Obama Heckler Medea Benjamin on Protests, Drones and Gitmo
- German Brewers Fear Fracking Could Damage Centuries-Old Industry
- Police: I-5 Bridge Collapse in Washington State Likely Caused by Truck
- May 24, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- May 22, 2013 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- April 16, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- April 3, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Ground Beef
- Getting a Storm Claim Paid
- Mining States Feel Pinch of Commodities Slump
- How Stores' Price-Match Policies Compare
- Retirees Return to College Just for the Fun of It
- Spending Wisely Advice From Around the Web
- Does a Spate of Manager Departures at T. Rowe Price Signal Trouble?
- Turbulent Days Ahead for Bond Investors
- 4 Stocks Set to Gain from Rising Security Needs
- Protect Your Finances From Dog Bites
- Small Businesses To Face Mortgage Squeeze
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- April 3, 2012 [FINAL Update]: Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Raw...
- As More Alzheimer's Drugs Fail, Researchers Find Hope In Vitamins And Spice
- Graduation and College Cartoons
- Long Robes And Silly Hats: What Is Graduation?
- How You Can Benefit From All Your Stress
- Print Pretty Looks Inspired By Katie Couric
- For Fitness Upstart, Three's Company
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parent's Loneliness
- Sexist Women Bosses
- Women and Money: It's All About Relationships
- Interviewing With A Friend? 5 Rules To Follow