I'm sure if Scott Rigell ends up with an pro-gun target on his back, he'll be cooked.
I knew Scott before he ran for the office and liked him. Believed him to be a solid conservative and supporter of gun rights. But after finding out that he was a financial supporter of Obama, my faith began to get shaky.
Hoping aboard Air Force One and sitting on Obama's lap was bad enough but to vote the bastard's gun agenda, I can't forgive him.
He tries to excuse his actions as being insignificant, the donation to Obama was to keep Hillary from winning, taking away my rights to to make a private buy or gun sale without reporting it to the government? Rigell has to be nuts. We legal and law-abiding gun owners shouldn't be the target of his anti-gun wrath - the criminals should be.
Make it illegal for criminals to buy, sell, trade, possess, or use a gun in the commission of a crime: Oh, that's already the law? Well enforce it. Don't make such useless acts and policies apply to me and add more expense for bureaucrats: I don't break any of the laws.
I can't wrap my head around this guy anymore. I will certainly not vote for or work for him again.
Fed Up with two-faced, lying politicians - Virginia Beach
The Weekly Standard ran the following on its online site on 17 May:
"NBC's Lisa Myers reported this morning that the IRS deliberately chose not to reveal that it had wrongly targeted conservative groups until after the 2012 presidential election:
The IRS commissioner 'has known for at least a year that this was going on,' said Myers, 'and that this had happened. And did he share any of that information with the White House? .... Imagine if we -- if you can -- what would have happened if this fact came out in September 2012, in the middle of a presidential election? The terrain would have looked very different.'"
This is just one of many reports on the emerging scandals from the Obama Administration. The mainstream media (MSM) seem to have awakened finally to the fact that there is trouble aplenty inside The Beltway. Even MSNBC's Chris Matthews has lost that tingly feeling for Obama.
Perhaps he wonders at night whether the AP was the only target of the Justice Department's secret grab! It would make for poetic justice were the stakes not so high, but I digress.
Regarding the IRS scandal, there is one big question that troubles me: Did the MSM conspire with the Obama Administration to withhold information regarding the growing IRS scandal from the American public?
Right-wing conspiracy theorist, you say. Well, stop and think about how hard it is to keep a secret in DC at any time, much less during an election year. Yet, according to emerging reports, the IRS is supposed to have kept under wraps information that would have severely undermined the president's re-election campaign.
Yes, good citizens, we are to believe that security was so good within the IRS, not one person outside the IRS hierarchy, even among The Beltway media, knew of/had a hint of the problem! Hmm...Why do I suddenly get the feeling someone's trying to sell me oceanfront property in Arizona?
Of course, we all know the MSM were busily slanting the news to ensure the re-election of the "anointed one." However, did they go as far as to conspire to keep from the voters information concerning abuses by the IRS?
No way, you say, but let us recall that CBS has been outed for censoring reports concerning Benghazi.
Did they and the other networks also take the same tack with respect to other reporting detrimental to the president's re-election?
Only the hierarchy among the MSM fraternity knows the answer. Will they have the intestinal fortitude to address the issue?
Tom Holmes - Virginia Beach
It appears that the ultimate example of dastardly creeps, George Soros, is behind some of the Obama Administration scandal. In a NewsMax article, the president & CEO of the Catholic League, Dr. William Donohue, states he has evidence the left-wing tycoon (Soros) was involved:
The problems with the IRS extend beyond playing politics with conservative groups seeking a tax-exempt status. I have never made this public before, but given the heightened interest in the way the IRS has conducted itself, the time has come to disclose what happened.
Just weeks after Barack Obama was elected president in 2008, I (Dr. Donohue) was notified by the IRS that the Catholic League was under investigation for violating the IRS Code on political activities... What the IRS did not know was that I had proof who contacted them to launch the investigation: Catholics United, a George Soros-funded Catholic organization.
Here we have George Soros, an immigrant and NAZI collaborator in his younger days, using the influence bought by his fortune to attack a conservative religious organization. What else has his money gone to do? Is he the real culprit behind the IRS scandal? Has Obama allowed him too much leverage within his administration?
The American people deserve and must demand answers to this and the mounting number of scandals developing within The Beltway. Soros needs to be shown the door. In fact, he probably should be behind bars for what he's done around the world, much less this particular issue. Remember, this is the man who "broke the Bank of England" in 1992, when he made over one billion UK pounds by shorting the pound.
Tom Holmes - Virginia Beach
Planned Parenthood's revelatory response to the Gosnell conviction: "...no more WOMEN will be harmed..."
They couldn't bring themselves to mention the BABIES who were murdered.
That's because it will "humanize" the very item that they are eliminating as well. It is so easy to read between the liberal lines.
Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling, a once rising star in the state GOP, but who was squeezed out of the running for governor in a power play by Atty. General Ken Cuccinelli, has endorsed Virginia Beach Councilman Glenn Davis for the House of Delegates in the 84th District.
Davis, unchallenged for the GOP's nomination, said he was thrilled at Bolling's endorsement.
Bolling who is boycotting this weekend's GOP nominating convention, has recently formed the Virginia Mainstream Project, to support 'mainstream' conservative candidates.
But his actions after being denied the gubernatorial nomination by his fellow Republicans has created a party split - between the hardcore Conservatives, like Cuccinelli, other Republicans that have more moderate leanings.
Of his endorsement of Davis, Bolling said: "Glenn Davis has shown, both as an entrepreneur and a City Councilman, that he understands it too. Glenn has a record of opposing needless regulations that make it harder for small business to grow, expand, and hire."
by Kenneth White, President
Following is text of public Statement by Kenneth White, President of Virginia Taxpayers Association, at about 2:30 P.m. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 during Public Comment segment of regular monthly Board meeting of Nelson County Board of Supervisors in Nelson County Court House, Lovingston, Virginia:
From time to time it may be useful, in considering the ongoing relationship between the Virginia Taxpayers Association and the Nelson County Board of Supervisors, to review this relationship, study it, and think how this relationship might be improved. A kind of pattern has emerged where the spokesman for the VTA presents very important new information to the Board about what is going on in the world, the United States, the Commonwealth of Virginia, other local governments and the media, both establishment and non-establishment, which you Board members had not heard or read about before, because establishment
To begin with, the fact is: the entire globe is already under a worldwide dictatorship, run by Goldman Sachs, an ultra high class bunch of gangsters that are too powerful for anyone to correct or control them. Proof that they are gangsters and know it is the large number of lawsuits filed by their own stockholder customers whom they deliberately misadvised to purchase worthless stocks as they pretended to preserve the value of the customers' holdings. So admittedly, Goldman Sachs cannot be called a reputable organization.
Three scandals at once: Benghazi, IRS harassment, and now spying on AP phone calls.
Ira White - Portsmouth
by John Kuchta
Two quick points:
- Catherine Crabill - Confessing she's an enemy of the state!
- A week is all it takes - but the Congress needs more time to down a failing presidency
- Boston Bombing – FBI and CIA Failures
- Kuchta has two words for treasonous behavior of President Obama and his flunkies: Saudi Arabia
- Regardless of feelings on Transportation Plan: Money must be wisely spent
- Shining lights in Iraq
- Nourison Recalls Rugs Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot
- Insolroll Recalls Roller Shades with Solar and Rechargeable Motors Due to Fire Hazard
- Lea Industries Recalls Children’s Beds Due to Fall Hazard
- Powell Company Recalls Anywhere Lounger Bean Bag Chairs Due to Suffocation and Strangulation Hazards
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Maker Due to Burn and Fire Hazards; New Instructions Provided
- Deezo Children’s Hooded Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Recalled by Zulily Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Optimus Recalls Portable Electric Heaters Due to Fire Hazard
- Meijer Recalls Touch Point Baseboard Convection Heaters Due to a Fire Hazard
- Toro Recalls Zero Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard
- Family Dollar Stores Recalls Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters Due to Overheating and Fire Hazards
- Women Less Likely to Get Trauma Center Care After Injury: Study
- Breast Self Exam
- Procedure for Incontinence in Women May Lose Effectiveness With Time
- Angelina Jolie Has Preventative Double Mastectomy
- Could Adaptable Bacteria Cause Repeat Urinary Tract Infections?
- Pelvic Exam
- Exercise May Lower Older Women's Risk for Kidney Stones
- Longer Wait for Mammogram After Benign Breast Biopsy May Be Warranted
- Implants May Delay Breast Cancer Detection, Raise Death Risk
- Blood Test May Catch Deadly Fungal Infection Quickly
- Kissing protest held in Turkey
- Fuel-friendly summer: Four convertibles with good gas mileage
- Asparagus and caramelized onion tart
- New Jersey Catholic church official resigns in sex abuse case
- Boy Scouts: Will anti-gay troops emerge?
- Clinton leads 2016 poll in Iowa, but Rand Paul is close
- 'Behind the Candelabra': Michael Douglas discusses playing the legendary musician
- Obama, Hagel tell young officers: You must lead in ridding US military of sexual assault
- Does Amazon 'Subscribe and Save' really save?
- 'Black widow' suicide bomber injures 18 in Russia's Dagestan region
- Obama refocuses terror threat to pre-9/11 level
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Tornado upon them, quick choices decided fate
- Political landscape changes with improving economy
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Hezbollah chief commits to victory in Syria
- Obama's drone rules provide limits, ambiguity
- 16 children, 1 teacher die in Pakistan bus fire
- What They Found In Lincoln’s Pockets the Night He Was Shot
- Trayvon Martin's Texts Matter, George Zimmerman Defense Attorneys Say
- Snowe: Reid and McConnell are Responsible for Senate Breakdown
- Boy Scouts Allowing Gay Youth OK With Mormon Church
- Why Health Care and Immigration Is a Dangerous Combination
- Radio Talk Show Host Plans 'Impeach Obama March' for Flag Day
- Life Discovered in Earth's Coldest Environment Yet
- A Q&A With Obama Heckler Medea Benjamin on Protests, Drones and Gitmo
- German Brewers Fear Fracking Could Damage Centuries-Old Industry
- Police: I-5 Bridge Collapse in Washington State Likely Caused by Truck
- May 24, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- May 22, 2013 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked to Live...
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- May 8, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- April 16, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- April 3, 2013 (Investigation Update): Eight Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Small...
- (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Ground Beef
- Getting a Storm Claim Paid
- Mining States Feel Pinch of Commodities Slump
- How Stores' Price-Match Policies Compare
- Retirees Return to College Just for the Fun of It
- Spending Wisely Advice From Around the Web
- Does a Spate of Manager Departures at T. Rowe Price Signal Trouble?
- Turbulent Days Ahead for Bond Investors
- 4 Stocks Set to Gain from Rising Security Needs
- Protect Your Finances From Dog Bites
- Small Businesses To Face Mortgage Squeeze
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 10, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- April 3, 2012 [FINAL Update]: Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O26 Infections Linked to Raw...
- How CEOs Can Beat The Clock: 5 Tips From HP's Meg Whitman
- Relax, Your Memorial Day Fashion Guide Is Here
- As More Alzheimer's Drugs Fail, Researchers Find Hope In Vitamins And Spice
- Graduation and College Cartoons
- Long Robes And Silly Hats: What Is Graduation?
- How You Can Benefit From All Your Stress
- Print Pretty Looks Inspired By Katie Couric
- For Fitness Upstart, Three's Company
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parent's Loneliness
- Sexist Women Bosses