Letter to editor:
First off, saw the movie WAR ROOM with my wife. Incredible. See it. Nuff said.
Second, the blessings that flowed in and around the theater were the biggest surprise, and only reinforced the power of the film's message.
We were coming out of the Cracker Barrel near the theater on our way to the film. I was holding the door for some black ladies who were obviously dressed for church services, and a older man finally took the door and said "Thanks, bless you."
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
September 29, 1938: Neville Chamberlain signed a non-aggression pact with Adolf Hitler of Nazi Germany. Prime Minister Chamberlain was hailed as securing peace for Europe. September 1, 1939: The German Army stormed into Poland. That set the stage for WW II which killed 60,000,000 people.
Bob Corker drafted a bill, which was ratified by the Senate, which relieved Barack Obama of obtaining a two third senate majority vote to approve his nuclear deal with Iran.
Instead, Corker’s bill placed the burden of a two third majority vote to veto the Iran deal on the Senate. In other words, this bill virtually assured that Obama could give Iran our blessing for nuclear proliferation.
Can you say “madness,” boys and girls?
When it comes to social and political causes, the ignorance and invective prevalent among polarized camps are largely based on the fact that people evade the root problem. It's like debating plans on how to build a structure without any thought to the mortar or fasteners to hold it all together. In the case of racial equality, for example, most choose not to heed what Martin Luther King clarified as the priorities, even as they carelessly compare their own wide-ranging agendas to his example.
In his Letter from A Birmingham Jail(1963), he wrote at length about his efforts for justice, and then cemented them with foundations higher and stronger than courts, politicians, and popular opinion:
In the spirit of Jonathan Swift, let me suggest a modest proposal.
ISIS can now be diagnosed as a cancer. Having had a recent experience with cancer (2013, in remission now), I know personally that you treat it with radiation, chemo, and surgery if you have to mop up the little remaining pieces.
The nuclear nations of the world (US, Russia, Britain, France, Israel, and India) have enough combined nuclear weapons to eradicate all of the areas where the cancer ISIS currently infects.
Yes, ISIS is precisely like a cancer.
This morning I was sent an article by a well-meaning patriot, telling me that "200 retired generals and admirals oppose the Iran deal." What followed was an article on how said admirals and generals were sending a strongly worded letter to Congress telling them how bad the Iran deal really is.
OK, so my reaction? Hmmm... Gee that's just wonderful!
I was reminded of something Mark Steyn said as he was hosting the Rush Limbaugh show the other day, about RINO senators and congressmen standing there with a scowl and announcing they've opposed abortion for 30, 40, 50 years or more. But guess what, we still have Roe v. Wade and taxpayer financed abortions.
It's not enough to stand hands on hips DECLARING your opposition to something, YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. Bring about legislation, make a meaningful stand against the president, fight him for God's sake!
Opposing the Iran deal sounds all cushy nice and mealy mouthed pap for the somnolent class, but I'll believe them when I actually see some action taken... you know, like a military coup, or some arrests being manifested for these traitors, Obama, Kerry, and the rest of them.
Until then, I can't be bothered by people who simply "oppose" this or that, or send around incessant petitions and ask me to "call my representative"...or something.
Truth is, I HAVE NO REPRESENTATIVE anymore. None of us do, they're all useless, self-serving, and corrupt. There is only one thing now that can save the republic from the girly men that are in charge, and that's to TAKE AWAY their offices and replace them immediately with real men, real patriots, and sane people.
That applies to the Supreme Court as well, the entire system of checks and balances is broken except in this manner: They write the checks and we the people pay the balances.
So do I care that 200 generals and admirals (retired by the way) oppose the Iran deal? Well...it's a start, and what a lovely one it is too, my oh my, makes my heart just go pitty-pat.
But really, call me when the real fight begins, that's when I will get involved.
Bill in Tennessee
by Larry Henry
There are member of Congress, House and Senate, who have taken bribes from the Iran Lobby. They took these bribes then voted for Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran.
United States Senate:
House of Representatives:
To the Editor,
Citizens to Save our Constitution is comprised of private citizens who are dedicated to saving our United States Constitution from the threat of being misguidedly altered or even replaced.
Originally made up of citizens of Virginia, the group has grown to include others from across the country to California. Funding has come from the budgets of working people and retirees.
Many well-meaning people have been sold on petitioning Congress to call a constitutional convention – also called a con-con, Article V Convention, Convention of States (COS) and Amending Convention.
by Ira White - Portsmouth
In recent years society has devoted more focus on bullying in schools, but are missing the most prevalent bullies everywhere else. It's the few who constantly circle society itself with a chip on their shoulder, intimidating anyone and everyone, and attacking without provocation.
As always, the chips are a benign excuse for premeditated aggression to beat down the population and elevate the bully to self-imposed prominence and power:
"We dare you to knock it off. Go ahead – Say 'anchor baby' one more time, let your school band try playing 'How Great Thou Art', use homophobic 'mother and father' as a legal family term, pray someplace where we can see you, denounce gender-neutral bathrooms in schools, dare to call someone a 'Muslim terrorist' or 'illegal alien', tell me again that your 'religious conscience' doesn't allow you to participate in a same-sex event, or whine that you don't want unborn babies suffering pain and mutilation."
"Yes, we'll come up with more. Watch your back. Democracy, liberty, life, and free speech don't rule here. WE DO, and we'll strike you down with media, lawsuits, and court rulings."
We seem to forget that bullies are only as strong as their victims allow them to be. Even a pompous judge or president has no bully pulpit when a majority confronts them, whether its the face of popular outcry or the pressured backlash from elected representatives.
In their absence, minority activists and attorneys are ruling society and the legal system. "Political correctness" is only a euphemism. NATIONAL NIHILISM – "noun: the rejection of all religious and moral principles" – is a more accurate term.
Our popular outcry better rule the next election, or the cowering will be complete.
Then we lose constitutional command of moral democracy and relinquish it to bully autocracy.
With that ultimate endorsement, they'll be hunting us all down on our streets and playgrounds.
Watch your back.
- Uterine Growths
- Video Games May Make Women Pile Up More Than Points
- Computer-Aided Mammograms May Not Be Worth the Cost: Study
- MRIs Before Breast Cancer Surgery on the Rise: Study
- Antidepressants Top Treatment Choice for Severe PMS: Researchers
- ofloxacin, Floxin (Discontinued Brand)
- Health Tip: What May Cause Urinary Incontinence
- Dangers of Vaginal Mesh Surgery for Incontinence May Be Overstated: Study
- Growth Hormone May Lower Odds of Fractures in Older Women
- False-Positive Mammogram Result Traumatic for Most Women: Study
- Hillary Clinton wants expelled LGBT vets to get 'honorable' discharges
- Refill stations: Why the Detroit Zoo no longer sells bottled water
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. Donald Trump: Do celebrity endorsements matter?
- Why pundits (still) don't expect Trump to win GOP nomination
- BP settlement agreement announced in July to be filed Monday
- Hurricane Joaquin update: Coast Guard resumes search for missing cargo ship
- Did University of Louisville hire escorts for basketball recruits?
- Preet Bharara focuses on political favors in New York state government probe
- What's really behind rising home prices
- 200-year rains flood the Carolinas. What's blocking the rain from leaving?
- More rain, flooding forecast along soggy East Coast
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message
- More police refusing to name shooters for fear of copycats
- Bahamas search finds life ring but no other sign of US ship
- Gay former student of Pope Francis' speaks out
- Doctors Without Borders: 19 dead in Afghan clinic airstrike
- A glare, a handshake, a pope: Busy UN summit makes history
- Death row inmate at 16, later freed, she can't escape past
- Scherzer throws his 2nd no-hitter this year, Nats sweep Mets
- Playoff pulse: Alabama not fading away; Ohio State escapes
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- The Best Way to Get a Tax Break for Child Care Costs
- New Smartphone Math: Pay for Your Phone, Save on Your Plan
- It's Time for Medicare Open Enrollment
- 7 Must-Have Items for Your Emergency Kit
- Hotels Offer New Perks for Loyal Guests
- Most Tax-Friendly States in the U.S.
- Everyday Things That Refuse to Die
- Financial Aid Advice: What to Do Before the End of 2015 for Your FAFSA
- Good Stocks That Keep Raising Dividends
- Best Big Oil Stocks for Safe Dividends