by Tom Holmes
GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump recently questioned the validity of the US remaining in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). See link below for an article on this issue.
Mr. Trump raised very valid and pertinent issues. That line was also echoed by members of the Senate. Americans must ask themselves whether NATO remains relevant and worth the cost to the American taxpayer. For example:
- Is a Europe that has surrendered to nanny-state socialism, political correctness, and masses of Mohammedan "refugees" worth the lives of young Americans to save?
- Do we continue to expand the alliance solely to tweak the Russian bear's nose, or does the alliance continue to have a legitimate role in the security of Europe and the United States?
- Would America be better served to join Russia in an alliance to combat Islamic-inspired terrorism? [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
Sometimes an obvious point blows right past us when we are too busy trying to take care of the bills to fully understand what we're hearing.
Case in point. This morning we heard that our CIA Director, John Brennan, declared in a very recent interview that the CIA will never again water board another terror suspect, even if ordered to do so by a US President.
What's the big deal, you ask?
Well, in my mind, the fact that John Brennan converted to Islam some years ago is a very big deal!
Is Brennan's latest declaration on the non-use of water boarding a result of his conversion to Islam? If I were a betting man, I'd have to wager that it most certainly is.
by Sue Long - VNS columnist
There are those who define communism in lofty ideals - that it is the solution to the world’s ills if only it were done right. Also, there are those who believe that “communism is dead” in spite of the millions who live in communist-controlled countries; and, here at home, we have the alive-and-well Communist Party USA.
Communism is not new. Ancient history tells us about the Ghouls in India many centuries ago, which operated just as communism has in more recent times, and the Illuminati, which is the precursor of present day communism, dating to 1776.
Through the centuries, little has changed. The modus operandi varies somewhat in order to take advantage of circumstances that prevail, but the ideals and goals are the same. The same ruthless philosophy is the foundation today of the tyrants who already rule and those who aspire to becoming rulers. Stalin is a hero whom they idolize and emulate.
OK, tell me why this angle of the Brussel bombing / shootings is not being covered by the US main stream media (MSM).
Is it because the Brussels / Belgian anti-terror folks couldn't find the Paris shooter / bomber for four months when he had fled to his old neighborhood in Brussels? Think about that. The Paris attack mastermind was living around the corner from his parents' home in Brussels for four months undetected.
Is another reason the US MSM is blocking this reporting angle because Hussein Obama is releasing GITMO terrorists early and watching as they return to the battlefield? Of course it is.
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
Or you can call him and disagree at: 865-607-3472
For some time now I’ve been confused over the fact that Obama hasn’t been impeached. He’s committed every political crime in the book, including, in my opinion, treason. So why is he still there?
Rush Limbaugh explained it recently. To impeach Obama would upset the system. It doesn’t matter which party is in power, both parties feed at the same political trough.
The Democrats and the Republicans take turns mismanaging the country. So to impeach Obama would throw a monkey wrench into the well-oiled and very corrupt political machinery.
A Real Country Cookin' Restauant - On the Road with VNS
The Farmer's Daughter 7700 Erwin Highway
Fridays & Saturdays: 11:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Sundays: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
It's the Real Meal. The Farmer’s Daughter Restaurant. Homemade food served ‘family-style.’ Many of us devotees call it The “Mother Church of Country Cooking,” a throw-back to the wonderful taste of real foods the way momma used to cook them ‘down home’ in Tennessee.
Operated by real country cooking experts. Located in a rural, isolated area about 8 miles from Erwin, TN and about 8 miles from Jonesborough, TN (driving there through some of the most beautiful mountain country you'll ever see, you may wonder if you are going to encounter dueling ‘banjoes’ from Deliverance), yet people drive for up to 100 miles to arrive there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
And why? Check it out. The dinner menu: Posted on a chalk board on the front porch.
On a recent visit, the meats/fish offered included: Fried Chicken, Steak-n-Gravy, Country Ham, Fried Alaskan Whitefish, Fried Cajun Catfish, Chicken ’n Dumplins, Baked Buttermilk Chicken. Each table can order two entrees. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
Virginia News Source has learned Former Circuit Court Judge Patricia L. West is exploring a run for mayor of Virginia Beach, challenging Will Sessoms, recently convicted of conflict of interest for mixing business interests with political decisions.
West reportedly hasn’t made a decision on entering the race, but is strongly considering it. She could not be reached for comment for this story. See her complete resume
Sources have told Virginia News Source that Sessoms is among several Virginia Beach officials being investigated by the FBI. The FBI will not deny the reports.
The match-up will be interesting: As one political wag put it: “Judge West judged crimes, she didn’t commit them."
West was on the Circuit Court bench from 2000-2012, where she presided over civil and criminal matters from eminent domain to capital murder cases, including jury, non-jury trials and administrative law appeals.
She is a staunch conservative and opposes the proposed extension of Norfolk's Light Rail system into Virginia Beach, finding it incomprehensible to justify such expenditure of tax funds when compared to the many more pressing needs of the city. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story]
By Sue Long, VNS Columnist
Slavery is denounced in no uncertain terms and rightly so. But, many who condemn the version of slavery that was in effect prior to the Xlll Amendment wholeheartedly support slavery in the present-day version.
Communism is slavery in its most virulent form. It affects people of all races, ages and socio economic levels. It has been imposed at the cost of the lives of more than 100 million people who have been worked, starved and tortured to death. Once imposed it is a binding situation with little hope of relief. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
- Vice Mayor Louis Jones is part of the problem ...
- Destroying America: Arrogance, Hypocrisy & Treason
- National Debt Not Your Friend - possibility of nationalizing your retirement funds
- If Hillary's indicted could Michael Bloomberg replace her?
- Attend "Fair & Equitable Grading" in VB Schools
- Abide by the Constituton - Don't Pervert It with Change
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Breast Cancer Gene Might Lower Women's Fertility: Study
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Study Links Green Spaces to Longer Lives for Women
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment
- The real war against Islamic State
- Expecting a baby? Avoid these four common money mistakes.
- Probability we're the only intelligent life ever? Really low, say astronomers.
- Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway investors refuse to take stand on climate change
- Iraqi protesters end Green Zone sit-in for now after issuing demands
- As deadlines come and go, Puerto Rico's debt crisis grows
- Can Ford compete in the long-range electric vehicle market?
- Box Office: 'Jungle Book' Triumphs, 'Keanu' Stumbles, 'Mother's Day' Bombs
- Mini launches new service to help owners rent out their cars
- Elephants to perform for final time at Ringling Bros. circus
- Iraqis end demonstration in Baghdad's Green Zone
- James Bond meets Samuel Colt: Seeking to build a safer gun
- From new to old, some of the gun safety features over time
- Watchdog looks to counter new chemical weapons threats
- US once again forced to turn to Russia for help on Syria
- Longtime chef: Prince fought throat, stomach pains recently
- Elephants to perform for final time at Ringling Bros. circus
- South Africa: Rescued lions explore new home in sanctuary
- Train derails in Washington, DC; leaks hazardous chemical
- Malia Obama to take gap year before entering Harvard in 2017
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Why You Should Buy and Hold Exxon Stock as Oil Rebounds
- A Financial Planner's Playbook for NFL Draft's Rookie Millionaires
- Home Sales Rise Across the Country
- Taking Required Minimum Distributions From Simplified Employee Pensions
- Expect Higher Gasoline Prices
- 3 Things You Must Know to Be Financially Literate
- 3 Things You Didn't Know About Warren Buffett
- 8 Things You Get Wrong About Personal Finance
- Best Low-Volatility Stocks for the Next Bear Market
- 10 Financial Decisions You Will Regret Forever