What If …
What if Congress calls an Article V convention to amend our U. S. Constitution?
Since it is within Congress’s authority to decide how the delegates are chosen, what if they select themselves, like John Boehner or Nancy Pelosi, or as the Assembly of States advocates, a bipartisan group.
What if they let the states chose the delegates, the number to be determined by the electoral college system giving California 55 delegates to Virginia’s 13. And, who would be chosen from Virginia – Speaker Howell or Governor McAuliffe and whom they appoint, legislators who are just as guilty of overreach as those at the federal level?
What if the convention meets and delegates don’t like a proposal? Then the chair says, all in favor say Aye, opposed NO, the Ayes have it. Next.
What if the convention changes the rules for ratification, and make the number of states needed to ratify only half of the states, or none?
What if the convention gives us a constitution that gives us rights instead of protecting our God-given inherent rights? Any government that gives rights can take them away.
What if there is a good result from the convention? Will legislators who fail to honor their oath of office mysteriously overnight choose to do so?
What if the convention becomes a runaway, where anything could result? What then?
Sue Long - North, VA
Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to confirm or deny he’s used the word “NIGGER” in private conversations) Sessoms is lawyered up for representation against charges of criminal conflict of interest for voting on issues before the City Council benefiting people or companies to whom he’d loaned $140 MILLION in his other role as a president of Towne Bank Financial services.
Seems like conflict of interest is breaking out all over because Towne Bank has no ethics policy governing employees engaging in potential criminal activity through political influence.
Go To Bank Directors for list of bought off public officials to see all the prominent people and elected officials the bank has bought with board positions.
Lynchburg Commonwealth’s Atty. Michael R. Doucette had to be appointed special prosecutor because Virginia Beach Commonwealth’s Atty. Colin Stolle has a conflict of interest -- his wife works for the bank and his brother Beach Sheriff Ken Stolle is on Towne Bank’s board. Doucette is charged with investigating the charges against Sessoms and taking whatever legal action is needed.
Several people have asked the Federal Bureau of Investigation to open a government corruption investigation into Sessoms actions and any potential conspiracies that might be discovered.
Unless the Feds use the RICO - racketeering law — and discover active conspiracies and other criminal violations - the conflict of interest charges against Sessoms are only misdemeanors. A finding of guilt could force his removal as mayor.
Sessoms was placed on paid leave from his bank position by Towne and he resigned from 3 of the company’s boards, as did Norfolk Mayor Paul Fraim and Suffolk Mayor Linda Johnson. City councilman John Moss Tuesday gave Sessoms a letter asking him to step down as mayor until the investigation of the criminal charges is concluded. Sessoms refused, hanging on and causing himself and Towne Bank more negative public relations grief.Somebody should start cutting their losses.
VNS emailed Sessoms @ 9:35 a.m. Wednesday asking about lawyering up. He refused to respond, but other news sources reported he’d hired a team of criminal defense attorneys. They are Norfolk lawyers Lyn Swartz and son, Jeff.
The Norfolk lawyers will be joined by former Beach Councilman Billy Harrison of Williams Mullen. Harrison also has a checkered past.
Harrison is also on two Towne Bank Boards - financial services, headed by Sessoms, and the Virginia Beach Division of Towne Bank. Harrison gave Sessoms’ campaign $5,450 and his law firm kicked in another $13,000 (See Campaign Contributions:
Harrison was a City Councilman and voted "yes" to include TowneBank as a City Depository on December 7, 1999 but it isn’t known if he had any specific involvement/conflict (shareholder?) with the bank at that time.
Two weeks earlier, on November 23rd, he had abstained from voting on the ordinance that created the Town Center TIF ( tax increment financing plot) reason for abstention is unknown, but his law firm, Williams Mullen, is now an influential tenant, located in one of the office buildings that was built in the Town Center with TIF funding.
Do all these connections between politicians and Towne Bank indicate it is corrupt and without ethics? We report, you decide.
We all know about Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to confirm or deny he’s used the word “NIGGER” in private conversations) Sessoms being up to his shiny bald head in conflict of interest charges from a Virginian-Pilot investigation.
Yea, boy! You want a zoning approval, come see ole Will at Towne Bank. He's got yo money to loan and he’ll even vote (and get his council minions to do likewise) favorably on your zoning/building application(s).
Ole Will boy, he gots the power to make your projects happen, just come down to his Towne Bank office and git yoself some money, money, money real money !
But you wanna see who else Towne Bank has bought off through directorships at the bank?
What about Del.Chris Jones? What about Aubrey Layne Jr., secretary of transportation? What about Portsmouth Sen. Louise Lucas? Del. Ron Villaneuva? Yep he’s on there. VB Sheriff Stolle, VB Circuit Court Clerk Tina Sinnen, State Sen. Tommy Norment? Yep. They all at the bank’s beck and call. Click here for a complete listing.
Remember these represent just Towne Bank: What about the other dirtbag financial institutions? Public officials are already jumping ship from Chesapeake-based Monarch Bank. Just remember who your public officials really represent when you try to get their attention or help ….
by Kirk MacKenzie
The Conservative Forum
[Editor's Note: Attached is my report on the November 11th speaker, James O’Keefe, who is quite remarkable. Indeed. Do you know who James O’Keefe is? I’m willing to bet most of you don’t know who James O’Keefe is.]
A youthfully optimistic and provocative, award-winning journalist from New Jersey, James O’Keefe III, wowed a packed house of over four hundred Forum members and guests with undercover videos taken by Project Veritas, a non-profit organization O’Keefe founded (www.theprojectveritas.com).
The word ‘veritas’ meaning ‘truth’ in Greek mythology, O’Keefe’s brand of investigative fact-finding involves citizen journalists who infiltrate and videotape the lies and malfeasance of some of America’s most protected public and private organizations and institutions, like ACORN, NPR, Planned Parenthood, and voter fraud, ... and O’Keefe video-taped crossing the southern border dressed as Osama bin Laden. (Click here for rest of the story)
I had a rare moment Wednesday afternoon: I sat down to listen to President Barry's press conference. For those who know me personally, you can stop the snickering. Yes, I really did take time to listen! In fact, I had just listened to McConnell's press conference and was pleasantly surprised at his performance. Barry, however, was another story.
It may be just me, but I thought "The Dear Leader" was in a state of denial. He said he heard the people, but then tried to excuse his party's debacle by stating how many people chose not to vote, thus, deflecting the blame. Most importantly, he seemed to have forgotten what he said prior to the election: That the election was all about his policies.
I think he has a serious problem. He actually believes what he'd been told: That he was supposed to be the messiah of American politics. He now seems utterly confused and irritated that instead he is the pariah of American politics. Perhaps this is why he came across as a man betrayed, rather than defeated. It was as if he had just realized that "community organizer" wasn't exactly good training ground to be President of the United States of America.
Has Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to confirm or deny he’s used the word “NIGGER” in private conversations - ala Paula Deen) Sessoms’ conflict of interest antics jeopardized a proposed merger between Towne Bank, where he’s president, and Franklin Federal Savings Bank?
A Franklin shareholder filed a suit against the merger on Oct. 1, before any allegatons about Sessoms' criminal conflict of interest antics were made public, but data about Sessoms’ and the Bank’s conflict of interest activity has since been sent to lawyers for the shareholder in the suit.
Impact of revelations about Sessoms, a Towne Bank president, who has given loans of $146 MILLION to clients, and voted for their applications before the City Council, is unknown at this time.
Towne Bank, which Virginia Beach Mayor Will (who refuses to confirm or deny he has used the word “NIGGER” in private conversations) Sessoms, a Towne president, dumped in ‘deep doo-doo’ by mixing his bank role with favorable city council votes for favored applicants getting loans from his bank, may be facing possible problems with its planned merger with Franklin Federal Savings Bank.
Franklin is holding a Special Meeting of Shareholders on December 3, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. at the Cultural Arts Center at 2880 Mountain Road in Glen Allen to VOTE to merge into TowneBank.
With all of Towne’s recently revealed shenanigans - Norfolk Mayor Paul Fraim and Suffolk Mayor Linda Johnson - having to resign from Towne Bank’s board because of Sessoms conflict of interest votes amid calls for a criminal investigation - Franklin shareholders may want to take a ‘wait and see’ position on its merger plans.
One of Franklin's shareholders has already filed a Class Action Lawsuit AGAINST the merger...and this was before all the news of Sessoms’ potential criminal acts broke out in Virginia Beach, according to one of our great researchers.
Abraham Lincoln said you can fool some of the people all of the time. Indeed, two major hoaxes were born in modern America, and it is surprising how many have been fooled. Both portray something depraved as decency victimized. Both seek to shame people into submission with cries of injustice and intolerance. Yet both have been exposed as deception by science, medicine, sociology, and our own consciences.
Ironically, both are dependent upon an abusive slant on something sacred: being BORN...Homosexuals claim they are helpless victims of society because they are BORN that way, and abortion advocates depict women as victims of unwanted "parts" that are not BORN yet.
IN FACT, medical and scientific technology including ultrasound and videography have revealed the individual DNA, intricate development, heartbeat, brain functions, human responses, and even abortion pain reflexes of unborn children at the earliest stages.
IN FACT, the latest genetics research reveals no "gay gene", and homosexuals are born no more blameless and without choice than those of other sexual impulses including incest and pedophilia. (www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/ViewPage.aspx?pageId=66)
- Destroying America with the New World Order: 2014 Elections
- The New Normal: Homosexual protections comes at expense of religious values
- VNS picks for the Nov. 4 election
- Tip of the Iceberg - Who's buying whom in this election?
- Gay lifestyle: Who needs to know this?
- Vote with the Pilot or vote against the politicians they endorse!
Quote OF THE DAY
SEX IN THE SHOWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In a recent survey carried out for the leading toiletries firm 'Brut', people from Chicago have proved to be the most likely to have had sex in the shower!
In the survey, 86% of Chicago's inner city residents (almost all of whom are registered Democrats) say that they have enjoyed sex in the shower.
The other 14% said they hadn't been to prison yet.
Sort of brings tears to your eyes!!!!
- Combination Antibiotic Zerbaxa Approved
- Timing of First Period Tied to Women's Later Heart Risk: Study
- Picture of Uterine Fibroids
- Full Bladder May Get a Third of Women Over 40 Up at Night
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Women Can Outperform Men in Financial Negotiations, Study Shows
- Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Mammograms for 40-Somethings Supported by New Study
- Urinary Incontinence: More Common Than You Think
- Roth IRA: How a well-timed conversion could yield sweet tax savings for retirees
- Digging in: How Aceh's past tsunamis cast light on future seismic threats
- 'Inherent Vice': One of the more complicated films of the holiday season
- Chinese food leftovers? Make duck fried rice
- Gunmen attack African Union base in Somalia
- Pleas for calm after black teen shot in Missouri
- Pope's Christmas message aimed at children, refugees
- CDC tech may have been exposed to Ebola
- Father of downed pilot asks ISIS to release him
- Sony releases the Interview online, in independent theaters
- Asia marks 10 years since Indian Ocean tsunami
- Journalists share indelible memories, images from tsunami
- Wake to be held for 1 of 2 slain NYPD officers
- Sony film mess reflects gadgets-entertainment gap
- Turkish teen accused of insulting Erdogan freed from custody
- Sanders: I'll decide on presidential run by March
- Israel's ultra-Orthodox mull bigger role for women
- College sees small, big benefits with loan promise
- India's brass bands struggle amid changing tastes
- AP PHOTOS: People around the world mark Christmas
- Philomena Lee Follows Her Movie's Footsteps in Washington
- After Construction, Keystone XL Will Only Support 50 Jobs, Report Says
- Box May Have Filed Secretly for Initial Public Offering
- More States Seek to Repeal Common Core
- Hold On to the Thin Mints, CookieCott 2014 Encourages Conservatives to Stay Away from Girl...
- Kirsten Gillibrand Slams Sexual Assault Panel's Decision on Commander's Role
- With Bruno Mars' Halftime Show, Has the Super Bowl Finally Gotten Over Nipplegate?
- State Department Keystone Pipeline Report Finds Little Impact on Carbon Emissions
- Another Cruise Ship Docks Early After Gastrointestinal Outbreak
- New Peanut Therapy Alters DNA
- December 16, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- December 4, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- November 24, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Infections Linked to Bean Sprouts
- October 21, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- October 16, 2014 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- September 25, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- August 21, 2014 (Investigation Announcement): Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Braenderup Infections Linked to Nut Butter...
- August 20, 2014 (Final Update) Outbreak of Human Salmonella Cotham and Salmonella Kisarawe Infections...
- August 13, 2014 (Final Update) Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Organic Sprouted Chia...
- August 8, 2014 (Investigation Update) Multistate Outbreak of Human Salmonella Infantis and Salmonella Newport Infections...
- 3 Simple Steps to Get Rid of Old Electronics
- 6 Things You Must Know About Gift Returns
- How to Donate Stock to a Charity
- Buying a Car as a Christmas Gift. Really?
- 10 Things to Look Forward to in 2015
- A Smart Reason to Cash Out Your Car Lease
- 5 Best Bond ETFs for Today's Market
- Get Juicy Income From Battered Energy MLPs
- Smart Year-End Tax Strategies for Investors
- Last-Minute Strategies for RMDs From Your Retirement Accounts
- December 11, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked...
- Initial Announcement: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Ready-to-Eat Salads
- May 30, 2013 [Final Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- May 10, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 26, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- April 5, 2013 [Investigative Update]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- March 29, 2013 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O121 Infections Linked...
- December 10, 2012 [Final Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- November 17, 2012 [Initial Announcement]: Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 Infections
- July 20, 2012 (Final Update): Multistate Outbreak of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli O145 Infections