It's a sad day in America when "conservatives" go around spreading lies that a mother has a "fundamental right" to slaughter her child without mercy.
There is no such thing. If Americans understood how the US legal system works and cared about it, abortion would not be the #1 cause of death in the USA.
There is NO right to murder in the US constitution. Many states are passing laws recognizing the fact that the
pre-term baby is a person worthy of protection under the Bill of Rights.
BREAKING NEWS: THE VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT OVERTURNS TOLLS RULING:
In a surprise ruling against the anti-toll foes of Tidewater, the Virginia Supreme Court Thursday morning ruled that a Portsmouth judge erred in a decision declaring the Feb. tolls on the two tunnels linking Norfolk and Portsmouth unconstitutional taxation.
The ruling disappointed a lot of people who felt the legislation as drafted constituted illegal authority for a private entity to level taxes for more than then next 50 years without local or legislative input or control.
The Supremes disagreed, ruling the tolls are user fees, not taxes. A negative ruling would have cost the state considerable money since the contract for new facilities have been let and work started.
BREAKING NEWS: SUPREME’S RULE THE STATE WAS NOT NEGLIGENT IN MASSACRE SUIT:
Atty. Gen. Ken Cuccinelli issued a statement saying, “While words cannot express the tremendous sympathy we have for the families who lost their loved ones in the Virginia Tech shootings of 2007 -- including the Prydes and the Petersons -- the Virginia Supreme Court has found what we have said all along to be true: The commonwealth and its officials at Virginia Tech were not negligent on April 16, 2007. Cho was the lone person responsible for this tragedy."
Families of victims sought to prove negligent on the part of school and state officials.
by Cmdr. Michael Joseph Walsh, USN SEAL Retired
Special to Virginia News Source
[Editor's Note:Cmdr. Walsh is author of "SEAL!: From Vietnam's Phoenix Program to Central America's Drug Wars."]
This is Part 2 of Cmdr. Walsh's response to a recently posed question in the Special Operations Warrior blog with regard to the militarization of the Police in the Unityed States.
Then, when it was all over, both state and local police patrolled the night streets, doing the ‘officer friendly’ routine, waving and smiling at everyone. I understand this, have used it previously. Good PR. What is disappointing in all this is that people fed into it, by feeling relieved it was over…..I can now walk the streets, unarmed, feeling safe, and most of all, I’m no longer inconvenienced. We must grow out of this notion of deliberate self-emasculation; this is critical to societal recovery, particularly amongst men.
We must not despair…..we have been here before. It is not only in our history…it is in our very DNA, to oppose such belligerence. In the end, it must, and will be…confronted. Those of us, who have dwelt in the UW world, know how such brute force can be defeated, if need be. Such oppressive philosophies and tactics upon a citizenry will eventually backfire. It starts with courage. (CONT'D next page)
With so much happening it is easy for some issues to get overlooked. Such as the plan of the globalists to merge America with other countries into regional arrangements which start out being economic (such as NAFTA) but which progress into a political regional government (such as EU) which can then be merged into the United Nations.
Packaged as a great sounding trade agreement, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) is one such scheme. It is sold as a means of improving trade, but it is nothing less than a means of transferring regulations and trade decisions from American control to a foreign governing body. A merger of the U.S. with the EU is the ultimate goal.
Michael Thompson, President of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy, urged the General Assembly on Friday to restructure the tax code in Virginia in a revenue neutral way that could create tens of thousands of jobs.
The Small Business and the Manufacturing Development Commissions held their 4th public hearing on the Jefferson Institute's tax reform idea in Charlottesville on Oct. 17. Thompson testified for the second time to these Commissions on his tax restructuring idea.
This tax restructuring would expand the collection of sales taxes to the service industries except for health care. These additional funds would then be used to reduce and eliminate personal taxes and three business taxes seen as harming employment.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
The Baptist radicals must be dealt with. They are building their churches all over the country, organizing the youth and pledging to destroy western culture. The latest advice, that they may be behind the threat to Wichita's water supply, is no surprise to many of us who remain vigilant. See: FBI Investigate possible threat to Witchata's water supply
What is their mission? They want everybody to become a Baptist! They are committed to a system of laws and enforcement based on Baptist beliefs and they feel that the laws of the western civil authorities must be subordinated to their legal system.
The Baptists have infiltrated into the highest echelons of the HSA and TSA, relying on big cash contributions to our political class; and, many of those politicians are located right here in Virginia. It doesn't seem to matter that many of the feeder organizations in their overall jihad effort were named by a federal judge as "unindicted co-conspirators" in a terror trial in Dallas. Despite that announcement, the "Big Money Men" within the ranks of the Baptists have been invited to dinner at the White House; and, they have had enough influence to have had all reference to the "Baptist Jihad" removed from FBI training materials.
by Cmdr Michael Joseph Walsh, USN retired
Author SEAL!: From Vietnam's Phoenix Program to Central America's Drug Wars
This is a response to the Question recently posed in the Special Operations Warrior blog through Linked-In with regard to the Militarization of Police in the United States.
These days it appears the majority of the planet is polarizing in one form or fashion. At home we find ourselves in very troubles waters. With regard to the Militarization of the Police in the Unites States, the People should require an informative discussion, one which is seriously overdue for discourse at the national level.
When the Founders conspired to free themselves from the yoke of British tyranny, they pledged themselves to an extra-ordinary standard…namely, their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.
One need only look at The Congress, and the actions of the White House Executive to see where notions of sacred honor have gone. In short, the Founders would not approve of what is going on here, vis-à-vis the Militarization of a Police Force, nor would they approve our other notions of Empire. They would be repulsed at this. These affronts were but a sampling of the ingredients leading up to the Revolutionary War.
Recall that standing armies and large police forces were anathema to the Founders; and these things were hotly discussed in the Congress in Philadelphia, New York, and Washington. It was the high character of George Washington himself, which shaped much of our value system and national character.
The pervasive result of the outcome of the Civil War means that the dichotomous paths of thought and belief were decided by the point of a gun, as was the Revolution.
I find it difficult to understand how all of the parks and monuments that were closed during the government shutdown had professionally made signs posted within hours after the shutdown began.
The normal government procurement system would take weeks, if not months, to award the contracts to purchase the custom-designed signs seen at all the closed sites.
It has been 17 years since the last shutdown, so there wouldn’t be signs just laying around for use on a moment’s notice.
It appears that someone planned on shutting down the government many months ago. It would be interesting to have someone look into who ordered the signs and see where that trail leads. Just wondering.
Herb Craig - Las Vegas
- Obama's attack on U.S. military & a 2nd revolution in the works?
- It'll take more than Obama's fake ID card to rid us of "Sewer-Rat-in-Chief"
- Furious with the Virginian-Pilot
- Headed for Disaster! Why? Obama wants American to Fail
- Jefferson Institute releases 'Blended Learning" Brochure
- Our strange Muslim president
- Death row: 30 years after going to prison, Glenn Ford now walks free
- Megachurch: Thieves steal donations from Joel Osteen's megachurch
- Kitty Genovese: 50 years later, New York murder still fascinates
- Doris Day's 90th birthday is 'all about the four-leggers'
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein: the woman who could rein in the CIA
- Must Chris Christie aides turn over messages? Judge hears case.
- In CIA-Senate dispute, Feinstein levels serious legal charges against agency
- Mission accomplished? ‘Funny or Die’ gives Obamacare traffic boost.
- Was our galaxy formed by a 'Council of Giants'?
- Astronauts celebrate 'Cosmos' with zero-g physics lesson
- Senate investigation of CIA dogged by controversy
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Bad decade: Malaysia Airlines has catalog of woes
- Fla. House race could be warning for Democrats
- Pistorius trial: cricket bat, toilet door shown
- Obama to host new Ukrainian PM at White House
- Cold and snow returns after brief period of warmth
- Tumult over military sexual assaults far from over
- Flobots classroom project takes off in Denver
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- March 3, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- February 24, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 31, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- January 24, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 16, 2014 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- January 14, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Tyson Brand Mechanically...
- January 3, 2014 (Investigation Announcement) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Stanley Infections Linked to Raw Cashew...
- December 19, 2013 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Foster...
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- What Heirs Need to Know About Reverse Mortgages
- Who Can Contribute to a Roth IRA?
- As Congress Dawdles, States Take Policy Lead
- How to Get Retailers to Match Prices
- Taking a Delayed RMD
- Fabulous Freebies 2014
- The 10 Best Stocks of the Bull Market
- The 10 Worst Stocks of the Bull Market
- Great Mutual Funds for Young Investors
- Advice on Spending Less From Around the Web
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections