by Bruce D. Price
Virginia Beach Education Specialist
Not yet sworn in, Virginia’s new governor has solemnly declared the big myth in education. Some would call it the Big Lie. Cynics would call it the big joke.
Try to find students who have memorized anything at all. This is not easy to do. As American test scores remain mediocre in international tests, we are being kicked around by foreign students who know something we don’t: facts.
According to McAuliffe’s view, children in American public schools are effectively chained to their desks and whipped until they know such useless trivia as, well, anything.
This view, which happens to be the official view of the far-left Education Establishment, is detached from reality. Just watch Jay Leno looking for someone who knows where the pilgrims came from, when the Civil War occurred, etc. Leno, whose program is produced in Hollywood on our West Coast, asked a woman what body of water lies to the west of California. She couldn’t recall. College teachers are reporting that freshmen show up in their classes not knowing what six-times-seven is.According to HuffingtonPost: “37% of Americans unable to locate America on map of America.”
by Catherine Crabill
Special to Virginia News Source
As America stands upon a great and dangerous precipice, millions of Americans involve themselves battling against an ever emerging Tyranny.
We skirmish on so many fronts that even though our numbers are legion, our efforts are minimized in their effectiveness by the nature of the division intentionally created by those who wage war against our liberty.
As I have prayed for our great nation I believe God has shown me a ‘silver bullet’ by which We the People can and must reclaim control over EVERY renegade and corrupt President, Congressman, Senator, State Delegate, Judge, Sheriff, etc..
In fact, this concept will affect every Constitutional office holder and restore said Constitution to its rightful place as Supreme Law of the Land.
by Larry Henry
VNS Columnist from Louisville, TN
The United States, financially speaking, is a larger version of Chicago, California, and Detroit. Detroit and California are bankrupt. Chicago is on the way, and so are we.
Nancy Pelosi said we had to pass Obama Care to see what’s in it. Debbie Wasserman Shultz assures us the Democrats running for office in 2014 will stand behind Obama Care. President Obama stated as long as he’s President, Obama Care will remain the law of the land. Meanwhile Harry Reid refuses to allow any bill to come before the Senate for vote against Obama Care.
Benghazi is and was a massive cover up by Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. What led to this tragedy? Arrogance, incompetence, and the White House lie that Al Qaeda was on the run. Ten flag officers have been fired this year who disagreed with Obama’s handling of Benghazi, and our rules of engagement in the Middle East.
President Obama keeps his past hidden from everyone. Why? Experts have proven the White House birth certificate to be a computer enhanced forgery. That certificate, rife with discrepancies, states that the baby Barack Hussein Obama was born African American. That term was not known in the 1960s. Jesse Jackson coined the phrase during the 1980s.
The National Security Agency continues to spy on all of us. The IRS has never stopped going after conservative groups. The GOP and the DNC both loathe the Tea Party. And Congress as a whole continues spending our children’s future like drunken Marines in a bawdy house.
Question? Are Obama, Hillary, and both sides of the political aisle out of touch, just plain ignorant, or do they not care much about their country anymore, just themselves?
The answer is YES!
Think About it: Obama is the greatest hoax and joke ever perpetrated on a nation of gullible idiots deceived and blindly led by a corrupt media conspiracy. Think about it.
Isn't it amazing that, within only one week of Tiger Woods crashing his Escalade, the press found every woman with whom Tiger has had an affair during the last few years?
And they even uncovered photos, text messages, recorded phone calls, etc.!
Furthermore, they not only know the cause of the family fight, but they even know it was a 9-iron from his golf bag that his wife used to break out the windows in the Escalade. Not only that, they know which wedge!
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
VNS anti_Jihadist columnist
I wonder if Al Capone ever imagined a day when the FBI would refuse to call Capone and his "associates" by the name they came to be best known, La Cosa Nostra. If Big Al would have just been able to foresee the positive results of sewing large cash bundles into the Federal political class and bureaucracy, he could have saved himself all those embarrassing IRS audits and trials. Muslim OPEC members have done just that and behold the results!
Everybody on this email distribution is a competent, hard-working, fun-loving American who can read and write. Can anybody explain to me why in the wake of 9/11/2001 and all the bombings, hackings and mutilations that have occurred in the name of Allah ever since, that our chief, federal law enforcement agency would make moves that look obviously like a beat cop "on the take?"
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Written on Pearl Harbor Day
Ever since taking office just about five tortuous years ago, Barack Obama has set about destroying the United States' good will among her allies, especially Great Britain. Recall that he had no sooner taken office than he returned the bust of Winston Churchill which had been on display in the Oval Office for years. Nobody did more to ensure that we all don't speak German than Churchill; but, that's hard for a kid born in Kenya who grew-up in Malaysia and attended Islamic schools to understand. All he was told was that the Brits supposedly beat his grandfather during a prison stay for being Kenyan.
Let's not forget the marvelous DVD of Obama's speeches that he gave to the Queen that wasn't even formatted correctly for her machine. That went over real well in the British tabloids! And can we forget the great "Apology Tour" to make amends for America's greatness in front of a world audience, friend and foe alike?
It seems incredible to me that an Obama administration responsible for tragedies such as Fast and Furious, Benghazi, releasing convicted New Black Panthers, IRS snooping on conservative groups, bugging press phones at the Capital, sending weapons to Al Qaeda-linked groups in Syria, cutting off promised aid to the new military-backed administration in Egypt and on and on and on, could be bold enough to criticize BIBi Netanyahu. BiBi was elected because he promised the Israeli voters that he would never allow another Holocaust. That seems reasonable enough, eh?
I hope that everyone realizes that this is the SECOND time that Obama has bailed-out the mullahs of Iran.
Impeach the President?
by Larry Henry, VNS Columist
Joseph Stalin was a serious paranoid who purged his military officers, his communist party, his secret police, and most of Russia prior to the German invasion of 1941. The Russian armies were overrun because of this, and the politics of the day. The only thing that saved Russia was mistakes made by Hitler.
Barack Obama has purged 10 flag officers this year alone. Last year was more of the same. General Carter Hamm, United States Africa Command, and Rear Admiral Charles Gaovette, Air Craft Carriers Mediterranean Sea, were immediately sacked following the Benghazi attack. Why? They wanted to rescue our people in harm’s way. This is not speculation. It’s all over the internet. Anyone who disagrees with Obama’s agenda or his handling of Benghazi is fired or court marshalled on trumped up charges.
Quote OF THE DAY
"Voters cannot hold officials responsible if they do not know what government is doing, or which parts of government are doing what. Given that 20 percent thinks the sun revolves around the Earth, it is unsurprising that a majority is unable to locate major states such as New York on a map. Usually only 30 percent of Americans can name their two senators. The average American expends more time becoming informed about choosing a car than choosing a candidate. But, then, the consequences of the former choice are immediate and discernible."
~ George Will
- Turner Syndrome
- FDA Warns Against Procedure for Uterine Fibroids
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- New Review Suggests Benefits of Annual Mammograms Are Overstated
- Breast Lumps (In Women)
- Menstrual Cramps
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- Yeast Infection Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- Could the HPV Test Replace the Pap Test?
- How did teen stowaway survive 5-1/2 hour flight to Hawaii in wheel well?
- Prayers for peace and progress on Boston's Marathon Day
- General Mills' U-turn: OK, you can sue us
- Nevada range war: Western states move to take over federal land
- Malaysian airliner lands safely after tire bursts
- Former army general favorite in Egyptian presidential race
- Chevrolet tips hat to rival Ford
- 'Transcendence' proves no match for 'Captain America'
- 420 festival: How far and fast could legal marijuana spread? (+video)
- Malaysia Flight 370 relatives not ready to talk money amid ongoing search
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Why are Americans obsessed with missing plane?
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Japan PM sends offering to war shrine
- Poll: Big Bang a big question for most Americans
- Cuba home woes endure despite real-estate reform
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- April 9, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- How Parents Are Teaching Kids About Money
- 6 Ways to Save Money on Summer Flights to Europe
- When a Spouse Inherits an IRA
- What Federal Deposit Insurance Covers
- What to Do With a Damaged Smart Phone
- Dividends from Berkshire? Not on Buffett's Watch
- Don't Bet Against Warren Buffett
- Saving for Retirement Advice From Around the Web
- New Fed Chief, New Unemployment Approach
- 10 Financial Commandments for Your 20s
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections