by By Maureen Scott
Barack Obama appears to be a tormented man filled with resentment, anger, and disdain for anyone of an opinion or view other than his.
He acts in the most hateful, spiteful, malevolent, vindictive ways in order to manipulate and maintain power and control over others.
Perhaps, because, as a child, he grew up harboring an abiding bitterness toward the U.S. that was instilled in him by his family and mentors…it seems to have never left him.
It is not the color of his skin that is a problem in America.
Rather it is the blackness that fills his soul and the hollowness in his heart where there should be abiding pride and love for this country.
Think: Have we ever heard Obama speak lovingly of the U.S. or its people, with deep appreciation and genuine respect for our history, our customs, our sufferings and our blessings?
Click below to read rest of one of the most damning and articulate characterizations of the man known as Barack Obama - a blight on all America and its values - click here for rest of the essay:
Our U.S. Constitution defines what the federal government is authorized to do, including maintain a navy which is needed to protect the landlocked states. But, a federal standing army was not authorized. Why? Because each state had its own militia.
The Second Amendment states “A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
“Free state” refers to the sovereignty of individual states. Not only was the citizen militia to protect the states against a foreign power, but against any federal forces as well. Well armed citizens performed exercises keeping ready at a moment’s notice.
The U S Constitution authorizes temporary federal armies but with a two-year time limit (the time before an election in the House of Representatives) as a deterrent to lengthy foreign wars and it mandates that only Congress is authorized to declare war. This is to prevent the president from unilaterally sending troops into battle. Click Read More below
By Fred Barnes - Alexandria, Va.
Special to VNS
The biggest ObamaCare fight in the country is ruffling the politics of Virginia. The issue is whether the state should expand Medicaid to 400,000 more Virginians, as President Obama's health-care law prescribes. Gov. Terry McAuliffe, the pal of the Clintons and a former Democratic National Committee chairman, is committed to expansion; Republican House Speaker Bill Howell is opposed.
Though the struggle is far from over, Mr. Howell has the upper hand, and Mr. McAuliffe is increasingly exasperated. He's been outsmarted at every turn by Mr. Howell, whose maneuvers should be a lesson for foes of enlarging Medicaid in other states where it's still an issue.
Under ObamaCare, the federal government would pay 100% of the Medicaid expansion for three years, then 90% until 2022. Mr. Howell estimates the expansion will cost Virginia $40 million to $50 million in administrative expenses even when Washington supposedly is paying 100%. When that dips to 90%, another $200 million to $250 million will be added to the state's annual tab. Also, the percentages-100% and 90%-are nationwide.
Are Republicans shooting themselves in the foot by being such a closed party?
And are the Democrats ‘buying’ ’pseudo’ Libertarians to be spoiler candidates, not just in VA but in other states, where races between Republicans and Democrats are close?
Seems there is evidence Republicans are playing right into the ‘underhands’ of Democrats.
As ‘Howlin’ Henry Howell used to say, “There’s more going around in the dark than Santa Claus, and hanky-panky is its name!”
Now days it is ‘can’t win’ political candidates jumping into races as Libertarians, siphoning off the enough marginal votes of low information voters, to help underdog Democrats win.
A 33 YO Beach dirtbag has been charged with felony animal cruelty after animal control discovered a little 5-month old puppy, so badly abused and injured, it had to be euthanized after examination by a vet. The man was identified as John James Schultz III, 33, of the 3600 block of Sea Gull Road.
Animal control said two additional adult canines were removed from the home during the investigation and are being cared for at the Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center.
The case remains under investigation.
by John P. Kuchta Jr.
Unless I miss my guess, would the missiles being fired at an Israeli nuclear facility today be some of the 20,000 shoulder-fired, anti-aircraft missiles once owned by Libya's Gadhafi before Obama decided that Gadhafi had to go to that big dictatorship in the sky? See: http://www.infowars.com/hamas-just-attempted-to-create-a-horrific-nuclear-disaster-in-the-heart-of-israel/
You know the ones. The missiles that were all seized by Islamists, bandits and opportunists when the Gadhafi regime fell. I'll bet that Gadhafi felt pretty silly as he lay dying when he thought about having given-up his nukes years ago.
Who would have thought that the blood suckers in America would elect a Kenyan TWICE to lead the world's greatest country down the primrose path to oblivion?
How many of those previously Gadhafi-owned missiles have made it into the USA?
I'll bet that you're absolutely correct when you tell me that Janet Napalitano declared that the US / Mexican border is "safer than its ever been."
Yep, no missiles being humped across by Mexican drug cartels and Iranian Quds units. I certainly have to believe you! :-(
Don't be too concerned. Your US Border agents are busy protecting the border by changing the diapers of those 250,000 Central American children ridden with third world diseases that the Kenyan invited to America.
I guess that you've heard that 40% of the incoming kindergarten class in Virginia'sFairfaxCounty in September will not speak a lick of English? Do I hear a collective gasp out there?
Please repeat in unison, "Thank you, Mr. President!"
Just a quick note to compliment your cartoonist, Mr. Marks. He is outstandingly spot on when it comes to targeting national issues. Don’t know where he’s from, but it would be great if he turn some of his biting humor on local Tidewater, Virginia topics and issues.
But guess we can’t have everything. Please pass on my compliments.
Frank Jackson - Virginia Beach
Quote OF THE DAY
If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hi-jab is only subject to having her neck and head searched because of her religion ..... Then you might live in a country run by idiots
~Junius P. Long
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Weight Loss Surgery May Help Ease Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Yeast Infection
- Vaginal Pain
- Childhood Sex Abuse May Be Linked to Heart Disease Risk in Women
- Sexy Facebook Photos Not a Hit With Many Young Women
- Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
- Fibrocystic Breast Condition
- Mark Zuckerberg sprints past Google co-founders on list of wealthiest people
- Florida law barring gun inquiries by doctors upheld by federal appeals court
- How a storm on the sun almost wreaked havoc on Earth – but didn't (+video)
- Why Democrats love all the ‘impeach Obama’ talk
- Migrant children: All 50 states are housing them, but not to the same degree
- Humongous swarm of mayflies captured on weather radar
- Survey: many combat vets worried about exposure to ‘burn pits’
- Can your town ban fracking? Depends on the state
- If Google buys Twitch, will it put a giant target on their backs?
- By the numbers: Is the Apple iPad in trouble?
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce efforts stall
- AP ANALYSIS: Old story, new twists in Gaza war
- In Gaza, pediatrics wing crowded with war wounded
- US: Russia is firing across border into Ukraine
- What happened? The day Flight 17 was downed
- Migrants: Obama urges Latin leaders, GOP to help
- Former CIA officials can't see 'torture' report
- Teams converge on remote site to probe plane crash
- Arizona's McCain: Execution was torture
- Large Sandy-struck family splits $20M lottery win
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- July 17, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- July 8, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- Recall, Case Count & Investigation Update: Multistate Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Heidelberg Infections Linked to...
- July 1, 2014 (Recall Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 27, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- June 20, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Frozen...
- June 12, 2014 (Investigation Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- June 11, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- June 5, 2014 (Investigation Notice) Human Salmonella Typhimurium Infections Linked to Exposure to Clinical and...
- June 3, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Newport Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted...
- Reimbursing Yourself From a Flexible Spending Account
- 3 Types of Insurance to Protect Your College Student
- 5 Great Cities for a Cheap Vacation
- Avoid Rollovers of IRA CDs
- 7 Great Growth Stocks with Long-Term Potential
- Worst Things to Buy Before Your Kid Heads Back to School
- The Pitfalls and Profits of Collecting Cars, Wine, Art
- How U.S. Teens Rank in Financial Literacy
- How Good Are Morningstar's Fund Picks?
- Housing and Mortgage Advice From Around the Web
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections