New Study Highlights Financial Health of Hospitals
by the Thomas Jefferson Institute
In a new study released today, the Thomas Jefferson Institute shows the financial health of the hospitals in Virginia. The study may be found here:
"The financial health of the hospitals has become an issue because the hospitals have weighed in on the Medicaid expansion debate saying they need these federal dollars" writes Michael Thompson, President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute, who compiled the numbers and wrote this report.
Using the profit/loss and net worth numbers as reported on the Virginia Hospital Information website, the Jefferson Institute's report shows that most hospitals are doing very well, while a relatively few seem to be in "financial strife."
VNS columnist John Kuchta Jr., AKA Captain Crawdad, writes an interesting piece on the Wall Street Journal - the most widely circulated newspaper in the nation - calling out Obama for the half-black, half-white in competent politician in the nation’s history that he is.
“A ‘deadly’ article,” Kuchta said. Read rest of the story by clicking Read More below:
And in another scathing piece, Kuchta writes:
By golly, when Janet Napalitano told us years ago that the southern border was safer than it had ever been, I believed her!
Janet was the type of woman who was almost Thatcher-esq if you overlooked her lack of integrity, lack of knowledge of her job and slavish devotion to The Kenyan. Liberals liked her because she liked little girls…”. Read rest of his column by clicking Read More below
by Larry Henry - Special to VNS
Cowards to the Right of us,
Traitors to the Left of us,
Media Morons in front of us,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell,
Rode the six hundred
300 from Congress and 300 from the White House.
This reminds me of the allegory of Plato’s Cave.
Socrates describes a band of prisoners who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all their lives, facing a blank wall. The prisoners watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them. Those shadows are as close as they ever get to viewing reality.
by Larry Henry
War is coming … our way.
If you understand the history of the 20th Century, you know what’s around the corner.
The Muslim Brotherhood is on the march. Israel is fighting for her life. Russia is threatening the Ukraine and Eastern Europe. Western Europe and England are being overrun by Islam. China is threatening Formosa and Japan. North Korea, Pakistan, and India all have nuclear weapons. Click [Read More] below for rest of the article
A Christian holocaust is taking place all over the Middle East and coming to America.
Christian men, women, and children, as well as other minorities, are LITERALLY being crucified, butchered, beheaded, raped and sold into slavery by the most grotesque, repugnant brutality unheard of in modernity.
What makes this particularly atrocious is the fact that WE, and every taxpaying American, are funding it.
America, under Obama, provided the “Islamic State of Iraq and Syria”, aka “ISIS”, with training, arms, and equipment, including MRAPS, Hellfire missiles, Humvees, millions of rounds of ammunition, etc, just for starters.
That’s what was ‘officially’ supplied to Iraq and ‘left’ for ISIS to pick up on its way to the slaughter.
by Sue Long - Special to VNS
Davy Crockett that is. When we think of Davy Crockett what usually comes to mind are his exploits as a pioneer wearing a raccoon-tail cap and his death at The Alamo. What is lesser known is that he was also a highly respected member of the United States House of Representatives from Tennessee.
(Note) I launched this guided missile this evening. Personally, I will never touch a Smithfield product as I refuse to partake in cruelty and suffering. It amazes me that nobody, like reporters, ever puts the record-breaking profits and the vague deadlines of 2017 and 2022 together!!! Logic gap big enough to drive a Mack truck through.
Back in December 2011 Smithfield said they would “get rid of all gestation crates for pregnant sows on its farms by 2017.” Pregnant sows were…and apparently still are..kept in a crate with little room to move. Several animal rights groups asked Smithfield to get rid of the ‘gestation crates’ as soon as possible.
In the same month, December 2011, Smithfield posted a $120.7M quarterly profit…it’s third best quarter ever. When this was reported in the Pilot, no relationship was drawn between the cruel practices and the high profit. Click Read More below:
Is it too farfetched to think Obama will try to use the ebola scare to declare marshall law? By executive order, he’s already declared certain cities as ‘quarantine stations’ - El Paso, Los Angeles, and 18 other cities.
Cap’n Crawdad became concerned when he heard Fox News talking about ebola panic. Some conspiracy theorists are ready to believe that the incompetent CDC, which it was recently revealed, lost deadly small pox viruses, and other deadly diseases, is poised to allow ebola to escape into the U.S. population.
If it does, don’t say Cap’n Crawdad and VNS didn’t warn you. But Cap’n Crawdad went running to his front door this morning - expecting hoards of frightened Virginia Beach citizens milling around in flip flops and carrying pitchforks, surfboards, and hockey sticks in protest.
Will the Kenyan-In-Chief use this event to crown himself ruler of the world? Read Kuchta’s take on the ebola panic: http://www.virginianewssource.com/jpk/
- Blood Test for Yeast Infections Approved
- NIH Adds $10M to Encourage Gender Balance in Clinical Trials
- Nonsurgical Treatments Suggested for Women's Urinary Incontinence
- Infertility: Ten Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Infertility
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Co-Workers Take Dim View of Women Who Seek Flex Time: Study
- Women Over 75 May Benefit From Mammograms
- J&J Pulls Hysterectomy Tool Tied to Cancer Risk From Market
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- calcium carbonate, Caltrate 600, Os-Cal 500, Tums Extra, Tums Chewy Delight, and Many Others
- China's media blackout: No reports or images of Hong Kong protests
- Is US being weak - or careful - on Hong Kong protests?
- California wildfires: 2014 budget spent, as typical high-fire season begins (+video)
- Federal judge rules Obamacare subsidies illegal. Will Supreme Court weigh in?
- US, Afghanistan sign agreement to keep 10,000 US troops in country past 2014
- India's sunny 'saffron revolution'
- Sexy Olaf? Re-vamping vampy Disney costumes for adults and kids
- Federal officials confirm first Ebola case diagnosed in US
- Multitudes of mighty sea monkeys move oceans, study says
- Could Michael Phelps' DUI hurt his comeback? (+video)
- Hong Kong chief says voting beats watching TV
- Government confirms first case of Ebola in US
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Secret Service chief on hot seat for WH breach
- Drug and device firms paid $3.5B to care providers
- No images of Hong Kong protests in China's media
- Afghan pact signed amid questions on Iraq pullout
- School spending by affluent is widening wealth gap
- Luck, instinct determined fates of volcano hikers
- Few signs of progress as Obama meets India's Modi
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Recall, Case Count & Investigation Update: Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to...
- July 1, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Calculating Required Distributions From Your Retirement Accounts
- A Timely Look at Unconstrained Bond Funds
- Change Your Medicare Coverage During Open Enrollment
- Best Stocks for Socially Responsible Investors
- Great Mutual Funds You Can Own for Just $100
- Best and Worst Buys of October 2014
- Five States That Hold the Key to Control of the Senate
- How to Survive the Next Stock Market Correction
- Three Tiny Homes With Big Appeal
- Bill Gross Abandons Pimco Funds. Should You?
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections