THE FRAUD OF NORFOLK MAYOR PAUL FRAIM'S LIGHT RAIL PROJECT FOR VB CITIZENS
While a ‘paltry’ passel of political ‘suck-ups’ showed up outside City Council chambers to demonstrate their ignorance and stupidity of ‘Fraim’s Folly,’ the misguided, fiscally fraudulent Norfolk light rail project Tuesday night, voters who want to save their tax dollars from helping pay for Norfolk’s ‘folly’ can read the documents prepared by concerned, informed citizens over a period of several months of intense study.
1.Read the entire Draft Environmental Impact Study:
by Chris Kettner - VNS Columnist and host of the Specialist Radio hour.
The Real Problem
Let’s go to Baltimore everybody! Well maybe…not.
The Rioting and looting seen on our television screens this week are merely a microcoism into almost every urban big city in America. MAKE NO MISTAKE…It is clearly fueled by radical liberal policies and political corruption.
Baltimore has not had a Republican Mayor since 1967 and Maryland only (2) two Republican Governors since 1969.
The Radical Liberal mindset is clear. Baltimore’s Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s statement to “Give those who wish to destroy….Space to destroy” says it all.
What I, your humble correspondent noticed is “This space to destroy” was of course tax payer buildings, and private citizens loss of life savings.
This IS the typical Radical Liberal mindset.
I did not see the Mayor allowing HER property, HER office building, and HER cars being given “Space to be destroyed”……Just everyone else’s.
Maybe these will resonate with you. Click on [Read More] below for rest of the column
by Larry Henry, VNS Columnist
I was born in 1938. I remember WWII, seeing the soldiers on the street corners. My parents protected me and my sisters from the horrors of Germany and Japan.
In high school I had a shop teacher who survived the Bataan Death March. He was gray looking and never smiled. And a biology teacher that shook all the time from shell shock. We kids paid them no mind. They were oddities to be ridiculed and laughed at.
I had an uncle who followed Patton across Europe building roads and bridges. Uncle Clyde never spoke of the war. He was a quiet and reserved individual. CA Henry was with the Army Air Force in the Pacific and Korea. CA never mentioned the wars. Both are dead now.
Jack Marshal is still alive. We call each other once a month. He served on PT boats in the Pacific. Gordon Sams is ailing and nearing the end. He served on cargo ships at Iwo Jima and Okinawa.
by Larry Henry - VNS Columnist
“He alone who owns the youth, gains the future.” Adolf Hitler
How many tenured professors at UT indoctrinate their students with Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin? You’ll find the Communist Manifesto on their reading lists.
You will not find the Federalist Papers there. Only progressive communist ideology is taught.
“The rich aren’t paying their fair share.” Barack Obama
Top 1% pays over 20% of all tax revenues. Top 10% pays 68%. Top 50% pays 97%. The bottom 50%, the ones on welfare and government handouts, pay only 3%.
“It’s Bush’s fault.” Barack Obama.
Nobody ever said the Virginia Beach voters are smart.
In fact the Virginia Beach city Council thinks they are downright stupid - why else would they be able to raise the property tax rate from $.87 to a dollar $1.22 in 10 years without protest?
Now the Council plans to raise it another six cents per $100 assessed value to finance fiscal mismanagement and to help bail Norfolk out of its financially crippling, money-losing and unsuccessful ‘Fraim’s Folly' – – AKA Norfolk light rail system.
And have you heard any grumbling from the taxpayers? No!
VNS columnist Bob O'Connor looks at this display of citizen stupidity in his most recent column entitled "Easy Pickin’s.” Click here to see: O'Connor's 'Easy Pickin's' for an insight into stupidity of beach taxpayers.
Did novice Virginia Beach City Councilman Ben Davenport hit the Kickapoo Joy Juice before Thursday night's city Council budget hearing or does he not know what racism is when he hears it?
In his libertarian attack on the city's proposed budget, former City Councilman Robert K. Dean, in his speech,(balance of which had to be delivered by another citizen because of time restraints, stated. among other things: See Dean’s complete statement
“And Mrs. Hammond? (A staunch, but under-educated supporter of the Folly Trolley) What is it about this light rail proposal that makes it so finger-licking good?
“Is it the 40 percent cost-overruns? Or the fact that it will absolutely NOT reduce traffic congestion? Let me repeat that. No reduction in traffic congestion. And before the first shovel of dirt is turned, you have already thrown away a minimum of just under $50 million dollars that has to be figured into the capital cost of the project.”
Now we know that current state delegate and former Councilman Ron Villanueva was selected by Virginia News Source as one of the dumbest councilmen in Virginia Beach when he stuck out his chest trying to act intellectual and asked the police chief (about a murder case) if he had interviewed the victim. The police chief answered, "Mr. Villanueva, the victim was dead!) For that he was one of the first recipients of VNS’ "Dumb Ass of the Week Award.”
Davenport is now in the running for a council ‘DAW Award’. According to Dean, Davenport became agitated ... went ballistic charging 'finger-licking' was a blatantly racist remark... The Council youngster obviously didn't know anything about the KFC marketing slogan, its orgin and its useage in the world.
His nonsensical tirade caused Mayor Will (who refuses to deny he has used the word “NIGGER” in conversations) Sessoms to bring down the gavel and ’shush’ Lil Ben, telling him to be quiet and sit-down.
Dean was dumbfounded. Unable to understand what triggered the outburst. He couldn't comprehend what Lil' Ben was trying to say about racism …
by Tom Holmes
I share with you the following note to a friend regarding the attitudes of the Obama Administration toward our men and women in uniform:
You and I have children who served in Iraq, so we have a particular perspective on what it is like to send a child off into the field of battle. My son's USMC unit was activated prior to hostilities, mid-term, second semester of his senior year at Ole Miss, but he never once complained. Spent his birthday that year rolling across the desert from Kuwait into Iraq.
by John P.Kuchta Jr. - VNS Columnist
A man has to helplessly watch a pack of coyotes tearing a live, new-born calf apart to realize that cattle and coyotes don't mix. Sometimes, the culprits are hopelessly out-of-range. For many decades, coyotes were not a part of the Virginia landscape; but, now they are found in every corner of the state.
As a consequence of their taste for beef and wild game that we enjoy, we shoot coyotes on sight out on the farm in Suffolk, VA, where we hunt turkeys, bear and deer. If by chance we are able to see where the coyotes are dening, we're not above throwing poisoned baits near the mouth of the den. If you think that you've wiped them out, soon other coyotes will sense the territory is available and move their clan in to fill the vacancy. I guess that's just nature's way, the strong hoping to pray on the weak. CLICK 'READ MORE' BELOW FOR REST OF THE STORY ...
- 'The Coin"
- Obama's immigration moves sure to destroy America!
- White Rabbit - song of drugs, sex, and rock & roll, communes, war protesters, dropping out - Does it still apply?
- A Govt. of 'Goofballs' trying to be global leaders
- 4 simple sentences sum-up 10,535 pages of Obama Care
- No 'Cruz'in' for this reader
- Newer Birth Control Pills May Slightly Raise Blood Clot Risk
- Too Many Women Who Need Bone Screening Aren't Getting It
- Pap Smear
- Nearly 1 in 5 Female College Freshmen Sexually Assaulted: Study
- Single Moms Report Poorer Health Later in Life
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Endometrial Ablation
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- 'Fuller House': New cast members and why the program will be important for Netflix
- 'The Big Bang Theory': How the cast and crew are helping STEM students
- Eric Stowe makes a Splash for clean water
- Valuing a higher concept of man
- 'San Andreas' has remarkable CGI effects
- 'Sunshine Superman' shows the freewheeling appeal of cliff-jumping
- 'Aloha' is a genial but tepid romantic comedy
- Satyajit Ray’s 'Apu Trilogy,' now restored, is a masterpiece
- 'Deep Web' director talks Ross Ulbricht, the Silk Road's 'Rorschach figure'
- FIFA's Blatter: Vote for Russia, Qatar the root of crisis
- At $75 a game, indoor football isn't about the money
- Bob Baffert grows into racing's grateful elder statesman
- Blatter's future as president at stake in FIFA election
- THE LATEST: Voting begins to choose next FIFA president
- Hastert indictment offers few clues about alleged misconduct
- Suicide bomber strikes Shiite mosque in Saudi, killing 4
- Latest on flooding: River's threat reduced for Texas city
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- EPA proposes lowering required amount of ethanol in gas
- Muhammadu Buhari takes over Nigeria in crisis
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- A License to Spoil the Grandkids
- How Online Retailers Trick Shoppers Into Paying More
- 5 Ways to Save Without Looking Like a Cheapskate
- What Happens to Money in Your Health Savings Account When You Die
- 10 Best Things to Buy Organic at Walmart
- 43 Ways to Earn More Interest and Dividends
- Midyear Investing Outlook: Where to Put Your Money Now
- Is Aldi a Better Place to Shop Than Trader Joe's?
- Retirees, Find Hospitals That Score High
- Best Dividend Stocks of the S&P 500