[Ed's note: This was sent to VNS prior to Kim Davis' release. It still is relevant.]
County clerk Kim Davis attests that her beliefs in Christ and biblical principles won't allow her to issue same-sex marriage licenses.
As the first Christian to be imprisoned for peaceful religious conscience regarding this issue, I would encourage her to write a letter in her Kentucky jail about the injustice – just as Martin Luther King did in 1963 in a Birmingham jail. And she could employ the exact same points that King used in his commentary...
Letter to editor:
First off, saw the movie WAR ROOM with my wife. Incredible. See it. Nuff said.
Second, the blessings that flowed in and around the theater were the biggest surprise, and only reinforced the power of the film's message.
We were coming out of the Cracker Barrel near the theater on our way to the film. I was holding the door for some black ladies who were obviously dressed for church services, and a older man finally took the door and said "Thanks, bless you."
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
September 29, 1938: Neville Chamberlain signed a non-aggression pact with Adolf Hitler of Nazi Germany. Prime Minister Chamberlain was hailed as securing peace for Europe. September 1, 1939: The German Army stormed into Poland. That set the stage for WW II which killed 60,000,000 people.
Bob Corker drafted a bill, which was ratified by the Senate, which relieved Barack Obama of obtaining a two third senate majority vote to approve his nuclear deal with Iran.
Instead, Corker’s bill placed the burden of a two third majority vote to veto the Iran deal on the Senate. In other words, this bill virtually assured that Obama could give Iran our blessing for nuclear proliferation.
Can you say “madness,” boys and girls?
by Larry Henry
There are member of Congress, House and Senate, who have taken bribes from the Iran Lobby. They took these bribes then voted for Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran.
United States Senate:
House of Representatives:
To the Editor,
Citizens to Save our Constitution is comprised of private citizens who are dedicated to saving our United States Constitution from the threat of being misguidedly altered or even replaced.
Originally made up of citizens of Virginia, the group has grown to include others from across the country to California. Funding has come from the budgets of working people and retirees.
Many well-meaning people have been sold on petitioning Congress to call a constitutional convention – also called a con-con, Article V Convention, Convention of States (COS) and Amending Convention.
When it comes to social and political causes, the ignorance and invective prevalent among polarized camps are largely based on the fact that people evade the root problem. It's like debating plans on how to build a structure without any thought to the mortar or fasteners to hold it all together. In the case of racial equality, for example, most choose not to heed what Martin Luther King clarified as the priorities, even as they carelessly compare their own wide-ranging agendas to his example.
In his Letter from A Birmingham Jail(1963), he wrote at length about his efforts for justice, and then cemented them with foundations higher and stronger than courts, politicians, and popular opinion:
In the spirit of Jonathan Swift, let me suggest a modest proposal.
ISIS can now be diagnosed as a cancer. Having had a recent experience with cancer (2013, in remission now), I know personally that you treat it with radiation, chemo, and surgery if you have to mop up the little remaining pieces.
The nuclear nations of the world (US, Russia, Britain, France, Israel, and India) have enough combined nuclear weapons to eradicate all of the areas where the cancer ISIS currently infects.
Yes, ISIS is precisely like a cancer.
This morning I was sent an article by a well-meaning patriot, telling me that "200 retired generals and admirals oppose the Iran deal." What followed was an article on how said admirals and generals were sending a strongly worded letter to Congress telling them how bad the Iran deal really is.
OK, so my reaction? Hmmm... Gee that's just wonderful!
I was reminded of something Mark Steyn said as he was hosting the Rush Limbaugh show the other day, about RINO senators and congressmen standing there with a scowl and announcing they've opposed abortion for 30, 40, 50 years or more. But guess what, we still have Roe v. Wade and taxpayer financed abortions.
It's not enough to stand hands on hips DECLARING your opposition to something, YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. Bring about legislation, make a meaningful stand against the president, fight him for God's sake!
Opposing the Iran deal sounds all cushy nice and mealy mouthed pap for the somnolent class, but I'll believe them when I actually see some action taken... you know, like a military coup, or some arrests being manifested for these traitors, Obama, Kerry, and the rest of them.
Until then, I can't be bothered by people who simply "oppose" this or that, or send around incessant petitions and ask me to "call my representative"...or something.
Truth is, I HAVE NO REPRESENTATIVE anymore. None of us do, they're all useless, self-serving, and corrupt. There is only one thing now that can save the republic from the girly men that are in charge, and that's to TAKE AWAY their offices and replace them immediately with real men, real patriots, and sane people.
That applies to the Supreme Court as well, the entire system of checks and balances is broken except in this manner: They write the checks and we the people pay the balances.
So do I care that 200 generals and admirals (retired by the way) oppose the Iran deal? Well...it's a start, and what a lovely one it is too, my oh my, makes my heart just go pitty-pat.
But really, call me when the real fight begins, that's when I will get involved.
Bill in Tennessee
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Breast Cancer Gene Might Lower Women's Fertility: Study
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Study Links Green Spaces to Longer Lives for Women
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment
- Sigmund's Google Doodle: Is Freud still relevant?
- US move against alleged big money launderer in Panama
- Los Angeles man guilty in 10 'Grim Sleeper' serial killings
- In South, defiance on bathroom laws shows signs of wavering
- Does Elsa need a prince or princess? Or nobody?
- Echoes of Flint in Detroit schools standoff
- Why Paul Ryan still won't back Donald Trump
- Clinton e-mails: Hacker 'Guccifer' says he breached her private server
- What do Californians say about boosting the smoking age to 21?
- In Iraq, US troops edge closer to front lines against ISIS
- Trump strains to unite GOP behind him; Ryan says no, for now
- AP Source: Clinton aide interviewed in email investigation
- Behind closed doors, North Korea opens ruling party congress
- Los Angeles man guilty in 10 'Grim Sleeper' serial killings
- Community questions delay in Amber Alert for Navajo girl
- Insurer says child told Paterno in '76 Sandusky molested him
- Pentagon spokesman says deadly IS attack was a surprise
- Canada evacuating 8,000 wildfire evacuees by air
- 2,000 LED-tagged pigeons stage show in NYC sky
- Aquino's pick for Philippine president banks on clean image
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Get Your Mortgage Approved Faster
- Steer Clear of These 4 Tourist Etiquette Traps
- 8 Ways to Save on Smartphone Costs While Traveling
- Mother's Day Freebies and Deals 2016
- Tricks to Save Money at Starbucks
- Things You Should Know Before Shopping at Costco
- 9 Best Income Investments Other Than Dividend Stocks
- Making Women Money-Smart
- U.S. Trade Deficit Will Grow Despite March Blip
- 7 Debt Payoffs That Boost Your Credit Score the Most