by John Kutcha Jr.
Well, like many days, my day started with a good case of the "Red A$$," just a while ago.
I was watching a commercial by a pro-amnesty group, an outfit called "fwd.us." Oh, that's right, that's the progressive political group founded by our Sewer Rat-in-Chief with the money he continues to collect on his perpetual campaign trail.
Why would I be upset with this particular commercial message? Because, like all the communication by this transformational liar, the thrust of the commercial is that foreign nationals can't serve in the US military! Are you kidding me? How do many foreigners get US citizenship? They serve in the US military! Yep, just like in the old Roman Empire days, when the Roman Legions began to contain more non-Romans than Romans, there are rules for how much time must be served in our military to gain US citizenship.
But, like the lies told about Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS targeting, NSA snooping, Obamacare and Obama's eligibility to hold the office of POTUS, the truth is the one of the major victims of the Obama administration.
If you have time this week and have been hankering for some truth, go to www.vimeo.com/63749370 and watch "Grinding Down America."
The author goes into the history of the progressive movement and connects the dots to modern day political characters like Barry Soetoro. Yeah, how many Presidents in America had "AKA" behind their names? George H.W. Bush AKA Felix Morganstein? No, I don't think so!
"Remember Benghazi and ALL the Traitors!"
I see in the Pilot this week that the city is now considering a Wal-Mart near Town Center.: http://hamptonroads.com/2013/08/beach-weighs-walmart-garage-near-town-center
The site for this potential Wal-Mart is inside the Tax-Increment Financing District (TIF), something the reporter failed to grasp.
Every penny of real estate tax generated by this new Wal-Mart will go directly into the revolving fund to pay debt-service for the parking garages, plaza, fountain, Westin Hotel conference center etc. at Town Center. It will also help pay for the newest parking garage Armada Hoffler is building for Town Center's Phase V. The irony is that this new Wal-Mart will have to build its own parking garage with no City subsidy.
Here are three other Wal-Marts in Virginia Beach, their assessed values and their annual real estate tax payments to the City Treasury:
2021 Lynnhaven Parkway is assessed at $16,630,000. Currently contributes: $154,659 in real estate taxes to the City Treasury each year.
1149 Nimmo Parkway is assessed at $19,393,100. Currently contributes: $180,036 in real estate taxes to the City Treasury each year.
657 Phoenix Drive is assessed at $11,647,700. Currently contributes: $108,323 in real estate taxes to the City Treasury each year.
(Of course, the Wal-Mart at 657 Phoenix Drive was inside the Lynnhaven TIF for 14 years. The City dissolved that TIF only within the past year or so. That roughly $108,000 per year was used to help finance the ring road, parking garage and drainage improvements for Lynnhaven Mall for 14 years.)
Robert, I believe you said the City at one time rejected a Wal-Mart for the Town Center area...that the City didn't want "big-box" stores in their upscale, mixed-use, sanitized, utopian "City". It is clear to me that the City rulers are becoming more "open-minded" in looking for new ways to fund the ravenous beast.
Beth Allen - Virginia Beach
Two term Virginia Beach City Councilman Bill DeSteph said Sunday night he will announce his candidacy Monday for the 82nd House District upon retirement of veteran Del. Bob Purkey. (See DeSteph announcement)
It was erroneously reported in the Virginian-Pilot Sunday that two others were interested seeking the the seat, but the filing deadline passed on March 28 @ 5 p.m. and DeSteph is the only candidate certified to run under the Republican banner.
The other 2 Republicans who had expressed an interest in succeeding Purkey were Jason Miyares, son in law of city treasurer John Atkinson and an aide to 2nd District Rep. Scott Rigell; and Curtis Dixon Colgate whose family owned the Cavalier Hotel.
Bill Fleming, an engineer, is the Democrap’s candidate opposing DeSteph.
DeSteph has made a name for him self in his two council terms by being responsive to any citizen needing help with navigating government. He is the only member of City Council who lists his home and cell phone number on the city council web page.
A former member of the Navy, DeSteph formed his own tech company upon separation and made a fortune in a period of about 8 years, selling the company to AMSEC for MILLION$$$.
You can learn more about DeSteph on his web page: http://billdesteph.org/
Government lie, giving rise to conspiracy theories. One of the latest reports is that SecState Hillary Clinton was aboard a military C-12 Huron aircraft that crashed in Iran.
Injuries received in the crash were attributed to the ‘flu/concussion’ reports that ended up hospitalizing her with a blood clot adjacent to her brain.
VNS had picked up cocktail party gossip out of Chevy Chase Country Club on December 22 that Clinton had really suffered a 'stroke.' Until yesterday, January 2, she had not been seen in public since Dec. 17. She was released from a NY hospital Wednesday night.
Still details about her health and/or illness have been cloaked in secrecy. Many are speculating that she has 'faked' the problems to avoid testifying before Congress about the terrorist attack on Benghazi in which 4 Americans, including U.S. Syrian Ambassador was murdered.
Clinton has accepted blame and agreed to security and safety recommendations of reports on the incident, but she's not been available to answer specific questions about the government's "Non-Role" the night of the attack.
Also on board was a senior Navy SEAL commander who was killed. DoD attributed his death of ‘non-combat’ causes - implying suicide.
Now, however, an Israeli source has filed a report on the crash, secrecy, and injuries. Adding that Iran still has the aircraft.
Fact or Fiction? We report. You decide which government is lying and why? More
by John Kutcha Jr.
A "National Concealed Carry Program?" That sounds good; but, not with the FEDS running it.
Call me reactionary or ill-tempered (my wife does) but I don't believe that I want Eric Holder knowing where all the civilian, American gun owners are living. As daddy would have said, "Thanks, but no thanks!"
The only cure for this gun grabbing hysteria is for federal gun confiscation patrols to experience 35-40% casualty rates when they come to visit.
Frankly, I keep hoping that all my RRR letters to Obama will prompt Holder to lead the first patrol to my place. That puts a smile on my face and Holder in a place where a demon is stuffing hot coals down his throat 24 / 7, 365 forever!
I'm done. Like I told poker playing buddies in my oilfield days, "Throw down, Obama, show me what ya' got!"
by Tom McElvy
- Linear Recalls Personal Emergency Reporting System Transmitters Due to Battery Signal Failure
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Recalls Girls BCG Hooded Windsuits Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Denver Global Products Recalls Multi-Purpose Yard Vehicles Due to Laceration, Fire Hazards; Sold Exclusively at...
- Wearever Girl’s Hooded Jacket Sets Recalled by David’s Place Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively...
- Manhattan Group Recalls Baby Rattles Due to Choking Hazard
- SRAM Recalls Derailleurs for Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard
- K2 Sports Recalls Kickboards/Scooters Due to Fall Hazard
- L&F International Trade Recalls Renovated Mattresses Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard
- Crown Boiler Recalls Home Heating Boilers Due to Carbon Monoxide Hazard
- American Boy and Girl Recalls Infant Sandals Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Meijer...
Quote OF THE DAY
If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is "cute," but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable - you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
"Human government is more or less perfect as it approaches nearer or diverges farther from the imitation of this perfect plan of divine and moral government."
--John Adams, draft of a Newspaper Communication, 1770
- Obesity, Smoking Might Threaten Implants After Mastectomy
- Less Physical Activity, More TV for Today's Moms, Study Finds
- Uterine Growths
- Pregnancy After Miscarriage
- PTSD Might Lead to Sizable Weight Gain in Women
- Use of Breast MRIs Way Up, Studies Find
- Urine Tests Don't Always Confirm Urinary Infections, Study Finds
- Time of Month May Affect Women's Concussion Recovery
- Search for missing family of six in frigid Nevada mountains
- Keeping family gatherings love-centered
- Sheriff's deputies arrested in L.A.: What did 18 deputies do?
- 'Blackfish' film: Why Heart won't play at SeaWorld
- Spiced pumpkin waffles
- How much can one state pollute another's skies? Supreme Court to hear case.
- Finding our way in the landscape of books
- Mormon church officials explain the past ban on black priests
- George Zimmerman's girlfriend withdraws her statement against Zimmerman
- Who are the 'new rich'?
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Tech firms vie to protect personal data, profits
- Newtown's year: Horror, grief and tough choices
- Ukrainian president to seek protesters' release
- Thai democracy enters dangerous new crossroads
- 18 LA sheriff's officials charged in jail probe
- DC area, northeast seeing another round of snow
- Economic experiment shows limits of NKorean change
- AP Newsbreak: Winfrey announces new book club pick
- Obama Eulogizes Nelson Mandela in South Africa
- Is Steve Stockman the 2014 Ted Cruz?
- Air Force One Peacemaker Among Presidents
- Classroom Management Prevalent in Teacher Prep Programs – Sort Of
- Government Sells Final Stake in General Motors
- Conservative Former Secret Service Agent Defends Obama at Heritage Foundation
- Study: Violence on Broadcast TV at Cable TV Levels
- Pinterest is Gaining on Facebook in Sharing Traffic
- Thailand's Prime Minister Dissolves Parliament
- Numbers Monday: Elizabeth Warren Plays Coy, the Internet Gets Smitten
- August 19, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- August 9, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live...
- July 18, 2013 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- July 10, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to Chicken
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- June 21, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo and Salmonella Mbandaka Infections Linked...
- June 20, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul Infections Linked to Imported Cucumbers
- June 14, 2013 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Hedgehogs
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreaks of Human Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry
- An Overdue Overhaul of U.S. Spy Agencies
- Get Free Shipping on Online Holiday Purchases
- What the Rush of Money into Stock Funds Means
- Last-Minute Moves to Protect Your Home from Winter Storms
- Best European Stocks to Buy Now
- Holiday Scams to Avoid
- Interest Rates and the Real Unemployment Rate
- Year-End Financial To-Do List
- Career and Job-Search Advice From Around the Web
- Some Colleges Move to Slash Tuition
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections
- June 22, 2012 (Investigation Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections