by Sue Long - VNS columnist
There are those who define communism in lofty ideals - that it is the solution to the world’s ills if only it were done right. Also, there are those who believe that “communism is dead” in spite of the millions who live in communist-controlled countries; and, here at home, we have the alive-and-well Communist Party USA.
Communism is not new. Ancient history tells us about the Ghouls in India many centuries ago, which operated just as communism has in more recent times, and the Illuminati, which is the precursor of present day communism, dating to 1776.
Through the centuries, little has changed. The modus operandi varies somewhat in order to take advantage of circumstances that prevail, but the ideals and goals are the same. The same ruthless philosophy is the foundation today of the tyrants who already rule and those who aspire to becoming rulers. Stalin is a hero whom they idolize and emulate.
A Real Country Cookin' Restauant - On the Road with VNS
The Farmer's Daughter 7700 Erwin Highway
Fridays & Saturdays: 11:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Sundays: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
It's the Real Meal. The Farmer’s Daughter Restaurant. Homemade food served ‘family-style.’ Many of us devotees call it The “Mother Church of Country Cooking,” a throw-back to the wonderful taste of real foods the way momma used to cook them ‘down home’ in Tennessee.
Operated by real country cooking experts. Located in a rural, isolated area about 8 miles from Erwin, TN and about 8 miles from Jonesborough, TN (driving there through some of the most beautiful mountain country you'll ever see, you may wonder if you are going to encounter dueling ‘banjoes’ from Deliverance), yet people drive for up to 100 miles to arrive there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
And why? Check it out. The dinner menu: Posted on a chalk board on the front porch.
On a recent visit, the meats/fish offered included: Fried Chicken, Steak-n-Gravy, Country Ham, Fried Alaskan Whitefish, Fried Cajun Catfish, Chicken ’n Dumplins, Baked Buttermilk Chicken. Each table can order two entrees. [Click READ MORE below for rest of the story]
OK, tell me why this angle of the Brussel bombing / shootings is not being covered by the US main stream media (MSM).
Is it because the Brussels / Belgian anti-terror folks couldn't find the Paris shooter / bomber for four months when he had fled to his old neighborhood in Brussels? Think about that. The Paris attack mastermind was living around the corner from his parents' home in Brussels for four months undetected.
Is another reason the US MSM is blocking this reporting angle because Hussein Obama is releasing GITMO terrorists early and watching as they return to the battlefield? Of course it is.
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
Or you can call him and disagree at: 865-607-3472
For some time now I’ve been confused over the fact that Obama hasn’t been impeached. He’s committed every political crime in the book, including, in my opinion, treason. So why is he still there?
Rush Limbaugh explained it recently. To impeach Obama would upset the system. It doesn’t matter which party is in power, both parties feed at the same political trough.
The Democrats and the Republicans take turns mismanaging the country. So to impeach Obama would throw a monkey wrench into the well-oiled and very corrupt political machinery.
Re-establishing Government By The People …
it has to start with replacing crony capitalism with a government that doesn’t pick winners and losers.
The first step is replacing Louis Jones, the Bayside District Council member who’s under the thumb of Will Sessoms, the first Beach mayor convicted of a crime.
Jones, despite what he may say privately, is a major supporter of bringing Norfolk’s “Tide-Tanic” light rail boondoggle and forcing it down the throats of Beach taxpayers.
Despite the findings of the $6.6 million study which showed that the project WOULD NOT REDUCE TRAFFIC CONGESTION - by a single car… despite the 1,125 daily ridership in 2034; despite the fact that the 3-mile project is estimated to cost the taxpayers $327 million, and despite the fact that Norfolk’s Tide is the highest subsidized lie-rail system in the nation, Jones wants to move forward with this blackhole disaster.
If you agree with Jones, keep silent. If you disagree, his number is 583-0177
Robert K. Dean - Virginia Beach
(Dean is a former City Councilman and unsuccessful candidate for mayor)
Virginia News Source has learned Former Circuit Court Judge Patricia L. West is exploring a run for mayor of Virginia Beach, challenging Will Sessoms, recently convicted of conflict of interest for mixing business interests with political decisions.
West reportedly hasn’t made a decision on entering the race, but is strongly considering it. She could not be reached for comment for this story. See her complete resume
Sources have told Virginia News Source that Sessoms is among several Virginia Beach officials being investigated by the FBI. The FBI will not deny the reports.
The match-up will be interesting: As one political wag put it: “Judge West judged crimes, she didn’t commit them."
West was on the Circuit Court bench from 2000-2012, where she presided over civil and criminal matters from eminent domain to capital murder cases, including jury, non-jury trials and administrative law appeals.
She is a staunch conservative and opposes the proposed extension of Norfolk's Light Rail system into Virginia Beach, finding it incomprehensible to justify such expenditure of tax funds when compared to the many more pressing needs of the city. [Click 'Read More' below for rest of the story]
By Sue Long, VNS Columnist
Slavery is denounced in no uncertain terms and rightly so. But, many who condemn the version of slavery that was in effect prior to the Xlll Amendment wholeheartedly support slavery in the present-day version.
Communism is slavery in its most virulent form. It affects people of all races, ages and socio economic levels. It has been imposed at the cost of the lives of more than 100 million people who have been worked, starved and tortured to death. Once imposed it is a binding situation with little hope of relief. [Click Read More below for rest of the column]
by Larry Henry
VNS Columnist - Special to VNS
Back in 1990 our national debt was 3.2 trillion. Ten years later it was 5.7 trillion. That debt has been escalating ever since the 1960s when Lyndon Johnson unveiled his Great Society.
LBJ’s White House set social programs in motion which proved to be poison pawns. Within five years the black family structure was destroyed. Welfare had become a way of life, drugs, immorality, and government cheese.
Between 2001 and 2008 the debt went from 5.7 trillion to 10 trillion. George Bush was president. We got hit with 9-11. Then Pelosi and Reid took control of the House and Senate in 2006.
Much of this debt was their doing, including the housing crash of 2008 over sub-prime lending which the Democrats rammed down the throats of the Banking Industry.[Click Read More below for rest of story]
- National Debt Not Your Friend - possibility of nationalizing your retirement funds
- If Hillary's indicted could Michael Bloomberg replace her?
- Attend "Fair & Equitable Grading" in VB Schools
- Abide by the Constituton - Don't Pervert It with Change
- Why won't Obama bomb ISIS Capital?
- Beware of proposed 'constitutional changes'
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- 6 Birth Control Options
- Female Pelvis Widens, Then Shrinks Over a Lifetime, Study Finds
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Toxic Shock Cases: More Than a Blip?
- Breast Cancer Gene Might Lower Women's Fertility: Study
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Study Links Green Spaces to Longer Lives for Women
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment
- Hastert's accuser to remain under shroud of mystery
- How this French satellite could 'shake the foundations of physics'
- When did we all start sleeping like this? Slumbering dragons hold clues.
- China says it will not permit war in the Korean Peninsula. Why now?
- Should bison be the US national mammal?
- What's behind Uber's two-minute wait rule?
- Church tackles Hawaii's homeless problem with igloos from Alaska
- Joe Biden in Baghdad: Is the US making headway against ISIS?
- Shipping containers make headway as housing options (yes, with windows)
- Identity and the new ‘global citizen’
- North Korea sends another US citizen to prison
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- White powder mailed to Trump campaign office ruled harmless
- Former Speaker Boehner calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the flesh'
- Polls open in key runoff parliamentary election in Iran
- Casualties mount from bombardment in Syria's largest city
- AP EXPLAINS: A look at the Syrian city of Aleppo
- Ex-Montana Sen. Conrad Burns dies; influenced energy policy
- AP PHOTOS: Fragments of shattered lives after Ecuador quake
- QBs Goff and Wentz soar, OT Tunsil takes bizarre tumble
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- Rent Your Home for Fun and Profit
- How to Swap Homes to Save Money
- 7 Reasons Your House Isn't Selling -- and Price Isn't One of Them
- Best Careers for the Next 10 Years
- 8 Things You Get Wrong About Personal Finance
- 4 Keys to Reaching Your Lifetime Financial Goals
- 5 Fun Ways to Teach Kids About Money
- Where Robo Advisers Fail at Financial Planning
- Why You Should Buy and Hold Exxon Stock for the Dividend, Long-Term Growth
- Estate Planning Advice Inspired by Prince