by Sue Long, North, VA
[Editor’s Note; Sue Long of North, VA has joined VNS as a regular columnist. Sue is self-described as …”devoted to God, a Bible believing church-goer from childhood, to her family, eager to become, in a few months, a great-great-grandmother, and to country having been a volunteer in the John Birch Society since 1961.
It is has been said that you can’t fight City Hall. But, actually you can. History is replete with changes in what government has done. By the same token, we also know from history that it is much more easily done at the local level. At the state level, it is more difficult and even more so at the federal level. Can you just imagine what it would be like with an all-powerful one-world government?
A war-weary America was sold on the United Nations as the best hope for peace in the world. Well, history has certainly proved that to be a myth. Some would say that that is not reason enough to get the United States out of the United Nations, that it would be isolationist. But, that isn’t the only way to interact with other nations. Diplomatic relations on an individual basis is not only possible, it is a preferable means of interrelating with other nations. We did this all the time before the UN came onto the scene.
Isn’t it pretty drastic, though, to get out altogether?
Looks like Winston Salem is going to scrap their trolleys as it cost $23 per rider.
with a $33,000,000 shortfall, VB can ill afford to have the Paul Fraim choo choo.
Stand by for another tax increase.
What is the unfunded liability now? Was $500,000,000.
by John P. Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
The week of 27 September 2015 is one that you shouldn’t forget for a number of reasons. We saw prime examples of what is happening to America both at home and abroad and none of it is good.
On 30 Sept 15, at approximately 0800, a suspicious person was reported in a van in the parking lot of a mall in Forest Acres, SC.
Two officers reported to the scene and a pursuit ensued. The man who ran from police was caught by one of the officers and he refused to surrender, battling Officer Greg Alia, 32.
The suspect pulled a gun and shot and killed Officer Alia.
The suspect’s name is Alvis Parks and we know little about him except for the mug shot on file. It is that of a black man in his thirties or forties in a prison orange jumpsuit. But, you wouldn’t know that except for social media.
The thug’s photo never appeared in the MSM and the story was completely erased from the MSM coverage within 24 hours.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Karl Rove and his corrupt GOP RINO elites are soiling their Depends. Debbie Wasserman Shultz and her DNC menagerie of Marxist misfits are running in circles with their hair on fire.
The Gravy Train Express is about to derail straight into the Potomac River. Donald Trump is coming to town!
Boehner and McConnell sing their Siren songs for the conservatives dupes who elect them, then do exactly what those Washington lobbies bribe them to do.
Pelosi and Reid are more of the same rotten culture, lying to the American people with every breath.
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
Karl Rove and his corrupt GOP elites are craping their Depends. Debbie Wasserman Shultz and her DNC menagerie of Marxist misfits are running in circles with their hair on fire. The Gravy Train Express is about to derail straight into the Potomac River.
Donald Trump is coming to town!
Boehner and McConnell sing their Siren songs for the conservatives who elect them, then do exactly what those Washington lobbies bribe them to do. Pelosi and Reid are more of the same rotten culture, lying to the American people with every breath.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Uncle Sam is ill. He’s sick to the point I fear he may not recover. You see, he’s infected with a terrible disease called Liberalism. Liberalism is like kudzu. It’s progressive, tenacious, spreading over its victims, and eventually smothering them.
Barack Obama is the Kudzu Prince, a progressive liar with no regard for others or Uncle Sam. He lies to get a foot in the door, then chokes the life out of everything decent and American. He protects his Muslim Brotherhood while placing our republic in Harm’s Way.
Although we hear little about it, we should be concerned about pending legislation that could destroy our sovereignty as a free and independent nation.
We already have NAFTA which is responsible for the loss of many jobs to outsourcing. Then there is the pending TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) which would merge our country into a regional government in the Pacific.
Sold as a means of beating out China in trade agreements, we are not told how China could join TPP later on in spite of our objections.
In addition, TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) would merge us with the EU which is now comprised of what were once sovereign nations in Europe, having been sold on it that it would help their economy.
Now, there is yet another to add to the mix, TiSA (Trade in Services Agreement). As if it isn’t enough that much of American manufacturing production has already been shipped out, leaving services as the main stay of the American economy, now services are on the chopping block.
The TiSA would give the UN’s World Trade Organization (WTO) unprecedented control over the service sector, including jobs in banking, finance, courier and postal services, delivery and freight services, energy distribution, health care, insurance, maritime, professional services, legal services, licensing, real estate, telecommunications, transportation, tourism, and much more. See the full report:
We need to insist that our legislators vote against this threat to our country.
Sue Long - North, VA
[Ed's note: This was sent to VNS prior to Kim Davis' release. It still is relevant.]
County clerk Kim Davis attests that her beliefs in Christ and biblical principles won't allow her to issue same-sex marriage licenses.
As the first Christian to be imprisoned for peaceful religious conscience regarding this issue, I would encourage her to write a letter in her Kentucky jail about the injustice – just as Martin Luther King did in 1963 in a Birmingham jail. And she could employ the exact same points that King used in his commentary...
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Breast Cancer Gene Might Lower Women's Fertility: Study
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Study Links Green Spaces to Longer Lives for Women
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment
- These numbers show the GOP is increasingly worried about itself
- Free shipping: 48 retailers' policies
- Voters' dilemma: What happens if it's Hillary vs. Trump?
- Working with animals went better than expected for those in the film 'Keanu'
- As immigrants move outside big cities, more US schools create welcome programs
- Collapse of Syrian cease-fire a reprieve for Islamic State
- Teen pregnancies at all-time low. Is peer influence responsible?
- Wayward weasel wipes out world's most powerful atom smasher
- Sold-out Trump rally in California leads to violent clashes
- What does Iran's final Election Day mean?
- Trump, Clinton angle for advantage in politics of gender
- Supreme Court trying to find its way after Scalia
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary
- Pennsylvania GOP delegates voice strong support for Trump
- AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the past week
- UN says N. Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'
- Kenya police: 7 confirmed dead in building collapse
- China lays out firm conditions for improved ties with Japan
- Iran media: Moderates win more than 30 more parliament seats
- IS claims responsibility for Baghdad bombing that killed 21
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Why You Should Buy and Hold Exxon Stock as Oil Rebounds
- A Financial Planner's Playbook for NFL Draft's Rookie Millionaires
- Home Sales Rise Across the Country
- Taking Required Minimum Distributions From Simplified Employee Pensions
- Expect Higher Gasoline Prices
- 3 Things You Must Know to Be Financially Literate
- 3 Things You Didn't Know About Warren Buffett
- 8 Things You Get Wrong About Personal Finance
- Best Low-Volatility Stocks for the Next Bear Market
- 10 Financial Decisions You Will Regret Forever