The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World.
But if you remove just 4 cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom in the entire world for Murders.
And these 4 cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States.This tell you anything?
PS: These 4 cities are also run by DEMOCRATS!
God Bless America!
Virginia Beach Citizen
It's a common misconception that the DOE was made to get us off oil.
In reality, it's almost entirely dedicated to managing nuclear weapons issues, including nuclear weapons related research.
by Larry Henry
VNS Contributing Columnist
The Department of Energy was established in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with an annual budget of 29 billion dollars. We import more oil today than ever before.
The Department of Agriculture is another bureaucratic Bozo. So is Education and Homeland Security. Our Justice Department is a vile racist joke. The State Department has been called Old Foggy Bottom ever since Truman. Treasury is out of control, Health & Human Services, and right on down the line.
Our Post Office is falling apart at the seams. Social Security is broke. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are broke. The War on Poverty has been around since 1964. It created more poverty than we had to begin with. Medicare and Medicaid are in the tank. Everything the government gets its hands on becomes a financial disaster.
Congress gives away billions in aid to countries that hate our guts, while buying back trillions in oil from those same anti-American countries. Back here at home Obama and his EPA are doing everything possible to stop oil and coal production, the lifeblood of our nation. He continues to increase spending and taxes in the midst of “HIS” depression.
Barack Hussein Obama and his Marxist Regime are not capable of leading America. Neither are the RINOs in Congress who go along with his left-wing nonsense. The majority should be sacked. Obama Care must be defunded. Raising the debt ceiling must be stopped.
Lois Lerner is typical of Washington, DC. So is John McCain, Mitch McConnell, and Hillary Clinton. Do not let these idiots manage your health care. The IRS was used to help throw the election to Obama.
Term limits, boys and girls, term limits.
Can a state pass and enforce a law that is in opposition to a federal law?
Those who think not cite what is called the Supremacy Clause, which they interpret to say that federal law is supreme over state law. Some would argue that the states cannot pick and choose which laws they choose to honor.
But, what exactly does the Supremacy Clause say? Article Six, Clause Two states: This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof … shall be the supreme Law of the land. Those who are unknowing – or are deliberately misleading – contend that this clause says that U S law trumps state law.
“Thereof” refers to the Constitution. Laws are to be made in pursuance to the Constitution. What about “shall be made in Pursuance” thereof? Pursuance means following or in keeping with. Thus only those laws that are in keeping with the Constitution are the supreme law of the land. And, those not in keeping with the Constitution are not valid laws. In order for them to be constitutional and enforceable they must be found in the list of allowable and enumerated laws.
And, who is to say what is constitutional? The states based on the Constitution itself. If the law is about something that is not listed in the Constitution, then it is unconstitutional and the Supremacy Law eliminates it as having supremacy over state laws.
The better question would be - when does federal law trump state law - and it is clear that it does so only when the federal law is constitutional, when it is found in the enumerated powers.
Sue Long - North, VA
How the citizens of Virginia Beach were manipulated into helping a private developer finance purchase of the historic Cavalier.
It didn't need to be bought with taxpayer money, but the draw of the politically-powerful was too strong for the city leaders to resist:
The City Council
Towne Bank and it's well-connected obligations and allegiance to Mayor's Sessoms & his bank
The rubber-stamp Virginia Beach Development Authority - noted for bringing low paying jobs and no major industry to Virginia Beach
And the Buyer - convict business partner with Mayor (I won't deny I used the word "Nigger") Sessoms
You can read all about the deceit and manipulation at blogger Bob O'Connor's 'Behind the 8-Ball Again!' blog.
Thank God, Bob McDonnell is showing his true colors.
Since his gifts were passed 'under the table,' then how do we know they were really passed back?
And where will they end up next?
If Bob cared about the residents in VA, he should put the historic engraved Rolex up to auction, with all proceeds going to the Foodbank or the Salvation Army.
Maybe the Salvation Army can hire Bob next Christmas as a Bell Ringer.
It is with great sorrow and sadness that Virginia News Source has to report that it has lost a valued and important contributor.
Virginia and Nelson County has lost a great patriot.
VNS received word Sunday that Kenneth White, president of the Virginia Taxpayer Alliance, passed away Thursday in the UVa hospital from pneumonia.
Ken was a never-ending source of citizen irritation to the Nelson County Board of Supervisors over its his many alleged violations of citizen rights and the Constitution.
He routinely appeared before the board to denounce the placement of sheriff's deputies at the courthouse door forcing citizens to pass through metal detectors - as trumped up allegation of protection from terrorism - to even pay a tax bill.
When the board refused to allow free entry to the courthouse, Ken refused to enter the courthouse, sending surrogates in his stead as a protest against the practice.
A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, August 21, 2013, at 1 p.m. at the Byrum-Parr Funeral Home, Roseland. Contributions in his memory may be made to the Roseland Rescue Squad, P.O. Box 39, Roseland, VA 22967 or the Nelson County Food Pantry, 9890 Thomas Nelson Highway, Lovingston, VA 22949. See official obituary.
Ken: R.I.P. VNS and its readers will miss your articles and adamant protection of of civil rights.
by John Kutcha Jr.
Well, like many days, my day started with a good case of the "Red A$$," just a while ago.
I was watching a commercial by a pro-amnesty group, an outfit called "fwd.us." Oh, that's right, that's the progressive political group founded by our Sewer Rat-in-Chief with the money he continues to collect on his perpetual campaign trail.
Why would I be upset with this particular commercial message? Because, like all the communication by this transformational liar, the thrust of the commercial is that foreign nationals can't serve in the US military! Are you kidding me? How do many foreigners get US citizenship? They serve in the US military! Yep, just like in the old Roman Empire days, when the Roman Legions began to contain more non-Romans than Romans, there are rules for how much time must be served in our military to gain US citizenship.
But, like the lies told about Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS targeting, NSA snooping, Obamacare and Obama's eligibility to hold the office of POTUS, the truth is the one of the major victims of the Obama administration.
If you have time this week and have been hankering for some truth, go to www.vimeo.com/63749370 and watch "Grinding Down America."
The author goes into the history of the progressive movement and connects the dots to modern day political characters like Barry Soetoro. Yeah, how many Presidents in America had "AKA" behind their names? George H.W. Bush AKA Felix Morganstein? No, I don't think so!
"Remember Benghazi and ALL the Traitors!"
This beautiful painted male bunting - captured at feeder in Kings Grant this week. Mary Reid Barrow, my bird expert in residence, said this is a little north of this species range. But we were happy to provide him some seeds and help him on his way
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Recalls Girls BCG Hooded Windsuits Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Denver Global Products Recalls Multi-Purpose Yard Vehicles Due to Laceration, Fire Hazards; Sold Exclusively at...
- Wearever Girl’s Hooded Jacket Sets Recalled by David’s Place Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively...
- Manhattan Group Recalls Baby Rattles Due to Choking Hazard
- SRAM Recalls Derailleurs for Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard
- K2 Sports Recalls Kickboards/Scooters Due to Fall Hazard
- L&F International Trade Recalls Renovated Mattresses Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard
- Crown Boiler Recalls Home Heating Boilers Due to Carbon Monoxide Hazard
- American Boy and Girl Recalls Infant Sandals Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Meijer...
- Little Willy’s Recalls Hooded Sweatshirts Due to Strangulation Hazard
Quote OF THE DAY
"If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more - you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots."
"If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl who is confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched - you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots."
From the Internet
“God who gave us life gave us Liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?"
--Thomas Jefferson, 1774
- Less Physical Activity, More TV for Today's Moms, Study Finds
- Uterine Growths
- Pregnancy After Miscarriage
- PTSD Might Lead to Sizable Weight Gain in Women
- Use of Breast MRIs Way Up, Studies Find
- Urine Tests Don't Always Confirm Urinary Infections, Study Finds
- Time of Month May Affect Women's Concussion Recovery
- Poorer Women Delay Examination of Breast Lumps, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Performing a Breast Self-Exam
- Japan's monster quake: Do scientists have key to decode future temblors?
- Not your average drone: new technology the US military is developing
- Gifts that give back: Buy one, give one programs
- Microsoft disrupts fake-click malware ZeroAccess
- Budget deal in the offing? Outlines emerge, details sketchy, support iffy.
- US flags lowered for Mandela, just third world leader to be so honored
- Top Picks: The Nobel Peace Prize Concert, AOL's New York City Ballet documentary, and more
- Venezuela's star-studded mayoral ballots: Singers, baseball players, and models
- Is Instagram planning to introduce a print-on-demand platform?
- Pricing carbon emissions? Bring it on, some large companies say
- South Africa begins life without Nelson Mandela
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Song, dance, tears for Mandela in South Africa
- Consistent hiring points to stronger economy ahead
- Thousands seek refuge at Central African airport
- AP WAS THERE: Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- 6 detained in Mexico theft of radioactive material
- New consumer tips for Obama's fixer-upper website
- US to allow eagle deaths _ to aid wind power
- Cantor, Hoyer Looking at Iran Bill Together
- Cindy McCain 'Straight Talks' Sex Trafficking
- Violent Storm Pummels Britain, Germany and Scandinavia
- In Jobs Recovery, Shrunken Labor Force Can Only Rebound So Much
- President Obama Proposing 'Self-Restraint' on NSA
- Disposing of Syrian Chemical Weapons Time Consuming, Dangerous and Perhaps Impossible
- Handicapping the 2014 Grammy Nominations
- Nelson Mandela Praised by Congressmen Who Opposed Anti-Apartheid Act
- Supreme Court Will Review Software Patents
- Thad Cochran Running Again for Senate
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- July 18, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- July 10, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Chicken
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- June 21, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- June 20, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- June 14, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- What the Rush of Money into Stock Funds Means
- Holiday Scams to Avoid
- Interest Rates and the Real Unemployment Rate
- Year-End Financial To-Do List
- Career and Job-Search Advice From Around the Web
- How the Government Shutdown Might Affect the Filing of Your 2013 Tax Return
- 6 Things to Know About Going Paperless
- 5 Tips to Get a Long-Term-Care Insurer to Pay Up
- How to Stick to Your New Year's Resolutions
- 4 Key End-of-Life Documents to Get in Order
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections