by Michael Thompson
A new study by the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy shows that Virginia is in a position to capture a substantial share of the international nuclear power market.
We are in a position to offer the technology, the engineering and the expertise to build safe and environmentally friendly nuclear power plants all over the world.
The new study, Virginia Can Lead the Nation’s Nuclear Renaissance (here), focuses on the power potential from nuclear energy and the economic advantages available to Virginia from this expanding industry.
Mike Thompson is currently the Chairman and President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy, a non-partisan Virginia focused foundation dealing with the issues of improving education, government reform, economic development and environmental stewardship. This foundation is the state’s premier independent public policy foundation and has gained broad based respect from political and business leaders throughout Virginia.
Click [Read More] for rest of the article.
by Ira White - Portsmouth
Doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists and geneticists are affirming from their practices and research – and often with their jobs and reputations at risk from propagandists and politicians – that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, pedophile, and pornographer are ALL personality disorders that need medical care and not endorsement as a normal "born that way" trait by government, society or junk science.
But people aren't seeing how LGBT activism and Same-Sex Marriage are affecting the most vulnerable – our CHILDREN. And, as you will hear, those children feel uniquely stigmatized or isolated from speaking honestly about their circumstances.
What the evidence shows, as with the brutal abortion lobby, is radical activists and their political and medical collaborators playing social, sexual, and psychological roulette with youth through public schools, children's books, organizations like scouting, broadcast and social media, and now malignant laws bred from court decrees posing as federal legislation. Here are some of the powerful personal stories being censored from the public discourse...
DAWN STEPHANOWICZ: "I am one of six adult children of gay parents who recently filed amicus briefs asking the Supreme Court to respect the authority of citizens to keep the original definition of marriage. I also live in Canada, where same-sex marriage was federally mandated in 2005."
"If you say or write anything considered 'homophobic' (including same-sex marriage), you could face termination of employment or prosecution by the government. Now all children only have 'legal parents' [not 'natural parents'], as defined by the state. By legally erasing biological parenthood, the state ignores children’s foremost right: their immutable, intrinsic yearning to know and be raised by their own biological parents."
Children are not commodities that can be justifiably severed from their natural parentage and traded between unrelated adults
"Children in same-sex households will often deny their grief, feeling pressured to speak positively due to the politics surrounding LGBT households." CLICK READ MORE BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY ...
GOP defendants, in a $5 MILLION defamation lawsuit brought by Del. Scott Taylor over dirty political tricks, which included attempts to link Taylor to illicit drug use and a Newport News prostitute, settled the case out of court.
Terms of the settlement are confidential.
Defendants included former 2nd District GOP chairman Gary Byler, campaign workers Gerald Scimeca, Kyle Adams, Austin Chambers, and current GOP 2nd District chairman Curtis Colegate, all of whom protested vehemently when details of the plot were disclosed in a Virginia News Source investigation.
In settling the case, the dirty tricks were blamed on the underlings.
In their statement, the defendants said, “At the time Kyle Adams gave the Byler campaign the information purporting to be from Meagan Bakelaar's Facebook archives, the Byler campaign thought it was true.
“During the course of discovery in this case, the Byler campaign has learned that it was not true and that it was fabricated. We are sorry that the information was used in the campaign and for the embarrassment the use of the information caused Scott Taylor."
by Michael Thompson
Chairman and President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy
Puerto Rico is in serious financial crisis, and because the island is a U.S. territory, this is a matter of concern to taxpayers in Virginia and throughout the country.
As a territory, this government cannot declare bankruptcy under current Chapter 9 law, but it wants to do just that.
No government gets itself into this kind of trouble with its eyes closed. Today it owes some $74 billion in current debts, with long term liabilities exceeding $160 billion.
This summer major payments are due bondholders and it looks as if those payments may not be made. So what is the territorial government asking of Congress? They want authority to declare bankruptcy and leave hundreds of thousands of Americans, including many here in Virginia, holding worthless paper.
The newly-obtained Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) report forwarded to the White House and State Dept. just after the 2012 Benghazi attack confirms that the administration's efforts behind Benghazi were specifically crafted to conceal administration malfeasance and re-elect Obama in 2012. I had been writing about surfacing reports by reputable journalists since early 2013, but Obama and Hillary still have not been held accountable for fatalities, coverups, and conspicuous dereliction of duty. Remember these facts – all currently relevant and incriminating, and most substantiated by the DIA report:
1. Arms were indeed being secretly transported from Benghazi to Syrian rebels – now Al Qaeda and ISIS – by Obama. Ambassador Stevens was sent, at least in part, to coordinate that effort. The 2012 DIA report also predicted the rise of an ISIS in Syria and Iraq, the region where Obama was shipping arms and 17 months before he called ISIS "JV". CLICK [READ MORE] BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY
THE GREATEST THREAT
I was talking with a pastor the other day about the greatest threat to America. No, it's not terrorists who are conspicuously evil, barbaric, and on our radar. It is activism with a more sinister agenda hidden under the guise of equal rights.
It started with the Kinsey Reports 50 years ago (youtube.com/watch?v=6jllyYIUZeY), touted pseudo-science to embolden sexual activism from LGBT to pedophilia to pornography, and has incrementally led to court decrees and liberal laws that have un-democratically struck down the moral voices and values of voters across the nation. What happened to government "by the people"?
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
My US Congressman, Scott Rigell, continues his silence regarding Islamic jihad organizations like CAIR, headquartered across the river from VA in DC.
Many CAIR members live in Virginia; but, Congressman Rigell apparently sees no problem with such anti-US organizations.
CAIR's latest proclamations denigrating America's fighting men and women on Memorial Day (below) should be sufficient evidence to even our left-leaning voters that the congressman has a huge problem.
Is the congressman obligated to CAIR in some way?
Why would he not respond to my letters and why would he not uphold his promise to respond to me made in front of 200+ voters at his Town Hall meeting on 8 April 15?
Does Congressman Rigell know something that we don't know?
Is there something about Rigell that I just don't get?
I will continue to call him a liar until he responds to me.
Do we have an immigration problem?
Immigrants come here legally. They come here to benefit from the advantages of living in a nation of freedom and opportunity. They are eager to learn the language and American customs and become productive American citizens.
The problem we do have is an invasion. True, the invaders aren’t coming here militarily. If they were they would be summarily repelled. But rather, they are allowed to walk in with impunity.
Sure, there are some who come here simply to take jobs to provide for their families which is the result of the poor conditions in their homeland’s socialized economies. So we socialize our country’s economy by sending foreign aid to shore up their homeland’s failing socialized economies. We have to borrow the money to do so instead of having them do so.
- Arsenic Exposure in Womb Linked to Respiratory Risks in Babies
- Danger Persists for Young Women After Heart Attack, Stroke
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- 1 in 6 Female College Freshmen Raped While Incapacitated: Study
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Women's Health
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- The most important steps for a comfortable retirement
- Are you truly thankful for the good books you already have?
- A planet of cities
- 'The Gratitude Diaries' explains why a grateful heart is a happy heart
- How mobile payment services could help low-income consumers
- In Denver, duo forms unlikely alliance to counter gang violence
- Thanksgiving Day TV marathons: Here's what's on today
- Architects redux and the case for jargon
- French lawmakers vote to extend airstrikes against ISIS
- Why Black Lives Matter protests were nonviolent, but not calm
- Turkey releases recording of warnings to Russian plane
- French president off to Moscow for talks on fighting terror
- The Latest: Turkish official hopes for good Russia relations
- Balloons, floats as NYC Thanksgiving parade gets underway
- The Latest: 4 arrested during Wednesday evening protests
- Russia strikes back at Turkey by cutting business ties
- Pope says 'catastrophic' if interests derail climate talks
- The Latest: Pope says fossil fuels must be curbed in talks
- The Latest: Authorities carry out raid in southern Belgium
- Obama struggles with stance on the death penalty
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Best Doorbuster Deals for Shoppers on Thanksgiving Day
- Which States Tax Social Security Retirement Benefits?
- How Much Will Your Medicare Part B Premiums Cost in 2016?
- Play DraftKings or FanDuel? The IRS Wants to Know About Your Winnings
- Top 15 Least Tax-Friendly States for Retirees
- Big Changes Ahead for Claiming Social Security
- Worst Things to Buy During the Holidays
- Great Places to Retire in Every State
- Top 15 Most Tax-Friendly States for Retirees
- How to Ease the Stress of Gift Giving