I had a rare moment Wednesday afternoon: I sat down to listen to President Barry's press conference. For those who know me personally, you can stop the snickering. Yes, I really did take time to listen! In fact, I had just listened to McConnell's press conference and was pleasantly surprised at his performance. Barry, however, was another story.
It may be just me, but I thought "The Dear Leader" was in a state of denial. He said he heard the people, but then tried to excuse his party's debacle by stating how many people chose not to vote, thus, deflecting the blame. Most importantly, he seemed to have forgotten what he said prior to the election: That the election was all about his policies.
I think he has a serious problem. He actually believes what he'd been told: That he was supposed to be the messiah of American politics. He now seems utterly confused and irritated that instead he is the pariah of American politics. Perhaps this is why he came across as a man betrayed, rather than defeated. It was as if he had just realized that "community organizer" wasn't exactly good training ground to be President of the United States of America.
Abraham Lincoln said you can fool some of the people all of the time. Indeed, two major hoaxes were born in modern America, and it is surprising how many have been fooled. Both portray something depraved as decency victimized. Both seek to shame people into submission with cries of injustice and intolerance. Yet both have been exposed as deception by science, medicine, sociology, and our own consciences.
Ironically, both are dependent upon an abusive slant on something sacred: being BORN...Homosexuals claim they are helpless victims of society because they are BORN that way, and abortion advocates depict women as victims of unwanted "parts" that are not BORN yet.
IN FACT, medical and scientific technology including ultrasound and videography have revealed the individual DNA, intricate development, heartbeat, brain functions, human responses, and even abortion pain reflexes of unborn children at the earliest stages.
IN FACT, the latest genetics research reveals no "gay gene", and homosexuals are born no more blameless and without choice than those of other sexual impulses including incest and pedophilia. (www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/ViewPage.aspx?pageId=66)
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
“If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. You can keep your doctor, period. Not even a smidgeon of corruption. Don’t let anybody tell you that its corporations and businesses that create jobs.” ~ Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Philosopher Karl Popper believed in open society, open borders, and no religion.
Columbia professors Cloward and Piven believed in overloading the welfare system to create a crisis which would lead to a national annual income, and the end of poverty.
Saul Alinsky believed in destroying Capitalism from within by joining the political system, moving up then forcing a welfare state.
As the November election approaches, remember one thing: The candidate with the greatest amount of campaign contributions is using special interest cash to fund advertising to cover the fact they are incompetent … unworthy of election.
Campaign cash is merely a bribe by well-heeled developers and businessmen to ‘BUY’ elections for candidates who’ll support their wishes and agendas once elected.
There is no way that highly financed campaigns can be justified by candidates for jobs that pay less than $30,000 a year unless it represents a 'legal' bribe or payoff.
So what’s the motive? Screwing the public. Setting up the future to line their own pockets at the expense of the taxpayers. See story, TIP OF THE ICEBERG, below for an analysis of the campaign’s funding for this elections' incompetents.
Here are the VNS Picks
Senate: Ed Gillespie
2nd District Congress: Scott Rigell
Virginia Beach City Council:
(2 seats) At large: Incumbent John D. Moss; newcomer George Furman III
(1 seat) Bayside: Incumbent Louis R. Jones, unopposed
(1 seat) Beach: No recommendation: Write in your own favorite video pornographer
(1 seat) Lynnhaven: Incumbent James L. (Jim) Wood
(1 seat) Princess Anne: Newcomer Pieri E. Burton
(1 seat) Rose Hall: Newcomer, Beatrice R. (Petey) Browder
(2 seats) At large: Incumbent Dorothy M. “Dottie” Holtz; newcomer, Robert N. “Bobby” Melatti
(1 seat) Bayside: Incumbent Carolyn D. Weems
(1seat ) Beach: Incumbent Samuel G. (Sam) Reid
(1 seat) Lynnhaven: Newcomer Carolyn T. Rye
(1) Princess Anne: Newcomer Kimberly A. Melnyk
We all have our weaknesses or vices, but we aren't privileged to justify them. They are not our birthright.
Though some are revealed impetuously, others result because we choose to act on them. Even Jesus' apostles made the distinction by reiterating those acts of choice: Matthew 15:19, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:10
The list is all conscious and consequential conduct. We may have innate temptations to some choices – even be prone to addictions or lusts that need help and support – but not a license to condone or endorse them.
Don't be deceived by social activism and insensitivities, for we inherently know better. It is self-serving disinformation that is drowning out moral honesty.
And who needs to know this? YOUTH -- immature children and young people who are being wrongly confused about sexuality ... between what is conspicuously natural and what is being redefined as natural ... by media, education, and politics seeking to compel kids that LGBT is "who they are", rewriting morality within minors.
Ira White - Portsmouth
So far Christian pastors, photographers, bakers and others have been sued by homosexuals for not servicing their same-sex marriages despite association with such practices being against their biblical and moral conscience, and despite the fact that the homosexuals could have gone anywhere.
It is a maligned and intentional move that can't be overlooked any longer. Here's the truth behind their documented agenda.
In 1986, a Supreme Court decision upheld states' rights to prohibit sodomy. A pro-sodomy strategy was then devised by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, authors of a groundbreaking article "The Gay Agenda".
They realized the only way to forward their plan was to shift it from a sodomy issue to a sexual-identity issue, advocating for a minority group of "gay" citizens who were victims of civil rights abuse. Based on the Civil Rights Act, gays had to meet three criteria:
1) suffered discrimination
2) powerless to help themselves
3) BORN that way. (The latter had never been a common conviction of homosexuality.)
by Beth Allen
[Editor’s note: I’m attaching a quick, incomplete and rough analysis of the campaign contributions generated by the Sessoms/Townebank cartel. I've dropped all the VPAP numbers into my spreadsheets. There are lots of numbers here, and it may put you to sleep and you may think you already know all of this anyway. But, it is still pretty riveting to see it all before you. And this is not complete, just the tip of the iceberg…]
NOVEMBER 4 ELECTIONS INFLUENCED BY MONEY …
The 2014 campaign for election to City Council provides an opportunity to observe the influence that Mayor Sessoms and TowneBank have over the selection of candidates and the ultimate outcome of the elections. Fewer than 100 people are exerting considerable influence over the outcome of City Council elections in Virginia Beach. All data is sourced from: www.vpap.org.
Local Election Background
Seven out of 11 City Council seats are up for re-election: five district seats and two at-large seats. Incumbents in three of the seven seats are running unopposed: John Uhrin – Beach District; Louis Jones – Bayside District; Jim Wood – Lynnhaven District. They will win.
The four remaining seats, all defended by incumbents, are the Princess Anne District, the Rose Hall District, and two at-large seats. Barbara Henley, the incumbent for Princess Anne, faces a single opponent who has raised just $1,200 to Henley’s $28,296. Henley is popular in her district and will easily win.
Click here to Read rest of the financial bribery story:
My two cents: The Virginian "Pile-it" has lost more subscribers and has just within the week, made more personnel cutbacks and wonders why. Maybe it's because of who they are endorsing as candidates in Virginia Beach's council races. Of course all their picks endorse Light Rail all the way, no matter what the costs.....to the paper's detriment and apparent demise, I'd say. How's that workin' out?
I liken the Light Rail referendum in 2012 to asking "Who wants ice cream?" The word reasonable was in the question but nowhere to be found in the pursuit of this project. The public voted on Who wants Light Rail without the actual costs in the referendum question. So it's like Who wants Ice Cream?.....oh, but after the fact we find out it is going to cost thousand$$$ a scoop....and you're going to get two scoops.
Quote OF THE DAY
"One of the curious aspects of the Tea Party’s emergence during the past four years is the extent to which the mainstream media have fostered the idea that this political phenomenon represents a kind of radicalism. Certainly, some politicians of the so-called Tea Party have tossed out ideas and expressions that have been silly and warped. Does that mean, though, that the Tea Party, as a broad political movement, is radical?
"The answer is no. The Tea Party is a reactive movement, aimed at protecting the political mainstream from radical ideas, initiatives and policies of the left. Indeed, a review of American politics over, say, the last 50 years reveals that, to the extent America has been grappling with radicalism, it has been coming from the left. Then, as these ideas have gained traction through the agitations of the country’s liberal establishment, that establishment promptly labels those who resist as radicals."
~ Robert W. Merry, Political Editor, The National Interest
- Study Ties Teen Smoking to Risk of Severe Menstrual Cramps
- Kids: An Rx for Menopause's Hot Flashes?
- mifepristone, Mifeprex
- Women Less Likely to Get Kidney Dialysis Than Men, Study Finds
- terconazole, Terazol, Zazole
- Why Aren't There Sex Drugs for Women?
- Urinary Prosthetic Device for Women Approved
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Health Tip: Wearing High Heels
- Thanksgiving recipe: Cranberry and spicy jalapeno sauce
- Thanksgiving recipe: Cranberry tangerine relish
- Obama golfing with Derek Jeter – but Shadow Creek may be the real star
- Obama’s immigration plan may give him the upper hand for now (+video)
- Cultural shift on sexual assault: Why Bill Cosby allegations coming out now?
- Six ways the Ferguson grand jury is unusual
- Rare video of fiercely 'beautiful' deep-sea Black Seadevil
- #ThanksMichelleObama for 'mystery mush' and 'plastic food.' First lady fair target? (+video)
- Amazon Black Friday deals 2014: Here are hottest deals
- Indictment of CEO potential turning point in coal mine safety
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry dies at 78
- A way for GOP to defuse immigration issue?
- Afghan parliament approves US, NATO agreements
- Islamic State group recruits, exploits children
- Iraqi premier, US look to aid Islamic State battle
- Ferguson prepares for grand jury decision
- Iran: Nuclear talks may focus on extension soon
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in Japan quake
- 2009 massacre haunts Philippines as trial slows
- Pacquiao knocks Algieri down 6 times, dominates
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- July 31, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Surprising Tax Deductions
- Best Apps for Holiday Shoppers
- 7 Things to Pack to Save on Your Next Trip
- Gifts That Keep on Giving
- 14 Things Not to Buy During the Holidays
- How to Make the Most of Your Charitable Giving
- 7 Stocks Under $10 Worth Buying
- Take a Tax Break for Decluttering
- How to Save on Your Thanksgiving Feast
- Best Doorbuster Deals for Thanksgiving Day
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections