Virginia Beach - - The criminal buzzards are finally coming home to roost for Virgina Beach Mayor Will Sessoms. After a yearlong investigation, he was charged with 5 counts of conflict of interest Wednesday for voting on zoning applications before City Council that benefited TowneBank, where he served as president until he was forced out late last year.
All five charges are misdemeanors, not rising to the level of ‘forcing’ Sessoms removal from City Council, but leaving a bad stain on his reputation and the council if he doesn’t resign.
The five charges were bought by a special prosecutor for the state Wednesday after almost a year investigation, in advance of the expiration of the statue of limitations on Nov. 8.
Sessoms and others are still targets of a federal government corruptions investigation. No such statue of limitations is pending on the federal cases and indictments can be issued at any time. One source said FBI indictments involving City Manager Jim Spore (who’s announced his pending resignation), a business partner, councilman John Uhrin and others may be announced about mid-December. (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story)
ATTENTION VOTERS: The future of Virginia, your rights, and economy is at stake Tuesday … REALLY!
All House and Senate Seats are up for election. Currently Republicans have a 1-seat edge in the Senate - - That’s too slim to risk. Giving the Democrats control of the senate is akin to giving legendary bank robber Willie Sutton keys to the bank.
The talented current ghetto-organizing president has been allowed to trash our constitution. He’s proved himself a habitual liar on defense, race, the economy, medical policy, the environment, just to name a few major issues.
A RINO, go-along-to-get-along, Congress has aided and abetted him every step of the way.
We can reclaim our rights, our government, one step at a time, starting at the local level. Your chance begins Tuesday.
VNS' Election Recommendations ... (Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story ...
by Sue Long - VNS Columnist
[Editor’s Note; Sue, of North, VA has joined VNS as a regular columnist.
How would it be if you were playing a game and, in the middle of it, the rules were changed in favor of your opponent so that they were then ahead and ended up winning? Or, you signed a contract for the terms for payment of your new car and, half way through, the terms were changed.
So it is with the United States Constitution. It is our rulebook; it is a contract. Its ratification by the several states was an agreement as to the rules that the federal government would use.
It defines what the federal government can do as well as what it cannot do. Its true meaning has been misconstrued to such an extent that the way our country operates today is totally foreign to the original way.
By Ira White, VNS Columnist
Liberals are proclaiming a TKO for Hillary in the Benghazi hearings, but that totally ignores what we know.
The false video narrative was merely designed to coverup the offense, Hillary's claim that others were delegated for security management shifts blame for the offense, and the emails are only the paper trail of the offense.
What we know is from the ones who were on the inside:
Security commander Lt. Col. Andrew Wood said that he and Ambassador Chris Stevens "were fighting a losing battle. We couldn't even keep what we had."
Security officer Eric Nordstrom stated "it was abundantly clear we were not going to get resources until the aftermath of an incident."
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
The USS Yorktown was commissioned in 1937 and sunk at the Battle of Midway, 1942. Prior to Midway, she and the USS Lexington had been involved in several skirmishes with the Imperial Japanese Navy in the Coral Sea.
A number of minor Japanese ships were sunk, including the light Japanese carrier Shoho. In a major sea battle the USS Lexington was sunk, and the Yorktown badly damaged. Tactically, this was a Japanese victory, but a Japanese invasion fleet had been turned back from Port Moresby in Australia.
American Intelligence had broken the code and knew the Japs were coming.
Between June 3 and 7, 1942, the Japanese Imperial Navy lost four of their front line carriers at Midway at a cost of the USS Yorktown.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
Joseph Stalin: 1878 – 1953 * Megalomanical dictator of Russia from the mid-1920s to his death in 1953. It is believed Beria, head of the NKVD, poisoned Stalin to stop him from starting WW III with America over Korea and the Berlin Airlift. Stalin purged his military, and murdered millions of his own citizens to implement communism.
Barack Obama: 1961 – present * Megalomanical president of the United States. Community Organizer, Marxist, suspected Muslim, disciple of Saul Alinsky.
by Ira White - Portsmouth
While Democrats beat the drum of poverty, inequality, and becoming more like European socialist countries, a study of OECD economic data revealed that poverty is worse under European socialism.
Poverty in those nations including Britain, Germany, and France – each less than 1/4th the population of America – offers considerably worse conditions and a lower standard of living than that in the US.
Why don't we hear that?
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
The Obama Administration began its first term touting a policy of “Reset with Russia.”
Due to ignorance, arrogance, and incompetence we are now locked in a new Cold War with the Kremlin.
The US and China are headed for a showdown in the South China Sea due to the same disruptive policies.
Cuba, glutted recently with gifts from Obama, just sent a military mission to Syria to assist the Russians.
The Ayatollahs, true to form, are inking contracts with China and Russia for an influx of weaponry. This is the result of Obama’s “historic” nuclear deal with Iran which will soon release over 100 billion into their blood-stained hands.
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Many Male Docs May Overlook Female Heart Risks: Study
- Vaginal Bleeding
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- ibandronate, Boniva
- Base Quit-Smoking Day on Menstrual Cycle?
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Drink Spiking a Problem on U.S. Campuses
- 1 in 3 Female Doctors Faces Sexual Harassment, Survey Finds
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Why Black Lives Matter pulled out of San Francisco's gay parade
- Washington's salmon anglers are back. What took so long?
- How the improved Panama Canal could change world trade
- Could microbes be 'sentinels' for protecting coral reefs?
- Coding bootcamps: Can you believe their claims?
- GMO labels: The great American food fight
- Why Beijing (and 45 other cities in China) are sinking
- Arizona runs out of lethal injection drugs: Is this how the death penalty dies?
- Brexit: Could there be a do-over referendum?
- Volkswagen diesel owners could get as much as $7,000 from company
- British bracing for world economy to punish UK for 'Brexit'
- Britain's EU workers gripped by fear, confusion, heartache
- Britain's Labour party leader fires shadow foreign secretary
- Pope nears Armenia's closed border with Turkey on last day
- Death toll may rise in destructive California wildfire
- Obama OKs federal aid for West Virginia; at least 24 dead
- Spain votes again in attempt to break government stalemate
- Panama Canal opens $5B locks, bullish despite shipping woes
- AP EXPLAINS: Why Spain is voting again after just 6 months
- Kuwait mosque hit by IS suicide bomb reopens as fears remain
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Volatile Oil Prices to Head Lower
- Great Foreign Stocks That Pay Big Dividends
- Nail Your Home's Curb Appeal
- Why I'm Growing Cautious About the Markets
- 4 High-Paying Medical Jobs You Don't Need an MD for
- What Brexit Means for U.S. Investors
- Impact of the Brexit Vote: Scary But Mixed
- Help Wanted in America: Skilled Workers
- Taking Your First Required Minimum Distribution
- How to Super-Fund a Roth IRA